PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss CBB?

CloudChaser
Aug 22, 2013, 01:02 PM
I used to spam Chaotic Border Break everyday for Xie's missions and now it's gone:/ so much for faster leveling...

Agastya
Aug 22, 2013, 01:06 PM
ruined by persona chunking off a fifth of the quest every time he appeared

that and mechs in the city, that was ass too

either way i won't miss it

ashley50
Aug 22, 2013, 01:11 PM
Not at all.

Z-0
Aug 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
I like BB gone because souls are higher price which means I make more money. :3

Shirai
Aug 22, 2013, 01:15 PM
Only miss the exp.

But besides that, not really.

CloudChaser
Aug 22, 2013, 01:19 PM
Only miss the exp.

But besides that, not really.
Basically my point. It was an easy way to test out other classes and speed up the leveling process.

I like BB gone because souls are higher price which means I make more money. :3
Lol what souls?

Nikoshae
Aug 22, 2013, 01:20 PM
I only miss it cuz it was a nice 'well, what to do now, can't think of anything, oh hey I'll spam that mission until I think of something.'

I kind of missed it while leveling Braver up through the 20's or so, but eh ... not so much now lol

MetalDude
Aug 22, 2013, 01:22 PM
Nice enemy variety and reliable experience. Persona appearing for the billionth time got old fast though.

Nikoshae
Aug 22, 2013, 01:24 PM
Nice enemy variety and reliable experience. Persona Meseta Piņata appearing for the billionth time got old fast though.

Fixed :D

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 01:24 PM
pretty neutral about BB, the fact that it finished the quest for you after 1000 pts was seriously annoying

Nikoshae
Aug 22, 2013, 01:26 PM
pretty neutral about BB, the fact that it finished the quest for you after 1000 pts was seriously annoying

I honestly wouldn't have minded if they'd just been like, hey, go in and kill stuff, there is no success condition. Spend all day in the same mission if you want. But I suppose they had to make some kind of success condition ... probably coding or some such.

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 01:26 PM
I liked it because I could just jump in and play and people would always be there, so I could grab almost any kill CO for enemies you found there and clear it faster than if I was solo in their native area

I didn't like it because nobody played anything else

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2013, 01:34 PM
I liked it because I could just jump in and play and people would always be there, so I could grab almost any kill CO for enemies you found there and clear it faster than if I was solo in their native area

This is how I felt about it as well.

I don't particularly miss it specifically but I wouldn't mind more event missions that aren't EQs.

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'd like more quests that are permanently listed, but are less universally good than border break was. Maybe make it a planet-based thing where enemies from all areas on a planet will show up, kind of like how ruins will spawn forest enemies, tundra enemies, and of course ruins enemies.

With quarry coming up that would be a great opportunity to do exactly this for Lillipa enemies. They almost definitely won't do it, but I'd like it if they did.

strikerhunter
Aug 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
I miss CBB a lot..........

It was easy to find an MPA.

Punisher106
Aug 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
CBB was alright, a great way to get your COs done. I liked having the quartz dragons there, since little to nobody wants to run FC Exploration.

CloudChaser
Aug 22, 2013, 01:42 PM
My favorite thing about CBB was the moment when you had to face, a chrome dragon, and a quartz dragon, and a vol dragon, and gwanahda, AND persona, all at the same time:D It was a field day for me!

Kamekur
Aug 22, 2013, 01:42 PM

Pretty much this. Coupled with Super Falz/Regular Falz spam, it was incredibly easy to level. I managed to get all my classes over level 45 on my dewearl with it.

And this, too :/ . It was kinda hard to find AQs. It worsened when EP2 came in and people started spamming coast for Agitos.

I don't really miss BB. Basically because I don't need it anymore.

CloudChaser
Aug 22, 2013, 01:45 PM
I don't really miss BB. Basically because I don't need it anymore.

Thank you for explaining most everyone's reason for not missing it lol.

Chdata
Aug 22, 2013, 01:54 PM

Nobody already plays anything else.

o0Kais0o
Aug 22, 2013, 01:57 PM
I miss having more three or more bosses appearing in a small area, that was kinda fun. Or walking around a corner after killing said bosses and having a quartz dive bomb my face, CBB was enjoyable to me.

strikerhunter
Aug 22, 2013, 02:13 PM
I miss having more three or more bosses appearing in a small area, that was kinda fun. Or walking around a corner after killing said bosses and having a quartz dive bomb my face, CBB was enjoyable to me.

Yea, will miss those boss vs boss and watch them fight or 4 cats on the road.

This what I like bout CBB, more bosses will appear and fight rather than run around.

pkemr4
Aug 22, 2013, 02:15 PM
i miss CBB because of the massive exp and good chance for rare drops.

ReaperTheAbsol
Aug 22, 2013, 02:43 PM
When CBB was around I always had something to fall back on if my TACOs were on cooldown on both characters or nobody wanted to AQ or EXQ.

The Walrus
Aug 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
I miss the easy EXP it gave. We need more quests like that.

Actually I kinda miss that you could encounter such a variety of enemies there too. That was always nice.

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it kept it interesting. I liked being able to encounter so many different enemies, and I liked the variety of weaknesses to let forces bring whatever they wanted without having to worry about literally everything on the planet not being weak to their chosen school of techs.

I also liked how the focus was on bosses and minibosses. I'm not even talking about the loot, either. I never found shit and that wasn't what I cared about. The fun was having so many different kinds of enemies to fight against in the same place, never knowing what was coming up next. It kept it fresh. One time I had 2 tranmizers and snow banthers. Another time I had 2 catadrans and 2 catadransas. A different time I had persona fighting a rockbear. Then fang banthers with gwanas. It was fun.

Every other level? You know exactly what you're going to find in an area because only like 5 freaking minibosses and bosses spawn combined.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 22, 2013, 03:39 PM
I really miss BB; in fact, I played almost nothing else. Many people have already said what I wanted to say so I'll just quickly reiterate some of the main points that I resonate with:

1. Fast, fun, fresh, unpredictable action with other players.
2. Great place to farm for a variety 10*'s to either keep or sell on the player shop; relatively easy to find rares and make money.
3. Easy to complete many CO's in a single place with a full MPA.
4. The main place where I actually care for interacting and joining other player's party; more often than not, people don't really take this place all to seriously and just want to murder stuff and have a good time.
5. A variety of enemies concentrated in a single quest with different bosses and Codes occuring simultaneously for thrilling and crazy fun (augmentation to reason 1).
6. A place where team work more often than not thrive and I get to see the g
ood in people.

In summary, I really love this place because: "many birds are killed with one stone".

UnLucky
Aug 22, 2013, 04:18 PM
It was never the best place to level, but it was all anyone ever ran so it made anything else worse.

The points really killed it as an efficient grind map, but because it split it up like that it was good to curb monotony. Just that you pretty much couldn't organize anything and PSE Bursts were exceedingly rare because half of the MPA was booted out at any given moment.

Really miss the easy souls, especially Mizer, and a good set of COs to complete/rotate through, but other than that it wasn't that great of a map.