PDA

View Full Version : What's broken and how would you fix it?

Chdata
Sep 2, 2013, 08:08 PM
Post your ideas here.

I'll list off things I've thought of or have read recently.

I hit a lot on force because I play it the most so far.

1. Game difficulty.

The game is easy even at endgame. A good party can kill bosses in 10 seconds. It's easy to dodge almost everything in MPA. You can almost instantly kill anything in MPA.

Solution?

- Introduce a mode where enemies levels are 110% or +5 or +10 of the party leader's level.

If the party leader is 60, enemies will be level 66, or 65, or 10. If the leader is level 100, enemies will be 110, or 105, or 110.

Not only will it be harder to survive, but you won't have these 10 second boss kills either. This should be offset by offering some sort of good reward that's also nothing too good in the case of players farming this mode.

Doing this might also make tank/mob distract builds more viable!

- Make monsters more aggressive. Many people have suggested this before.

- Introduce more attacks that can "capture" players. Before Aculpus got nerfed, they were extremely nasty to have a swarm of them chasing you because of how aggresive and fast they were at spinning at you.

More importantly, as long as you are simply constantly moving left or right the only time you get hit by things is if you accidentally run into its attack.

We need something that anticipates this kind of thing better. Chrome dragon's red diamond attack? Make it scatter a little, be a little less accurate!

2. Techer isn't much of a support class.

- Make Shifta critical and deband cut's effects apply to other players as well. Perhaps give shifta a % damage bonus.

- As Meowwutts mentioned in another thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3034116&postcount=99), make territory burst increase the time that the techs last. I've been thinking the exact same thing recently, actually.

- I'd like to see a DoT spell or skill. Essentially, the damage bonus is low at first, but after using it for an extended period of time it becomes a really good boost. This would be more important if SEGA can introduce boss fights that take an extended period of time and not 10 seconds.

3. Megiverse < Resta

- Make megiverse leach health, by damaging enemies inside of it, while still giving the bonus effect to players inside of it. Essentially, make it into a hybrid of an AoE and a support tech. Or, make it only an AoE.

4. Ice skill tree is useless.

- I think ice should be much more solid than it is, without having to put skillpoints into its solidity.

- http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212741

- An ice spell that summons a 10 second physical barrier around you, like Megaman's leaf shield, but in a ring around you like Monocero's PB. Maybe more than 10 seconds because that'd be really short, but yeah. Or a skill.

If casted from a Talis, it can essentially trap enemies inside of it. Upon enemy collision, it damages them and stutters them like Nagrants does.

- An "ice nafoie". It's not as powerful per se on a direct hit, and infact you get more out of it by letting it hit the ground. After it hits the ground, a ice bear-trap appears on the floor and any enemy that steps over it is instantly frozen. Very high freeze rate, not as much damage. Heck, don't even make it something you "toss" like nafoie. Make it a circle that appears instantly on the ground wherever you cast it, sort of like the Bow PA Torrential arrow.

- I really think we just need more universally useful ice spells. No one complains about Zan or other wind techs. It'll hard to compare to lightning with endless casting or fire with such fast casting, but hey. Did I mention that Sabarta is stupid. Misses so often.

5. Game needs more modes!

- Endurance mode! Start vs level 1 enemies, climb to level 60+ enemies, to bosses, to multiple bosses.... The farther you get, the more reward!

- "VS enemies greater than the party leader's level mode" as mentioned above.

6. Tank trees are useless!

In my opinion, the game needs to become harder first or something. Or a harder mode needs to appear. We need something where it's viable or even important for a player to take the attention of many mobs or a boss, and their damage.

7. There isn't enough ranged or tech based enemies.

Luda sorcerer was a step in the right direction. We need more things that shoot or cast spells frequently. More than that, they have to tricky to dodge.

8. Enemies are too easy

- Make it so we can't razan the bigger enemies so easily. They're supposed to be big and tanky for a reason.

9. There aren't many weapons compared to other PSU games!

- Make weapons from subclass available as well. Other than that, introduce more weapons. Some people have mentioned things like guns or swords that do tech based damage for techers for example. Things like a Photonslash/Tech slash or Techgun.

I personally want to see

Ranger >> Miniguns
Gunner >> Shotguns.

As I mentioned in another thread: (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3025141&postcount=17)

Miniguns for ranger sounds so fitting ;o;

Offering snail-pace movement while revved up, but high damage!

Shotguns for gunner, their gear doubles the effect of zero range advance on them. Builds on point blank shots (or zero range shots?). Builds faster than TMG and drains slowly over time while not attacking. Does more damage the closer you are because it has a wide spread, making it bad for anything further than sword distance, and really good for anything closer. Cannot sroll, but shotguns already have a lot of damage on their own. Not a great chain trigger builder, but a viable switch for the finish?

Locks your skill tree I suppose, but at that rate I view it as no different than fire vs lightning in the FO tree. In this case, shotgun vs TMG. Or stance vs stance on Br.

Of course, if it's only one point for the shotgun gear, since a lot of people already put a lot into zero range advance, it'd probably be easy to have both available for you.

Buying Yasminkov 9000S 90m

10. Skill trees are restrictive and most force you into one universally best build.

Mostly dependent on the skill tree. Ra and Hu is a huge problem here for example. Hu could be solved by harder game modes. But Ra, those traps are just too eh for being used anywhere at all.

11. Monetary gain

- Really, just boost the gain from selling random drops to shops again. It was both unnecessary and restrictive to change that. Before I stopped playing for half a year, I was really looking forward to the "maxed level 40 content" and the floating continent (which was the last area) where you get 1k meseta per drop.

12. Meseta linked to character, and not playerID, while AC and FUN are.

- Make meseta linked to player ID. We can already just transfer it through our storage, so why this hurdle?

13. Aerial advance on gunner should apply when the gunner is in the air ;p Not when the enemy is.

14. Whenever there's an Emergency Quest or otherwise, a bar appears at the top of the screen, which also blocks the icon for Party/Friend/Team invites.

- Their remedy is to have you press tab... when you could just move the invite box lower.

Darki
Sep 2, 2013, 08:35 PM
Regarding monster dificulty, I would say that a somewhat conceptually simple solution would be to scale monster toughness based on the number of players in a certain area.

The problem here is that, unlike more common MMOs where bosses and monsters might require a shit-ton of players to kill due to the areas not being instance-based, here with the cap of 12 players, every member counts a lot and there's more emphasis on solo playing. Here it's possible to solo any boss, even with not too decent equipment, even if you need a lot of time (compare to elite player) the possibilities of succeeding are much more realistic than bosses in those other MMOs where soloing some of them results pretty much in your death under 5 seconds no matter what you do, and if you don't die you'd take hours to kill it.

The easiest way (in my opinion) to achieve a balance, where soloing is still a realistic possibility, but multi-partying doesn't make enemies die even before they complete their spawning animation, would be to have enemies get stronger the more players are in the area. Give all enemies a constant buff that increases their health by X% where X depends on the number of players. Considering that most enemies take little time to deal with even soloing, this boost could be significant, for example it could be even +80% for every player. The idea would be that the more people in the party, the easier it gets, but not 12 times as easy, which is what we got now. Other stats could receive a minor boost.

Another issue that makes monsters too easy, is the fact that they can be flinched very easily, and when there are 2+ players at it, it already gets very easy. A flinch resistance increase could help, but I think the best solution would be to give every monster an attack (or attacks) that are entirely "un-flinchable". This attack will be triggered by chance everytime the monster gets flinched, and this chance of activation will get higher the more players in the area. This way, when there are 12 players hitting an enemy it will most likely use this "emergency attack" more often to protect itself.

Zenobia
Sep 2, 2013, 08:51 PM
The enemies need to atk faster as well.

Need to up dat AI status

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 08:52 PM
My list:

1. Make bosses for every area that only appears in random Duel Codes rather than the boss room.

2. Revamp hunter tank tree to something like -x% damage instead of increasing S/R/T Def.
No damage set back for photon sakes!!!!!!

3. Fix skill trees: Move some skills around, lower some requirements, lower/raise the amount of SP needed to spent for full potential but make it worthwhile to rank it halfway.

4. Intelligent/smarter AIs. Heard that Wolg use to have a killer AI then it got nerfed.

5. For photon sakes, add more new enemies every area when a new area/mode is added in. Seriously from time-to-time I gets boring to fight mobs that I would just rush to the boss.

6. Take the pinning system from monster hunter and add it into PSO2 and make it vicous, this will make mobs/bosses more interesting. No not like the Gilnas' body grab or Bear's bigfoot hold, but like a grapple that holds you and has a meter in-which you have buttonsmash to get out of it or you'll take more damage.

7. Remove Moon Atomzier or limit it to only FOs and TEs.

Edit: Dnd spot my mistake, meant to say Moon not star.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 2, 2013, 09:01 PM
God so much... to say on this, but im sure what i have will be said later so lets just go with this one lol.

Forces are still too strong for the amount of safety that the class has to offer. The way i would fix it is by taking out some of it's damage multipliers and replacing them with skills that damage enemies near enemies that are hit. For example, if you use rafoi on an oodan, other enemies X distance away will receive a portion of the total damage the oodan got hit with (amount of damage will depend on how many sp you have in the skill and im thinking 30% is fair).

This way forces would be majorly toned down in a boss fight, but they would be the top mob dispatchers, they could eliminate groups faster than ever, and the class retains it's purpose.

There's probably a flaw in there somewhere lol, but imo it looks good on paper.

GALEFORCE
Sep 2, 2013, 09:09 PM
Umm. Forces need toning DOWN against bosses?

Dnd
Sep 2, 2013, 09:10 PM
1. Make bosses for every area that only appears in random Duel Codes rather than the boss room.

4. Intelligent/smarter AIs. Heard that Wolg use to have a killer AI then it got nerfed.

7. Remove Star Atomzier or limit it to only FOs and TEs.

1) they already have had this and still have it, imo its stupid - The haze drall units, only appear due to this method and what do you know? they are 40mill a piece at least, for the hunter version of agrani or king vardha units? want a haze drall weapon? good luck have fun for the next 5 years.

4) Alot of things have had this problem, the quartz dragon in hard before it was nerfed was a right pain to take down - the only place you can find this level of boss AI now-days is in AQ's

7) I'm sorry but I personally find this retarded, why limit the already very limited group heal every class can use to only people with resta and megiverse. As Fi/Hu I find even 5 very limiting during AQ's - yes its up to the person to keep themselves healed I guess but I still like to be a tiny bit supportive. Also although its not much of a problem now, back when you had no immunity to damage when being ressed throwing a star after a moon saved you in most cases having to use another moon - I Still do this out of habit however.

The thing i'd love to see change is the game adding more then just stat changes to mobs, AI update for everything that doesnt involve chain flinching you to death or just flat-out one shotting you to be 'difficult' would be a nice change

Skyly HUmar
Sep 2, 2013, 09:21 PM
Umm. Forces need toning DOWN against bosses?

No matter how "weak" some people think forces are there's no denying that they have the highest amount of safety in the game. And believe me, i know may forces that can destroy any boss other than elder in a few minutes. One of them was able to pull off falz arm from the limited quest with less than 1:30 on the timer solo. Thats still too strong for the lack of danger that they have. But dont look at the negative, think about what you'd be getting.

