PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Second Character Slot woes

skuizaan
Aug 24, 2013, 09:40 AM
So, I see a youtube video stating you can delete the 2nd character slot, and remake the character ad infinitum. I decide I want to reroll my 2nd character slot and make a dewman because my newman is just too weak for my tastes as a HU/FI. So after I confirm the delete, and then go to remake, I am greeted with the AC content charge dialogue box. Which leads me to ask, why? I had 2 slots available to me all this time that came with the account, why is my 2nd character suddenly being taken away? Why can the person in the video remake theirs but I cannot?

Can I get some clarity on this please? I don't mind spending a bit of cash on this game, but is this something common.. being nickle and dime'd for things you thought you could take for granted?

Zenobia
Aug 24, 2013, 09:57 AM
If you had more than 2 characters prior to episode 2 release of Duemans than their is your answer.

TaigaUC
Aug 24, 2013, 10:43 AM
Random YouTube videos aren't a reliable source of information.
In general, it's always best to confirm any kind of information via multiple sources, preferably reliable ones.

The Japanese PSO2 episode 2 page clearly states that if you had one character prior to episode 2, you will get a free permanent character slot.
If you had two characters (or more?) prior to episode 2, you get one free character slot ticket.

Don't know why people didn't just translate that source, as it's pretty clear.

Bellion
Aug 24, 2013, 10:47 AM
Uh, I had 3 characters when the update hit. I didn't receive a ticket at all.

skuizaan
Aug 24, 2013, 11:21 AM
AH. Appreciate the clarity on that TaigaUC. I was under the impression that any accounts made prior to EP2 release would be given the permanent bonus slot to create the new Dewman race character, and any accounts made post EP2 release would automatically come WITH the permanent bonus slot to keep things fair for all accounts across the board. It was really just an incentive for older players who already used their initial character slot and had no way of accessing the new "free" content release (Dewmans) without purchasing AC for the additional slot. Got it. No breaks for the incumbent newbies it seems.

Z-0
Aug 24, 2013, 11:25 AM
Uh, I had 3 characters when the update hit. I didn't receive a ticket at all.
Ticket is not a visible item. Go try and create a fourth character now and you should be able to.

Bellion
Aug 24, 2013, 11:32 AM
Yep, done. Here I was thinking I didn't receive an actual pass in-game for weeks now and I didn't even bother trying.