PDA

View Full Version : The bad thing about owning pets...

LollipopLolita
Apr 9, 2003, 12:35 AM
When you have gassy dogs...

Aicinue
Apr 9, 2003, 12:38 AM
cleaning out hamsters isn't exactly fun either...

Saladwood
Apr 9, 2003, 12:48 AM
when you have a cat that pukes at least once a week

MasterJoel
Apr 9, 2003, 01:36 AM
a ferret that when he doesn't eat the most expensive brand of ferret food has horrible diarrhea all over the rug?

pixelate
Apr 9, 2003, 01:38 AM
having to pick up your dog because her hips are so bad that she can't get up on her own.

Orange_Coconut
Apr 9, 2003, 01:39 AM
When your fat cats mistake your dinner for their's...

MasterJoel
Apr 9, 2003, 01:40 AM
On 2003-04-08 23:38, pixelate wrote:
having to pick up your dog because her hips are so bad that she can't get up on her own.

ohh... i'm so sorry... my sister has two dogs, one with bad hip dysplasia, and the other with a similar disability with her knees... she had to help them for weeks... i'm sorry about your child.

LollipopLolita
Apr 9, 2003, 01:57 AM
child? it's grammy!

pixelate
Apr 9, 2003, 11:23 AM
Yep. Grandma turns 15 this Friday. She may be slow, but she still handle them young'ens trying to wrestle with her.

http://www.pixeldissonance.org/gallery/3_30_03/images/DSCN0975.jpg

LollipopLolita
Apr 9, 2003, 11:38 AM
wrestle or hump?

Thumbalina2k
Apr 9, 2003, 01:23 PM
i remember having a dog like urs pix. She got hit by a car going 45 in a 35, flew 90 feet, and had to have steel rods and pins in her hip. I'd have to pick her in the winter by the rear and help her get up the stairs, it was very sad. She's gone now, because my dad decided to be an @$$hole and take her to the pound to get her put to sleep cause he was mad at my mother. He did it for revenge. I will never forgive that man!

Elentari
Apr 9, 2003, 07:59 PM
my cat pees outa the litter box at least twice a day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif shes getting old though....i dont blame her for it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Zeebo
Apr 9, 2003, 10:40 PM
cleaning out hamsters isn't exactly fun either...

Especially that lil piss conner that smells..

Orange_Coconut
Apr 9, 2003, 10:51 PM
We had very bad experiences with hamsters (sp?). I remember we had about 4 and then sort of gave up because they kept dying. Each of them from the same reason.

Then the mice *twitch* ugh... They were cute... until they got violent. One day when I got home from school I found (I won't give details) that in each cage, one mouse had gotten beaten up. The reason for this was because there were 2 in each cage and they were all males. (Mom said the salesperson recommended males because the females might already have babies, AKA be pregnant) I kinda said that I didn't think it was such a good idea, and unfortunately I was proven correct... It was sick...

RuneLateralus
Apr 9, 2003, 11:16 PM
When you have a hamster who has babies...but chokes to death while eating one.

Aicinue
Apr 10, 2003, 12:18 AM
Especially that lil piss conner that smells..
Yup, I've been there, It's really hard to clean out... I got a little toilet thing but I couldn't be bothered to keep replacing the stuff in it...

geewj
Apr 10, 2003, 12:53 PM
Or when you have 7 people that threatening to steal your dog.

Toebie is mine danmit!

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 10, 2003, 03:20 PM
when your cat pukes on your bed/gamecube in the middle of the night and you end up sleeping in it.

Zeebo
Apr 10, 2003, 05:09 PM
when your bird escapes his cage chases hamster and then shits on my head...

Rotis
Apr 10, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-04-09 20:51, Orange_Coconut wrote:
One day when I got home from school I found (I won't give details) that in each cage, one mouse had gotten beaten up. The reason for this was because there were 2 in each cage and they were all males. (Mom said the salesperson recommended males because the females might already have babies, AKA be pregnant) I kinda said that I didn't think it was such a good idea, and unfortunately I was proven correct... It was sick...

Mature male mice are indeed often extremely territorial. People have had success with keeping brothers together that have never been separated for very long, but just plunking two boys in a cage is extremely risky.

I had some problems with mycoplasma in my rat colony. Add in some old age, and I had quite a few deaths in a short period of time. That itself was depressing enough, but the fact that the other rats decided to try to dispose of the body before I got home ... ugh. Nothing like coming home to roughly half of a pet.

And, well, cleaning out cages that come up to your chest isn't much fun, but the rats are worth it. :x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rotis on 2003-04-10 16:06 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 11, 2003, 02:28 PM
cleaning cat litter isn't fun either. cleaning any forms of pet poo isn't fun. but somehow when you're snuggling with them at night it's all worth it.

plus i have a dufus dog that walks into walls, that's always worth a laugh

TheBr00klynZ00
Apr 11, 2003, 03:21 PM
the snake tank and turtle tank and kitty litter smell combine...

RuneLateralus
Apr 11, 2003, 03:53 PM
My dog fell down the stairs once when trying to stop on the kitchen floor.

We laughed at the poor thing...but he was alright.

Aicinue
Apr 12, 2003, 03:43 AM
My hamster has bitten my brother and pissed on my friend...

MasterJoel
Apr 12, 2003, 11:34 PM
too many people hate the smell of a ferret. and i too have gone down the road of other animals. turtle tanks do smell, but not as bad as ferrets, apparently.

when i was li'l (4) i had 2 rabbits. my mother fried one in the sun, and froze one in the garage. whoops mom! that was upsetting to me...

oh yeah, and we have a half papillon half toy poodle dog that thinks she smells cool if she rolls in the urine of the neighborhood foxes which she loves to chase. gross!