PDA

View Full Version : The purpose of your time in PSO2

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 09:02 AM
I'm curious about this game, but I'm not sure what to think, so I'm wondering:

Why do you log on to PSO2 every day, week, or however frequently you do? What do you come here for?

Kilich
Aug 31, 2013, 09:05 AM
World peace.

Angelic Fae
Aug 31, 2013, 09:06 AM
Well I dunno about everyone else but I play it for entertainment. That's kinda why we play video games right. Work hard during the day, play hard during the night. The cycle of maintaining sanity in a crazy, crazy world.

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 09:10 AM
Sure, sure, entertainment is pretty standard. But why this, over everything else? Take some unusual game like Dark Souls, people can play it for the sense of accomplishment when they beat something hard, for instance.

How about this game?

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 09:11 AM
World peace.

Me too, but only as a secondary thing.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 31, 2013, 09:13 AM
To grow the Photon Tree. Dassit.

Punisher106
Aug 31, 2013, 09:14 AM
I play it because I'm very fond of the Phantasy Star series. Ever since PSO, it's been very unique, in terms of MMO gameplay, in which you fight monsters using real-time combat, not to mention the sci-fi genre of the game. Despite being notorious for reskins, some bosses are very interesting, from Vol Opt to Big Varder. PSO2, specifically, feels more real-time than any other game before it. Probably because of the jumping mechanic and the improved dodging ability. Despite being littered with RNG, it's still fun. Look at it this way, guys, if this game was truly RNG: The game, we'd still have misses, even if our weapons landed a direct hit on an enemy. Think about that for a second.

Kondibon
Aug 31, 2013, 09:54 AM
To dress up my wifus.

In all seriousness sometimes I just like to log on, and beat up some crap. I stopped worrying about leveling when I hit 49 on Braver.

strikerhunter
Aug 31, 2013, 10:01 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]My Reasons:
1. Entertainment
2. Nothing I play has PSO2's gameplay
3. Try to beat the RNG and laugh at Dudu.
4. So lonely.....
5. Because I can.[/SPOILER-BOX]
1. I don't play just one game, I play multiple games to keep the entertainment fresh.

Rosel
Aug 31, 2013, 10:20 AM
Most people only log in to ogle their female characters.

The game itself is very, very, very poor quality and the entire operation is a big scam. The host company does not care about making the game better at all. You're better off skipping this one.

In regard to your Dark Souls mention, this game has zero difficulty. In fact (tested), you can solo every boss with your eyes closed.

The entire game is played on repeat from level 1+. At cap level you'll be fighting the same monsters and AI that you fought the day you started the game. It's just the numbers that are bigger.

So, you'll be spamming these ridiculously easy and simplistic monsters which offer no excitement or challenge, endlessly (if you can keep yourself from falling asleep) until you get the .00000001% item drop, which doesn't even really have good stats. Oh, and you probably won't ever get it.

I would probably recommend any other game besides PSO2. Try Vindictus, Dragon Nest, or TERA (all superior games) for this type of gameplay.

ReaperTheAbsol
Aug 31, 2013, 10:30 AM
I just play it just to play it. There's no real rhyme or reason behind it either. I've been pushing the game gradually away because real life priorities are my focus, so yeah. It's just there for me mess with at my convenience.

Korazenn
Aug 31, 2013, 10:31 AM
1. Because I've played Phantasy Star games since the age of three-years-old, with the very first Phantasy Star being the first game I ever played...period. The only ones I never got the chance to play were PSIV, PSU, PSP/2/i.
2. I have a lot of friends that I like to play with, and we do more than just simply play the game---we have fun. It feels great to wind down with Phantasy Star Online 2 after a long day of work or college. :)
3. Due to my hectic and finicky schedule, and the fact that I'm at that point in life where you have to start thinking about your future beyond just video games, gaming itself has taken a backseat in my life. While I still play the occasional game on the side (Bayonetta and Sonic Unleashed at the moment), Phantasy Star Online 2 is the only one I 'actively' play everyday.
4. Checking out the Player Shops religiously for new deals or just simply messing about in My Room to wind down.
5. Them Premium benefits, yo.

