PDA

View Full Version : Tips on the ps2 version of psu?

lonewhitewolf1
Aug 26, 2013, 01:10 PM
I have owned phantasy star universe since it came out, unfortunatly, I can never get passed a mission, any advice for me on how to go through the timed missions?

Dr.No
Aug 26, 2013, 03:01 PM
Which timed missions are you talking about? If you could give out a bit more info about which missions you're having trouble with, then someone would be better able to assist you. Also, what class are you playing?

Usually it's never a bad idea to try to upgrade your items if they're in need of upgrading.

voodlar
Aug 26, 2013, 05:05 PM
I would guess he is on the mission with the 5 switches where you only have like 60 seconds before one of them shuts off. (You can have Laia stay and keep one of them on.) That mission can be a pain in the rear.

But after looking at what he wrote more carefully. It sounds like he hasn't completed any. The one I'm referring to doesn't come until later in EP2 if I'm not mistaken.

lonewhitewolf1
Aug 26, 2013, 06:49 PM
I played it before, and I always have problems since most of them are timed, the furthest I ever played the game was the boats. I was just wondering if there is a trick I need to learn.

Mike
Aug 26, 2013, 07:10 PM
Dodge the mines and collect the meseta looking boosters.

Rekku
Aug 26, 2013, 07:11 PM
You can look at walkthroughs for specific missions, like the switches in the Hive and the beat kid and whatever other timed runs you can't get through. Sometimes it takes strategy, sometimes you just have to practice and refine your actions to get out in time. There's not really any specific "tricks," but leveling up and grinding weapons can't hurt. Then you can kill the spawns faster.

lonewhitewolf1
Aug 26, 2013, 07:30 PM
thats the one thing i never did, side missions. so i was always underlevelled.

voodlar
Aug 26, 2013, 07:45 PM
Oh wow. Now I got ya. Definitely run the first side mission at the Linear Line (Fight For Food?) several times after you create your character. Not only can you level a bit, you can start out a few photon arts on whatever beginning weapons you like. Before you know it, you will be able to complete FFFood B. At that point, I would think you could easily beat the first few story missions (possibly even on B level).

If I remember, I usually did each of the side missions at least once or twice as soon as they were unlocked using them as preps for the next story mission. The ones I liked (most of them); I repeated frequently. You can improve your arsenal of weapons and armor slowly but surely that way.

There are a few perks about beating the story missions on "A" but it take a little grinding to do that. As stated a few posts above, the walkthroughs can help big time. Good Hunting!!!

Noblewine
Aug 26, 2013, 11:34 PM
PSUpedia.org is good for looking at the finish times for each free mission. It also has information on weapons and etc.

Pa leveling can be done if you spam it on bosses or enemies that are resistant to strike pa's. First you'll need to collect 3-5 weapons of the same type. You can save money if you pick up strike weapons that drop on free missions instead of buying stuff from NPC's. This also help save your photon chargers.

Plains Overlord boss De Ragan is good for spamming pa. The Machine enemies in Train Rescue or Endrup Underground are also good for spamming your pa's. This method also works for Technics and bullets.

Tyreek
Aug 27, 2013, 02:42 AM
From what you described, you seem to be doing Chapter 7. Its relatively easy to accomplish on its own if you know the paths to take and grab the boosters along the way. If you need a visual guide, you can check my sig for a video since I covered the mission already.

Also, I'd be trying to do the missions everyone else suggested. Doing main missions underleveled won't be good for you. Especially if you're trying to S rank them. Psupedia is pretty accurate with mission times, so use that as reference.

lonewhitewolf1
Aug 27, 2013, 12:44 PM
i have been playing the portable series (wish infinity made it over) while my ps3 is ylod. I will definitly try to do those missions you guys talked about. I am going to be more of someone who uses guns since a few hard bosses (de ragon) have weaknesses you cant reach with a sword.