PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice this XP?

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 08:33 AM
I've been playing PSO2 for a few months now. When I wanted to start trying out a new class I used a simple trick where I used my higher level classes to do high exp CO's and then switch to my other class to give it the xp. But I've noticed lately that every mission I do with my GU class is worth 15000-18000XP but when I switch to the new class I'm trying out it only becomes worth 1200-1500XP. Was this part of one of the updates, to stop people from speed leveling, that I just didn't notice til now? Because I used to do this alot when I'm trying out a new class to get it to a higher level and see what it can actually do and have fun with it.

No I'm not lazy I just don't feel like spamming the forest, volcano, and desert for hours. This may be the one reason I miss CBB.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 23, 2013, 08:35 AM
They nerfed exp for lower levels because SEGA thinks grinding is fun and shortcutting to a good level like 40, where the fun happens, is not fun

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2013, 08:36 AM
This has been around since either just after launch, or always. It's just exp scaling.

You can turn these COs in on your main class while subbing the class you want to level, and since the subclass exp gains aren't penalized like that you can often times gain more exp for the class than if you tried turning it in while maining it. It's kind of funny, you'd think they'd want to limit that, but I guess it was too much work.

KazukiQZ
Aug 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
The EXP penalty are just too great, i guess. Can anyone tell how much the reduction % when the difference in level is 11?

Shadowth117
Aug 23, 2013, 08:38 AM
I've been playing PSO2 for a few months now. When I wanted to start trying out a new class I used a simple trick where I used my higher level classes to do high exp CO's and then switch to my other class to give it the xp. But I've noticed lately that every mission I do with my GU class is worth 15000-18000XP but when I switch to the new class I'm trying out it only becomes worth 1200-1500XP. Was this part of one of the updates, to stop people from speed leveling, that I just didn't notice til now? Because I used to do this alot when I'm trying out a new class to get it to a higher level and see what it can actually do and have fun with it.

No I'm not lazy I just don't feel like spamming the forest, volcano, and desert for hours. This may be the one reason I miss CBB.

No, its more that you're turning in a very high level co into a low level class. CO's have levels that they're all supposed to be done at and usually these are based on when you can actually do them. EXP will be nerfed for these severely if you turn in something very high into a very low class clearly. Of course, once the class levels up more, the nerf % decreases. And of course, doing CO's around that classes level and turning those in will help too. Its been there a long time now, but it hardly stops speed leveling. You may just need more CO's than you thought you might.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 08:46 AM
No, its more that you're turning in a very high level co into a low level class. CO's have levels that they're all supposed to be done at and usually these are based on when you can actually do them. EXP will be nerfed for these severely if you turn in something very high into a very low class clearly. Of course, once the class levels up more, the nerf % decreases. And of course, doing CO's around that classes level and turning those in will help too. Its been there a long time now, but it hardly stops speed leveling. You may just need more CO's than you thought you might.

I figured as much:/ Dammit. Anyone have a clue as to the fastest way to get this done?

Nikoshae
Aug 23, 2013, 08:54 AM
Not sure, but I wound up getting Braver to 30 or so while subbing it under level 45 Ranger while only playing casually. I'd only really gotten back into playing about a week and a half ago. Now Nikoshae is a 46-ish Braver, and Ranger is level 50 lol

The EXP comes quick as a subclass if you really work on it. High level CO's may be more beneficial turned in for the higher level class, because you gain 10% of that as your subclass. It's not 10% of what the EXP would have been for your subclass, but rather just a flat 10% of what your main class gets.

Also, if you're killing higher-end stuff with an EXP boost on you're gaining 10% of the end result of those EXP gains. So, say after an exp boost you're getting 500 exp from killing something. Subclass gets 50 of that.

I like the new system. It winds up helping to make subclass leveling a little less tedious. Too bad it doesn't go all the way to 60, though, cuz I could wind up getting ranger to 60 without having to switch lol...

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
There is a subclass level cap for getting XP from main class?

strikerhunter
Aug 23, 2013, 09:04 AM
There is a subclass level cap for getting XP from main class?