Ezodagrom
Aug 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
I have alot of goals in PSO2, so i have yet to become bored of the game, despite already having a few thousand hours in the game.
Some of my goals include recording videos (at first I was trying to record all arks quests and free fields, but that was too much for me, so now I just record quests that end in mini bosses or bosses), keeping my lobby actions collection complete, watching story scenes (story chapters, matterboard scenes, blue event tablet scenes), completing most client orders (COs that require specific classes that I don't use in specific characters are ignored though, for example, when I'm using my hunter, I ignore COs that require force), and sometimes I just log-in to chat with team, or even just taking pictures.

Renette
Aug 31, 2013, 10:41 AM
I log on everyday to get FUN, nowadays. Plus, there's this login prize thing going on and I want all of it. I've accumulated lots of accessory Tickets and room items, and I just want to sell them all. I would get Premium, but I'm in between jobs at the moment. If I had the money, I'd pay for it in a heartbeat. So, now I just fiend over the FUN Scratch.

I think I'm developing a gambling habit... But all I want is a Shop Pass. ;-;

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 10:49 AM
In regard to your Dark Souls mention, this game has zero difficulty. In fact (tested), you can solo every boss with your eyes closed.

The point was just to give an example people might be able to relate to, and the idea with Dark Souls was accomplishing difficult goals. If it's really difficult or not is a discussion I'm not really interested in.

-snip-
I would probably recommend any other game besides PSO2. Try Vindictus, Dragon Nest, or TERA (all superior games) for this type of gameplay.
Why are you around if it's an awful game to you and there are good alternatives?

Looks like most people who have posted so far aren't really into it for the actual combat.

Shinamori
Aug 31, 2013, 10:50 AM

Hmm, are they F2P? And heard TERA was terrible.

Anyway, I play because I like the PSO series. That, and I have nothing else to do all day.

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 10:53 AM

The game itself is very, very, very poor quality and the entire operation is a big scam. The host company does not care about making the game better at all. You're better off skipping this one.

The entire game is played on repeat from level 1+. At cap level you'll be fighting the same monsters and AI that you fought the day you started the game. It's just the numbers that are bigger.

So, you'll be spamming these ridiculously easy and simplistic monsters which offer no excitement or challenge, endlessly (if you can keep yourself from falling asleep) until you get the .00000001% item drop, which doesn't even really have good stats. Oh, and you probably won't ever get it.

Only in your doujins son I understand your ass is burnt out doh. Also many games fall under the same rules as far as the repeat factor goes mmo's aren't supposed to have everything already added and handed to you, they release the content bit by bit to keep it fresh and keep the players wanting more.

Yeah PSO2 has some screw ups here and there and a lot of the drip feeding it does can aggravate most but hey that's how PSO2 is rolling ...for now.

As for me I play it because I love th PSO series from way back then and until now true I don't see some things that remind me of the PSO i knew and loved back then, but I know Sega can do better so its why I continue to play.

My other interest include improving my characters, hunting for rares(yeah right) daily log in TA's and TO's and challenging myself with solo's on bosses and many other things etc.

And me combat wise well there is a reason I love melee Braver is the best thing that has ever came to PSO2 imo.

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Hmm, are they F2P? And heard TERA was terrible.

Anyway, I play because I like the PSO series. That, and I have nothing else to do all day.

Yes, they're F2P with optional paid items.

Various decisions about servers on TERA are poor so the economy, PvP, etc suffers some. Most moves root you in place. Other than that it's considered the go-to option for this sort of gameplay for most people.

Why do you like the series?

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 10:59 AM
My other interest include improving my characters, hunting for rares(yeah right) daily log in TA's and TO's and challenging myself with solo's on bosses and many other things etc.

And me combat wise well there is a reason I love melee Braver is the best thing that has ever came to PSO2 imo.

Have you played any similar titles you'd choose your melee Braver combat over?

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 11:07 AM
Have you played any similar titles you'd choose your melee Braver combat over?

TBH honest no in PSU I loved Fight master and Protranzer, but with PSO2 and Braver's game play and PA skills it wouldn't deter me at all from playing Braver. If I could still play the old school titles I would play them for the nostalgia

Rosel
Aug 31, 2013, 11:08 AM
The point was just to give an example people might be able to relate to, and the idea with Dark Souls was accomplishing difficult goals. If it's really difficult or not is a discussion I'm not really interested in.

Why are you around if it's an awful game to you and there are good alternatives?

