PDA

View Full Version : Update post poned

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 01:44 AM
Seems Sega is postponing the update as a lot of bug were found so yeah...

I would rather they fix them than release it with bugs so I am not really bummed out about it.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2134

Edit:Update extended another 2 hours new info here.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2135

From Joozek

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?mode=view&id=2136
addressing the hdd issue

Important to note info by Taiga

JP wiki says cases where PC won't boot anymore have been reported, so yeah... some people got royally screwed.
Honestly can't imagine how SEGA will go out compensating them. They probably won't even want to touch the game anymore.

It's like RNG extending to real life. We really dodged a bullet with our OSes still intact.

AC Scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20130904/

FUN Scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/

Taurus83
Sep 4, 2013, 01:47 AM
no wonder it say server maintenance and no check files was able to perform.

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 01:50 AM
wow good game sega

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 01:52 AM
Wait not just maintenance post-poned but the update is on another day altogether?

That's hilarious.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Sep 4, 2013, 01:53 AM
lol..

Korazenn
Ugh...this just makes everything even more complicated. We will keep working with everyone to get the patches back up-and-running.

I will keep updating my thread throughout the morning with all of the other data from the updates that will (hopefully) get implemented within the next week. Due to the fact that this is a larger content update that they are now postponing, I doubt SEGA will be having any server maintenance scheduled for next week.

We better get compensated for this, though. >:/

supersonix9
this is good

We better get compensated for this, though. >:/
they will probably give us a month of premium for free

jooozek
so sega once again proves they are incompetent fucks

Skyly HUmar
Honestly does sega pay their programmers at all? Last i checked no one gets payed to fuck up again and again and again. I swear theres been problems with every update since episode 2 launched.

SallySalSal
Sep 4, 2013, 01:54 AM
Would rather have the bugs and maintenance days so they can gib us free Premium passes.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 01:55 AM
Honestly does sega pay their programmers at all? Last i checked no one gets payed to fuck up again and again and again.

F2P games

Also I'd be totally fine with the hilarious of Sonic 06 bugs everywhere.

wefwq
Sep 4, 2013, 01:58 AM
Wow wth sega goofing around since EP2 started.

So that means people that finish patching, updating the game or whatever must doing it again after they finish those issues?

Wisol
Sep 4, 2013, 01:59 AM
Would rather have the bugs and maintenance days so they can gib us free Premium passes.

Is this seriously something they'd do as compensation to all players?

Korazenn
Sep 4, 2013, 01:59 AM
Wow wth sega goofing around since EP2 started.

So that means people that finish patching, updating the game or whatever must doing it again after they finish those issues?

'Fraid so. :/

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 02:00 AM
so have they said when we can update....

Jungo Torii
Sep 4, 2013, 02:00 AM
http://puu.sh/3Rv3q

Okay, not really, but seriously.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SEGA.

SallySalSal
Sep 4, 2013, 02:01 AM

Not as often anymore. But they used to give them out like candy whenever something was buggy and they had to bring down servers to fix them.

Imjake
Sep 4, 2013, 02:01 AM
Game is still down though. Doesnt make sense.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:02 AM
And it's usually towards players that have spent AC recently.

I guess it makes sense if they're taking the server down unscheduled and you're losing a premium day.

Aine
Sep 4, 2013, 02:03 AM
There have been reports of files in the Windows system folder getting overwritten and other stuff getting deleted.

Korazenn
Sep 4, 2013, 02:04 AM
Game is still down though. Doesnt make sense.

The game will most likely be down until maintenance is finished.

It has only been temporarily postponed, meaning that the servers should be remaining offline until SEGA continues with their maintenance after (hopefully) fixing their content deliverables.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:05 AM
Well I had precede downloads fin way before this post was made by them so I had the benefit of finishing my update early.

Sure its post poned, but I am pretty sure they are well...still fixing things on their side so about that.....

NexusAZ
Sep 4, 2013, 02:10 AM
http://puu.sh/3Rv3q

Okay, not really, but seriously.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SEGA.

I appreciate this greatly.

Players that are already premium will probably get an extra day. I expect something like 10 grinders as compensation though.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 02:11 AM
Well then
Guess I'm going to sleep

Xaelouse
Sep 4, 2013, 02:12 AM
as long as I get a +100% tri-booster. Those things are great in extreme

Imjake
Sep 4, 2013, 02:13 AM
oh im an idiot. By post-poned I was thinking we weren't getting this update today/tonight. Not that maintenance was going to last longer.
Do self-entitled, whiny little babies really think they should get free stuff for extended down time? Holy crap

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:15 AM
Do self-entitled, whiny little babies really think they should get free stuff for extended down time? Holy crap

No, we just want free stuff in general. (and it's something they usually do)

Calm down.

