PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 3rd Character Slot

X117 Impulse
Sep 3, 2013, 05:29 AM
Okay, so I was making some characters today (testing my limits) and I heard previously that our limit was 2 characters. Well it turns out that I was able to make a 3rd character, but here lies the mystery. I want to know if this 3rd slot is a "freebee" (1 time only slot) or if its an official 100% confirmed permanent (or at least a slot I can use one more time) character slot. I'm leaning towards the tragic possibility of it being a one time free slot (so I don't want to delete that third character and be depressed due to this possibility) but it would be awesome if someone confirmed otherwise. Thank you for reading this and I await your responses. :-)

PokeminMaster
Sep 3, 2013, 05:33 AM
Very strange, but this actually happened to me as well... I don't exactly need the third character, so I deleted it and could not recreate it. It might be a glitch if you try creating a new one immediately after your second... Not sure, though...

Variant
Sep 3, 2013, 06:03 AM
I dunno why you got a 3rd slot for free, but what I have personally verified is this:

Let's say you have a character A, and you now make a character B, this is fine. You now have characters A and B.

Now let's say you purchased a character slot, and you make a character C.

So now you have A, B, and C.

Let's say you want to recreate A. So you go ahead and delete A. You now have B, C.

When you try to create A, you'll note that you won't be able to, that slot is gone.

In your extreme sadness, you decide to delete B as well. Leaving you with only C. And when you realize what you've done, you desperately try to recreate B and realize that it's fine, B can still be recreated.

-------

Point is, you have 2 free slots, and a one-time 3rd slot if you purchase one. So from my understanding, that 3rd slot was a one time thing, and deleting your character will cause you to lose it. Then again, I've never seen anyone get a free character slot, so it's not something I can say for sure.

jooozek
Sep 3, 2013, 06:10 AM
ditch the idea of slots altogether: SEGA lets everyone to delete/make new characters for free as long as the player has less than 2 characters on their account
if you had before the episode 2 update 2 or more characters you got a one time free character creation meaning that after you create a new character no matter what character you delete after that, you won't be able to create a new one for free

strikerhunter
Sep 3, 2013, 09:01 AM
There has been a reported Bug that gives player a free extra character slot ticket. From what I've heard, deleting that character would lose the spot.

Oh the bug primarily works on new players starting up.

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2013, 02:14 PM
Take "free" with a grain of salt. It takes so many tries to get a character that looks how you want her to. You're probably going to end up needing AC to make them look good.

yoshiblue
Sep 3, 2013, 02:21 PM
Couldn't you just use the CC v1 +2 to work it out?

PokeminMaster
Sep 3, 2013, 02:24 PM
Ah, yeah, I know how the three character thing works for those poor souls who deleted one of their three characters...
Anywho, it was actually a new account made not-to-long after Episode 2 in my case, so that might be it...

JC200X
Sep 3, 2013, 02:31 PM
Couldn't you just use the CC v1 +2 to work it out?

Yes, you can. Dunno why some spend AC on more than one salon ticket to redo their characters when you can easily export your character file and redo it as many times as you want in the creator at no cost.

X117 Impulse
Sep 3, 2013, 02:38 PM
Hmm good points and @yoshiblue and @JC200X, isn't it too late to do that since I already made the 3rd character? I think my only choice is to buy AC now and modify the character.

pkemr4
Sep 3, 2013, 02:39 PM
is it possible to load other players character files for salon O.o?

yoshiblue
Sep 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
You should be able to. Should still have that save and load feature by voices.

JC200X
Sep 3, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hmm good points and @yoshiblue and @JC200X, isn't it too late to do that since I already made the 3rd character? I think my only choice is to buy AC now and modify the character.

Hey, we all make mistakes. Especially when first making our characters. Which was why I said "more than one salon ticket". I've spent AC on a ticket to redo my character's proportions, since they were so off. Did all of the editing in the creator. No one-hour time limit to pressure you there as well.

X117 Impulse
Sep 3, 2013, 09:10 PM
Ah okay gotcha, well when I get my AC I'll be sure to take all the time in the world double checking all the necessary changes, thanks again for the input everyone, you helped a lot! :-)