PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 So I bought the wrong item - Need help

FacelessRed
Aug 27, 2013, 11:18 AM
I tried to buy a flamme brand, but this guy had 3. Of course I didn't think he would have 3 and bought the one that I saw first thinking it was the one I had intended to buy. Alas, it was not and I end up with Burn IV Power 1 TECHNIQUE 1 and lucky rise. I don't give a crap about lucky rise, and as a hunter, not technique either. But I want the burn.

Trying to do this myself, I have 1 30% ability. I am gonna attempt to throw on Pow II ability 1 mut 1 and Burn IV... if I fail I'll basically end up with a dud weapon.

Burn is what I desire the most (+40% damage when enemy is under status effect) Then Satk and HP. Should I do it? or anyone know of a way I can actually succeed?

Burn success is 20% default... 50% if I go +30% and these are the best Items I have right now.

Shirokami
Aug 27, 2013, 11:38 AM
Do it and fail.
Don't do it and stay right were you are watching the thing you want in range to grasp it with your fingers.

Crysteon
Aug 27, 2013, 11:45 AM
I'd rather go for Vol Soul + Power 3 and Burn 3...gambling for Burn 4 is too much of a hassle imo.

FacelessRed
Aug 27, 2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah, i'm just gonna keep the shitty stats and learn to not rush. Im broke now though, so I'm gonna have to grind my money back... ::sigh: at least I get to have lucky rise I guess...

Grady219
Aug 27, 2013, 01:38 PM
Burn 4 only gives you a small increase for 2 more seconds iirc... It isn't worth the risk at all.

gigawuts
Aug 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah, higher level affix SEs don't have higher proc rates. They just have better results when they do proc.

I could be wrong on that, but I haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

Kamekur
Aug 27, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, higher level affix SEs don't have higher proc rates. They just have better results when they do proc.

I could be wrong on that, but I haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

They just tick for higher damage/last longer. I don't get why people bother with SE III with melees. After all, you are using ailments just to exploit Chase Advance.
According to Cirnopedia:

-Burn I is 1% per tick every 2 seconds. Lasts 20 seconds.
-Burn II 1.1% every 2 seconds. Lasts 22 seconds.
-Burn III 1.2% every 2 seconds. Lasts 24 seconds.
-Burn IV 1.3% every 2 seconds. Lasts 26 seconds.
-Poison I and II 3% every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.
-Poison III and IV 4% every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.

Having 13k per tick instead of 15k won't really make a difference when you're spamming DAs. 2 hits of DA are already more damage than the ailment tick. And I don't think anyone would take more than 20 seconds to kill a burnt miniboss.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 27, 2013, 02:12 PM
They just tick for higher damage/last longer. I don't get why people bother with SE III with melees. After all, you are using ailments just to exploit Chase Advance.
According to Cirnopedia:

-Burn I is 1% per tick every 2 seconds. Lasts 20 seconds.
-Burn II 1.1% every 2 seconds. Lasts 22 seconds.
-Burn III 1.2% every 2 seconds. Lasts 24 seconds.
-Burn IV 1.3% every 2 seconds. Lasts 26 seconds.
-Poison I and II 3% every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.
-Poison III and IV 4% every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.

Having 13k per tick instead of 15k won't really make a difference when you're spamming DAs. 2 hits of DA are already more damage than the ailment tick. And I don't think anyone would take more than 20 seconds to kill a burnt miniboss.

Pretty much. I'm like the only person I've seen that does quartz soul+burn I (I'd rather have the PP over HP while the burn damage does not matter).

On that note, reapplying a lower level stat effect strengthens it on the same target according to cirno. Apply burn I twice, it becomes as strong as burn II. Shouldn't be hard to do between the sheer number of hits from D saber gear+DA

Kamekur
Aug 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
Pretty much. I'm like the only person I've seen that does quartz soul+burn I (I'd rather have the PP over HP while the burn damage does not matter).

On that note, reapplying a lower level stat effect strengthens it on the same target according to cirno. Apply burn I twice, it becomes as strong as burn II. Shouldn't be hard to do between the sheer number of hits from D saber gear+DA

Uh, not really. I'm in your club, and one of my teammates does the same thing. Difference is that we go 3s with power III.

And I didn't know that, lol. Thanks for the info.

Dnd
Aug 27, 2013, 02:20 PM
Lv3's have 80% base with one active and a soul that boosts it (Vol for burn, gwana for posion, quartz for panic, fang for shock etc) so at the end of the day its not really that much lower chance and when soloing every bit of damage helps, right?

Kamekur
Aug 27, 2013, 02:24 PM
Lv3's have 80% base with one active and a soul that boosts it (Vol for burn, gwana for posion, quartz for panic, fang for shock etc) so at the end of the day its not really that much lower chance and when soloing every bit of damage helps, right?

It's actually the same chance. SE I x2 has a 80% rate aswell. I guess it comes down at if you actually care about the additional stats of the soul of your weapon or not. Or if you prefer HP, PP, or mixed stats.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 27, 2013, 02:25 PM
Uh, not really. I'm in your club, and one of my teammates does the same thing. Difference is that we go 3s with power III.

And I didn't know that, lol. Thanks for the info.

Oh. About the affixes, I only mentioned the soul and stat effect. I go 4s on my d sabers, and it eats 4-5 mil just getting it there because I can't find a good reason to not have a power III+power boost on it.

I dearly hope sega never gives me a reason to replace fossil bower, and thankfully lvl3 negative destroyer is all it needs...

It's actually the same chance. SE I x2 has a 80% rate aswell. I guess it comes down at if you actually care about the additional stats of the soul of your weapon or not. Or if you prefer HP, PP, or mixed stats.

^this. Either way, 20% affix boosters will guarantee the goal.

Kamekur
Aug 27, 2013, 02:28 PM
Oh. About the affixes, I only mentioned the soul and stat effect. I go 4s on my d sabers, and it eats 4-5 mil just getting it there because I can't find a good reason to not have a power III+power boost on it.

I dearly hope sega never gives me a reason to replace fossil bower, and thankfully lvl3 negative destroyer is all it needs...

My reason is that I want to play all 3 types of classes (disregarding Braver, Techer and Hunter as main) for whatever I need and I'm not wealthy enough to 50 element AND 4s everything :| .

Flame Icarus is somewhat more powerful for non-darkers. If you can afford a 50 element one, go get it. And if this update lets you use any 10*, a jinrai if you're (kinda) rich.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 27, 2013, 02:37 PM
My reason is that I want to play all 3 types of classes (disregarding Braver as main) for whatever I need and I'm not wealthy enough to 4s everything :| .

Flame Icarus is somewhat more powerful for non-darkers. If you can afford a 50 element one, go get it. And if this update lets you use any 10*, a jinrai if you're (kinda) rich.

Should'ave mentioned I stick to pyroxenes for the most part and sell 10*s worth something ^^. I got lucky finding noise blower, and fossil tricks after that months before the ruins AQ release, and I'd sell off a jinrai if it ever fell in my lap. Same with gunbraver since I have a rogue coffin (that and any class could use a rogue coffin with minimal effort, especially when the level cap goes up).

.Jack
Aug 27, 2013, 02:38 PM
Trying to do this myself, I have 1 30% ability. I am gonna attempt to throw on Pow II ability 1 mut 1 and Burn IV... if I fail I'll basically end up with a dud weapon.

It should be an 80% chance of retaining that burn iv and adding all that other stuff using the right custom made fodders. That make sounds pretty simple, but very time consuming. It should be 80/80/100/100 chance if I'm not mistaken.