If you zan a large mob they wouldnt just take damage from zan, the new skill would damage them all as well, each hit from the tech on each enemy would hit all of the others. And they would still be solid at bosses because of their ability to survive.

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 09:32 PM
1) they already have had this and still have it, imo its stupid - The haze drall units, only appear due to this method and what do you know? they are 40mill a piece at least, for the hunter version of agrani or king vardha units? want a haze drall weapon? good luck have fun for the next 5 years.

4) Alot of things have had this problem, the quartz dragon in hard before it was nerfed was a right pain to take down - the only place you can find this level of boss AI now-days is in AQ's

7) I'm sorry but I personally find this retarded, why limit the already very limited group heal every class can use to only people with resta and megiverse. As Fi/Hu I find even 5 very limiting during AQ's - yes its up to the person to keep themselves healed I guess but I still like to be a tiny bit supportive. Also although its not much of a problem now, back when you had no immunity to damage when being ressed throwing a star after a moon saved you in most cases having to use another moon - I Still do this out of habit however.

The thing i'd love to see change is the game adding more then just stat changes to mobs, AI update for everything that doesnt involve chain flinching you to death or just flat-out one shotting you to be 'difficult' would be a nice change

1. Chrome is just one and Haze is just another. What I meant is a exclusive boss tied to that planet alone but it's appearance rate in duel codes higher than the others that appears at boss rooms.

4. True, but most of the nerfs are far too much nerfing. Keep where the mob/boss is aggressive but isn't broken like Quartz. Aculpus is one example.
Wolg was once hard and now he's a rtard. Only bosses I find still challenging is soloing Banther (banshee far too easy) and Chrome.

7. Did I say star? Holy *&#% I did lol I meant Moons ^^;

Faylen
Sep 2, 2013, 09:40 PM
Sheathing Animations. Bravers isn't bad but every other class needs a fix. (Yes I am this OCD)

EvilMag
Sep 2, 2013, 09:42 PM
Drop rates.

Make them better.

Sirius-91
Sep 2, 2013, 09:43 PM

The hell is wrong with you? Why take out the only means of reviving someone?
The thing you want back is a tech based revive such as Reverser.

GALEFORCE
Sep 2, 2013, 09:48 PM
No matter how "weak" some people think forces are there's no denying that they have the highest amount of safety in the game. And believe me, i know may forces that can destroy any boss other than elder in a few minutes. One of them was able to pull off falz arm from the limited quest with less than 1:30 on the timer solo. Thats still too strong for the lack of danger that they have. But dont look at the negative, think about what you'd be getting.

If you zan a large mob they wouldnt just take damage from zan, the new skill would damage them all as well, each hit on each enemy would hit all of the others. And they would still be solid at bosses because of their ability to survive.

I don't think you have enough experience as a force at end game if you think they are strong against bosses. Plus, the last thing they need is more crowd control. They have arguably the best in the game already. What they need is a more consistent source of high single target damage output. I'd say probably more than half of the existing techs need some reworking or tweaking to make them viable options compared to fire/zonde/dark.

The "safety" they have comes at the cost of having the lowest hp in the game and generally lower damage output.

While on the topic of fo and te.. I know this was probably thrown around a lot already, but we need some of those garbage roadblock skills removed. The ice tree is plagued by them, as is pretty much the entire techer tree. Those status effect boosting skills need to be additive. Shifta/Deband need to have the charge/pulse system removed, and the effects need to take into account gear and affixes to make /Te a viable subclass for anything but force.

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 09:52 PM
The hell is wrong with you? Why take out the only means of reviving someone?
The thing you want back is a tech based revive such as Reverser.

With a total of 20 rez per party and 60 for full MPA, death is something that you do not worry bout in the game. Limiting rez will get players to become more aware of to not die as much.

Also, my suggestion was to lower their number limit or limit it to FOs or TEs only, therefore not removing them completely.

Chdata
Sep 2, 2013, 09:58 PM
I've seen people suggest one moon per person.

AlaskanKactus
Sep 2, 2013, 10:09 PM

- Endurance mode! Start vs level 1 enemies, climb to level 60+ enemies, to bosses, to multiple bosses.... The farther you get, the more reward!

- "VS enemies greater than the party leader's level mode" as mentioned above.

Agreed.

-Ultimate needs to be added. The mobs must be more aggressive and must be 5-10 levels higher than the party leader (great idea).

-Permanent MPA (ex. Border Break). This really kept the game fresh for me when it was around. I never really felt bored during the quest because the enemies were practically on random.

-Maybe a mode that encourages the player to take risks. Upon accepting the quest, you would have to pay meseta. The more the player chooses to pay, the higher chance the player would encounter rare enemies. This mode would also keep enemy levels 5-10 higher than the player.

Also, the environments need to play a larger role in quests and areas. This would make areas more memorable and unique. For example, Ruins has those towers that cast +/- techs. Ideas for new areas?
-Swamp area on Naberius. Constant fog and ranged enemies.
-Frozen Caverns on Naberius. Labyrinth style maps, ice that can cause the player to fall down (leaving the open for hits from enemies).
-The acid rain that is currently in the game need to be put into new areas as a regular weather effect. That rain can be deadly depending on what you're fighting.

EDIT: Rifles need to be improved because they're pretty much worthless except for Weak Bullet and Sneak Shooter...I guess. There is almost no point in using them as an actual weapon.

That's all that I can think of right now.

Lostbob117
Sep 2, 2013, 10:21 PM
Most of the randomness.

If I could -- I would make it a lot less random.

When I say this I mean the grinding, weapon drops, etc.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 2, 2013, 10:42 PM
I don't think you have enough experience as a force at end game if you think they are strong against bosses. Plus, the last thing they need is more crowd control. They have arguably the best in the game already. What they need is a more consistent source of high single target damage output. I'd say probably more than half of the existing techs need some reworking or tweaking to make them viable options compared to fire/zonde/dark.

The "safety" they have comes at the cost of having the lowest hp in the game and generally lower damage output.

While on the topic of fo and te.. I know this was probably thrown around a lot already, but we need some of those garbage roadblock skills removed. The ice tree is plagued by them, as is pretty much the entire techer tree. Those status effect boosting skills need to be additive. Shifta/Deband need to have the charge/pulse system removed, and the effects need to take into account gear and affixes to make /Te a viable subclass for anything but force.

Maybe you just dont have enough experience at being a force to see how strong they are at bosses. Ill admit the 40 cap was a while back so i cant say i know the class inside and out anymore, but id like to see anyone do that falz arm under 1:30 alone on any class and say it was easy. With how great my team leader plays it and how quick he takes care of enemies and bosses despite me doing almost double what he does per hit just makes me doubt that the class is as weak as youre making it out to be.

And that is the point, to make them even better at what theyre good at and nerf another part, that way the class is different than the rest, it serves a purpose, and its not just the "easymode" everyone knows it to be.

NightSun
Sep 2, 2013, 11:00 PM
@Alaskan My opinion, but almost everything you said is already in the game.

Free Fields are permanent MPAs. More or less it's the same thing, you run around with a group killing monsters/bosses and do e-trials.
BB had an event feel to it, so of course it would have that affect.
Honestly though I spammed it to the moon and back, and I'm happy it's gone.

AQs and EQs are risk missions. You basically pay money to get into them, and they can be seen as more of a challenge.

Environments already have an affect on gameplay and are unique. Forest has storms, caves have the flame pop-up thing and path blocks, desert has stand storms and tornadoes, etc etc etc...

I do agree with ultimate mode though, do want.

Again this is just my opinion, so personally I don't see much that can be done.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2013, 11:27 PM

No, wait, I see it now...roll with me on this, we knock Stars down to 2 a person, Moons to 1 a person and give Techers a skill that gives charged Resta a percent chance to revive someone who's incapacitated. Make it a five SP skill that starts at 5% and goes to 25%. If I recall correctly, Resta has 3-4 ticks when it's cast after charging, right? Make it so it only applies to the first tick. Put that on top of tougher enemies, and the game is just a bit more punishing, and Support is made a bit more important.

Drop rates.

Make them better.

Most of the randomness.

If I could -- I would make it a lot less random.

When I say this I mean the grinding, weapon drops, etc.

These two are almost universally wanted. :lol:

Chdata
Sep 2, 2013, 11:29 PM
Agreed.

-Ultimate needs to be added. The mobs must be more aggressive and must be 5-10 levels higher than the party leader (great idea).

-Permanent MPA (ex. Border Break). This really kept the game fresh for me when it was around. I never really felt bored during the quest because the enemies were practically on random.

-Maybe a mode that encourages the player to take risks. Upon accepting the quest, you would have to pay meseta. The more the player chooses to pay, the higher chance the player would encounter rare enemies. This mode would also keep enemy levels 5-10 higher than the player.

Also, the environments need to play a larger role in quests and areas. This would make areas more memorable and unique. For example, Ruins has those towers that cast +/- techs. Ideas for new areas?
-Swamp area on Naberius. Constant fog and ranged enemies.
-Frozen Caverns on Naberius. Labyrinth style maps, ice that can cause the player to fall down (leaving the open for hits from enemies).
-The acid rain that is currently in the game need to be put into new areas as a regular weather effect. That rain can be deadly depending on what you're fighting.

EDIT: Rifles need to be improved because they're pretty much worthless except for Weak Bullet and Sneak Shooter...I guess. There is almost no point in using them as an actual weapon.

That's all that I can think of right now.

I thought of seeing Blob/Slime enemies appearing, and a friend of mines mentioned that that might even be coming soon because PSO or some other game had them and PSO2 is already working to bring enemies and stuff from older games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDykebtqiVw

I would so love to see these. I don't care if they're annoying and multiply forever or some thing, slime is cute!

I brought this type of enemy up when I was talking about possible new Vopar areas. My idea was a huge underwater cave, that's all blue and shiny and watery with waterfalls inside of it.

My friend also mentioned that they used to have areas like that or something.

I'd like to see earth spells.

Link1275
Sep 2, 2013, 11:33 PM
Exp requirements. A lot of people don't notice this, but as I've spent most of my time on PSO2 raising new characters for some reason or another, I've come to notice that you need way too much exp for getting to 60. The reason why this has happened is that Sega has been just throwing the exp reqs up higher and higher without adjusting the old exp reqs. If they continue at this rate you'll soon be needing over 1 billion exp per level. It took me a week to get Ranger to 30 with the boosts, there is something just wrong with that. Back when 30 was the cap I wouldn't mind that, but now that we're up to 60 and almost to 70 they need to start lowering some of the reqs down in the lower levels.

Grinding, simple boost the rates permanently.

Rares, same as grinding except by a bigger percent.

Remove random maps. I don't care if they keep map layouts from getting boring, because the scenery does get boring. Having the same map layout never really seemed to make it boring in the past games, so I don't see why it would here. Keep enemy spawns random though.

Darki
Sep 2, 2013, 11:35 PM
I agree with Skyly HUmar, in that classes in this game are too "universal". While in many other games, classes are heavily specialized, with some builds not even able to deal damage (typical tank/support builds in other MMOs), in PS series it appears that people demand their characters to be able to do everything: if you're a support Techer, you also gotta do good damage, you're useless as a tank HU unless your DPS is top-tier, etc.

