PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Whats fueling the desire for meseta?

FacelessRed
Aug 31, 2013, 05:31 PM
Seriously.

Let's say you have maxed equipment, and even if you don't the amount of money required (randomly) can be insignificant to the amount of money you can actually gain.

So what are the top tiers doing that makes them need meseta? What drives the Meseta economy?

Some sort of special content that requires an entrance fee? Otherwise I don't totally understand why Meseta has real value. I guess the Middle-tier players like myself are the ones who currently require it, but thats to buy from higher tier players or players with more luck. and once they use that money to gear up, aren't they, kind of disconnected from the market?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 31, 2013, 05:34 PM
You'll understand when you're older.

Korazenn
Aug 31, 2013, 05:37 PM
So what are the top tiers doing that makes them need meseta? What drives the Meseta economy?

Player Shops.

supersonix9
Aug 31, 2013, 05:55 PM
gotta make bank

Ezodagrom
Aug 31, 2013, 05:56 PM
I'm collecting lobby actions, so every few weeks I have to spend a few millions due to new lobby actions in scratches... ^^;

Railkune
Aug 31, 2013, 06:23 PM
To dress my characters up. There is no other reason, for me.

Z-0
Aug 31, 2013, 06:24 PM
The value of it to me is having money to get better equipment later on, or just having it to... have it I guess lol.

KazukiQZ
Aug 31, 2013, 06:36 PM
Better start saving for something you may want in the future :3

SakoHaruo
Aug 31, 2013, 06:37 PM
better gear. seeing JP players in the lobby with 5 slot gear makes me.... want to learn the art of affixing >_>

I mean, I know how to add the typical 3 slot stuff, that's easy. but, I need some more training before I waste +40mil on gear.

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2013, 06:41 PM
Really, there doesn't seem to be enough meseta to go around. Grinding is expensive, and even more so if you're interested in latents. There's always more affixing to do. And it seems to get exponentially more expensive the more slots your armor has. Then there's clothing and (more expensively) accessories and animations to buy. I really have to cherry pick what I buy now. There's always something to spend meseta on.

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 07:11 PM
better gear. seeing JP players in the lobby with 5 slot gear makes me.... want to learn the art of affixing >_>

I mean, I know how to add the typical 3 slot stuff, that's easy. but, I need some more training before I waste +40mil on gear.

The thing about that is that when you really look at it you really don't need all that, 3 slots is good enough unless you really want to be that try hard and go all out then sure.

For me its the fact in" You can never have to much mesetas".

Now excuse me while I go and abuse mestatan~<3

NoiseHERO
Aug 31, 2013, 07:17 PM
armor/weapons for/from super VH

Gama
Aug 31, 2013, 07:19 PM
._. i was saving for sato. now tht i got it. im saving for equipment, clothes and more clothes.

Renette
Aug 31, 2013, 07:28 PM
I'm currently aiming for a Rappy Mag. Kind of kicking myself for not going for it in the first place.

Amaranthus
Aug 31, 2013, 07:35 PM
Doudou. He's the ruler of the universe. He's the one who can save us all!

But srsly, he's one major money-sink (http://www.wowwiki.com/Money-sink) in this game, w/o him meseta is worthless.

FoMarlBorough
Aug 31, 2013, 07:45 PM
I rolled Yellowbose on PSO BB.
Old habits and all that...

Crystal_Shard
Aug 31, 2013, 07:57 PM
I'm currently aiming for a Rappy Mag. Kind of kicking myself for not going for it in the first place.

Isn't the mag cell still in the AC item recycle shop?

SakoHaruo
Aug 31, 2013, 08:04 PM
The thing about that is that when you really look at it you really don't need all that, 3 slots is good enough unless you really want to be that try hard and go all out then sure.

For me its the fact in" You can never have to much mesetas".

Now excuse me while I go and abuse mestatan~<3

ha, I've seen three of them in one AQ run. pop that Tri Boost fast as hell o3o

I do agree that 3 slot is enough and only people with hella meseta to spend go all out on the gear. then, after wasting all that meseta, they sell it and do it all over again. The gear I have atm is fine for all game content, just that it isn't want my dream gear. I want mah dream gear @_@

gonna take some time, though. I can't stop wasting my munnies on other shit, and I still need Elder Pain.

Railkune
Aug 31, 2013, 08:04 PM
I guess I should add that I do on occasion buy things I get too lazy to farm for.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Aug 31, 2013, 08:15 PM
My current gear is all 4 slotted. I buy all the lobby actions and some clothes and accesories (only the ones I actually like).

Right now i'm stockpiling on meseta for when SH mode comes out. I'm planning on having 5 slot equipment. Waiting for my red ardillo <3

4 slots looks kinda scrubby now since everyone has it ^^;

Code-red
Aug 31, 2013, 08:15 PM
getting the head part tickets since even the newest ones are at least 1,100,000 meseta. Along with parts that need for my second CAST character.

The Walrus
Aug 31, 2013, 08:19 PM
I need to save up for things to make me look more kawaiidesuuguu

Renette
Aug 31, 2013, 08:23 PM
Isn't the mag cell still in the AC item recycle shop?

Yes, but I don't have 20 AC items to recycle. So, the next best thing is to save up 1.8mil ~ 2mil meseta.

Zenobia
Aug 31, 2013, 09:05 PM
ha, I've seen three of them in one AQ run. pop that Tri Boost fast as hell o3o

I do agree that 3 slot is enough and only people with hella meseta to spend go all out on the gear. then, after wasting all that meseta, they sell it and do it all over again. The gear I have atm is fine for all game content, just that it isn't want my dream gear. I want mah dream gear @_@

gonna take some time, though. I can't stop wasting my munnies on other shit, and I still need Elder Pain.

I've seen like 8 of her in 1 entire day of AQ spamming.

Inazuma
Aug 31, 2013, 11:03 PM
Even if you have every costume and piece of equipment you want, the game is constantly being updated with better stuff, so you need to save up meseta so you can be prepared for the future.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Sep 1, 2013, 09:13 AM
Such a drive can be explained by one word: Phasion.

Zipzo
Sep 1, 2013, 10:02 AM
Is this a trick question? Do you ask rich people why they need more money too?

Zysets
Sep 1, 2013, 10:05 AM
As people have said, I am driven for the need to be in style and sogay daysoo

Shinamori
Sep 1, 2013, 10:19 AM
Making meseta is sort of hard if you don't have a my shop. You can do TACOs, but most people who does than only do VH. Normal is easy to do. Hard is too, but is slower.

jooozek
Sep 1, 2013, 10:27 AM
aside of the lobby actions which are account wide nothing really
at least nothing worth the time spent getting the meseta :-?

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 1, 2013, 11:27 AM
The need to be the very best, like no one ever was.

KazukiQZ
Sep 1, 2013, 04:28 PM
^LOL
Besides, more meseta is never a bad thing :D

Link1275
Sep 1, 2013, 08:15 PM
"What's fueling the desire for meseta?"

It's simple. The lack of any player-to-player trading system that is easily accessible to everyone means that there is no bartering currency in PSO2, unlike how Photon Drops were the accepted currency for any transaction that didn't involve super-uber rares in PSO1.