Subclasses gain 10% exp from kills and COs until lvl 40.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 09:11 AM
So if I threw Force as a subclass to my Gunner it would be more beneficial? I have XP bossters up the ass and meseta boosters as well, I need to pretty much make as much meseta as possible I need 6 mil by the time I achieve Techer, StrikerHunter is gonna help because he is a badass who can help me rape Big V on Hard:D. other than that I only see my subclass getting maybe 18 by the end of the weekend. But I appreciate the input everyone

Nikoshae
Aug 23, 2013, 09:55 AM
It depends if you want to level Force and learn as you go along, or if you just want Force to be level 30-40ish with minimal effort and then pick up learning how to Force. Gunner will be a little gimp cuz you don't have the typical subclasses for it, but if you're fine with that ... it'll be just fine.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 10:06 AM
I just want to get to techer. I'm kinda fucked with my MAG being ranged but I figured having Force as a subclass until I get techer high enough to wield Acro Cane on its own was a pretty good start, then from there I could use braver or fighter, probably braver

TaigaUC
Aug 23, 2013, 10:57 AM
I never learn anything during levelling in any game.
"End-game" gameplay is always totally different: talents/skills, enemies, areas, class combinations, equipment... they're all different.
Levelling almost always has zero relevancy. I rarely ever have problems jumping to the end of games and picking things up immediately.

Fastest ways I've found to level:
- Unlock all of the areas ASAP to get more orders and EXP from Coffee's orders
- Unlock as many client orders as you can, from everyone... then do them all at once efficiently and turn them in.
- Turn in all of Franca's orders when they are up. Buy the items if you have to.
- Watch the dailies for easy orders that have fat payout
- If you have a high level main, two box and drag the lower one through stuff to clear everything fast. Especially low level Emergency Quest events for bursts.
- Use +50% exp boost tickets all the time. Fill your party for party EXP bonus.
- Do Falz Arms as often as possible (hard difficulty Arms usually isn't as efficient because of the gear/level gap, but worth a try).

ChronoTrigga
Aug 23, 2013, 10:59 AM
Wait...if you have two characters on one account...they share Client Orders? o_O

Z-0
Aug 23, 2013, 11:00 AM
No, they don't.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 11:02 AM
I wish they would allow us to place MAGs in our storage to swap between characters.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 11:04 AM
"End-game" gameplay is always totally different: talents/skills, enemies, areas, class combinations, equipment... they're all different.
Levelling almost always has zero relevancy. I rarely ever have problems jumping to the end of games and picking things up immediately.

Fastest ways I've found to level:
- Unlock all of the areas ASAP to get more orders and EXP from Coffee's orders
- Unlock as many client orders as you can, from everyone... then do them all at once efficiently and turn them in.
- Turn in all of Franca's orders when they are up. Buy the items if you have to.
- Watch the dailies for easy orders that have fat payout
- If you have a high level main, two box and drag the lower one through stuff to clear everything fast. Especially low level Emergency Quest events for bursts.
- Use +50% exp boost tickets all the time. Fill your party for party EXP bonus.
- Do Falz Arms as often as possible (hard difficulty Arms usually isn't as efficient because of the gear/level gap, but worth a try).

I completely forgot you could buy quest items, Franca you and your ridiculous XP are mine tonight!!!

The_Philosopher
Aug 23, 2013, 11:14 AM
They nerfed exp for lower levels because SEGA thinks grinding is fun and shortcutting to a good level like 40, where the fun happens, is not fun

I'd rather have people actually play their classes and learn how they work and experimenting with different skills during their lower levels instead of bursting to 40 without doing a single quest and then sucking spetacularly.

It doesn't even take long to get to level 40 anymore once you have all COs unlocked - heck, I remember after the Braver update people were level 46 after 8 hours. I don't see why this is even a deal.

MoronSonOfBoron
Aug 23, 2013, 02:50 PM
Oh my god, this so much.

I quit MMOs forever.

strikerhunter
Aug 23, 2013, 02:59 PM
Oh my god, this so much.

I quit MMOs forever.

*cough*cough* You are still playing one *cough* cough*

Z-0
Aug 23, 2013, 03:01 PM
PSO2 isn't an MMO, although it's designed like an MMO, which is horrible.

MoronSonOfBoron
Aug 23, 2013, 03:08 PM
*cough*cough* You are still playing one *cough* cough*
I thought this was a dress-up and dating sim?

(off-topic alert)

UnLucky
Aug 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
I'd rather have people actually play their classes and learn how they work and experimenting with different skills during their lower levels instead of bursting to 40 without doing a single quest and then sucking spetacularly.