Looks like most people who have posted so far aren't really into it for the actual combat.

I meant that PSO2 has no difficulty.

I'm not playing PSO2 anymore, I was just browsing. It's quite honestly a blemish on the Phantasy Star series.

You are right that nobody plays this game for combat. For one, even if the combat had potential, the monsters are all too easy and the AI is pants on head retarded.

99% of the skills/"Photon Arts" in this game are useless, so for each weapon you just spam its one best skill over and over. There is absolutely no need to mix it up or get creative, in fact if you try to be creative you will be gimped. Because of stuff like this, the combat (which had potential) sucks incredibly.

Again, if you want good gameplay, don't play this. People play it for the character customization/fashion... and even that is not very good IMO. Character costumes are just one piece things with limited colors and the only way to customize is through small accessories. Most players using female characters select the same face type.

Korazenn
Aug 31, 2013, 11:09 AM
I have alot of goals in PSO2, so i have yet to become bored of the game, despite already having a few thousand hours in the game.
Some of my goals include recording videos (at first I was trying to record all arks quests and free fields, but that was too much for me, so now I just record quests that end in mini bosses or bosses), keeping my lobby actions collection complete, watching story scenes (story chapters, matterboard scenes, blue event tablet scenes), completing most client orders (COs that require specific classes that I don't use in specific characters are ignored though, for example, when I'm using my hunter, I ignore COs that require force), and sometimes I just log-in to chat with team, or even just taking pictures.

Same here, especially when it comes to handling COs. Only difference is that I haven't started recording videos yet. :P

I log on everyday to get FUN, nowadays. Plus, there's this login prize thing going on and I want all of it. I've accumulated lots of accessory Tickets and room items, and I just want to sell them all. I would get Premium, but I'm in between jobs at the moment. If I had the money, I'd pay for it in a heartbeat. So, now I just fiend over the FUN Scratch.

I think I'm developing a gambling habit... But all I want is a Shop Pass. ;-;

The FUN benefits are great to have there, especially if you are a Premium member that logs on daily. Just logging on is enough to receive them, and if you strike gold in the FUN Scratch, then you can flip that in the Player Shops for really good profit.

Renette
Aug 31, 2013, 11:09 AM

Actually, I prefer PSO2's combat system over any other MMO. It feels comfortable and sound. Even more so on a controller. Vindictus has a similar combat system, but I found it to be clunky. Also, Vindictus isn't my cup of tea. No Female Ranger/Archer, no dice for me.

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 11:12 AM
Also, Vindictus isn't my cup of tea. No Female Ranger/Archer, no dice for me.

Dem Gender locked classes~!

Kilich
Aug 31, 2013, 11:14 AM
Seriously speaking, I think that PSO2 is one of the best MMOs, that do not need KSSN that is. I like the aesthetics, I like the setting and I like my character.
But the main reason would be combat system. And main gripe would be that they don't expand it fast enough.

Renette
Aug 31, 2013, 11:16 AM
Dem Gender locked classes~!

Hnnng. You have no idea how much that frustrates me. People used to rave about that game. I never seen the point of gender-locked classes. I guess it serves for story purposes, but the story usually comes out kinda weak in an MMORPG.

Z-0
Aug 31, 2013, 11:22 AM
The combat system and the dungeon crawler-esque kinda thing is probably the only reason I play this game. I don't care about the many scratches that come every 2 weeks (I stopped following them months ago because it's the same repeated crap in every other game), and I'm just here hoping the game improves and SEGA shift their update focus on improving how the game plays.

Iamawalrus
Aug 31, 2013, 11:36 AM
The combat system and the dungeon crawler-esque kinda thing is probably the only reason I play this game. I don't care about the many scratches that come every 2 weeks (I stopped following them months ago because it's the same repeated crap in every other game), and I'm just here hoping the game improves and SEGA shift their update focus on improving how the game plays.

You don't like the other options with similar gameplay?

Z-0
Aug 31, 2013, 11:44 AM
There are other options with similar gameplay? :\

I feel like PSO2 is the only game in its "genre", so to speak, which is the reason I'm here and not elsewhere. I've tried other "action-RPGs" but their gameplay feels much slower-paced and not necessarily as "deep" (kind of, maybe, PSO2 isn't really "deep" but I'm not sure how to describe), which puts me back here.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2013, 11:50 AM
I am an unachieving neckbeard and I have literally nothing better to do with my time.

