PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the bs in my life

lonewhitewolf1
Aug 30, 2013, 11:44 AM
so today we lost electricity. first internet, then gas, now electricity. i have my friend holding onto my ps3 so that is one less thing i have to worry about my dad trying to sell, but now, idk, i just want to give up. he yells at me for losing my job when i dont like thunderstorms (walmart managers first told me when i hear thunder to go inside, but we were really busy and they yelled at me for not getting carts outside. i was working minimum wage and i am not one to risk myself over paper). i havnt had a job in a year, i been thinking about homeless shelter but they dont help find a job and a place to live. and no i have no friends i can stay with, the price of not trusting anyone that i know.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 30, 2013, 03:24 PM
Sounds like you need to meet better people. Also go work at a fast food place or something, you can still get plenty of hours there if you want to work. It fucking sucks, trust me I know, but it's money. Use it as a stepping stone, and research other jobs while you're there.

Mystil
Aug 31, 2013, 08:55 AM
Your chances of being struck by lightening outside are very slim. Unless you're wearing something, or holding something that by its nature, is a conductor. That said, umbrellas with metal poles on the top scare me. But you are generally safe from strikes when in areas with tall structures.

Don't go to a homeless shelter unless its your last option. Don't wont you ended up like someone I used to know. Once he got in there, his life never recovered.

I don't know or believe in this "things will get better" bullshit, so I wont give you such a tired and overused bullshit line, but I will tell you not to let your constant seemingly continuous hardships defeat you.

lonewhitewolf1
Aug 31, 2013, 02:39 PM
carts are conductors and remember that really bad storm that went through the midwest last year around this time? yeah it was one of those and they fired me for it. and i went to apply at burger king and the other store i used to work at.

strikerhunter
Aug 31, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'll just leave a not for you lone: Never give up on life.

Don't doubt yourself, even when things are looking bad and grim.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 31, 2013, 04:42 PM
carts are conductors and remember that really bad storm that went through the midwest last year around this time? yeah it was one of those and they fired me for it. and i went to apply at burger king and the other store i used to work at.
Now you're being paranoid. The most fatalities this year have been 18, with a majority in my state (AZ) and Florida. (http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/fatalities.htm) Which is three each. I don't WANT to be struck by lightning, but these scars are pretty bitchin'.
[spoiler-box]http://205.243.100.155/frames/human_LF2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Anyway, your fear is rational, but very highly unlikely. Your chances are low. It'll be fine. And to be fair, being worried about your safety is much more important than pulling in some damn carts. If they don't respect or understand because you fear for your safety, then they're assholes.

lonewhitewolf1
Sep 3, 2013, 09:06 AM
i just remember that kroger was nicer about it, when i was working there, they told me to stay inside till after the storm was over. now if it was just wind and rain, i still went out and collected carts.

Atbar
Sep 3, 2013, 08:40 PM
If you have any significant disabilities (you don't have to share those here) that's keep you from finding and keeping steady work, you can try vocational rehabilitation services.

HanSoto
Sep 4, 2013, 06:17 AM

I don't know where you live/what regulations are in your state as far as being able to collect unemployment...However, the next time some corporate company fires you for some stupid shit like that you should take it to their corporate office and file for unemployment. If you were genuinely concerned for your safety and were fired for it; they will most likely grant you some unemployment money. (Like I said...I don't know where you live and how they handle that sort of thing...but it doesn't hurt to try at least.)

As far as being unemployed...well...yeah...times are extremely tough right now...and work is damn near impossible to find. I had spent almost 6 months looking for work before I had finally gotten a minimum wage job. If you look hard enough though...and apply literally EVERYWHERE you can think of, a job will turn up. There are places out there looking; Just present yourself well, and stay ahead of the game. Take a resume to every single job you apply for...it seriously helps more than you might think.

Your life, is YOUR life! I tell this to anyone who usually seeks advice from other people. It's nice to get other peoples inputs on certain situations, but at the end of the day you need to make the decision that YOU feel is the right one...and it could be wrong...but it will have been YOUR decision, YOUR mistake, & YOUR learning experience. I guess my point being is this; Do things because that's what YOU want and that's what YOU feel is right...not because someone else thinks it's the right thing for you. Other people don't know you as well as you know yourself...and they most likely never will. Above all else, if you truly believe you're at rock bottom...then the only place to go is up. ^^ Hope that helps somewhat.

Mystil
Oct 24, 2013, 11:44 AM
i just remember that kroger was nicer about it, when i was working there, they told me to stay inside till after the storm was over. now if it was just wind and rain, i still went out and collected carts.

Yeah thats how we do it. Now if its Wal-Mart, they'll probably toss you.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 24, 2013, 01:17 PM
Honestly, most of the employment horror stories I ever hear are from Wal-mart.

Somehow that place is a magnet to d-bag/lazy managers and supervisors especially. That is the one thing I always hear from a wal-mart horror story specifically.

Tried a temp-agency?