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:15 AM
hello to all of the coding professionals in this thread

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:16 AM
hello to all of the coding professionals in this thread

F2P games doe too

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:17 AM
F2P games doe too

it all da same

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:19 AM
it all da same

nuhuh

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:21 AM
nuhuh
you got me!

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 02:21 AM
Oh, servers up

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 4, 2013, 02:23 AM
Oh, servers up

Not to me

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:25 AM
Servers up!!

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 02:26 AM
Oh, servers up

"Server is in maintenance right now. Not possible to start the game"

Can't even file check. :-?

And yes, precede folder is gone....

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 02:27 AM
There have been reports of files in the Windows system folder getting overwritten and other stuff getting deleted.

*wonders why no one seems to be concerned if this has any truth to it*

Wait , if the update's been postponed, why is the updater still downloading stuff on my laptop?

I certainly hope there'll be 1 day passes for anyone using AC or currently on Premium - I've got a few days more left and was hoping to use it to sell stuff from the scratch.

So is it just the new areas, the scratch, or everything's been postponed?

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2013, 02:29 AM

Trust me, some of us are worried. We just haven't said anything here.

This_Moment
"Server is in maintenance right now. Not possible to start the game"

Can't even file check. :-?

And yes, precede folder is gone....
Same here. >_<

Limbo_lag

I certainly hope there'll be 1 day passes for anyone using AC or currently on Premium - I've got a few days more left and was hoping to use it to sell stuff from the scratch.

I think it just means the loss of SEGA files in the "Program data" file.....hopefully.

Zenobia

^Bingo!

Korazenn
Sep 4, 2013, 02:31 AM

This just means that maintenance will take longer than usual. We will still get all the updates you see in my topic and thensome.

As a matter of fact, our translators may be picking up the wrong wording and using 'post-poned' in place of 'extended' (it's happened before).

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 02:32 AM

I'm now extremely glad that I've never installed PSO 2 on any PC critical to my work or school assignments... :P

@Korazenn: Ah, noted. I was actually looking forward to getting the stuff in this scratch, so if it was being postponed much longer, it would have been disappointing. That said, I'm just going to let the update finish seeing as it's nearly done, and I really have nothing else running on that laptop now.

Alenoir
Sep 4, 2013, 02:33 AM

Wait , if the update's been postponed, why is the updater still downloading stuff on my laptop?

It seem to happen if you installed PSO2 to a user-defined directory instead of the default one.

If you happen to be one of those and patched the client before they put the block up, check your HDD and see if anything has been deleted. If you can't remember, download and install Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva)to a drive other than the one you installed PSO2 on, run a scan of that drive, and attempt to rescue anything from the pits.

Dnd
Sep 4, 2013, 02:34 AM
Im not really worried about windows files being over-written, all it'd do is bring forward the day I format my harddrive.

What is concerning me is between 5-6 different people, our pso2 folders all have different sizes and according to my network card I've downloaded 8GB of data in 30 hours, a vast majority being pso2 yet my pso2 folder is the smallest?

still, The delay doesnt bother me that much, i can wait awhile longer to see my waifu in a bunny outfit :3

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 02:34 AM
Just an fyi, having looked through the win32 folder for PSO2, despite the precede folder disappearing, I still see files dated as being created today, so hopefully we don't have to re-dl everything again.

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2013, 02:35 AM

Because that has as much credibility as Sega giving everyone free 100 spin on the AC gacha for compensation.
With no link to Sega official forum discussion, or specific topic on other forum, just "some people" experiece bug that might or might not be related to this issue.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2013, 02:37 AM
I'm now extremely glad that I've never installed PSO 2 on any PC critical to my work or school assignments... :P

same...

I don't want compensation. I don't really want to listen to people like rock troll or half troll or whatever he and Cyron are doing right now, either, because it's stupid and annoying.

I just want to get through this little 'incident' and have my desktop still work, because I finished the download before, and then my computer started acting up, I'd be clicking on headers for forum posts and member names and it was trying to download sh*t.

That is by no stretch normal. I just want whatever problems there are fixed, and fixed the first time. That's it.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 02:39 AM
@Enf: O_O If it starts doing something like that on my system, I'm going to take off and nuke the program from orbit. :P

@Sizustar: Fair enough. Just seemed like it got lost in the chatter without any clarification.

@Alenoir: Ah, that's much clearer. Thanks.

Dnd
Sep 4, 2013, 02:39 AM
same...

I don't want compensation. I don't really want to listen to people like rock troll or half troll or whatever he and Cyron are doing right now, either, because it's stupid and annoying.

I just want to get through this little 'incident' and have my desktop still work, because I finished the download before, and then my computer started acting up, I'd be clicking on headers for forum posts and member names and it was trying to download sh*t.

That, is by no stretch, normal. I just want whatever problems there are fixed, and fixed the first time. That's it.