Shinamori
Aug 31, 2013, 11:51 AM
My purpose is mainly AQing, EQing and MPAing. Hell, I stopped leveling my second character. I don't do TAs, much because they kind of bore me.

Nikoshae
Aug 31, 2013, 11:57 AM
Because I like the series, and it lets me play a character I enjoy looking at. I enjoy playing male characters, but so many other games have horrible customization for males...

Afin
Aug 31, 2013, 12:47 PM
i enjoy the game and it's mechanics. i'm enjoying the story so far and I love PS games in general
the graphics look great to me (dont really understand why i read sometimes people downing them)
pso2 overall caters to what i look for in an online game

A little boy with his bare thighs exposed?

The PSO2 community, ladies and gentlemen. (no offense)

hey, these pants are stylish!

AgemFrostMage
Aug 31, 2013, 01:30 PM
Only TA's and emergency quests lately.

Skyly HUmar
Aug 31, 2013, 01:33 PM
I like the fun gameplay, and whether you like it or not dont say its easy untill you beat every boss as a melee class without taking damage and without using stances and PAs.

pkemr4
Aug 31, 2013, 01:39 PM
1. TA's
2. AQ's
3. EQ's
4. getting the 11* Guild milla
5. getting gunner to 60
6. getting hunter to 50+
7. friends

Nikoshae
Aug 31, 2013, 01:57 PM
A little boy with his bare thighs exposed?

The PSO2 community, ladies and gentlemen. (no offense)

I'm not quite sure how not to take offense to that, but eh ... I get really tired of playing games where the male characters are big, buff monkeymen. Sometimes I like the idea of playing a kid that does really great things. There's nothing wrong with that.

Besides, we all have our own opinions and tastes. I can't fathom playing a little loli girl, and yet there they all are. To each their own :)

Also, my thighs are fabulous.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2013, 02:20 PM
Also, my thighs are fabulous.

Seconding.

A PSO2 with fewer lolis and more shotas is a PSO2 I want to play.

Shirokami
Aug 31, 2013, 02:45 PM
I'm curious about this game, but I'm not sure what to think, so I'm wondering:

Why do you log on to PSO2 every day, week, or however frequently you do? What do you come here for?

Invading planets and consuming their resources while annihilating all their native life makes me feel more human than ever.

Railkune
Aug 31, 2013, 03:04 PM
I guess just to fight the bosses. I don't really get the story as much which, surprisingly, drove me in PSO. Now-a-days it's just messing around and seeing if I can go through the Free-Roams without taking damage.

Cyclon
Aug 31, 2013, 03:59 PM
Vindictus

superior
Tastes. Probably. Otherwise idk.
Freaken' Vindictus...

I play because I love the gameplay. I also seem to have grown pretty attached to my character, so dressing up yada yada.
But yeah, it's just a... very fun game, to me, with some aspects that I enjoy quite a lot even after all this time.
Also as a pretty passionate anti-conformist, my time on this forum with all these people telling me more or less directly that I should stop playing has probably fuelled me with enough wish to play for ten yearsWINKWINK

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 31, 2013, 04:01 PM
Because I have nothing to play until the 20th

RadiantLegend
Aug 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
Login -> x pass -> TACO -> Feed Mag. Done.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2013, 04:18 PM
The part of this thread that recommended vindictus, tera and dragon nest made me lol. Those games aren't even half as good as PSO2.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 31, 2013, 04:20 PM
Most MMOs suck

Come at me

Arkanoid
Aug 31, 2013, 04:23 PM
Remember when PSO 1 was very easy in groups and had instant mates + revives and extremely broken weapons?

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2013, 04:24 PM
Most MMOs suck

Come at me

the only ones I like are the PS series and monster hunter :D

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2013, 04:25 PM
Remember when PSO 1 was very easy in groups and had instant mates + revives and extremely broken weapons?

ya right PSO 1 was sooooo hard..........ok maybe I'm lieing alittle

Arkanoid
Aug 31, 2013, 04:28 PM
But Lumpen Thingy pso2 is a blight on the series, it's so easy you could actually beat it with your tongue.