A game in which each class have a more specific role, for example tech classes being the AOE sweepers/support, ranged classes being burst damage, while melee classes are the sustained 1vs1 DPS dealers, would sound more interesting to me. It would also give more shine to hybrid classes, since it would mae more useful to combine two of these roles and get some use of being versatile. Since now all classes can do pretty much everything, hybrids are pointless in this regard.

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 11:36 PM
No, wait, I see it now...roll with me on this, we knock Stars down to 2 a person, Moons to 1 a person and give Techers a skill that gives charged Resta a percent chance to revive someone who's incapacitated. Make it a five SP skill that starts at 5% and goes to 25%. If I recall correctly, Resta has 3-4 ticks when it's cast after charging, right? Make it so it only applies to the first tick. Put that on top of tougher enemies, and the game is just a bit more punishing, and Support is made a bit more important.

Bingo, this is really what I was targeting for.

I'd like to see earth spells.

Most likely to come in a new FO class or advance braver class.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 2, 2013, 11:41 PM
Bingo, this is really what I was targeting for.

Teamwork! High Five! o/\o

Zenobia
Sep 2, 2013, 11:41 PM

^Why can't I have this whyyyy....I would solo the shit outta this.

strikerhunter
Sep 2, 2013, 11:59 PM
^Why can't I have this whyyyy....I would solo the shit outta this.

Didn't PSP2/PSP2i had something like this in multiplayer?

Teamwork! High Five! o/\o

*High Fives* o/\o
And here some popcorn for the future.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 3, 2013, 12:02 AM
*High Fives* o/\o
And here some popcorn for the future.

Oo-rah. -w- *goes back to lurkering for the time being.*

yoshiblue
Sep 3, 2013, 12:04 AM
Would be interesting to have solo side story missions. Also, this game needs team story missions. Cutscenes with all your favorite people in them!

Chdata
Sep 3, 2013, 12:06 AM
Exp requirements. A lot of people don't notice this, but as I've spent most of my time on PSO2 raising new characters for some reason or another, I've come to notice that you need way too much exp for getting to 60. The reason why this has happened is that Sega has been just throwing the exp reqs up higher and higher without adjusting the old exp reqs. If they continue at this rate you'll soon be needing over 1 billion exp per level. It took me a week to get Ranger to 30 with the boosts, there is something just wrong with that. Back when 30 was the cap I wouldn't mind that, but now that we're up to 60 and almost to 70 they need to start lowering some of the reqs down in the lower levels.

Grinding, simple boost the rates permanently.

Rares, same as grinding except by a bigger percent.

Remove random maps. I don't care if they keep map layouts from getting boring, because the scenery does get boring. Having the same map layout never really seemed to make it boring in the past games, so I don't see why it would here. Keep enemy spawns random though.

1.4m exp to level isn't much at all. That'd take like three AQs to get with a good team. I went 50-52 techer in just 3 (2m xp).

Of course, at lower levels, it's harder to grind EXP unless you have a team that does MPAs.

However, as the level cap rises, they may have to change the EXP rates I agree.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%B4%AF%E7%A9%8D%E7%B5%8C%E9%A8%93%E5% 80%A4

40-50 sees a huge jump and then it tapers off again, they'd just have to fix that jump if they raise the cap more and more. And remember, with higher levels, means you'll get higher EXP per hour to offset that.

Also be glad it isn't Runescape Dungeoneering...

http://forum.tip.it/topic/264586-dungeoneering-exp-table/

This doesn't even show level 1-98. And at low levels, it's almost as slow as leveling at higher levels. Just at higher levels it does get even slower.

Also, adding a possible revive to resta would be silly, even if it's super duper rare or super common.

Zenobia
Sep 3, 2013, 12:10 AM
Believe so can't remember been ages sense I played PSP2 AND PSP2I,

I forgot what they were called think they were called Maximum Attacks missions but it was a dlc and you could solo them I did was bad ass too it was one of the few places where you could get 15* weps as well and 16* star in the infinity missions was pretty damn hard and cool at the same time.

BlueCast Boy
Sep 3, 2013, 12:27 AM
Do you think Additional Bullet needs slightly decrease on its damage output on enemies weakpoint, its really an OP mob killer.

Gama
Sep 3, 2013, 12:43 AM
"looks"
1-add diferent walking/runing/standing animations for characters.
2-add a decent graphics options menu, so you can controll all aspects of the game.
"gameplay"
1-give better range to resta or make territory burst afect it, same goes for anti.

2-make a res tech. hp regen?

3-make megiverse usefull, leach hp?

4- make all classes compatible, so if you want to make a FI/te youre not punished for it.

NightSun
Sep 3, 2013, 01:01 AM
1-give better range to resta or make territory burst afect it, same goes for anti.

2-make a res tech. hp regen?

3-make megiverse usefull, leach hp?
These would be nice. Being a support Force has always been my favorite, sadly it's somewhat limited in this game.
Would be cool if they brought Giresta back for a res tech.

GALEFORCE
Sep 3, 2013, 03:06 AM
Maybe you just dont have enough experience at being a force to see how strong they are at bosses. Ill admit the 40 cap was a while back so i cant say i know the class inside and out anymore, but id like to see anyone do that falz arm under 1:30 alone on any class and say it was easy. With how great my team leader plays it and how quick he takes care of enemies and bosses despite me doing almost double what he does per hit just makes me doubt that the class is as weak as youre making it out to be.

And that is the point, to make them even better at what theyre good at and nerf another part, that way the class is different than the rest, it serves a purpose, and its not just the "easymode" everyone knows it to be.

I want to see that falz arm run. I cannot possibly imagine how a force of any kind can get that kind of time.

Arada
Sep 3, 2013, 04:52 AM
- Distribute the Extreme Pass automatically with FUN points everyday upon logging in.

- Fix all aspects of the Weapon Lab (affix, attribute grind, grind). The percentages are just wrong for opening new affix slots. The chances of grinding weapons are also a bit too hard. Attribute Grind is being fixed in the next update ;)

- Make a mission setup for players who wish to have more difficulty. What I mean is if you want to play a mission on VH for instance, then you get the "casual" VH where enemies are as they currently are and you also have a "hardcore" VH where enemies are smarter, stronger and offer more challenge overall. It wouldn't make the enemies' level higher or the drops better. It would just make the same mission harder. This way, if you want challenge, then go for it.

- Increase the drop rates. With the 50%/100% boosts of this week, the game felt like it was "right" in terms of drops.

- Some skills need to be revised. TE's Extend Assist is just a bad skill as currently implemented for instance.

- Make traps stronger/useful.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 3, 2013, 05:02 AM
God so much... to say on this, but im sure what i have will be said later so lets just go with this one lol.

Forces are still too strong for the amount of safety that the class has to offer. The way i would fix it is by taking out some of it's damage multipliers and replacing them with skills that damage enemies near enemies that are hit. For example, if you use rafoi on an oodan, other enemies X distance away will receive a portion of the total damage the oodan got hit with (amount of damage will depend on how many sp you have in the skill and im thinking 30% is fair).

This way forces would be majorly toned down in a boss fight, but they would be the top mob dispatchers, they could eliminate groups faster than ever, and the class retains it's purpose.

There's probably a flaw in there somewhere lol, but imo it looks good on paper.

Excuse me? I have a +9 of one of the best 10 star rods in the game and it still takes two or three hits to kill a 50 gulf with rafoie.

The problem with this "solution" is if there's only one enemy the usefulness will be lowered too much and things would take way longer to kill.

Agreed and I'll also add something:

The long dodge force has? The moment you stop the enemy will go into its next attack so you don't have the time to get in some in between damage. I'm thinking of cats jumping back and forth, force dodges, dodge stops, and cat starts attacking again, no time to attack so you dodge again. Can't even clip through enemies to reach breakables or weakpoints faster either, WTF? =(

Yeah I don't like having to put into resta advance, poison boost, freeze ignition or photon flare either. Photon flare has potential to be good but Sega messed it up. Instead of breaking VH Vol Dragon in two hits with namegid, I break it in two hits with it! Wait a minute... -_-

I think they nerfed Vol's AI while we're at it I remember him more aggressive before. Maybe the only thing that changed was my big power boost since then and learning his tells. He can still be tough depending on the environment though you can be running towards the camera (bad idea to take your eyes off boss even when running away for positioning), get blocked by an obstacle, and be run over by his fire breath but it rarely happens to me.

Syklo
Sep 3, 2013, 05:26 AM
I'm seeing lots of complaining about the difficulty in this game, so I'd like to say this:

I DON'T WANT THE DIFFICULTY TO BE SUPER-BUFFED (at this point, because casual player), ESPECIALLY IF IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO ACQUIRE PARTICULAR ITEMS

So let me ask you this:
What if you had the option (like the no-partners-allowed option) in party settings that acts as a difficulty modifier, but for (nearly) no extra benefit? No extra exp, no extra drops, no extra items (or rather, being able to access higher tier drop ranges, earlier, because of the level boost)

jooozek
Sep 3, 2013, 06:31 AM
no matter how someone shits themselves, if you don't add any additional rewards to new difficulty/challenges no one will do those outside of people who play stuff like time attacks aka niche activities
waste of time

Kilich
Sep 3, 2013, 06:56 AM
Ctrl + F status effect
3 results, two of which quote one post.

I think that damage of most things should be toned down, to make room for status effects. You could even give chase like skills to others.
That'll increase the amount of loops you'll have to jump through, but RA and FO might remember that they have debuffs. And it'll might even help them grow out of WB Dispenser and AQ spawn camper roles.
It'll also help diversify Fi builds and make status effect weapon abilities more popular.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 3, 2013, 09:46 AM
I want to see that falz arm run. I cannot possibly imagine how a force of any kind can get that kind of time.

Ill ask him to record it.

Excuse me? I have a +9 of one of the best 10 star rods in the game and it still takes two or three hits to kill a 50 gulf with rafoie.

The problem with this "solution" is if there's only one enemy the usefulness will be lowered too much and things would take way longer to kill.

What are your units like?

And like i said theres probably a hole or two in my idea, im just throwing it out there. Lets be honest though, theres hardly ever any situation where only one thing spawns.

Rien
Sep 3, 2013, 10:15 AM
Exchange 99 Extreme Passes for "Permanent Pass", allowing you to enter anytime.

Huzzah, now you can just keep running.

Link1275
Sep 3, 2013, 10:22 AM
1.4m exp to level isn't much at all. That'd take like three AQs to get with a good team. I went 50-52 techer in just 3 (2m xp).

Of course, at lower levels, it's harder to grind EXP unless you have a team that does MPAs.

However, as the level cap rises, they may have to change the EXP rates I agree.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%B4%AF%E7%A9%8D%E7%B5%8C%E9%A8%93%E5% 80%A4

40-50 sees a huge jump and then it tapers off again, they'd just have to fix that jump if they raise the cap more and more. And remember, with higher levels, means you'll get higher EXP per hour to offset that.

Also be glad it isn't Runescape Dungeoneering...

http://forum.tip.it/topic/264586-dungeoneering-exp-table/

This doesn't even show level 1-98. And at low levels, it's almost as slow as leveling at higher levels. Just at higher levels it does get even slower.

