PDA

View Full Version : Force using fighter as a Sub

kumpao
Aug 22, 2013, 01:26 PM
now i have unlocked the fighter sub, i ve heard that fighter has a good skills tree to boost force strenght, do you know about it?

tks in advance

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212291

Nikoshae
Aug 22, 2013, 01:29 PM
It's the Brave/Wise stance that really gives the damage boost. Flat damage boost when facing front or back is really nice. Your other favourable options are Techer (raw T-ATK, and support skills), and Braver (stances that give damage boosts to overall or weak points, and further buffed to give damage bonuses on charging abilities).

Also, sorry, but shouldn't this be in the Gameplay forum? Sounds like advice requested, and you could have found this answer with a bit of digging around there.

Chdata
Aug 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Don't use Fi sub anymore. Use Br with weak stance.

Shadowth117
Aug 22, 2013, 04:36 PM
Don't use Fi sub anymore. Use Br with weak stance.

If you wanna do things like use lightning on non robots, which ends up being very good, this isn't always the best idea.

kumpao
Aug 23, 2013, 07:38 AM
are you saying that it s better to use the techer as a sub?

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2013, 08:18 AM
define "better"

there is no best sub in the game, just better in certain situations

do you want real advice? raise up fighter, braver, and techer, then switch between them depending on what you're doing.

sub braver if everything is weak to the same element (ideally your specced element)
sub fighter if everything is not weak your specced element
sub techer if you want lots of PP and/or extra dark damage

edit: for example
let's say you're a fire FO in a forest AQ: use braver, everything is weak to your spec
let's say you're a fire FO in a ruins AQ: use fighter, not everything is weak to your spec
let's say you're a fire FO in the floating continent: use fighter or a full/partially dark specced techer, you can try to increase fire damage like in ruins or you can try to get a bit of dark damage & PP for your fire techs

Arada
Aug 23, 2013, 08:22 AM
are you saying that it s better to use the techer as a sub?

No, I guess he wanted to say that it's a viable option.

Force/Techer has a higher base T-ATK but not many modifiers to make your tech damage increase. However, one of the strengths of this build is the access to faster PP regeneration and a few useful skills like Territory Burst and PP Convert.
With this combination, you'll deal damage over a longer period but not as high as Force/Fighter or Force/Braver.

Force/Fighter is just the powerhouse. Thanks to Brave Stance, you have high damage modifiers to your tech and you will deal very high damage if you're in front or behind the enemies (whichever Fighter's Stance you choose).
This combination is better used with "specialized" Force skill trees with emphasis on either Fire or Lightning. Prefered is Lightning because of the raw strengths of the Zonde-type techs and of Bolt Tech PP Save which lets you cast for a longer period of time.

Force/Braver is also a good choice thanks to Weak Stance which boosts all your techniques by 50% as long as you're using the correct element on the enemy (with techs, you do not have to hit the weak spot to get the bonus).
This combination forces you to switch weapons/elements to be able to deal optimum damage but it's a good choice regardless as you do not have to switch elements very often in the current areas (almost only on Coast you have to switch). The drawback is that you don't have the PP regen nor the ability to rely on Bolt Tech PP Save when you're using other elements to be able to cast for longer periods.

Quite different gameplay for the same class, as you can see. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2013, 08:27 AM
Fighter increases your tech damage by 44% for brave or 69% for wise, and may require switching between stances to maintain bonus damage

Techer offers more PP, then masteries for dark or light (most people ignore wind), then as kind of an afterthought you also have element weak hit for 20% extra damage if the enemy is weak to the tech's element

Braver offers 57% more damage in exactly the same way as element weak hit on braver, providing you fully charge your tech. You also get the bonus if you hit a weak point, even if you use the wrong element.

kumpao
Aug 25, 2013, 07:50 AM
tks, im gonna give them a try to find what can i do with that.
Last thing, i ve feeded my mag to be a tech supply but lvling the other classes i ve seen that im producing not a good damage, any ideas bout it?

tks

Shadowth117
Aug 25, 2013, 09:26 AM
tks, im gonna give them a try to find what can i do with that.
Last thing, i ve feeded my mag to be a tech supply but lvling the other classes i ve seen that im producing not a good damage, any ideas bout it?

tks

If you want good damage for all classes, you will need a MAG for all classes. That's just sorta how it is. You can go and make a second character since all accounts have 2 free ones now, but other than that, unless you get another MAG you shouldn't expect your classes to play amazingly.

UnLucky
Aug 25, 2013, 01:11 PM
Force/Braver is actually generally weaker than Force/Fighter if you're using an element in which you have no Mastery, simply to get the Weak Stance bonus.

The only time it's worth using something over your main element is on Vol Dragon because of the penalty on anything not Ice/Dark, machines because they take 130% lightning and you should have at least 9% in the Mastery, or Tundra natives that take 130% fire and again your 9% Mastery.

Sometimes it can simply be easier to hit the enemy with a tech they are weak to because the techs themselves don't all function the same, but point for point, Fo/Fi is stronger than Fo/Br if you're not specced in the enemy's weakness. You can also hit the enemy's weak point in your primary element to hit higher numbers than Fo/Fi, but that's not always possible.