Narrillnezzurh
Aug 31, 2013, 04:28 PM
Most MMOs suck

Come at me

This, unfortunately. PSO2's combat system is by far one of the slickest on the market right now, and it's a shame SEGA has to mar such an awesome combat system with nonsensical microtransactions, shitty AI, and RNG-based character advancement

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 31, 2013, 04:29 PM
But Lumpen Thingy pso2 is a blight on the series, it's so easy you could actually beat it with your tongue.
lmfao oh you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7LztCEpA4

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2013, 04:34 PM

hm, he has a point, there are things in pso2 that i want to beat with my tongue

SallySalSal
Aug 31, 2013, 04:40 PM
Sounds kinda kinky.

Chdata
Aug 31, 2013, 04:41 PM
To learn triple dashing or greater.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 31, 2013, 05:19 PM
I'm all out of gum.

Dnd
Aug 31, 2013, 05:55 PM
To spend as much time as possible with mai waifu horo, naturally~

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 31, 2013, 05:56 PM
To spend as much time as possible with mai waifu horo, naturally~

<3

Korazenn
Aug 31, 2013, 05:56 PM
This, unfortunately. PSO2's combat system is by far one of the slickest on the market right now, and it's a shame SEGA has to mar such an awesome combat system with nonsensical microtransactions...

Did you expect not to have to fork out a single cent over the game? I mean, you do know their servers don't magically run by themselves, right?

I still would have preferred just paying the full price for the game and paying a monthly fee for online, to be honest, but Phantasy Star Online 2 shows how an Online ARPG can easily take advantage of a F2P model. The only thing you really need to put down money towards in the game is Premium, which is ~$15 USD a month. That's worth it considering this is a free-to-play game to begin with and you don't need to have that active at all times at all.

Most people amass a ton of items they want to sell in Player Shops, get Premium, sell off all their rares and trade in a 10* weapon for a 10* Trading Pass. Then, when their Premium is over, they don't bother with it again until they feel like it.

It's not a Pay-to-Win game, generally speaking. You could still get to the max level without paying a single cent.

The only part of the game that annoys me to no end with AC purchases is that MAGs are not free and do not act as items that can be transferred between characters. Due to the F2P mechanic, player trading between friends exclusively isn't even allowed either unless both make use of Premium, join the same team, and use the Team Storage. To me, these are the two primary stumbling blocks of the game when it comes to AC. :/

supersonix9
Aug 31, 2013, 05:57 PM

opposite day came early this year apparently

Amaranthus
Aug 31, 2013, 08:15 PM
Imo this game lacks structure... too bad the combat system had a lot of potential too. Would make a ton of difference if they actually made support classes important. They could start by fixing the status effects and making it actually troublesome like paralysis in PSO1, cause let's face it, as it is the only status effect that is a bit troublesome is poison, and i can only say that recently because a lot of monsters on coast has poison. Otherwise, poison isnt so much of a big deal. There's confusion too but it only affects movement, would be great if we can accidentally attack allies since its "confusion" and all... And I feel the rest of the status effects are just there for show... PA/Tech levels dont have that much of difference, they only differ in numbers. Heck i dont even get why anti has multiple levels. (also as a suggestion i would like silence as a status effect, gg.)

As for what i do on pso2 these days I just play to collect fashion stuff that i like and every LA there is while waiting for my equipment to get outdated.

The host company does not care about making the game better at all.

I think they care so much that they're listening to a lot of people's complaints/suggestion and making the game better easier.. thus making a lot of people who worked hard for those things quit. (e.g. armor nerf, element grind nerf)

Inazuma
Aug 31, 2013, 11:01 PM
Despite all of its many flaws, PSO2 is my favorite game. My goal is to become the best Force.

GuardianGirth
Aug 31, 2013, 11:40 PM
This game has probably some of the smoothest, fastest combat ever made. There just needs to be more variance between the classes as a whole as well as some skills getting a serious advance in power or range. Hopefully that will come in time.

And most people can say this game is too easy, but even in parties, everyone still dies. No one is good enough to play this game without ever dying, at least not yet..

...and im a borderline egomaniac when it comes to that aspect.

HIT0SHI
Sep 1, 2013, 01:29 AM
1 ) To get money via T.A.C.O.s to be ready for anything that i might like on the constant bombardment of content updates.

