PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 SEA English server in 2014

drummer829
Sep 3, 2013, 10:18 AM
http://m.mmoculture.com/2013/08/phantasy-star-online-2-sea-english-server-launching-early-2014/

The article tells that pso2 is coming to Southeast Asia and will get a dedicated English server. Does this mean everything will be in English now? Also do you think this is the beginning of the NA version of pso2 or is this the extent of what sega is doing for English speaking players?

jooozek
Sep 3, 2013, 10:21 AM
its been 5 months since it was announced

drummer829
Sep 3, 2013, 11:30 AM
Wellll soorrryyyyy. I didn't see it til the other day. I quit playing the JP version because even with the English patch, it was still tough to follow everything. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the English servers and we see some NA announcements soon

The Walrus
Sep 3, 2013, 11:36 AM
Doubt it.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 3, 2013, 11:48 AM
PSO2 West is done, finished, terminado.

SEGA has no interest whatsoever to take a risk on a franchise it wasn't that profitable last time.
They are dedicating their west division to sell only successful franchises and stuff appealing to the general western public. PSO2 does not fell in neither this categories.

There won't be any begging of PSO2 enlgish servers, because it's existence is already gone.

Daiyousei
Sep 3, 2013, 11:57 AM
Knowing Asiasoft, they may make it even worse than playing with the English patch.

Vintasticvin
Sep 3, 2013, 12:10 PM
Can we have a thread about pso2 international that doesn't get caught on fire for once?

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 12:21 PM
Lol, hey, I actually came in here interested in if this was legit or not. I would have been seriously surprised.

Shinamori
Sep 3, 2013, 12:23 PM
I just hope that they take all the noobs...

Macman
Sep 3, 2013, 12:26 PM
Can we have a thread about pso2 international that doesn't get caught on fire for once?
When it becomes a reality, you may.

pkemr4
Sep 3, 2013, 12:51 PM
inb4 IP-Blocked SEA server.

yoshiblue
Sep 3, 2013, 12:51 PM

I wish this as well but eh, this is the internet we are talking about.

Carlte
Sep 3, 2013, 01:01 PM
Wellll soorrryyyyy. I didn't see it til the other day. I quit playing the JP version because even with the English patch, it was still tough to follow everything. I'm hoping this is the beginning of the English servers and we see some NA announcements soon

If you cant handle something that someone tried hard to make as much sense as possible with, why the heck do you even wanna bother wasting your time with the exact same thing on an official EN server? It's Likely going to make even LESS sense. Just as you have by saying that.

Faith in humanity -2 points

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 3, 2013, 01:05 PM
It'll make the same sense or more, but not enough for drummer to get it.

If you couldn't understand with the patch, chances are you won't be able to understand with the international release, either

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 01:05 PM
This thread should really be renamed.

Alenoir
Sep 3, 2013, 01:36 PM
They are dedicating their west division to sell only successful franchises and stuff appealing to the general western public. PSO2 does not fell in neither this categories.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/27/project-diva-f-out-today-on-ps3-hatsune-miku-hits-the-stage/) happened. That's more niche than a Phantasy Star game will ever be, yet it happened.

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 01:39 PM
Though it's not like it takes much to understand the game with the English Patches etc. Rather, it's basically an 'English' version of the game with the translations, aside from some random NPC dialogue.

Zyrusticae
Sep 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
It'll make the same sense or more, but not enough for drummer to get it.

If you couldn't understand with the patch, chances are you won't be able to understand with the international release, either
Seriously. How in the world is the current English patch in any way difficult to get one's head around?

I am thinking considerable mental disabilities are involved with the OP.

KazukiQZ
Sep 3, 2013, 02:05 PM
^That, or perfectionist complex, thinking all things should be in perfect English...

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 3, 2013, 02:09 PM
Jokes on him because things won't get perfectly translated regardless

Shinamori
Sep 3, 2013, 02:47 PM
Nope. Never. You're asking too much.

drummer829
Sep 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
Why the hell is everyone getting so hostile? I haven't really been on this forum too much lately and just thought I'd get some of your opinion. I just don't like how a lot of the items and conversations is still in JP. The English patch helped a helluva lot, but it sucks not being able to see everything in English. All I was asking is if the English server in 2014 is going to be completely English or not. Please stop getting your panties in a twist, it is a fictional game.

Shinamori
Sep 3, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/27/project-diva-f-out-today-on-ps3-hatsune-miku-hits-the-stage/) happened. That's more niche than a Phantasy Star game will ever be, yet it happened.

Miku Hastune is actually pretty big outside of Japan. Not much, but it is.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 3, 2013, 03:08 PM
Indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

DarkstarIV
Sep 3, 2013, 03:20 PM
I'm probably going to go on a limb here and say that besides the fact that the thread title is partially misleading, and that most people here were (probably) burned pretty bad by Sega America with PSO(BB) and/or PSU. Sega America's handling of the two games was pretty much just doing the bare essentials at the end (not even providing updates).

Sega America has a track record of being really dumb, and trying to pass the blame onto others. If they opened the server up over here, it would probably last one or two years. Maybe three if you are a generous person!

People on this site love Phantasy Star, and are cynical because SA seems to have mysteriously forgotten about the game already, and that's a huge red flag. The game was mostly localized according to a few people who went to PAX Prime 2012. The only thing it was missing at the time were English VAs.

Sega America really does have very little in the way of excuses at this point. They should just man up and announce that the western release of PSO2 has been canned, or transfer it to a publisher that cares.

