PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas/help regarding english patch.

GuardianGirth
Sep 2, 2013, 05:46 PM
My friend has the latest patch and everything downloaded like myself and anyone else in my team but every time she tried to extract the english patch to her Win_32 folder, it still doesnt change anything. I Cant think of any reason why it isn't take effect so if anyone has any ideas, i'm open to them.

NightSun
Sep 2, 2013, 06:17 PM
Is it her first time playing (and/or using the English patch)?
If not the the only other thing I can think of is make sure she is extracting it into the right win32. Seems like something silly, but it can happen. The pre-patch added another one.

Korazenn
Sep 2, 2013, 07:29 PM
My friend has the latest patch and everything downloaded like myself and anyone else in my team but every time she tried to extract the english patch to her Win_32 folder, it still doesnt change anything. I Cant think of any reason why it isn't take effect so if anyone has any ideas, i'm open to them.

AIDA's PSO2 Tweaker would definitely help out with your friend's situation: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

If you use that program, your friend can enable all of the currently available EN patches to the game for the English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch/Item Translation Patch. All of it is done very seamlessly and makes the process of updating this content go by much faster when new updates are made available.

After the download for PSO2 Tweaker (to install the English Patch), all you need to do is make sure that the program exists within its own separate folder other than placing it on your desktop as the program creates several files that are necessary for it to run properly within the same file directory. When you open it, Tweaker will prompt you to locate the win32 folder for PSO2. After selecting that, it will ask you to check for PSO2 updates. As your friend's PSO2 is working, all that needs to be done there is to select 'Yes' at that dialog box.

Then, go to the Orb > Install/Update Patches > English Patch > Wait for it to finish installing. > Launch PSO2. Your friend should be good to go then. :)

GuardianGirth
Sep 2, 2013, 11:50 PM
So she got the tweaker and had the game update her shit. Apparently now when she tried loading up pso it said: "oh something went wrong would you like to send us what went wrong with your download so that we can fix it in the future".

It should be noted that she uses windows 8, not sure if thats the problem. Other than that I really cant imagine whats causing it.