2 ) Have enough money to grind any rares that I've been able hunt and get.

3 ) The combat in this game is by far the smoothest and fastest in comparison to other MMOs that I've played. Seriously standing in front of an enemy hitting the same button with the same generic swing is NOT fun.

4 ) Being able to play Golf with my Launcher.

5 ) Using my Launcher as a Flamethrower.

6 ) Being able to use my Launcher as a jet-pack propelling forward at an incredible speed while smacking everything standing in my way making myself literally as the Rape Train.

7 ) Obliterating EVERYTHING that stands in my way.

8 ) Creating Symbol Arts and seeing it being used by other players.

9 ) Being able to be Gladiator Robot with guns.

10 ) Being able to dress up as a Cute chicken to dry hump air.

11 ) Photon Chair jumping.

12 ) Photon chair races.

.Jack
Sep 1, 2013, 01:38 AM
It's a waste of time/enjoyable activity for me. A hobby I suppose.

MegaMettaurX
Sep 1, 2013, 02:16 AM
I asked myself this question right after EP2 came out and couldn't find an answer so I stopped playing.

Ouranos
Sep 1, 2013, 02:51 AM
I'm just starting on building my characters and gears for high lvl play. So it's basically tas, aqs, and eqs.

And World Peace.

Valimer
Sep 1, 2013, 03:40 AM
I am not willing to pay real money for my weapon so I will kill Zeshrayda until I finally find my procyon. I've gotten every other drop Zesh has to offer, including the talis.. twice.

I will not stop until all the Zeshrayda are extinct.

Xaelouse
Sep 1, 2013, 07:10 AM

I think people are over-exaggerating the difficulty of this game, especially since you can beat every boss in Dark Souls at an extremely low soul-level by just using Pyromancy without much effort.
It sounds like you were playing Force.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 1, 2013, 09:05 AM

People are entitled to their opinions and it's okay not to like something. Some points:

1.I don't like how most characters are female either especially since it is mostly men playing. Although I have seen some very cute characters and have many screenshots of them, even some panty shots ^_^

Where am I? Oh yes, I remember, people have the freedom to make another gender character and they use it.

2.Bosses at first are very hard. The game assumes you have much better equipment, so it takes longer than normal. You die, a lot. The vol dragon normal is the first wall I had, then I overcome it. Desert, tundra, and tunnels were much easier, and ruins was another wall, but not as big. There are things to learn: strategic position, avoiding commitment while waiting for commitment, so timing the release correct even if no damage so you can dodge out of a big attack, breakables, etc.

3.I found a windmill wand and a twin machine gun, still have windmill but is wind with no abilities =( My hammer is +9 anyway and bought a silica roses, also grinded to 9. So the farming thing will drop if you go long enough. Stats are great, but if I find a 650+ TATK 10 star I'm not upgrading since the upgrade from silica roses to the ruins advance quest wand isn't worth it, but the upgrade from the elder rod to silica roses was.

4.Can Tera be played with a controller? Doesn't look playable without one (like PSO2 and DCUO).

5.No excitement? Have you ever fought the big cats or quartz dragon? I sometimes sweat especially in quartz dragon and dragon ex fights they are very aggressive. Mantis darkers are also dangerous must watch all around the player. Must rafoie since it's a guaranteed hit, but still not strong compared to nafoie or safoie. If you need to destroy baize in darker den then nagrantz to inflict panic, they all fight each other, then you nafoie down the baize. Oh, speaking of darker den the ship can kill you and has missiles and the clone can kill you before Falz gets a turn.

Narrillnezzurh
Sep 1, 2013, 12:30 PM
Did you expect not to have to fork out a single cent over the game? I mean, you do know their servers don't magically run by themselves, right?

I'm actually a proponent of the microtransaction model, I just think the way SEGA implemented it is terrible. Paying for your second character? Paying for mags when one is very obviously not sufficient (and not at all forgiving to new players)? Paying for skill tree resets? Paying for trading? These are all things that would get a western MMO downright laughed at if they were so much as suggested, let alone implemented.

Again, I'm fine with microtransactions, just don't nickle and dime me on things that are important to gameplay. Anything and everything related to gameplay should either be purchasable with an exorbitant meseta cost or be tradable.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 1, 2013, 12:40 PM
Wrong forum =)

Aussei
Sep 1, 2013, 12:41 PM
Ahhh.... This is a good question. I could be playing other games but my heart lies in PSO2. I can't put my heart into other MMOs like I do with the Phantasy Star series. It satisfies my creative side even the older ones.