That is unrelated to pso2 afaik, i donno how it happened but i remember it happening once for me, restarting the system should clear it. also, better buckle up and grab that popcorn, this rides just begun http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2135

NexusAZ
Sep 4, 2013, 02:40 AM
same...

That is by no stretch normal. I just want whatever problems there are fixed, and fixed the first time. That's it.

I finished the update earlier and I haven't had any of these issues. I haven't had a single issue whatsoever.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:40 AM
Adding this to the OP.

Anyway sega says there will be a 4hour delay it doesn't mention if the update is going to be there so we don't know.

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 02:41 AM
an extra 4 hrs? yay...

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:42 AM
Adding this to the OP.

Anyway sega says there will be a 4hour delay it doesn't mention if the update is going to be there so we don't know.

so basically they will probably fix it by then and all will be well; carry on folx

Alenoir
Sep 4, 2013, 02:42 AM
same...

If you ever did any kind of backup to your computer, it's probably smart to run that now. If not, check and see if your system made any restore points from earlier days and try to restore to that point. (I'm on Win7 and there was one created on Sept. 1 for me, as a part of the Windows Update process.)

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:43 AM
Okay just found out from a friend the update doesn't have anything to do with the actual content they temporary stopped the patching of the file for this update so no need to worry now.

Thats what the 4hr delay is.

If your precede folder is gone or you can't patch or w/e you now know why.

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 02:43 AM
So can anyone else with the game installed in a non-default location verify the problems Enf is having?

I just verified that my stuff is still OK (I just downloaded the patch through Tweaker while in the default folder).

And as for these reports, is there a link on the JP forums or somewhere for them? It'd be pretty nice to have for those of us who are paranoid about something that can break our machines being distributed through a trusted source :/

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 4, 2013, 02:45 AM
I literally forgot whats in this update anyway. >_>

Alenoir
Sep 4, 2013, 02:47 AM
So can anyone else with the game installed in a non-default location verify the problems Enf is having?

I just verified that my stuff is still OK (I just downloaded the patch through Tweaker while in the default folder).

And as for these reports, is there a link on the JP forums or somewhere for them? It'd be pretty nice to have for those of us who are paranoid about something that can break our machines being distributed through a trusted source :/

From what I understand, in order to open the pandora box you need to have the patcher delete the precede folder for you. If the patcher didn't get to do that, then no harm done.

This (http://i.imgur.com/oPCvqQh.png) was a screenshot posted by someone on 2ch showing his/her registry with missing files, deleted by the patcher.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 4, 2013, 02:48 AM
That is unrelated to pso2 afaik, i donno how it happened but i remember it happening once for me, restarting the system should clear it. also, better buckle up and grab that popcorn, this rides just begun http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2135

That's the thing though. Neither of us know. What I 'do' know, however, is that it has A. Never done it before, and B. It started almost immediately after I managed to finish installing the update. It's suspicious.

I finished the update earlier and I haven't had any of these issues. I haven't had a single issue whatsoever.

Honestly, I'm happy for you. Really, I am. I'll be happy if nobody else reports any issues and Sega resolves this without any system-crippling incidents what-so-ever. All I'm saying is that something has happened to me, and I hope it isn't fatal to my system.

To be frank; I can't take anymore tonight. Today has been rough between this, worrying about a friend that is in a hospital in a different timezone, and just...everything.

It's 3:48am.

I'm done and spent for now.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 02:50 AM
From what I understand, in order to open the pandora box you need to have the patcher delete the precede folder for you. If the patcher didn't get to do that, then no harm done.

This (http://i.imgur.com/oPCvqQh.png) was a screenshot posted by someone on 2ch showing his/her registry with missing files, deleted by the patcher.

that's absolutely outrageous, imagine if it overwrote your boot files or other important parts of windows and seeing how the patcher has admin rights it would be totally possible
seriously sega way to fuck up

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 02:50 AM

Much thanks for that information, got a link for where that image was from? I'd love to read the report even if it'll be badly translated. Might pull some useful info out of it.

Alenoir
Sep 4, 2013, 02:52 AM
Much thanks for that information, got a link for where that image was from? I'd love to read the report even if it'll be badly translated. Might pull some useful info out of it.

Grabbed from here (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?Comments%2F%E9%9B%91%E8%AB%87%E6%8E%B2%E 7%A4%BA%E6%9D%BFVol122). The original image was hosted on the PSO2 Uploader (that blocked Comcast residential).

According to that it's from the main PSO2 thread on 2ch.

NexusAZ
Sep 4, 2013, 02:54 AM
That's the thing though. Neither of us know. What I 'do' know, however, is that it has A. Never done it before, and B. It started almost immediately after I managed to finish installing the update. It's suspicious.

Honestly, I'm happy for you. Really, I am. I'll be happy if nobody else reports any issues and Sega resolves this without any system-crippling incidents what-so-ever. All I'm saying is that something has happened to me, and I hope it isn't fatal to my system.