Also, adding a possible revive to resta would be silly, even if it's super duper rare or super common.

I'm mostly thinking about when you're in hard and normal and need 60,000 exp to get to your next level and can't find an MPA anywhere. However going onward from 60 the exp is going to need some actual scaling rather than just multiplying the previous amount by some number. What they need to do is keep the rate of growth on the amount of exp needed from becoming steeper than it already is.

If you were to plot out the exp requirements for every level on a grid you would see that the exp needed to level has been growing at a very fast rate and will soon reach the point where you need potentially billions of exp per level(probably between 80-90 somewhere). To curb this Sega would have to implement measures to keep the rate of growth of the exp reqs at the same rate.

As for higher difficulties giving more exp, well, VH gives out ~100 exp per enemy. 1,000,000 divided by 100 is 1000 enemies. As the amount gets higher the amount of enemies gets higher potentially reaching millions and billions of enemies.

Moocast
Sep 3, 2013, 11:01 AM
As for higher difficulties giving more exp, well, VH gives out ~100 exp per enemy. 1,000,000 divided by 100 is 10000 enemies. As the amount gets higher the amount of enemies gets higher potentially reaching millions and billions of enemies.

Fortunately, when you get to AQs the amount of EXP per enemy gets higher but it still isn't exactly an enjoyable experience. Throw in the fact that you have to level two classes continuously to maximize your build (as the level cap increases) and grinding can get incredibly tedious after awhile. I still have yet to get either of the subclasses on my two mains to 60 because I hate the prospect of leveling a class I'm only using to sub and have little to no intent of actually maining.

Truthfully, I wish they'd change the class system they have now. PSP2's system was a lot better in my opinion and I wish they would have implemented that or a similar system for the game.

NoiseHERO
Sep 3, 2013, 11:06 AM
I literally find something annoying about this game every time I play it, and can think of 10 things this game could do better for every annoying thing I find.

Z-0
Sep 3, 2013, 11:06 AM
The EXP Curve is a mess.

I feel like all I'm doing is levelling on tiny increases, and your EXP gain is proportional to the amount of luck you have (then again what isn't), not how much skill you have or your choice of quest.

Go play Beach Wars on a 75% ticket. You'll get (on average) 100,000 EXP. Because of this EXP curve, 100,000 EXP is complete garbage and you're better just skipping the Emergency entirely.

AQs are also the same, you only get 100,000 EXP on average with a 75% ticket running. However, for AQs, burst strategy (and exit burst) can easily bump that up to 500,000~3,000,000 per run somewhat consistently, but even then, it's all luck. There's times I've done 20 runs of an AQ and not bursted one, and there's times I've had 4-way cross bursts in both areas for 20 runs straight as well.

The jump from 40 onwards was poorly thought out, and needs to be corrected. PSO2 isn't a game where you just grind one class / character like many MMOs (although you can if you want to, of course), but you're persuaded to level more with extra client orders, subclasses, etc.

If I played just one character and one class, I guess I wouldn't care, but PSO2 is about rare hunting and killing shit, not spending your days grinding out levels so you can complete your characters. I would much, much, much rather be capped on everything and working on my cube amount than working on levelling things just because SEGA was incompetent during the 40 cap and didn't give people things to do.

The reason people complained about being capped at level 40 is coz playing after that didn't really do much (although you did make meseta) except EXP FULL and there was no sort of goal to aim for, which is SEGA's fault for not putting in content to last, not the EXP curve's...

Enforcer MKV
Sep 3, 2013, 11:21 AM
I'm seeing lots of complaining about the difficulty in this game, so I'd like to say this:

I DON'T WANT THE DIFFICULTY TO BE SUPER-BUFFED (at this point, because casual player), ESPECIALLY IF IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO ACQUIRE PARTICULAR ITEMS

So let me ask you this:
What if you had the option (like the no-partners-allowed option) in party settings that acts as a difficulty modifier, but for (nearly) no extra benefit? No extra exp, no extra drops, no extra items (or rather, being able to access higher tier drop ranges, earlier, because of the level boost)

I, for one, would be alright with this. At least then everything wouldn't be steamrolled when in a party. [Hopefully]

Though I bet many people would expect something extra. I just want a little bit of challenge when I'm playing with friends.

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 11:44 AM
Drop rates.

Make them better.

Please and thank you. Rather, at least make them easier as more star equipment gets released. Let the new better stuff have an insane drop, and make the older less 'powerful' equipment have a higher drop rate.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 11:48 AM
Please and thank you. Rather, at least make them easier as more star equipment gets released. Let the new better stuff have an insane drop, and make the older less 'powerful' equipment have a higher drop rate.

They do this already via drop table mechanics on higher level enemies.

It's just everything that drops more often is such horrible trash that we vend it for the 600 meseta because nobody would ever even pay 1k for it.

MetalDude
Sep 3, 2013, 12:46 PM
No, you got it wrong.

You tekk it for 2k (4k if you got a really good Mace of Adaman) and sell it for 600 mesesta at a loss.

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
That... well, that sucks. Maybe the worthwhile stuff will be easier to nab later on.

pkemr4
Sep 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
honestly lvling in this game is easy at lvl 40+...... got 38-45 in day just doing white day, beach wars, TACO's on VH and some daily CO's.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 12:49 PM
That... well, that sucks. Maybe the worthwhile stuff will be easier to nab later on.

Yes, when they add Super Hard and all of the new 10*s you find there are 35% stronger with more powerful latents. Also, those new 10*s will be like the 9* weapons of the current game - everything players will actually be hunting will be 11* or higher.

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 12:57 PM
There was a ray of hope in that somewhere, until I read the end. Well, I guess that's how it'll have to be the more the game progresses.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 3, 2013, 01:01 PM
Yes, when they add Super Hard and all of the new 10*s you find there are 35% stronger with more powerful latents. Also, those new 10*s will be like the 9* weapons of the current game - everything players will actually be hunting will be 11* or higher.

But... 11* is even rarer -_- I spend so much money getting my silica roses and volcano hammer up to +9 grinded.

Korazenn
Sep 3, 2013, 01:02 PM
honestly lvling in this game is easy at lvl 40+...... got 38-45 in day just doing white day, beach wars, TACO's on VH and some daily CO's.

Same here, bud! <3

Goodness...I had no idea that in just a week of White Day I'd be boosted from ~Lv. 18-20 all the way to Lv. 47 as of this post, on top of having a Lv. 31 sub in just a week. Talk about absolute insanity...

That said, I feel that it is Lv. 45+ where leveling in this game becomes far easier. On top of participating in MPAs and EQs, most people who first reach Lv. 45 on a character I've noticed also have a sub-class that is decently leveled (anywhere from Lv. 25-30 is the norm) and have their TACOs and AQs unlocked, thus making grinding in-and-of itself a much easier process compared to just relying 'solely' on COs to level you up in the early stages from Lv. 1~30.

isCasted
Sep 3, 2013, 02:11 PM
1) Add collection COs from Dudu/Monica, beating which would increase chance of a succesful 7+ grind of 10* (and rarer) weapons by [insert some huge number] %. Or maybe even some sort of minigame (like Poisoning lessons in HP6).

2) Make better use of Techer class. As it is promoted as more S-ATK-based class than Force, I think Wand should have some sort of PAs that can be combo'ed with Technics.

3) Talises should have R-ATK, which also affects throw speed and distance.

4) Increase damage of most Fighter's PAs by the cost of lowering damage of Deadly Archer by 50%. Same can be applied to some Gu/Ra stuff.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 02:18 PM
anyway I should actually add something I want here

Just one change to grinding: The more grinds a weapon loses, the more likely it will be to succeed, reaching up to 100% success rates. The number of fails required to increase odds would be based on * rarity and grind cost. Cheaper = fewer grinds, lower rarity = fewer grinds.

This will not be adjusted for by protects. Using a +1 protect and going from +9 to +7 will count as losing 3 grind levels, not 2.

Example:
After 20 lost grinds a 1* will always succeed
After 500 lost grinds a 10* will always succeed

May/may not reset after latenting. May require higher caps if it doesn't reset. Just example numbers, adjust to your leisure.

edit: And for affixing, the system should be built around progress to new ranks instead of % chance and loss of a slot upon failure
i.e.
80% to power III = you get power II, full stop
80% of vol soul = part of the bonus offered by vol soul
100% of vol soul = the full bonus

new combo bonuses will be added, such that burn boosts vol and vol boosts burn - some weapons will have innate boosts, and weapon elements will boost their associated souls & SEs (dark for poison, elder soul, gwana soul, wolga soul, persona soul, etc.)

pkemr4
Sep 3, 2013, 02:36 PM
heres my 2cent on grinding :S.

i think they should increase the success rate and reduce the -grind# for 7-10*'s (theres something wrong when even a 7* can fail grind# as much as 10*'s) also they should really nerf the costs for grinding as well....

MetalDude
Sep 3, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'd just rather they get rid of grind drops entirely. I don't care about failing 20 times in a row if it doesn't mean watching in horror as my weapon drops to +2. That's what makes it so agonizing.

Dextro
Sep 3, 2013, 03:07 PM

Ill ask him to record it.

Sorry, my crappy laptop won't allow for recording - the frames drop too low to pull this run off, but here's some screenies?
It's not my quickest run, but I'm not wasting my time retrying to provide evidence for some debate I wasn't even aware I was brought into lol

Anyway, the time was well below 1:30 but I couldn't take a screenshot till after watching the kill cinematic. Plus if you remove about 22secs from the teleporting sequence, it's actually much quicker than that:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s23.postimg.org/58sjt66nv/pso20130903_201642_006.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/4um7pv4p7/pso20130903_204713_012.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

With how great my team leader plays it and how quick he takes care of enemies and bosses despite me doing almost double what he does per hit just makes me doubt that the class is as weak as youre making it out to be.
Aww a compliment, Hanni? You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :-P

Zenobia
Sep 3, 2013, 03:09 PM

You just got burnt!

Dextro good shit.

jooozek
Sep 3, 2013, 03:15 PM
with a 11* rod that gets the free-12%-bonus-in-boss-rooms-because-lol-no-weather it'd be surprising if it was any slower

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 03:16 PM
I'd just rather they get rid of grind drops entirely. I don't care about failing 20 times in a row if it doesn't mean watching in horror as my weapon drops to +2. That's what makes it so agonizing.

You say this now, but I promise you'll change your tune after failing 30 times on a 30% grind.

The problem isn't the average cost, the problem is the lack of long term guarantee. You can grind and grind and grind, burning through 3,000 grinders on one weapon in one sitting, but you're never actually guaranteed success. The odds are in your favor, sure, but they're still just odds. People do get shafted by the slim remaining chance of failure, and that's what should go away.

Keep it expensive, but also keep it consistent.

Shinamori
Sep 3, 2013, 03:19 PM
I'd like to see some changes to advanced and extreme quests.

Advanced Quests:
-Leader can pay for whoever needs the caps to run. This includes the remaining caps a person has.

1st has 10a
2nd has 10a
3rd has 10a
4th has 7a

The leader would only have to pay 13a caps (3 to cover the 4th member who has 7) to start the run. If he chooses to.