It doesn't even take long to get to level 40 anymore once you have all COs unlocked - heck, I remember after the Braver update people were level 46 after 8 hours. I don't see why this is even a deal.
Because Border Break.

Also you think you learn much about your class when you've got no gear and a blank skill tree getting carried all day in 12/12 MPAs?

The learning doesn't start until lv40, yo (and even still there are baddies at 60/60)

I figured as much:/ Dammit. Anyone have a clue as to the fastest way to get this done?
CO rewards decrease by about 1% per level that you're under, so if it's not too big of a difference, just continue turning them in on your lower level. It's still worth more on that class because your EXP to next level skyrockets so high that any CO is a drop in the bucket.

But things to look out for are Koffie COs and Xie's events. These either have no scaling, or are as low as like lv10 so they are excellent for rearing a new class.

Z-0
Aug 23, 2013, 03:23 PM
actually the way it works is that each CO has a level

like 30

If you're level twenty, you get 20/30 -> 2/3 -> 66% of the full experience gained.

It can be a pretty big difference, but it's still faster than levelling normally.

Saffran
Aug 23, 2013, 03:44 PM
I actually did this to level Br : do COs as another main and get the reward as a BR main.

Due to the exp penalties regarding COs, you will get a 4% decrease per level on any CO *except* special characters COs like Xie and Coffee. For example, the CO to unlock Beach was 15k exp as a lv 52 Te, I got 15k when I turned it in as a lvl 5 Br.

Other COs have as I said a 4% penalty per level difference. (with a minimum of 20% IIRC)
So if you were to redeem a "Sparseil" daily CO (requiring you to kill Sparseil lv31 and higher), you would either get 100% exp for you main and 10% exp for your BR (if it's <lvl 40) or you could change and main BR to redeem it, which quite frankly is better all the way. (unless the minimum exp changed in the last few updates, check yourself first)

"Good" COs to yield : Dragonkin (sanctum), beach enemies (from Hans), the very last one from Revelle, Weather Cos, Rare Enemies COs, Franka COs, TACOs.
All in all it's always better to main BR before getting the rewards.

Also, with the Support Partner System, you can have it hunt items for you. Just saying.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 04:10 PM
I actually did this to level Br : do COs as another main and get the reward as a BR main.

Due to the exp penalties regarding COs, you will get a 4% decrease per level on any CO *except* special characters COs like Xie and Coffee. For example, the CO to unlock Beach was 15k exp as a lv 52 Te, I got 15k when I turned it in as a lvl 5 Br.

Other COs have as I said a 4% penalty per level difference. (with a minimum of 20% IIRC)
So if you were to redeem a "Sparseil" daily CO (requiring you to kill Sparseil lv31 and higher), you would either get 100% exp for you main and 10% exp for your BR (if it's <lvl 40) or you could change and main BR to redeem it, which quite frankly is better all the way. (unless the minimum exp changed in the last few updates, check yourself first)

"Good" COs to yield : Dragonkin (sanctum), beach enemies (from Hans), the very last one from Revelle, Weather Cos, Rare Enemies COs, Franka COs, TACOs.
All in all it's always better to main BR before getting the rewards.

Also, with the Support Partner System, you can have it hunt items for you. Just saying.

Yea I'm glad I didn't finish the planets I have CO's with koffie still and hers are the only ones that don't reduce in xp besides xie

AgemFrostMage
Aug 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah EXP nerfs always suck. It's like in a game where you used to team with high levels go to a high level dungeon where high level friends run you through for leveling but they nerf hard the EXP so you don't level nearly as fast.

CloudChaser
Aug 23, 2013, 05:07 PM
I mean once everyone is level 40 we are happy and power level no more we just want it to be fun and not slow paced to where we get bored and quit for a few weeks.

pkemr4
Aug 23, 2013, 05:57 PM
tbh with BB lvling from 20-40 was easy and fun. but without BB its hard lvling from 20 to 40....

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 06:49 PM
Here I was thinking that I just got my character to Lv. 20 easily and that I'd be Lv. 30 by the end of Sunday. NOPE! NOOOPE!

It's literally like you hit a brick wall at Lv. 20. Honestly, I haven't ever seen something like this before. It practically forces you to start focusing on getting a sub-class quickly so that you can level up faster along with doing COs.

Guess it's time to start grinding my Force class to Lv. 30... :disapprove:

Link1275
Aug 23, 2013, 08:53 PM
Here I was thinking that I just got my character to Lv. 20 easily and that I'd be Lv. 30 by the end of Sunday. NOPE! NOOOPE!