To be frank; I can't take anymore tonight. Today has been rough between this, worrying about a friend that is in a hospital in a different timezone, and just...everything.

It's 3:48am.

I'm done and spent for now.

I hope things take a turn for the better. I've had days like that and I know just how rough they can be. Hopefully anything wrong with you system can be fixed quickly and easily.

Whatever it may mean to you, I hope things go well for your friend. I hope they're not in there long and you and your friend have my best wishes.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 02:55 AM
Wait so the issue is for those who had predownload folders?

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:56 AM

Pretty much.

So yeah its not the actual content getting effected we actually still get that, but its rather the precede folders that are and they stopped the patching on those which is why there is also a 4hr maint.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 02:58 AM
Well lucky me then
The folders deleted themselves prior to the update for me

Alenoir
Sep 4, 2013, 03:01 AM

From what I gathered it seem to only happen if all of the below applies to you.

1. You installed PSO2 into a different directory/drive than the default one.
2. You downloaded the precede files.
3. You ran the patcher while it was working and had it finished the entire update for you.

I finished the entire patch AFAIK, but I installed my PSO2 to the default directory, so nothing was deleted from mine.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 03:03 AM
Yeah same guess I got those precede dl's to thank my updates were all done prior to this maint.

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 03:03 AM
1. You installed PSO2 into a different directory/drive than the default one.

Default being: C:/Program files (x86)/SEGA?

So basically, if our PSO2 files were installed in here (what I just mentioned above^) then you are okay?

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 03:04 AM
Default being: C:/Program files (x86)/SEGA?

Yep, that's what it looks like.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 03:05 AM
"Playin other MMOs? Not on my watch.."

EvilMag
PSO2 deletes someone's FFXIV installation:

https://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1378281617618.png

Sega knows that people are quitting PSO2 for FFXIV so they're trying to get their players back by doing this update!

Zenobia
PSO2 reads and attempts to delete someone's FFXIV files:

Oh my lord........

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 03:06 AM
PSO2 reads and attempts to delete someone's FFXIV files:

Good lord. Prepare for the fireworks.

Also...to repeat my previous question in case it gets lost in all these screenshots:

"So basically, if our PSO2 files were installed in (C:/Program files (x86)/SEGA) then you are okay?"

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 03:06 AM
@Enf: Ugh. That does sounds like a really rough day. Really hope things start looking up for you soon.

Hopefully, by the time you wake up, everything will be fixed, and you'll be greeted by the sight of lots of bunny girls roaming the lobby. XD

@Cyron, Zenobia: I wasn't paying attention to the precede folder deletion issue, but I guess I'll go check that out first thing before I update my desktop. If anything's happened to my laptop, that can't be helped, but I do have a old restore disk for it ready to go if anything's wrong.

Macman
Sep 4, 2013, 03:07 AM
So, if you used the (far superior?) PSO2 Tweaker, you weren't affected by this bug (since it doesn't support precede downloads \o/)?

*fist pump*
Or you know, have more than 3 brain cells and possess the computer literacy to know to backup your precede folder and manually apply the files yourself on update day because you never trust sega's bullshit after it burns you the first time. (all that download time down the drain...)

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 03:11 AM
Or you know, have more than 3 brain cells and possess the computer literacy to know to backup your precede folder and manually apply the files yourself on update day because you never trust sega's bullshit after it burns you the first time. (all that download time down the drain...)

Tweaker master race.

On a more related note, SEGA gave people a reason to be angry at this maintenance that isn't about the delay.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 03:14 AM
Sounds like it might just be a Win 7/8 issue?

Sanada Yukimura
Sep 4, 2013, 03:15 AM
"Playin other MMOs? Not on my watch.."

^ Made me laugh xD

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 03:15 AM
Yeah having ppls Precede folders fucked over was kinda of a new low blow on Sega's part I would be pissed if mine didn't by that time.

This is a whole new case here.

yunamon
Sep 4, 2013, 03:16 AM
Suggestion from Japanese ARKs:

Restart > F8 > Restore windows > The day before this update > ??? > Profit

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 03:18 AM
Why would you have system restore disabled.

How do you even disable it

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 03:25 AM
Why would you have system restore disabled.

How do you even disable it

If you lack sufficient HD space, or just have a crappy computer and are trying to reduce things wherever you can at the cost of security, you could disable it. Not everyone can get their hands on decent machines still, so it kinda sucks.

It's somewhere in the control panel where you can decide how much space it takes and whether or not it's even enabled.

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 03:25 AM
Hmm. Well, Recuva picked up some files deleted today. Most seem to just be Temp/Appdata stuff, with a lot being related to my antivirus, though it still seems to be working fine. Don't think I see anything critical being changed....lets just see how this pans out.