For extreme quests, I'd like to see that boosters only work when the clock is ticking.

GALEFORCE
Sep 3, 2013, 03:21 PM
What did you actually do? Zondeel, I assume? The original point was that FO's single target damage is too high. Falz arm is the only boss that takes multiple hits from a single cast of anything. In the end, I'll believe that you managed the time solo, but it doesn't prove forces are great boss killers in general.

Z-0
Sep 3, 2013, 03:24 PM
I should add that both Fighter and Ranger can kill GP Arms a lot faster than that with a darker-spec'd weapon really easily.

I mean, a Ranger can clear the entire quest in under 2 minutes with a Foia Rain no problem.

On the majority of bosses, Force cannot touch how fast both Fighter and Ranger can kill them with probably spec'd equipment, no matter how "good" of a force you are. Also, it's not dangerous as other classes (except Ranger 'coz you gotta go close and you have the greatest dodge in the game if we're killing bosses quickly) if your dodge button is your best friend.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 3, 2013, 03:33 PM
I'd like more accessible maps with the stressfulness of Darker's Den. It's tough and kind of a pain, and I like that.

Anything else I'd mention has already been said. Though I hadn't noticed Quartz Dragon had been nerfed as the same thing that always killed me still does (getting killed by that crystal laser rain when caught with my pants down)

MetalDude
Sep 3, 2013, 03:34 PM
You say this now, but I promise you'll change your tune after failing 30 times on a 30% grind.

The problem isn't the average cost, the problem is the lack of long term guarantee. You can grind and grind and grind, burning through 3,000 grinders on one weapon in one sitting, but you're never actually guaranteed success. The odds are in your favor, sure, but they're still just odds. People do get shafted by the slim remaining chance of failure, and that's what should go away.

Keep it expensive, but also keep it consistent.

Of course, I still agree with this. It'd be a decent start though. But I do wish they'd just overhaul it into what you said just because the system pisses me off so much as a game designer.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 3, 2013, 03:40 PM
Sorry, my crappy laptop won't allow for recording - the frames drop too low to pull this run off, but here's some screenies?
It's not my quickest run, but I'm not wasting my time retrying to provide evidence for some debate I wasn't even aware I was brought into lol

Anyway, the time was well below 1:30 but I couldn't take a screenshot till after watching the kill cinematic. Plus if you remove about 22secs from the teleporting sequence, it's actually much quicker than that:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s23.postimg.org/58sjt66nv/pso20130903_201642_006.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/4um7pv4p7/pso20130903_204713_012.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aww a compliment, Hanni? You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :-P

Thanks lol

What did you actually do? Zondeel, I assume? The original point was that FO's single target damage is too high. Falz arm is the only boss that takes multiple hits from a single cast of anything. In the end, I'll believe that you managed the time solo, but it doesn't prove forces are great boss killers in general.

Dont you get it? Despite having the worst hp in the game and having multiple things attacking him at once, he was safe enough to live and he was able to muster enough dps to finish it that fast. If a force can put out that much in that little time AND still retain all the safety, well, like ive said, it's not the best at bosses, but still too strong. and i offered a solution to that, nothing more.

with a 11* rod that gets the free-12%-bonus-in-boss-rooms-because-lol-no-weather it'd be surprising if it was any slower

He did it with his old rod as well, leader just wanted to show off his shiny new toy ;p

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 03:56 PM
That's actually pretty impressive.

Z-0
Sep 3, 2013, 04:09 PM
The problem is that level 50 is "endgame", despite us being level 60 and having very overpowered equipment.

Against level 60 enemies, it would be a different story.

GALEFORCE
Sep 3, 2013, 04:13 PM
Dont you get it? Despite having the worst hp in the game and having multiple things attacking him at once, he was safe enough to live and he was able to muster enough dps to finish it that fast. If a force can put out that much in that little time AND still retain all the safety, well, like ive said, it's not the best at bosses, but still too strong. and i offered a solution to that, nothing more.

And I'm saying their DPS falls flat nearly everywhere else as is. Falz arm uses force's AoE damage to its advantage, where no other boss does. Also, you're assuming a bit much to say it was easy and safe. A single mistake probably could've gotten him killed. Pertaining to their safety, have you played force much? You have to constantly be on the offensive to even hope to keep up with other classes. If you're playing safe, you're not doing damage.

As to the original point, this game isn't like MMOs where you have specific roles like DPS, healer, tank. Applying that limitation to force, and really only force at the moment, I feel is extremely unfair to them.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 3, 2013, 04:31 PM
And I'm saying their DPS falls flat nearly everywhere else as is. Falz arm uses force's AoE damage to its advantage, where no other boss does. Also, you're assuming a bit much to say it was easy and safe. A single mistake probably could've gotten him killed. Pertaining to their safety, have you played force much? You have to constantly be on the offensive to even hope to keep up with other classes. If you're playing safe, you're not doing damage.

As to the original point, this game isn't like MMOs where you have specific roles like DPS, healer, tank. Applying that limitation to force, and really only force at the moment, I feel is extremely unfair to them.

Whatever, case point, and topic goal met, if you have fun playing your way i guess thats all that matters.

EDIT: and like i said earlier, i have alot more class related things that i consider broken, i just listed 1.

Zenobia
Sep 3, 2013, 04:33 PM

Last time I checked all a FO had to do was stay back and pluck shit off if you're up close then well you're doing it wrong...so if you're that person well its time to stop playing FO period.

jooozek
Sep 3, 2013, 04:39 PM
Last time I checked all a FO had to do was stay back and pluck shit off if you're up close then well you're doing it wrong...so if you're that person well its time to stop playing FO period.

only scrub FOs stay back
trufax
lrn2play

Chdata
Sep 3, 2013, 06:23 PM
I'm mostly thinking about when you're in hard and normal and need 60,000 exp to get to your next level and can't find an MPA anywhere. However going onward from 60 the exp is going to need some actual scaling rather than just multiplying the previous amount by some number. What they need to do is keep the rate of growth on the amount of exp needed from becoming steeper than it already is.

If you were to plot out the exp requirements for every level on a grid you would see that the exp needed to level has been growing at a very fast rate and will soon reach the point where you need potentially billions of exp per level(probably between 80-90 somewhere). To curb this Sega would have to implement measures to keep the rate of growth of the exp reqs at the same rate.

As for higher difficulties giving more exp, well, VH gives out ~100 exp per enemy. 1,000,000 divided by 100 is 1000 enemies. As the amount gets higher the amount of enemies gets higher potentially reaching millions and billions of enemies.

Uh, I just linked you in the quote you posted the graph of the EXP curve.

Like I said, all they'd need to do is change the EXP curve as the raise the bar and raise rewards. Simple math.

However at higher levels I dunno if I'd do it by 'making every enemy drop 5k exp when you're level 100'. Perhaps, release a hard boss [mode] with a gigantic exp drop like 500k.

Especially before namegid, mathematically Fo has had the lowest single target DPS of any class. Some would argue it still does with namegid cause they'd argue namegid is useless. Just because "oh it has the weakest HP doesn't mean it's supposed to actually BE weak".

Why else would you be hearing people say 'finally, FO has better single target options' when namegid was released?

RaHu
http://youtu.be/UG2N2336cg4?t=5m53s

FoTe with namegid
http://youtu.be/TjPAq7Jr7sk?t=6m56s

FoTe before namegid
http://youtu.be/PDIHvy6kMBg?t=8m54s

Due note his description:
Still nowhere near the speed a melee or ranged class could do this run, but considering how many bosses there are and how gimped force is for those compared to those classes this isn't surprising. The weapon certainly pushes force ahead of techer's potential times in this run now by a wide margin though.

It's been like that for a while.

Also note the RaHu did save a lot of time by dashing.

Link1275
Sep 3, 2013, 06:58 PM
Uh, I just linked you in the quote you posted the graph of the EXP curve.

Like I said, all they'd need to do is change the EXP curve as the raise the bar and raise rewards. Simple math.

That's exactly what they need to do, as well as give the graph a better slope % so that it doesn't feel like you're climbing a mountain as much. They also need to increase the exp rewards in Hard and Normal by 50% and 100% respectively to help new players out.

Saffran
Sep 3, 2013, 07:08 PM
Why is your timer reversed ? The timed bosses all start at the max time and deplete. Why do you start at 0 and go up ? Other than that: I for one find that rather impressive.

Someone mentionned drop rates, quite frankly, they were a bit too high this week. I played little, only a few AQs here and there, and each burst netted me 15 to 20 rares - crap rares at that. (well I was playing floating continent so it's my own damn fault I guess).

I think the trees, the abilities, the damage and the equipment requisites need a big revamp. Difficulty needs a boost but that's what Super Hard and higher modes are for, I guess.
Over End needs a revamp, I'm tired of people using it non-stop.
Grinding and affixing need improvements - core improvements.
too tired now, may compile stuffs later this month.

Walkure
Sep 3, 2013, 07:13 PM
Why is your timer reversed ? The timed bosses all start at the max time and deplete. Why do you start at 0 and go up ? Other than that: I for one find that rather impressive.Doing the limited quest instead of the emergency quest. That counts up, like TACOs or client orders in general which requires a certain time for success but doesn't fail the quest with a clear time past that. Any emergency quest or quest with a limited time before automatic quest failure will count down.

Someone mentionned drop rates, quite frankly, they were a bit too high this week. I played little, only a few AQs here and there, and each burst netted me 15 to 20 rares - crap rares at that. (well I was playing floating continent so it's my own damn fault I guess). Nobody cares about crap rares. All about the 10*+ weapons.

Over End needs a revamp, I'm tired of people using it non-stop. It's still popular, but it's waning from new PAs being released.

Grinding and affixing need improvements - core improvements. Partly agree that those are annoying, but they're manageable when done properly.

Chdata
Sep 3, 2013, 07:41 PM
I was playing 38 risk and in one burst got like 15 tenstar rares.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 07:44 PM
It's still popular, but it's waning from new PAs being released.

Yeah, Over End wasn't really overused by that many people, and by that I mean used wrong or where something else would be hands down superior. It was used in all the situations where it fit best...

...Which was almost all of them because the other sword PAs blew goats next to it. It had great damage, great dps, great AOE for a sword PA, instant hyper armor, when JAd it made you ungrabbable, etc. It was better than most of the alternatives.

That's not really the case anymore, so it's not being used as much.

Aussei
Sep 4, 2013, 12:53 AM
Slow down senpai. The game is still a baby. We have no idea what can happen next. Maybe tomorrow the servers will go down forever and Japan sinks into the ocean.

Alisha
Sep 4, 2013, 01:13 AM
the game will never get harder because its f2p

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:00 AM
I literally find something annoying about this game every time I play it, and can think of 10 things this game could do better for every annoying thing I find.

I can think of something broken right now! : D

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2013, 02:01 AM
I'd establish a portion of the team designed specifically to find bugs. So, ya know...they don't have to wait until they're installing the patch to find them.

I'd call them "testers"

Marvelous idea, isn't it?

Skyly HUmar
Sep 4, 2013, 02:17 AM
I'd establish a portion of the team designed specifically to find bugs. So, ya know...they don't have to wait until they're installing the patch to find them.

I'd call them "testers"

Marvelous idea, isn't it?

