PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 -- SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE (Completed) -- Aug. 28, 2013 @ 11:00 to 17:00 JST

Korazenn
Aug 27, 2013, 12:54 AM
Current Server Status: Online
Servers are now back online.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Notice to Everyone on Status of the English Patch:

The English Patch file is currently not working after its update for the version dated 08-28-2013. Please refrain from using it at the moment.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We will update you guys on when it is fixed~

---------------------------------------------------------------

This week's periodic maintenance for PSO2 JP will be conducted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 by SEGA. If everything goes as regularly planned, the update will most likely run from its normally scheduled maintenance period, which is 11:00 to 17:00 JST (10:00 PM Tuesday to 4:00 AM Wednesday EDT).

Update: SEGA has confirmed that regularly scheduled maintenance will be performed today through the time period mentioned above.

---------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:
All users of PSO2 Tweaker are now required to re-download the program from the following link in order to avoid having an error that will inhibit Phantasy Star Online 2 from launching. This new download can be found at the following link: https://copy.com/7swG37iPG7GzZoCT/PSO2%20Tweaker.exe?download=1

The reason for this is due to the old patch server crashing. The newer patch server has an optimum rate of 99%, meaning that both download and install speeds should also be much faster. This should benefit all users with the new updates made on August 28th, 2013 as it will allow faster download and install time for the vanilla JP files and re-installing the English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch thereafter.

Please note that all you need to do to set this up is download the file to the same location as your current PSO2 Tweaker.exe file. This will allow you to overwrite the file with the new one.

To do this, start up PSO2 Tweaker, click on the Orb in the top-left, and click on 'Check for PSO2 Updates'. Select 'No' when the dialog box shows up, and let the install of the vanilla JP files finish. After the update, you want to go back into the Orb menu, go to Install/Update Patches > English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch (as needed), and re-enable the 'Translate Items' option in the Orb's menu.

Please note that errors or crashes can occur past the scheduled maintenance. If you need any assistance with errors or issues in PSO2 that are related to the Tweaker, or encounter any errors post-maintenance, please provide us your qualms on this thread and we will address them ASAP: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

If the update stalls at any point, please restart the PSO2 JP Launcher or PSO2 Tweaker (depending on where you normally install the updates from). Then, redo the process you were working on in order to continue where you left off.

---------------------------------------------------------

New Updates Included:

Client Order Campaign Event #20
[SPOILER-BOX]
Runs from Wednesday, August 28th to Wednesday, September 4th, 2013.

Kressida
If you clear the Client Order [Quick Water Planet Survey] from Kressida, you will earn Experience Boost +50% x2. Completing the [Splendid Free Exploration] client order will net you Rare Drop Boost +50% x3 as well as Grind Risk Reduction (+1) x4.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info20130828/cliantorder/ss01.jpg

Location: You can meet Kressida just outside of Monument Plaza next to the West Block Warp Portal.
Recommended Quests: [Coastal Ecological Survey] and [Free Exploration: Coast], respectively.
Scheduled Gift Delivery: The rewards for completing these two Client Orders from Kressida within this event will be disbursed through the Visiphone Terminal under Campaign Reward Items on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.[/SPOILER-BOX]

9/4 AC/FUN Scratch Updates
[SPOILER-BOX]Items that are found in the AC/FUN Scratches are regularly swapped out during time intervals.

Currently Active in the Scratch Ticket Catalogue:

AC Scratch

Wild Ocean Pirates
Wild Ocean Pirates Gold

FUN Scratch
The items below will no longer be available in the FUN Scratch:

Pillar Port Bandana
Rhino Black Knee-High Socks
Rhino Red Knee-High Socks
High Socks White Rhino
Pirates Flag
Red Heart Valletta
White Hart Valletta
Pink Heart Valletta
Mage Bills
Chinese Hat
Chinese Red Hat
White Pirates
Black Pirates
Add Lobby Action 56
maimai unit
China Bed
China Sofa
China Low Table
China Mat
China Shelf
China Light
Okiku Doll
Senpuki
Mystery Grave
Okikunoido
Clog-Naimono
Sherbet
Sea Bay Managing Set
Private Pool
Theme maimai Chan
BaBan!! - Sweet trap -
True Love Song
Color My World
Genpei War Scrolls Theme Song
Cat Weather
China Theme
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Campaign Reward Items
[SPOILER-BOX]Now available at the Visiphone Terminal are the items you were eligible to win for the following campaign events:

Client Order Campaign Event #18
"Code: EPISODE2" start Memorial three major campaign "character creation and level up Campaign"
"EPISODE2 Code" start Memorial three major campaign "get items using the AC 3rd Campaign"
"EPISODE2 Code" start Memorial three major campaign "get items using the FUN 2nd Campaign"
Nico Nico live official "PSO2 broadcasting station" 2 ~ ~ Thanksgiving Special ARCS Grand Prix Finals broadcasting "hair grant" planning
"BORDER BREAK UNION" vs "PSO2" collaboration campaign