Oh, and if anyone else wants to test if their antivirus is still working, there is a "dummy" virus file you can get from http://www.eicar.org/. The file is safe, but mimics a virus, so your antivirus should block it if its still working.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 03:26 AM
system restore only makes backups of system files and drivers so if you are a power user, you can do pretty much the same thing with a windows cd/dvd so power users disable it, other people don't
so yeah, it certainly won't help at all that guy whose FF14 got deleted but it will help with the deleted registry

Alenoir
Sep 4, 2013, 03:26 AM
Sometimes you're suggested to disable and delete all your system restores when you're trying to clean some viruses. Maybe that.

Yutaka20
Sep 4, 2013, 04:37 AM
Same here. >_<

So server is still down?:o
Sorry cos i arent home now so just checking in the forum

Arialle
Sep 4, 2013, 04:39 AM
if update is post poned what happens to patched files? as i have not copoed the precede files over nor patch it ....

kazuuya
Sep 4, 2013, 04:56 AM
Whoa, reading this thread really makes me happy, that I was busy with work and live in another time zone.

Man Sega really fucked up hard this time. I'm sorry to hear that so many of you were affected by this and got files deleted.

I'm definitely not updating anything for now. <__<

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 04:56 AM
this means full patch needed now? like all 2.7gb? i did my precede's lol

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 05:00 AM
this means full patch needed now? like all 2.7gb? i did my precede's lol

Again, if you are wondering where your precede files may have gone:

"Have a quick look in your PSO2 win32 file. Despite the precede being deleted, there might have been files which have updated there successfully.

I selected all the files which were "modified/added" today (sort by date), then selected "properties". The overall size was 2.7gigs, so I believe the patch still worked."

In other words, it might have patched correctly, then deleted the precede file. Your game might still be patched correctly in that case.

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 05:13 AM
Again, if you are wondering where your precede files may have gone:

"Have a quick look in your PSO2 win32 file. Despite the precede being deleted, there might have been files which have updated there successfully.

I selected all the files which were "modified/added" today (sort by date), then selected "properties". The overall size was 2.7gigs, so I believe the patch still worked."

In other words, it might have patched correctly, then deleted the precede file. Your game might still be patched correctly in that case.

mm ok has no precede's and lots of files with todays date. so i guess im ok closer look its 1.64gb with todays date on so ill have to finish the patch when its allowed thansk for the help.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 06:59 AM
Updated OP with new info.

Emp
Sep 4, 2013, 07:07 AM
Updated OP with new info.

So 10:00 am est? Wtf?

Mysterious-G
Sep 4, 2013, 07:12 AM
I am astounished that the American majority here still bothers staying up in the middle of the night just to find the maintenance prolonged.... well, every single time?
Go to bed and enjoy your sleep, people. :disapprove:

DoubleCannon
Sep 4, 2013, 07:13 AM
lmao sometimes chrome translate makes me laugh..

We apologize that We apologize for any inconvenience to everyone.

so roughly 1:50min left to go!

DoubleCannon
Sep 4, 2013, 07:15 AM
I am astounished that the American majority here still bothers staying up in the middle of the night just to find the maintenance prolonged.... well, every single time?
Go to bed and enjoy your sleep, people. :disapprove:

agreed. however I got a nice 9 hours sleep.. wake up.. and see maint till 10am est now haha. I usually sleep in a bit more but my daughter starts school tomorrow.. time to get use to early wakeups

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 07:18 AM
I realize it was postponed, but is that everything? I was really looking forward to the new AC scratch content...and, this isn't that uncommon for Sega and other companies as well...even Blizzard had a very difficult time with larger patch updates until WOTLK came out.

I remember the game would patch and you knew you weren't playing until two-three days later while they fixed it...Sega by no means has Blizzard's team, so...I have no hope they'll ever do it correctly.

HanSoto
Sep 4, 2013, 07:21 AM
agreed. however I got a nice 9 hours sleep.. wake up.. and see maint till 10am est now haha. I usually sleep in a bit more but my daughter starts school tomorrow.. time to get use to early wakeups

Yeah, Same boat...I woke up early...not specifically to play PSO2; I just wake up early nowadays. :P Oh well....guess i'm playin Spelunky for the next 2 hours or so.

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 07:24 AM
I wake up every morning at 6:00 CST for work, and I usually start my day off setting up my Partner Machines with COs lol...guess not today, oh well =P was looking forward to this patch. No worries, it's just a game folks.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 07:25 AM
I realize it was postponed, but is that everything? I was really looking forward to the new AC scratch content...and, this isn't that uncommon for Sega and other companies as well...even Blizzard had a very difficult time with larger patch updates until WOTLK came out.

I remember the game would patch and you knew you weren't playing until two-three days later while they fixed it...Sega by no means has Blizzard's team, so...I have no hope they'll ever do it correctly.

We still get the content and the Official site as the new scratch content as well I'll post again for your pleasure though~!