Get that shit out of here. We trust sega 8-)

KuroKanden
Sep 4, 2013, 03:31 AM
If anything they need to make the AIs more aggressive and provide them with more variety.

Every single enemy in this game just seems completely monotone, having only a couple attacks that are easily predictable, apart from certain bosses. Chrome was a great start, reminds me of fighting a Tigurex/Nargacuga in MH, it presented that sense of danger throughout the whole fight. Goron is an absolute joke and just becomes sandbag when its shield is down. (I seriously question the design of this boss sometime...)

As regards to the whole idea of an Endurance mode, I think it'd be great if such a concept was applied to PSE bursts, stronger waves of enemy spawning after a certain amount of kills , more aggressive AI as it goes on, similar to AQ risks.

What PSO2 really lacks is the thrill of the hunt, not only pertained to abyssmal item drop rates, but overall just lacking in challenge ; Darkers Den is perhaps one of the better areas in the game as of now, shame its only accessible on a RNG basis.

Teravisor
Sep 4, 2013, 04:10 AM
First: why compain here? Devs don't visit this fansite...
Second: why buff mobs when we can tone down weak bullet and namegid?(those two are bosskillers. 100k+ per cast? I first though a joke, but... To compare: overend is hard to target weakpoint AND does only 40k per all swings with approximately same equip. Both measured into weak-weak point(weak monster point+weak bullet))
Third: If you remove small mob flinching, you'll kill hunters. If you don't like that monsters are weak, don't play force or HU/FI(FI/HU), damnit! Don't get the full-12star equip! Get several mults from lvl 1 without having ton of OP equip! And you'll see that not everyone can pwn monsters easily, and newbies DO need to play!

As for MPA - get friends and go without MPA. There's option to lock it. Why not?

If anything they need to make the AIs more aggressive and provide them with more variety.

Every single enemy in this game just seems completely monotone, having only a couple attacks that are easily predictable, apart from certain bosses. Chrome was a great start, reminds me of fighting a Tigurex/Nargacuga in MH, it presented that sense of danger throughout the whole fight. Goron is an absolute joke and just becomes sandbag when its shield is down. (I seriously question the design of this boss sometime...)

As regards to the whole idea of an Endurance mode, I think it'd be great if such a concept was applied to PSE bursts, stronger waves of enemy spawning after a certain amount of kills , more aggressive AI as it goes on, similar to AQ risks.

What PSO2 really lacks is the thrill of the hunt, not only pertained to abyssmal item drop rates, but overall just lacking in challenge ; Darkers Den is perhaps one of the better areas in the game as of now, shame its only accessible on a RNG basis.

It never had it, play pso blue burst for a bit and you'll see. But it has its charm, and it's not a monster hunter, I don't know why you even compare them...

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 07:51 AM
here's another change

if you're mooning someone, but someone moons them first, and your moon doesn't actually revive anyone because of it, your moon is not consumed

no more spending 3 moons on one player!

then low SP skills for fighter to increase SE duration, decrease SE damage, and an active skill that blocks sol atomizers, anti, and healing so your teammates can't remove your crazy & slayer buffs

maybe even make that active skill count as an SE

because come on now sega

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 08:04 AM
here's another thing that's broken: people saying techter

that makes no fucking sense

either say "techer" because everyone else says it and knows what it means, or say "tector" because that's at least part of an existing and related word christ

Yumii
Sep 4, 2013, 08:18 AM
This community is broken and needs to be fixed <_<

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:32 AM

Why did you join it......just to complain.....?

Yumii
Sep 4, 2013, 08:42 AM
Why did you join it......just to complain.....?

Seeing how this is a thread based on complaining, I'd say so yeah :D

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:43 AM
Seeing how this is a thread based on complaining, I'd say so yeah :D

I was more concerned the complaining in here would make you go insane...it has happened to a few do not become one of them.......

Yumii
Sep 4, 2013, 09:02 AM
I was more concerned the complaining in here would make you go insane...it has happened to a few do not become one of them.......

Well uuhhh... if you want a legitimate complaint I think there's too many maps that uses randomized layouts. I don't really see the point of having AQs (Although some parts are always the same) / Free explore / Arks Quests all pretty much use the same randomized layouts, because it gets old fast.

More quests like tacos and GP quests would be nice, the EQs are a good example too, so much more can be done with the map design if you just have one permanent layout rather than a random generated mess.

Hrith
Sep 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
Several of those points are non-issues or simply wrong.
Do not blame the game for what is the players' fault.

1. Game difficulty.Well, yeah. Some good ideas, but the main problem is enemy HP being too low, really.

2. Techer isn't much of a support class.Nope. Techer is an amazing support class. Just because supporting in PSO2 is not as stupidly easy as it was in PSO1 and PSU does not mean it's literally worse, just more of a bother. If you are not playing in an MPA of 12 people (and even then, it helps a ton to have resta/megiverse spammers in some of the emergency MPAs) or in a mission where monsters are 10~15 levels below you, supporting matters a lot.
I have players - Japanese and Westerners alike - that thank me at the end of missions (usually advanced, obv) because of my support.

The only improvement I want is that a Shifta or Deband tick should be a lot more than 15 seconds, we can all agree on that.

3. Megiverse < RestaI am not sure I understand that. Megiverse is absolutely awesome, it's so good it should be nerfed (really 25% of your damage, I can heal for over 10,000 HP on a regular basis, when my characters have 800~1000 HP).
Also not affected by the output reduction of Friend and Support Partners.

Swarmed by enemies? Cast Megiverse, no one dies... or not.

4. Ice skill tree is useless.Yes and no. The tree itself is not useless at all; ice actually receives the biggest bonus of all elements if you specialise in it. It's just too rare to face monsters weak to ice to get an ice tree, unless you have three FO trees.

People who claim the ice techniques are bad are nubs who are barely good enough to cast Zondeel all day to reduce team DPS, their opinion is irrelevant.

5. Game needs more modes!Give me back PSO1-style Challenge Mode, yeah.

6. Tank trees are useless!cf Ice trees, it's not a valid point unless you're playing in situations in which you make the game too easy (monsters lower level, 12/12 MPAs, exit bursts).

7. There aren't enough ranged or tech based enemies.Not enough, maybe... but the few we have are enough to annoy me greatly. I think not enough people play the dragon altar. 99% of my deaths there are Sol Deegala.
Enough people know the utter rape that are Signo Gun in AD Desert, though...
I rarely get hit by melee attacks, even if they are a lot more common.

9. There aren't many weapons compared to other PSU games!PSO1 Episode I & II had 18 weapon types, but we all know many were useless. PSU AoI had 27 weapon types, but once again, many were factually inferior to others, and some were altogether useless.

Up to now, PSO2 has 15 weapon types, but...
-Each has 6~9 special attacks, PSO had none, PSU had 2~4 for melee weapons, bullets were just different SEs and/or element.
-None are useless, all weapon types in PSO2 are good and have their uses, which allows for more variety in the gameplay from one player to another.

I do not think PSO1 or PSU ever hard 15 weapon types that could be used efficiently.

We can always hope for more (probably as new classes are released), but if it's at the cost of upsetting the balance, I'd rather have fewer.

10. Skill trees are restrictive and most force you into one universally best build.Once again, only of you are a tool who does not have his or her own opinion. There is not one 'best' build and never will be. A build that allows player A to perform well, would not do the same with player B.
There are some core skills that 'everyone should get', but there is a lot of liberty in what an excellent build can be, for any class.

The proof is in-game, anyway. I see many different builds and players that perform just as well as the others.

I'll add a 15th point to the original post, something that irks me beyond words is the amount of messages on the screen. Why do the Emergency Trials announcements have to be in the FUCKING MIDDLE of the screen, 1920x1200 not large enough for you, SEGA? Those should have the option to be off, simply...

if you're mooning someoneWhy, red racast, why :disapprove:

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 09:09 AM
re: Ice

I think most of the ice school of tech's problems (as in NOT the freeze SE or the skilltree, which are related but the focus here) would be solved with two changes:
1. Barta gets a second charge level, like sword PAs do, where it gets an amount of extra height so it can hit things that are more than 2 feet above the ground. The first charge level's time stays at 1 second, but the second charge level would match Sabarta's charge time.
2. Sabarta tracks enemies like grants does, this way it can be useful against bosses that move a lot. It still locks enemies in place if it can, and nothing would change against those enemies. It also keeps its long charge time.

That's it. There are other changes that might need to happen, like freeze mechanics, but from a pure tech damage standpoint I'd like to see the above happen before making any other changes.

Hrith
Sep 4, 2013, 09:18 AM
There is no reason I can see to have a 1.5s charging time for Sabarta, it's not even more powerful. The idea behind Sabarta is great, but the charging time alone kills that technique for me.

Barta is severely overlooked, it is very easy to hit many enemies with it when they are at a distance, and Barta has an incredible range. I sometimes kill (minor) enemies before other players can spot them.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 09:27 AM
Barta is indeed overlooked. You can TPS it to hit elevated targets. I occasionally feel like being silly and use it to break vol's horns, even his back horn. I have to look practically directly up to do it, but it's possible.

But if I want to hit a ludda sorcerer that's more than 15 meters away I basically have no decent options.

As for Sabarta, that's debatable. I wouldn't mind a reduced charge time, but I don't feel that it really matters. If I have to cast more than one tech does it really matter how long the charge time is anymore? Or is it the DPS that matters? If Sabarta's damage is high enough that it has good DPS over time I find 1.5 seconds perfectly acceptable.

Now that namegid finally exists, each school of techs has its own unique take on AOE, close range, single target, long range, and dps techs. Each school's techs will share one or more of those roles on different techs.

Fire? Rafoie is long range, safoie is close range, gifoie is aoe, nafoie is single target. Each of those techs will also have secondary and even tertiary roles, i.e. rafoie can be AOE or even single target at long range if you're desperate for it, safoie can be AOE at close range, etc. That's just an example.

Ice's flaw for me is its lack of long range. Sabarta needs to be able to track. Everything else is up in the air - charge time, PP cost, I don't care. Just let it track. Ice direly needs it to become a more versatile, and thus more useful, element.

Hrith
Sep 4, 2013, 09:50 AM
Yes, but they are not all equally good. Ramegid may be very powerful, it has one fourth the range of Gigrants. Gizan is useless. Grants is weaker than Zonde while Zonde can hit more than one target (makes so little sense); also weaker than Gigrants and Ragrants, I don't even wanna know who balanced that.

However, if we're going to add the lack of balance between techniques as a design flaw (which it is, but at least there are several techniques of each element that are very good), the melee and ranged photon arts are a lot worse.

Addition Bullet, photon art of a weapon type that can be used by any class, is a stronger penetrating attack than those on specialised weapon types (Penetrate Arrow, Pierce Shell).
Not to mention that is the only good PA for the gunblade, 8/9 are average/bad/utter crap.

Some PAs that would be incredible, because of how they work and hit enemies - Nova Strike, Slide Shaker, Assault Buster, Sacred Skewer, Orchestra, Quake March, Scissors Edge, Deadly Circle - are not usable because of how stupidly overpowered some of the other PAs for those weapon types are.