It's literally like you hit a brick wall at Lv. 20. Honestly, I haven't ever seen something like this before. It practically forces you to start focusing on getting a sub-class quickly so that you can level up faster along with doing COs.

Guess it's time to start grinding my Force class to Lv. 30... :disapprove:
20-30 used to be the week long wall.

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 10:38 PM

So I heard.

When it comes to leveling, SEGA clearly doesn't know how to properly adjust the amount of EXP you get from enemies, quests, and client orders in this game whatsoever. It's like they took what they learned from PSO and tossed it out the window.

Whatever. It's an inconvenience, but I'll get over it. Gives me time to work on my Force and find better equips for my Hunter. She'll be the perfect representation of Alis Landale from Phantasy Star I, complete with a proficiency in all-around based melee stats, fire and wind techs, as well as support as soon as I'm done with her. :D

(Quite amusing when you think about the similarities you can draw from previous characters in the Phantasy Star franchise and attribute them to a specific race and class/sub-class in this game.)

In hindsight, the reason SEGA probably did this was to entice players into putting effort into building up their other classes and start making more use of sub-classes. Because, as we all know, there are newbies to the franchise that come in and think they like to know everything about the game and completely avoid the essentials like sub-classes, for instance. :wacko:

Chdata
Aug 23, 2013, 10:44 PM

It's because it's very basic game balance.

"Obtaining a good/profitable weapon as a drop like Elder Pain is fun and shortcutting to 100m is great!!!"

Except if everyone had Elder Pains, they'd be worth 1k each and be another piece of junk and you wouldn't be having fun.

Of course, levels are different and what's fun to you is subjective data anyways. I could say depending on my mood that fun only begins at level 45 or even 50, or that it's fun from the get-go and on. SEGA doesn't care as much about this as it does common sense behind balancing a game.

UnLucky
Aug 23, 2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah that's when it turned total grindfest. I even started doing the MB because of how little there was to do!

Now it's a bit different, since Koffie gives out EXP, and there are a ton of new EQs.

"Obtaining a good/profitable weapon as a drop like Elder Pain is fun and shortcutting to 100m is great!!!"

Except if everyone had Elder Pains, they'd be worth 1k each and be another piece of junk and you wouldn't be having fun.

Of course, levels are different and what's fun to you is subjective data anyways. I could say depending on my mood that fun only begins at level 45 or even 50, or that it's fun from the get-go and on. SEGA doesn't care as much about this as it does common sense behind balancing a game.
I don't know what that has to do with anything, but you can't get any valuable items in anything but VH.

Getting to lv40 isn't like finding an uber rare best in slot gear where you're set for life. It's like finding your first sword and finally having all the PAs. You haven't even played the game yet without em.

IzzyData
Aug 24, 2013, 09:07 AM
So someone said something about missions giving exp? I just started playing again since level 40 was the cap so I'm curious as to how I receive this exp. I'm pretty sure I don't get it from missions I do.

gigawuts
Aug 24, 2013, 09:12 AM

itt: reaching very hard is exactly the same as finding an elder goddamn pain

AgemFrostMage
Aug 24, 2013, 10:26 AM
tbh with BB lvling from 20-40 was easy and fun. but without BB its hard lvling from 20 to 40....

They should bring back the quest permanently except that Chrome Dragon is end boss instead.

Korazenn
Aug 24, 2013, 11:37 AM
So someone said something about missions giving exp? I just started playing again since level 40 was the cap so I'm curious as to how I receive this exp. I'm pretty sure I don't get it from missions I do.

Do VH TACOs and you'd see what people are talking about. There is one for every area and you can do each separate TACO once daily. B20 is the best place to find 'em.

dejixal
Aug 24, 2013, 03:38 PM
There are some daily COs that don't get scaled very much that you could do. The ones that come to mind are the ones that ask you to run certain quests like 3 times.

Korazenn
Aug 24, 2013, 06:04 PM
There are some daily COs that don't get scaled very much that you could do. The ones that come to mind are the ones that ask you to run certain quests like 3 times.

Yeah. Usually Daily Orders are a good way to level from early on in the game (particularly, the Enemy Defeat/Quest Completion DOs) along with Koffie's Client Orders. COs just in general, really.

It's when you get to the higher levels that doing TACOs become the standard for leveling.