AC Scratch

FUN Scratch

Added them to the OP now.

Emp
Sep 4, 2013, 07:28 AM
Inb4 maint is extended even longer AGAIN!

Railkune
Sep 4, 2013, 07:28 AM
Seems like this update has some interesting things in it, but it seems a bit dangerous to patch for now.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 4, 2013, 07:30 AM
I wake up every morning at 6:00 CST for work, and I usually start my day off setting up my Partner Machines with COs lol...guess not today, oh well =P was looking forward to this patch. No worries, it's just a game folks.

PSO2 IS SRS BUSNS >:

Kidding aside, this is one of the few times I love my time zone, updates always happen during my night and mornings so when I get home it's always up and running :P

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 07:32 AM
It's probably because prices are volatile immediately after maintenance.
If you're lucky you can get some stuff at low prices before they jump through the roof.

Houten
Sep 4, 2013, 07:33 AM
Now I'm scared to go home... I started the update when I head out for my nightshift. I hope everything is ok... since I used the tweaker to do the update.

Emp
Sep 4, 2013, 07:36 AM
Now I'm scared to go home... I started the update when I head out for my nightshift. I hope everything is ok... since I used the tweaker to do the update.

Its more like the opposite for Ac and fun scratch items. Things get cheaper as more and more jp scratch their money away.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 07:39 AM
Its more like the opposite for Ac and fun scratch items. Things get cheaper as more and more jp scratch their money away.

I think you meant to quote Taiga not him.

Emp
Sep 4, 2013, 07:42 AM
I think you meant to quote Taiga not him.

Ahh yes. I didnt see that. Ty

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 07:43 AM
Well, take the Eternal F Layer for example.
It started out at 5m and then jumped to 15m and eventually sat around 8m and never changed.

Long twin tails, 4m or so.
Went to around 6m on the second day and never back down.

Mikudayo mag, started around 3m-4m.
Soon went up to 5m and has been rising ever since.

I remember picking up a white beret for around 1.5m.
Went down to 1m briefly after, then jumped to 2m-3m+.

White gloves were around 1m at one point.
They soon jumped to 2m and haven't gone down since.

There are times I've picked up stuff for 100k when they're normally worth millions.
Sometimes items are several hundred thousands cheaper.
I think some people don't have space and want to get rid of some stuff so they can spend more AC.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 07:46 AM
That's a decent argument can't lie but most items increase due to popularity and once they have like a few people selling them and or scratch is out of rotation.

I think Eternal F is like what 8-9mill now?

Kinda glad I got it when it was freaking 7mill.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 07:46 AM
addressing the hdd issue

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 07:48 AM
addressing the hdd issue

Added to OP.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 07:50 AM
Update data after delivery (water)
Ugh, it's gonna be one of those google translations.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 07:51 AM
I didn't think anyone would like Eternal F Layer because short hairstyles tend to not be popular, so I was surprised when it started at 5-11m.
I thought it'd go lower, checked a few minutes later and all 10 or so of them were gone.
When it came back up, it was 8m+.

Wonder if someone bought them all out.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 07:54 AM
Ugh, it's gonna be one of those google translations.

Haha. Alternate translation from Excite (because my eyes are hurting too much to bother doing it myself):

I received report that partial elimination of the data in the hard disk which is not "PSO2"-related was carried out from some directions after the update data distribution on Wed., September 4, 2013.
The fault of the program proved in part that the data in the updated hard disk which is not "PSO2"-related may be deleted as a result of investigation in the company.
Distribution of update data is stopped immediately and I am making fault correction of the program.
I am very sorry for the fault of deleting your important data to be not being, and to be able to carry out an apology.
In addition, the situation which has become clear now is as follows.
Cause
Partial fault of the update program of "PSO2"
Condition
The data in the hard disk which is not "PSO2"-related is deleted.
The direction which condition may have generated
The direction which had download of update data started before 11:00on Wed., September 4 ?14:40
Since the contents of condition are crossing variably, please give [ which condition generated ] connection of fault to the following support.
Defect report
Measures
I announce, immediately after examining now the contents of correspondence to the direction which the condition which corresponded about the fault of relevance so that update might be performed normally has generated and determining.
Although I feel very sorry, since I announce you a follow-up around [ of tomorrow / 18:00 ] Thurs., September 5, please wait for a while.
I apologize for my having made you trouble to you deeply lately.

Measure:
I announce 1 tri-boost +100% and a free room item "update programmer's head on a platter" for distribution to all players with a One Time Password during this water update.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah I didn't expect Eternal F to go that high I mean I could have straight out bought it but I wanted to wait few days cause I am cheap ass.

Few days passed I checked it went up more to 7mill+ I am like wtf? So I decided to buy it then and there screw waiting lol......

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 07:59 AM
We still get the content and the Official site as the new scratch content as well I'll post again for your pleasure though~!