I'm also sticking around for the journey. Wtf is SEGA going to do next? PSO2 is a baby.

And remember, not everyone's definition of "fun" is the same. We are all individuals, so my opinion is no more relevant than anyone else's. But I really, really, really hate MMOs where I have to push the 1 2 3 4 F1 F2 F3 F4 Ctrl+F4 etc buttons to use my skills.... Even TERA still has that. I also think it's easier to make friends on PSO2 than on TERA. Dragon's Nest comes close but I hate that I'm forced to be one specific character. Love Aion for its character creation and armor design but hate the skill bar.

I wish i could just mash all those games together to create one ultimate game.... Open-world action adventure, character creation crazy as fuck, crazy classes and skills, instances.... Ahhh.....

Oh well for now I'ma enjoy muhh PSO2.... u_u

AgemFrostMage
Sep 1, 2013, 12:46 PM
Ahhh.... This is a good question. I could be playing other games but my heart lies in PSO2. I can't put my heart into other MMOs like I do with the Phantasy Star series. It satisfies my creative side even the older ones.

I'm also sticking around for the journey. Wtf is SEGA going to do next? PSO2 is a baby.

And remember, not everyone's definition of "fun" is the same. We are all individuals, so my opinion is no more relevant than anyone else's. But I really, really, really hate MMOs where I have to push the 1 2 3 4 F1 F2 F3 F4 Ctrl+F4 etc buttons to use my skills.... Even TERA still has that. I also think it's easier to make friends on PSO2 than on TERA. Dragon's Nest comes close but I hate that I'm forced to be one specific character. Love Aion for its character creation and armor design but hate the skill bar.

I wish i could just mash all those games together to create one ultimate game.... Open-world action adventure, character creation crazy as fuck, crazy classes and skills, instances.... Ahhh.....

Oh well for now I'ma enjoy muhh PSO2.... u_u

If you do that you do it wrong =)

Use mouse to move, rebind A to basic attack (hemorrhage for rogues, arcane blast or ice lance for mages for example), W to secondary important attack (backstab, spell with short cooldown), D for utility, etc. Basically homerow and anything in vicinity you want for important things while 1 is a stretch for the pinky and should be stuff on long cool down like cloak of shadows or mage armor.

Problem with arrow/WASD controls is it's only the cardinal directions so is slow and inefficient.

Ezodagrom
Sep 1, 2013, 12:48 PM
I'm actually a proponent of the microtransaction model, I just think the way SEGA implemented it is terrible. Paying for your second character? Paying for mags when one is very obviously not sufficient (and not at all forgiving to new players)? Paying for skill tree resets? Paying for trading? These are all things that would get a western MMO downright laughed at if they were so much as suggested, let alone implemented.
About the character slots and skill trees, currently we have access to 2 character slots for free and SEGA now offers skill tree reset passes when they make changes to the skill trees.

Jungo Torii
Sep 1, 2013, 12:49 PM
My one and only purpose is to dance. Usually while afk.

That and talk to people every so often (mostly teammates, but occasionally a few people from here).

Narrillnezzurh
Sep 1, 2013, 01:00 PM
About the character slots and skill trees, currently we have access to 2 character slots for free and SEGA now offers skill tree reset passes when they make changes to the skill trees.

The second character slot should have been there from the start, and while it's certainly great that SEGA offers skill tree resets (and boatloads of them), players shouldn't be reliant on handouts to experiment with skill trees.

Problem with arrow/WASD controls is it's only the cardinal directions so is slow and inefficient.

It's as good as any other form of input if you can mouselook properly, and the ability to strafe puts it ahead of mouse movement for most games. Even using the WASD keys to move, you have 11 keys and three modifiers within easy reach of your left hand.

Zenobia
Sep 1, 2013, 01:21 PM

Again, I'm fine with microtransactions, just don't nickle and dime me on things that are important to gameplay. Anything and everything related to gameplay should either be purchasable with an exorbitant meseta cost or be tradable.

Then uninstall PSO2 don't play the game ever again simple.

Or don't buy from them at all and become a free loader.