I'm not going to mention all the numerous PAs made useless in this game because of poor design or outrageous damage output differences, but some are unbearable:
Zero Distance (as the name implies... no range) is weaker than Divine Launcher (maximum launcher range).
Concentrate One (only one target) is weaker than Divine Launcher (MT + wide blast).

etc.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 09:58 AM
Yes, but they are not all equally good. Ramegid may be very powerful, it has one fourth the range of Gigrants. Gizan is useless. Grants is weaker than Zonde while Zonde can hit more than one target (makes so little sense); also weaker than Gigrants and Ragrants, I don't even wanna know who balanced that.

However, if we're going to add the lack of balance between techniques as a design flaw (which it is, but at least there are several techniques of each element that are very good), the melee and ranged photon arts are a lot worse.

Addition Bullet, photon art of a weapon type that can be used by any class, is a stronger penetrating attack than those on specialised weapon types (Penetrate Arrow, Pierce Shell).
Not to mention that is the only good PA for the gunblade, 8/9 are average/bad/utter crap.

Some PAs that would be incredible, because of how they work and hit enemies - Nova Strike, Slide Shaker, Assault Buster, Sacred Skewer, Orchestra, Quake March, Scissors Edge, Deadly Circle - are not usable because of how stupidly overpowered some of the other PAs for those weapon types are.

I'm not going to mention all the numerous PAs made useless in this game because of poor design or outrageous damage output differences, but some are unbearable:
Zero Distance (as the name implies... no range) is weaker than Divine Launcher (maximum launcher range).
Concentrate One (only one target) is weaker than Divine Launcher (MT + wide blast).

etc.

Oh, I know. Ramegid is such a disaster in every single way. My god, it even sets off epileptic seizures. They really outdid themselves on making a horrible tech with that.

I don't mean to say everything is balanced. I'm just picking a couple that stand out in one particular school of techs. If I were to make a post about every single PA...I'd be here for 9 hours. Fuck that. I don't want PAs to be rendered useless, but at the same time I don't see the real need for them to all be good. Something that fully specializes will outperform it.

Ice is only really an exception because of the mastery system. A fully specialized tech from another element might not be better because you might not have those masteries. That's different for photon arts, because all you need is an expensive a good weapon to use it on.

And that is a whole different discussion. The problems there come down to elements being relegated to skilltrees, which I don't think they should have been, and then I'd be tearing up the floorboards when I originally set out to find a different rug.

Kamekur
Sep 4, 2013, 10:13 AM

etc.

Wait, what? Since when Assault Buster is bad? Sacred Skewer, too. Even with the range nerf, it's still usable (though the new range kinda limits its utility).

Gunslash has Thrillplosion and Aiming Shot, though only ranged classes actually use those PAs.

I'll only give you that a Ranged Fi/Hu is better than a Striking Fi/Hu in AQs, because a strong Additional Bullet is overall better to deal with mobs. But it doesn't mean the PAs I mentioned are useless.

With Ranged melee, I mean with units affixed with R-ATK, a ranged mag and a Jikomi. It's a ghetto solution for those who don't have Gunbraver and are leveling Fi, and it works o/.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 4, 2013, 12:02 PM

etc.

Sacred skewer is actually a godsend in many cases I gave my level 30 CAST hunter/fighter a level 13 one it works very well. Orchestra is the funnest ability in the game and you aren't stuck like other abilities. I tried deadly circle and was greatly disappointed in it =(

Speed rain and sacred skewer are the only partisan PAs you need, just remember to jump or dodge after using speed rain to cancel the stuck animation.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 4, 2013, 12:14 PM
Sacred skewer is actually a godsend in many cases I gave my level 30 CAST hunter/fighter a level 13 one it works very well. Orchestra is the funnest ability in the game and you aren't stuck like other abilities. I tried deadly circle and was greatly disappointed in it =(

Speed rain and sacred skewer are the only partisan PAs you need, just remember to jump or dodge after using speed rain to cancel the stuck animation.

I prefer trick rave, slide end and a buster, trick rave is still the strongest partisan PA, it has good range, and its upward hitbox destroys flying enemies. Slide end is a good cluster killer, and buster is a great long range/piercer that can 1 shot almost any mob.

Kamekur
Sep 4, 2013, 12:19 PM

Bloody Sarabande is far better than Speed Rain.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ramegid is fucking great. I hit 14,000 with it from a Talis. Zondeel everything together and let loose.

Giving a bad, fumbling move omgwtf damage isn't proper balancing and you know it :P

AgemFrostMage
Sep 4, 2013, 12:25 PM
Well, yeah. Some good ideas, but the main problem is enemy HP being too low, really.

Then things will just be the same but take longer to accomplish. You think droprates are bad now? The extra time spent killing would mean even fewer rares. Only kill tanky stuff if you have to, otherwise I ignore crabs and especially wondas.

Nope. Techer is an amazing support class. Just because supporting in PSO2 is not as stupidly easy as it was in PSO1 and PSU does not mean it's literally worse, just more of a bother. If you are not playing in an MPA of 12 people (and even then, it helps a ton to have resta/megiverse spammers in some of the emergency MPAs) or in a mission where monsters are 10~15 levels below you, supporting matters a lot.
I have players - Japanese and Westerners alike - that thank me at the end of missions (usually advanced, obv) because of my support.

If you want to support then you can, no one stops you.

The only improvement I want is that a Shifta or Deband tick should be a lot more than 15 seconds, we can all agree on that.

Agreed, I don't even think it should tick but be instant.

I am not sure I understand that. Megiverse is absolutely awesome, it's so good it should be nerfed (really 25% of your damage, I can heal for over 10,000 HP on a regular basis, when my characters have 800~1000 HP).
Also not affected by the output reduction of Friend and Support Partners.

Agree that it's awesome, disagree on nerf. When leveling hunter on my human I'd use the swing wired lance skill and megiverse on the catadraan monsters and it was not only fun but practical and awesome. Only reason I don't megiverse anymore is because of very limited space on the subpallete. I suppose I can trade useless nabarta for it.

Yes and no. The tree itself is not useless at all; ice actually receives the biggest bonus of all elements if you specialise in it. It's just too rare to face monsters weak to ice to get an ice tree, unless you have three FO trees.

Gibarta and Rabarta are great skills and I have a special ice tree but mostly for masteries and freeze keep. I still need to wash my tree and replace freeze % up skills (silly me thought it was additive at the time... -_- ) with tech charge up.

People who claim the ice techniques are bad are nubs who are barely good enough to cast Zondeel all day to reduce team DPS, their opinion is irrelevant.

Ice techs aren't bad, just if you must have one tree then putting in ice is impractical since lightning and fire weaknesses oftentimes share space.

Give me back PSO1-style Challenge Mode, yeah.

I wasn't around for PSO1 but more options never hurt =)

cf Ice trees, it's not a valid point unless you're playing in situations in which you make the game too easy (monsters lower level, 12/12 MPAs, exit bursts).

Very hard is very trivial even with my messed up ice tree, but it should given that I am level 57 and it is 42 content, especially considering I have a high end rare rod grinded to +9. Namegid takes out vol's horn in two hits, with or without photon flare.

Not enough, maybe... but the few we have are enough to annoy me greatly. I think not enough people play the dragon altar. 99% of my deaths there are Sol Deegala.

I personally have more trouble with the big monsters because they can hit from behind and do big damage and the mantis darkers. For Sol Deegala regular megid is best since it tracks, though they can still dodge.

Enough people know the utter rape that are Signo Gun in AD Desert, though...
I rarely get hit by melee attacks, even if they are a lot more common.

I used to have big trouble against signo guns, and still might if they use the big nuke from behind and cannot see them because of the dust and expect it to crash into obstacles but goes through the circle platform and hits you anyway (you strategically move across to avoid it so it crashes against the wall ironically).

The thing is, they wait for you to commit, the annoying gap between releasing RT and ability execution they use to dodge, so you just waste PP. Instead, wait for them to dodge and then strike!

PSO1 Episode I & II had 18 weapon types, but we all know many were useless. PSU AoI had 27 weapon types, but once again, many were factually inferior to others, and some were altogether useless.

Sounds like a quantity over quality issue. The practical nature of our times means that we go for the objectively best option, or if specializing then objectively best within that context.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 4, 2013, 12:26 PM
Bloody Sarabande is far better than Speed Rain.

But two different classes and weapon types.

Kamekur
Sep 4, 2013, 12:29 PM
But two different classes and weapon types.

Yeah, I know. I always take Fighter and Hunter as 2 halves of the same class.

Naizuya Tatzubani
Sep 5, 2013, 01:29 AM
Nunchaku for Fighter.

Shotgun for Gunner.

Dual Sabers for Braver.

Zenobia
Sep 5, 2013, 06:39 AM
Also, Techer, not Techter.

Wrong mate its Techtor better go read that magazine.

o0Kais0o
Sep 5, 2013, 07:00 AM
1) Enemies that actually put up a fight.
2) Enemies that actually put up a fight.
3) A class with dual sabers.

Kamekur
Sep 5, 2013, 07:01 AM
What difference did dual/twin sabers have from double sabers? Aside from being 2 different weapon types altogether. I never played PSU.

Rexob
Sep 5, 2013, 07:08 AM
What difference did dual/twin sabers have from double sabers? Aside from being 2 different weapon types altogether. I never played PSU.

Twin Sabers played a bit more like Twin Daggers...not quite though, Daggers were faster, but the Sabers gave you more range. Had a number of PAs that let you launch enemies and PAs that would knock - back/up enemies. Now that I think about it more...the Twin Sabers moved rather slow at times with large sweeping attacks.

I used to carry both and swapping for AoE Twin Sabers to single target Twin Daggers back in PSU. TDs had very limited close range AoE, whereas the TS with their large sweeping attacks and broader range were better if you found yourself in the midst of a lot of enemies from numerous sides.

The TS attack animation also let you kind of "walk" through your attacks. TD you usually won't move that much when attacking. TS you could usually attack and move from target to target seamlessly.

Sebastian & PSO
Sep 5, 2013, 07:31 AM
Ugh I definitely agree about the Ice Skill Tree being useless, freeze ignition and chance of freeze being leveled up barely increases the chance. Enemies are frozen for half a second if that the stronger they are. It's just a waste of skill points like you have mentioned that I did not realise would be so shit.

Apart from that, they need to make the darker den more accessible for ALL PLAYERS (not just players that spend 1000's of hours playing) why did they graphically design something that only a certain percentage of players get to experience? Seems like a waste to me. Same goes for Para-Worlds.

And i agree, the whole extreme quest's with floors could have been done a lot better. Why does SEGA insist on making PSO2's most fun quests the hardest things to do in the game? If you don't have a certain pass you can't do extreme quests or advanced quests or other things that leaves you playing the same god damn levels over and over again.

One major thing they need to fix is lobbies getting full too quickly. Sometimes i spend up to half an hour trying to find a block that's decently full with a 11/12 free field multiplayer. Then when i do on the list, its in another block, which you can't tell is full until you try to join, which kicks you out of the whole menu you were in. So annoying. Just don't let the player attempt to join the block if its full, or at-least take you back to the list you were on.

milranduil
Sep 5, 2013, 07:34 AM
Apart from that, they need to make the darker den more accessible for ALL PLAYERS (not just players that spend 1000's of hours playing) why did they graphically design something that only a certain percentage of players get to experience?