AC Scratch

FUN Scratch

Added them to the OP now.

tyvm...can't wait to get some scratch items!

Emp
Sep 4, 2013, 08:01 AM
That fine. Just keep giving me more Triboost tickets. I already hv more than enough as it is after ur consistent bl.unders Sega.

Z-0
Sep 4, 2013, 08:02 AM
The precede folder actually disappeared before this update. You guys may have noticed that the precede folder was gone after your launcher started downloading one file each time you launched it -- this is why when you guys patched, it took an eternity instead of the 60MB SEGA sega you'd end up patching.

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 08:04 AM
The precede folder actually disappeared before this update. You guys may have noticed that the precede folder was gone after your launcher started downloading one file each time you launched it -- this is why when you guys patched, it took an eternity instead of the 60MB SEGA sega you'd end up patching.

I wondered why it took so long...lol

While I realize other companies fail with patching...never have I seen a game deleting OTHER data - this gives new meaning to epic fail lol

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 08:06 AM
I wondered why it took so long...lol

While I realize other companies fail with patching...never have I seen a game deleting OTHER data - this gives new meaning to epic fail lol

when a company makes a patch that deletes a system file that your computer depends on to actually locate your OSs and start, and then makes this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXRFJ2ar_E

they done fucked up

do computers still turn on after the PSO2 patch? yes? then it's not as bad (serious question, I don't even know)

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 08:10 AM
Pretty sure players deserve MASSIVE compensation for this kind of screw-up...it's one thing to screw up your own game, but the OS on people's PCs...GG Sega.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 08:12 AM
sure they deserve massive compensation

I eagerly await my 100% triboost

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:15 AM
100% tri boost wont even be able to match the amount of bs that just took place.

They better give like 5-10 premium 1 day tickets or some shit lol.

We are talking about a bug that deletes things unintentionally form your hard drive to the point where your comp could be internally damaged.

Maybe to the point where you could need a new one.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 08:15 AM
yeah but this is sega

so you'll get a 100% triboost and 50 grinders

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:17 AM
yeah but this is sega

so you'll get a 100% triboost and 50 grinders

Yeah Segac.....I love you......

Hosaka
Sep 4, 2013, 08:17 AM
sure they deserve massive compensation

I eagerly await my 100% triboost

I actually said the exact same thing in my team's Skype chat.

[8:12:00 PM] Hosaka: 12 hour maint and a patch that fucks up your computer's files.
[8:12:11 PM] Hosaka: in b4 100% Tribooster compensation.

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 08:18 AM
100% tri boost wont even be match the bs that just took place.

They better give like 5-10 premium 1 day tickets or some shit lol.

I agree...1 100% tri-boost for screwing up people's computers? This could and should be categorized as a malicious software attack...That isn't sarcasm either. Is it "severe" - no - but nonetheless unwarranted and ridiculous.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 08:18 AM
JP wiki says cases where PC won't boot anymore have been reported, so yeah... some people got royally screwed.
Honestly can't imagine how SEGA will go out compensating them. They probably won't even want to touch the game anymore.

It's like RNG extending to real life. We really dodged a bullet with our OSes still intact.

Gama
Sep 4, 2013, 08:19 AM
thank god i went to sleep, i just formatted the pc a couple of hours before the maintenance downtime.

got lucky i guess.

._.

also how the hell does a launcher get permissions to mess in system files? wtf?

maybe sega has a saboteur programer slave.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:20 AM

That is lawsuit territory right there I don't even.....

And I just wanna say I called it.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 08:23 AM
I was actually going to say there'd probably be a lawsuit if it was in the US.
Don't know about Japan. Can't recall any similar cases.

That CCP games video compensation is about right for this situation.

Hrith
Sep 4, 2013, 08:24 AM
Fucking up computers of people who use third-party programs to play the game. I have not heard of anyone else having issues.

I'll be just glad with the servers coming back and everything working, compensation enough.

AC Scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20130904/New female voice is... wow.
I want my character to scream これ以上 私を怒らせないで, now. At least one cannot complain about the stellar voice acting in this game.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:25 AM
Yeah I plan to get that female voice myself sexy~!

BTW if you haven't checked JP uploader yet...well lets just say they have some shit there for you to see and it aint pretty!

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 08:27 AM
FYI you can actually connect to the servers to update now (file-checking myself, atm). I just hope to hell it isnt another 2.6gigs ON TOP of the 2.6gigs that we were supposed to avoid by doing the prepatch.

Did wonder why 60mbs took so long :argh:

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 08:28 AM
I want the new bunny costumes and the Lilipia Mag is pretty freaking awesome!

Fortunately enough, my game was working fine last I checked when I booted it up this morning before I realized they were still updating / fixing issues. Glad I just put the game in its default folder and didn't try anything too fancy.