[/SPOILER-BOX]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Article(s):
- http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2064
- http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2065
- http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2077

Arialle
Aug 27, 2013, 02:58 AM
there should be nothing or this week....since the patch is for next week ...unless they are pre patch downloads for this maintenance

Korazenn
Aug 27, 2013, 06:44 AM
there should be nothing or this week....since the patch is for next week ...unless they are pre patch downloads for this maintenance

There is. :-P If you didn't notice, it was hinted at since last week when they revealed that the [A Boisterous White Day] and [Rampaging Malice] quests would have less time slots available on Wednesday (in Japan). ;D

Anyways, here is SEGA's official confirmation: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2064

The update is still on, everybody. I will make sure to provide you guys with plenty of new information regarding the update as it becomes available as always~

BIG OLAF
Aug 27, 2013, 06:48 AM
There is. :-P If you didn't notice, it was hinted at since last week when they revealed that the [A Boisterous White Day] and [Rampaging Malice] quests would have less time slots available on Wednesday (in Japan). ;D

When he said there's "nothing for this week", he was referring to what they're actually adding during maintenance (nothing this week, in terms of new content), not the maintenance itself. Obviously he knew there was going to be a maintenance; there always is unless SEGA specifically says there won't be.

Korazenn
Aug 27, 2013, 06:54 AM
When he said there's "nothing for this week", he was referring to what they're actually adding during maintenance (nothing this week, in terms of new content), not the maintenance itself. Obviously he knew there was going to be a maintenance; there always is unless SEGA specifically says there won't be.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. This is definitely not going to introduce anything major into the game because we already had several events all running simultaneously alongside each other. It was worded pretty confusing, which is why I replied the way I did; so just a misunderstanding is all, no biggie. ^^

Emp
Aug 27, 2013, 08:00 AM

Agreed. But Im suprised they arent goin to skip this week since next week is the the new area update? Also since there is nothing major being added or no shift is the maint time, making a thread for every maint is a waste of time on ur part.

~Aya~
Aug 27, 2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for this. It's nice to see someone cares about the community enough to keep those who are not updated, updated. Even if there is nothing major being added.. it is still nice to see a thread such as this one. Thank you.

Edit: The information below the announcement is enough for this to be posted every maintenance.

Korazenn
Aug 27, 2013, 09:07 PM
Servers are currently down for maintenance. I will keep you guys posted on any new updates that SEGA announces as maintenance is underway.

As for the patch update (for those of you who use Tweaker), stay tuned. The update for the new batch of vanilla JP files should be available soon for you all to download and then re-install the English patches in order to have the game ready to play once the servers are back up-and-running.

Remember that if you are using an older version of Tweaker (anything before ver. 2.5.4.0), you will need to download the new version from the following link before downloading the new vanilla JP files: https://copy.com/7swG37iPG7GzZoCT/PSO2%20Tweaker.exe?download=1

Thanks in advance~

ChaosAngel92
Aug 27, 2013, 09:18 PM
*sigh*
I'm in love of this community.
Thanks for all your work.

pkemr4
Aug 27, 2013, 09:31 PM
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu was 7k away from lvling ranger to 50 ._.

Korazenn
Aug 27, 2013, 09:50 PM
Updated the OP with the following details:

Client Order Campaign Event #20
[SPOILER-BOX]
Runs from Wednesday, August 28th to Wednesday, September 4th, 2013.

Kressida
If you clear the Client Order [Quick Water Planet Survey] from Kressida, you will earn Experience Boost +50% x2. Completing the [Splendid Free Exploration] client order will net you Rare Drop Boost +50% x3 as well as Grind Risk Reduction (+1) x4.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info20130828/cliantorder/ss01.jpg

Location: You can meet Kressida just outside of Monument Plaza next to the West Block Warp Portal.
Recommended Quests: [Coastal Ecological Survey] and [Free Exploration: Coast], respectively.
Scheduled Gift Delivery: The rewards for completing these two Client Orders from Kressida within this event will be disbursed through the Visiphone Terminal under Campaign Reward Items on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.[/SPOILER-BOX]

-----------------------------

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu was 7k away from lvling ranger to 50 ._.

Gosh, I feel your pain. I was searching for Spartan Parts A to complete a Team Order and finally get my team their own room. On top of that, my FO sub-class was only 900 EXP away from leveling to Lv. 25. Sadness... Q_Q

Shirai
Aug 27, 2013, 11:46 PM
Thank you for keeping us informed!
Who knows, maybe the server might come up a bit early than planned o:

Korazenn
Aug 28, 2013, 12:07 AM
Maintenance is still in affect for Phantasy Star Online 2.

However, I have now confirmed that everyone may begin downloading the vanilla JP files through Tweaker now (there should only be about ~15-25 to download in total). Remember that you have to re-install all of your English patches you used from before after doing so to get them working again. After maintenance is over, if you encounter any issues, please report them to us on the Tweaker thread and we will do our best to address your issue as soon as possible. :)

Thank you for keeping us informed!
Who knows, maybe the server might come up a bit early than planned o:

Hopefully, it does! I wanted to go ahead and rearrange the items in my room and check some stuff out at the shop before going to college in the morning. ^^

9/4 AC/FUN Scratch Updates
[SPOILER-BOX]Items that are found in the AC/FUN Scratches are regularly swapped out during time intervals.