And i agree, the whole extreme quest's with floors could have been done a lot better. Why does SEGA insist on making PSO2's most fun quests the hardest things to do in the game? If you don't have a certain pass you can't do extreme quests or advanced quests or other things that leaves you playing the same god damn levels over and over again.

1. It takes 1000s of hours to unlock VH tacos? lolwut?

2. XQs are hard? lolwut?

Zenobia
Sep 5, 2013, 07:39 AM
1. It takes 1000s of hours to unlock VH tacos? lolwut?

2. XQs are hard? lolwut?

Man you totally misunderstood his post.

He i basically saying why does sega have everything locked behind time and or RNG and not accessible ANYTIME YOU WANT!

XQ's locked behind time

Den locked behind RNG.

Got it?

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2013, 07:43 AM
Wrong mate its Techtor better go read that magazine.

Tector*

As in protector

Ow...

They were just different weapons in PSO1 with different attack intervals and animations. It was the same kind of difference as, like Rexob said, double sabers and daggers. One was for one thing, the other was for another thing. In PSO1 attack intervals and speeds mattered quite a bit, as it was how you'd keep an enemy just flinched enough to avoid taking hits by manually stepping backwards or sideways. In PSU they obviously expanded the differences with PAs and the like.

milranduil
Sep 5, 2013, 07:46 AM
Whether he meant that or not, Den isn't THAT inaccessible to players... play your tacos daily. You will get abducted. It's no different than rare missions from PSU. If you REALLY want to get abducted more than just doing your VH tacos, then spam sanctum. It has decent drops and good fodder.

Yes, XQs are based on essentially one 'run' per day. He did classify them as hard though in the previous statement which they are not.

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2013, 07:49 AM
It is different from abductions in PSU. I've done TACOs twice a day almost every day and haven't been abducted in 2 months. The rates on rare missions were quite a bit higher than that.

milranduil
Sep 5, 2013, 07:53 AM
It is different from abductions in PSU. I've done TACOs twice a day almost every day and haven't been abducted in 2 months. The rates on rare missions were quite a bit higher than that.

I could argue the other way as I am quite lucky with abductions but had abysmal luck with rare missions in PSU. I play/played both games a lot, and quite equally at that. It's hard to tell one way or another. I do notice that I get abducted more when I am solo/duo tacos though (most often when soloing).

Zenobia
Sep 5, 2013, 07:55 AM
Whether he meant that or not, Den isn't THAT inaccessible to players... play your tacos daily. You will get abducted. It's no different than rare missions from PSU. If you REALLY want to get abducted more than just doing your VH tacos, then spam sanctum. It has decent drops and good fodder.

Yes, XQs are based on essentially one 'run' per day. He did classify them as hard though in the previous statement which they are not.

XQ's being hard to do as in You can't run them anytime you want and lol at the fucking stone count you need to GET THEM!

Also you can't argue that because you got lucky RNG is RNG.

I would call the stone gathering for XQ's hard and diligent work yeah.

milranduil
Sep 5, 2013, 07:57 AM
I would be retarded to deny that lol. Fuck XQ weps and their stupid costs...

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2013, 08:07 AM
I could argue the other way as I am quite lucky with abductions but had abysmal luck with rare missions in PSU. I play/played both games a lot, and quite equally at that. It's hard to tell one way or another. I do notice that I get abducted more when I am solo/duo tacos though (most often when soloing).

Yeah, the rates are hit and miss. I've also noticed I get abducted more in smaller parties too. This could mean rates are higher in small groups, but there's also the fact that they stated when abductions were released that players needed to meet specific criteria to get in.

If you're in a party of 4 players and even 1 doesn't meet the criteria, well, that means nobody gets in. What's the criteria? I don't think anyone bothered to figure it out. He might have meant stuff like a minimum level, or maybe having killed X bosses in the last 24 hours, or who freaking knows.

Either way I'd like to see something about that changed ;/ Maybe not more frequent, since it's annoying being abducted right when you don't want to spend the time to clear it with a bad party. I'd be happy with something like an abduction beacon that clears all the criteria and boosts the rate so all you have to do is spam TAs for at most an hour.

milranduil
Sep 5, 2013, 08:57 AM
Yeah, the rates are hit and miss. I've also noticed I get abducted more in smaller parties too. This could mean rates are higher in small groups, but there's also the fact that they stated when abductions were released that players needed to meet specific criteria to get in.

If you're in a party of 4 players and even 1 doesn't meet the criteria, well, that means nobody gets in. What's the criteria? I don't think anyone bothered to figure it out. He might have meant stuff like a minimum level, or maybe having killed X bosses in the last 24 hours, or who freaking knows.

Either way I'd like to see something about that changed ;/ Maybe not more frequent, since it's annoying being abducted right when you don't want to spend the time to clear it with a bad party. I'd be happy with something like an abduction beacon that clears all the criteria and boosts the rate so all you have to do is spam TAs for at most an hour.

That would actually be really nice especially if they added an option such that you could choose to do it now or later kind of like how rare missions were on PSU. I'm soooooo tired of getting abducted when I have 45min for tacos and need to go do something else only to find Hunar wants the d today...

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2013, 09:00 AM
*edit*

Oh, and yeah, techtor is probably a better way to spell it. I will try to stop spelling it techter. The pronunciation is the same though. Techer, on the other hand, is just plain wrong.

Tector*

As in protector
Weren't you the one that threw a big stink over PP Restorate vs. PP Restraint? I'd think you'd be all kinds of fanatic about getting this straight.

http://translate.google.com/#en/ja/protector
protector -> プロテクター
Any part of this word look familiar?

Rexob
Sep 5, 2013, 09:01 AM

I was abducted last night...I found it quite challenging as a GU 51 / HU 39. Kind of freaked me out...I did not survive the final fight though as I reached that with only one Trimate remaining.

CloudChaser
Sep 5, 2013, 02:41 PM
I'm going to be a Dark Techer.
Any good ideas on how I could achieve max potential? I dont give a flying a fuck about "Oh but this is better your so retarded for choosing that!" go fuck yourself and get off the forum. Anyone willing to help? Cause it's you people I like^^
Let the endless bitching commense-_-

NeverDT
Sep 5, 2013, 03:13 PM
this mostly, I'd love to see less topics washed down the drain with flames and hatred

2. increase enemy animation speed in general
3. increase player speed slightly (both run speed and animation, I'd also say get rid of the run speed decrease when weapon is out)
4. put ranger's dodge in da trash
5. buff PAs (animation speed, damage, or utility, I really don't care. there are too many useless ones)
6. ban people who unfairly manipulate room rankings
7. less randomness in maps, after quarry Tatooine got released someone was saying it's too easy to get bored with the new map by the time you get free explore unlocked. either knock it down to 2 areas or decrease the size of randomized areas, or both, and make more preconstructed maps (ie TAs)
8. something about rare drops

I could think of more, and I have, but honestly I like PSO2 for what it is. I don't know what PSO1 or PSU were like, and I don't really care. whatever the differences are I'd rather they made this into a better game in its own right rather than catering to nostalgia and then messing everything up.

And for the love of god, don't inflate enemy HP. There are difficulties/enemy levels to provide proper scaling for that. It's the only way Bethesda can make any of their games "interesting" since they refuse to come up with a decent combat system (rip in peace TESO), and in conjunction with a terrible loot system it almost ruined Borderlands 2 for me.

Chdata
Sep 5, 2013, 08:37 PM
So, don't premium players fill up free space before premium space? Why not make it so they fill premium space before they fill free space?

Mike
Sep 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
The force discussion has been moved to it's own topic (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212868). If you wish to continue it, use that topic.

So, don't premium players fill up free space before premium space? Why not make it so they fill premium space before they fill free space?
This allows more premium players to enter a block before it is completely full giving more "value" to premium.

rip in peace
Rest in peace in peace?

Chdata
Sep 5, 2013, 10:16 PM
Client orders: Auto turn in all / Auto accept X order (ignore others).

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2013, 10:24 PM
if there's no room for an item when you turn in a client order it should be sent to your bank or overflow storage, like emergency code rewards

Chdata
Sep 5, 2013, 10:29 PM
Search for multiple ability affixes on an item instead of only one.

Search for a specific level disc. Ignore discs you are already beyond the level of / Only view useable discs.

There's no reason for stances like fury stance to be 10 minutes when their cooldown is one minute. Make them On/Off with a minute cooldown between going from off to on.

NeverDT
Sep 5, 2013, 11:57 PM
Rest in peace in peace?

I have no idea where it initially came from, but it was popular in Path of Exile. Especially when HC characters died.

There's a variant "rip in peaches" which refers to a certain speedrunner.

There are actually a lot of small changes in here I really like, I'm leery about big gameplay changes but any conveniences would be welcome. Sega has been decent about that too since ep2 launched.

Darki
Sep 6, 2013, 12:19 AM
And for the love of god, don't inflate enemy HP. There are difficulties/enemy levels to provide proper scaling for that. It's the only way Bethesda can make any of their games "interesting" since they refuse to come up with a decent combat system (rip in peace TESO), and in conjunction with a terrible loot system it almost ruined Borderlands 2 for me.

I disagree with this. With a system where missions can go from 1 to 12 players, having monsters with an amount of HP enough so that a single player can beat them in a realistically affordable time means that they will be massacred by 12, and then we will have what we got now: MPAs where all you do is sweep trash like a vacuum cleaner. If you go for the opposite, make enemies tough enough so that they're challenging for a full MPA, then they'd be too difficult for solo players or single parties.

Difficulty and monster level won't address this issue without adding a more complex system that gave each run a good challenge. Having monsters increase their stats and survivability the more members are in the area seems to me like a much simpler idea than trying to get a "magic formula" for monster levels and mission difficulty to suit everybody with a single setup.

NeverDT
Sep 6, 2013, 12:55 AM
Having monsters increase their stats and survivability the more members are in the area

strange, I ran beach both solo and in MPA recently, encountered org both times and I don't think it took me much longer to kill him solo than it did for the party. Could possibly have been people aiming at other things, but still, people tend to like killing bosses so I feel like something like this was already in.

In either case, that's not exactly what I meant, I'm fine with (reasonable) scaling based on party size because obviously the player damage will be there to compensate for it. It's inflation like what happens in the lategame of BL2 or ES games that I'm worried about. the issue for me is that just turning everything into HP pincushions completely takes any "action" out of the game and makes it a gimmick fest. I wouldn't say PSO2 has gone that far, except maybe with respect to some PAs being vastly above others (DA most notably).

gigawuts
Sep 6, 2013, 10:32 AM
WHERE ARE MY MALE LEOTARDS SEGA?

Remz69
Sep 6, 2013, 01:05 PM
strange, I ran beach both solo and in MPA recently, encountered org both times and I don't think it took me much longer to kill him solo than it did for the party. Could possibly have been people aiming at other things, but still, people tend to like killing bosses so I feel like something like this was already in.

you probably encountered normal Orgs while your MPA ran into a rough wave org
bosses have those evolved states

it generally only means 5+ times more HP as far as i could tell
which would suck if you ran into one solo (can't remember if i saw one solo)

in MPAs normal orgs die in 5s