Gama
Sep 4, 2013, 08:32 AM
its probbly terrorism.

and they make the launcher attack ff14 to remove the suspicion of a ff14 employer infiltration.

yis yis makes sence.

ill need 10000 dollars and 20 ninjas.

(joking aside)

its really bad if they make people distrust the oficial launcher.

wich in our case needs to have god rights to work

so it can mess with anything aparently.

FacelessRed
Sep 4, 2013, 08:34 AM
So yeah, I'm fairly glad that my PC kept going into full sleep mode instead of updating.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mine isn't in the default location and I got out of it unscathed, so far.
Nobody seems to be sure of the exact conditions leading to implosion yet.
Least of all, SEGA. They want people to submit their conditions.

Hosaka
Sep 4, 2013, 08:35 AM
Went through the file check and my data is apparently the latest. Problem being I still can't launch the game due to GameGuard failing to update.

It's apparently hitting some other folks too, as a couple of these (http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up68409.png) have been uploaded to pso2-uploader. I'm getting the same error.

angrysquid
Sep 4, 2013, 08:36 AM
Can anybody provide a working pso2updater.exe? i keep getting the message that its not updated

Emp
Sep 4, 2013, 08:36 AM
Fucking up computers of people who use third-party programs to play the game. I have not heard of anyone else having issues.

I'll be just glad with the servers coming back and everything working, compensation enough.

New female voice is... wow.
I want my character to scream これ以上 私を怒らせないで, now. At least one cannot complain about the stellar voice acting in this game.

What is that say in english?

Hosaka
Sep 4, 2013, 08:37 AM

"Don't make me angry any more than you already have." or something to that effect.

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 08:37 AM

gee i dunno (http://translate.google.com)

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 08:38 AM
I have not heard of anyone else having issues.

I know you're trolling, but I'm just going to say that there's a lot of stuff we haven't heard of that happens anyway. It's what happens when the world consists of more than one person.

And yes, that ri- voice is funny.
Oh, you weren't talking about that one.
Well, it's funny anyway.

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 08:39 AM
When I left this morning my game updated and ran perfectly fine, I'm a little worried now how it will be when I return tonight...

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 08:42 AM
Watch nobody will be able to boot up PSO2 or log in.....huehuehue

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 08:51 AM

Or worse.

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 08:51 AM

Yep. GG update is now messed up.

Gama
Sep 4, 2013, 08:52 AM
So ricardo explained me that the patcher would fuck your computer up downloading the pre patches aswell.

so this makes sence because i had to format windows 8 because it suddenly went crazy after i restarted it.

So

Windows 8 simptoms.

at restart:

Chrome didnt work

spotify didnt work

Windows defender didnt exist (i dont even want to coment on that)

could not start task manager (and when it did show up the pc would crash)

tried acessing metro settings, but they werent freaking there.

couldnt find any administrator tools "device manager and other stuff"

external hdd would connect but i was unable to acess the second partition on it. only the main now.

after like 10 minutes the metro ui would bug up and overlay the desktop, rendering me unable to do anything.

wireless card malfunctioned (still trying to have it working (using usb wireless until i fix it))

tried to restore to previous versions of windows. they could not be found.

gave up and formatted it.

I had pso2 in my D drive.

D\:Jogos\PSO2

Now moving the game to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 (had to create it tho)

and ill probbly backup the game to an external hdd.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 08:56 AM
the news about the issue states that only people who were updating the game on 4th september 2013 at 11:00 to 14:40 japanese time are affected, tho, not saying it's impossible that it affected you, i just don't think it actually is related

Gama
Sep 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
well if youre in windows 8. if you got hit, youll notice.

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
guess I'll see if the game is playable when I get home haha...<sigh> I recently purchased a decent amount of AC too to spend - shame Sega doesn't actually pay anyone to QC their work...

DoubleCannon
Sep 4, 2013, 09:12 AM
oh wow.. its like pso2 has become a virus to just destroy your computer lol. gg sega. this is something else I must say.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 09:25 AM
For any of you who are Having the Game Gaurd error.

Open file location on PSO2.

Delete you game guard folder.

Run the game again as you would normally and let game gaurd do its thing.

Profit.

For proof.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gkBoX2Y.jpg (http://imgur.com/gkBoX2Y)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 08:39 PM
Did anyone encounter this problem after the servers came up?

[SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.crystal-shard.com/phantasy-star/pso2-errorcode2000.jpg

[/SPOILER-BOX]

I can't save any changes to my body paint and accessories because of this, but costumes are still swappable. I'm also missing some stickers from my list, such as the White Flower. It still shows on the costume, but the default ARKS star is shown as selected in the Sticker menu instead.

Any idea what's going on?

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you may have missing files?
Try doing a file check just to make sure.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 4, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ah, I got the answer in the other thread. Seems like some stickers are bugged/missing at the moment. Thanks anyway.