PS: There is a high chance the Asiasoft version will be IP locked, and they aren't a good company anyways.

PSS: My post may not capture everyone's exact opinion on why they don't really care for the western release, but I'm pretty sure I got most of it!

Shinamori
Sep 3, 2013, 03:24 PM
If Asiasoft is make a English dedicated server, then a IP block wouldn't that much of a good idea.

DarkstarIV
Sep 3, 2013, 03:28 PM
If Asiasoft is make a English dedicated server, then a IP block wouldn't that much of a good idea.

They've done it before, and they have a track record of IP blocking their games (one example: RO2 before Warp Portal announced the NA release). Not to mention their anti hacking team is an absolute joke. Get banned for hacking? It's okay, you can have your account back if you pay $5 or something.

Shinamori
Sep 3, 2013, 03:32 PM
Yea, but how long ago was this? By RO I'm assuming you mean Ragnarok Online 2, I remember trying to pla that when I was in 9th, 10th grade and that was over 10 years ago. Unless I'm thinking of the first one.

DarkstarIV
Sep 3, 2013, 03:34 PM
Yea, but how long ago was this? By RO I'm assuming you mean Ragnarok Online 2, I remember trying to pla that when I was in 9th, 10th grade and that was over 10 years ago.

Back in Jan, actually. RO2 was launched earlier this year. But Asiasoft has a track record of IP blocking their games either way. Especially since they've already announced the countries they are supporting. America and Europe aren't on that list, for obvious reasons. I would say the only way it will see an official American/European release at this point is if Sony pays for the Vita localization, and somehow gets publishing rights for the PC version as well.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 3, 2013, 03:51 PM
I just don't like how a lot of the items and conversations is still in JP.
There are the following:
English Patch
English Patch (Large Files)
Story Patch
Item Patch

Everything actually important is translated.
Except maybe parts of story I don't keep track of it

If something is in japanese with all these patches installed, chances are it's nothing important

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 3, 2013, 05:09 PM
PSO2 in the western world is beyond dead. It's more dead than dead. It's SUPER dead.

MetalDude
Sep 3, 2013, 05:18 PM
"You wanna see my dead dad? He's like super dead."

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 3, 2013, 07:43 PM
"You wanna see my dead dad? He's like super dead."

Don't you mean SUPER dead?

Gardios
Sep 3, 2013, 07:48 PM
Jokes on him because things won't get perfectly translated regardless

SEA translations aren't even understandable half of the time.

Korazenn
Sep 3, 2013, 08:55 PM
Why the hell is everyone getting so hostile? I haven't really been on this forum too much lately and just thought I'd get some of your opinion. I just don't like how a lot of the items and conversations is still in JP. The English patch helped a helluva lot, but it sucks not being able to see everything in English. All I was asking is if the English server in 2014 is going to be completely English or not. Please stop getting your panties in a twist, it is a fictional game.

The reason people are getting 'hostile' (if that's even what you call it because I still don't see it) is because we see this same thread pop up every single time one of them closes. This is old news that was made prior to us even knowing that Phantasy Star Online 2 was delayed in the West, and it's time to move along now.

If something is in japanese with all these patches installed, chances are it's nothing important

This. Definitely. ^

I can't tell you how glad I am that most of the Client Orders themselves are untranslated, for instance. I think it's a god-sent by comparison to not have to hear and read through all of their constant, nonsensical babbling (Jean, especially).

Rehal
Sep 3, 2013, 09:37 PM
The article tells that pso2 is coming to Southeast Asia and will get a dedicated English server. Does this mean everything will be in English now? Also do you think this is the beginning of the NA version of pso2 or is this the extent of what sega is doing for English speaking players?

For your information: Asiasoft will offer the worst service you'll ever have. The game's localization won't even be in proper English with them at work.

Also, almost all the game published by them in my region got transformed into a pay2win or pay2play garbage and got closed down in less than 1 year because lack of players and lol money.

Railkune
Sep 3, 2013, 09:51 PM
Also, almost all the game published by them in my region got transformed into a pay2win or pay2play garbage and got closed down in less than 1 year because lack of players and lol money.

Let's just avoid THAT problem entirely. PSO2 is doing fine with their real money purchases, keeping the game pretty fair for those that don't buy AC.

By fair, I mean you don't have to buy and buy AC to compete with others. It's an option that many choose not to follow and do perfectly fine without.

Emmie
Sep 3, 2013, 09:56 PM
Yea, but how long ago was this? By RO I'm assuming you mean Ragnarok Online 2, I remember trying to pla that when I was in 9th, 10th grade and that was over 10 years ago. Unless I'm thinking of the first one.

Actually there was two R02s. Maybe what you were thinking of was RO2:GOTW. RO2:LOTS is the one that most people are referring to when they say RO2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok_Online_2:_The_Gate_of_the_World
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok_Online_2:_Legend_of_the_Second

Rehal
Sep 3, 2013, 10:38 PM
Let's just avoid THAT problem entirely. PSO2 is doing fine with their real money purchases, keeping the game pretty fair for those that don't buy AC.

By fair, I mean you don't have to buy and buy AC to compete with others. It's an option that many choose not to follow and do perfectly fine without.

Doubt it, they even went as far as making free content become pay content. I wouldn't be surprised if they make grind weapon/unit 10 times harder with grind protect +1 being removed or changed to become AC content. Or even better moon atomizer is AC content... <_<

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 4, 2013, 12:07 AM
I just hope that they take all the noobs...

That would be the end of you though xD