Currently Active in the Scratch Ticket Catalogue:

AC Scratch

Wild Ocean Pirates
Wild Ocean Pirates Gold

FUN Scratch
The items below will no longer be available in the FUN Scratch:

Pillar Port Bandana
Rhino Black Knee-High Socks
Rhino Red Knee-High Socks
High Socks White Rhino
Pirates Flag
Red Heart Valletta
White Hart Valletta
Pink Heart Valletta
Mage Bills
Chinese Hat
Chinese Red Hat
White Pirates
Black Pirates
Add Lobby Action 56
maimai unit
China Bed
China Sofa
China Low Table
China Mat
China Shelf
China Light
Okiku Doll
Senpuki
Mystery Grave
Okikunoido
Clog-Naimono
Sherbet
Sea Bay Managing Set
Private Pool
Theme maimai Chan
BaBan!! - Sweet trap -
True Love Song
Color My World
Genpei War Scrolls Theme Song
Cat Weather
China Theme
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Goukezitsu
Aug 28, 2013, 02:11 AM
Servers up

o0Kais0o
Aug 28, 2013, 02:15 AM
So I'm guessing there was nothing added this week? I only ask because my game didn't start doing the usual file scan thing.

Korazenn
Aug 28, 2013, 02:16 AM
Servers up

Thanks! I was probably too taken up in testing to see that. ;D

So I'm guessing there was nothing added this week? I only ask because my game didn't start doing the usual file scan thing.

You can check the new updates on my opening post now. There's not much this week, but prepare for a big one coming soon. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice to Everyone on Status of the English Patch:

The English Patch file is currently not working after its update for the version dated 08-28-2013. Please refrain from using it at the moment.

Sorry for the inconvenience! We will update you guys on when it is fixed~

Ezodagrom
Aug 28, 2013, 09:31 AM
However, I have now confirmed that everyone may begin downloading the vanilla JP files through Tweaker now (there should only be about ~15-25 to download in total). Remember that you have to re-install all of your English patches you used from before after doing so to get them working again. After maintenance is over, if you encounter any issues, please report them to us on the Tweaker thread and we will do our best to address your issue as soon as possible. :)
Actually...there was no update today, so there's no new JP files to download.

Korazenn
Aug 28, 2013, 10:42 AM
Actually...there was no update today, so there's no new JP files to download.

Strange. I had about 20 files to download, but I guess there really wasn't. Will go ahead and update my post. Thanks, Ezo~ ^^

Neith
Aug 28, 2013, 03:16 PM
So did anyone else not get the Border Break collaboration items? I did the requirements (along with a team mate) and we both didn't get anything. First time I've had a visiphone reward not show up so I'm wondering if anyone else missed out on it?

Z-0
Aug 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
The requirement was to play both games, not only PSO2.

Rehal
Aug 29, 2013, 09:27 AM
Thats an announcement for preload stuff. It will be split to 2 parts which will be made available for download at those 2 days.

Korazenn
Aug 29, 2013, 10:32 AM
Updated my previous post.

SEGA is not doing maintenance during these time periods, but it is possible that their servers could go temporarily offline. Please remember to finish any quest(s) you are doing before this time to avoid losing your progress if it happens mid-quest.

Ezodagrom
Aug 29, 2013, 10:38 AM
but it is possible that their servers could go temporarily offline.
No it's not. This is just a predownload for the files for the next update, the servers never went down for pre-downloads before, and there's nothing saying that it's going to start happening now.
Basically they're allowing us to download the files for the next update to a separate folder (usually called precede), the files won't be actually used by the game until the day of the update (September 4).

Korazenn
Aug 29, 2013, 10:41 AM
No it's not. This is just a predownload for the files for the next update, the servers never went down for pre-downloads before, and there's nothing saying that it's going to start happening now.
Basically they're allowing us to download the files for the next update to a separate folder (usually called precede), the files won't be actually used by the game until the day of the update (September 4).

Woops! This is the problem with making these posts when in a rush at times. :P

Sorry about that~

Korazenn
Aug 29, 2013, 11:09 AM
Just a quick note to everyone:

SEGA JP has announced that this week they plan on having a split batch of pre-downloaded updates available for the next update. These files that are made available for download can be received for Tweaked users by going to the Orb Menu > Check for PSO2 Updates. Don't forget to re-install the English patches after the update.

You can see the times of these split updates below. Please note that these will both be covered by the next update topic made by me to avoid confusion, so any new updates made to the game will be made available for viewing through there. Also, if we have any issues with the patches post the next scheduled maintenance period, we will let you know of those in that thread as well.

Thanks~

Friday, August 30th at 15:00 JST (2:00 AM EDT)
Monday, September 2nd at 15:00 JST (2:00 AM EDT)

-----------------------------

Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2086