PDA

View Full Version : Mad at PSO2 postponing the update? What?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:14 AM
"SEGA incompetent fucks"

I mean, seriously?
There is actually people complaining about SEGA (I'll stop calling SEGA and start calling it Sakai Team) delaying the update, because they found too many bugs.

So, people at Sakai Team, decides to push it back just to be able to fix the bugs and releasing it with a guarantee it will work. And what does some people do? Blame SEGA about this?
IN A FREE GAME, WITH NO "PAY2WIN"?

Can someone here explains me the logic?
Sure, SEGA hasn't been the best company in the last couple years, sure there is no PSO2 west, and sure, PSU was absolutely horrendous.

But we are playing right? Are there any character deleted?
It's worth your money? Please, tell me how much you have spent on this game, and how much it has given to you in return.

Someone explain me the logic here, please.

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:16 AM
basically everyone here is a coding professional and knows how update processes work

i mean

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:18 AM
basically everyone here is a coding professional and knows how update processes work

i mean

Is that sacrasm?
If it's not, allright, pehaps Sakai Team is sloppy at coding I give you that.
But what so unforgiving of a team (Sakai, not SEGA) that is trying to do a proper job?

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 02:19 AM
watch it be fixed in 30 minutes

Imjake
sigh!

supersonix9
Is that sacrasm?
If it's not, allright, pehaps Sakai Team is sloppy at coding I give you that.
But what so unforgiving of a team (Sakai, not SEGA) that is trying to do a proper job?
it was a satirical jab at pso-world

Zenobia
Go here Chaos made it vent there http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212794

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:20 AM

that made my morning, oh my god i'm looking for a sailor

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:22 AM

I actually believe this will happen.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:23 AM
Go here Chaos made it vent there http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212794

I thought that was the moral choice to do and rant on that topic.
But seriously, I really wanted straight answers and a POLITE if possible debate where I can understand why being mad at Sakai Team is correct or not.

Perhaps I'm going to be banned now, and this topic is a time bomb, but is just that it got on my nerves, that finally after all this time, we have a proper team doing something right with our beloved PSO.
They give to us free, no IP block outside japan.

They hit with a technical problem, and some people goes "Let's piss on them".
I mean, it just flipped me out.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:23 AM
Sine stahp

Don't go down this path.

The predictable realization path.

Also why'd ya'll make a rant thread outside of rants.

Also ranting about rants about

I'm not ranting about ranting about rants though, I'm just concerned.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:26 AM
Sine stahp

Don't go down this path.

Rantception!
No seriously, I'm a cool dude.
I'm relaxed, and I don't want to offend anyone.
I just want to know the different points of view.

supersonix9
Sine stahp

Don't go down this path.

oh, thanks for the warning bro lol

Zenobia
Hmmm...well while it is true they should have did a more thorough file check on this I guess its Sega being Sega and the coding staff just derping like always?

Think this makes like what? The 4th 5th time they messed up?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:29 AM
Hmmm...well while it is true they should have did a more thorough file check on this I guess its Sega being Sega and the coding staff just derping like always?

All right, but PSO2 isn't a finished product.
It's and MMORPG, let alone free.
It constantly keeps growing with every minute we decide to spend our time in there.

I don't know but, does S4, Raganrok Online, or League of Legends (kids love that these days) go flawlessly on their updates?

Didn't League of Legends just got hacked and they compromised personal data?

GuardianGirth
Sep 4, 2013, 02:30 AM
Maybe people just like to make fun of others who suck the D at their job. It can be fun. I know I do.

supersonix9
Sep 4, 2013, 02:30 AM

refer to previous posts of mine regarding coding professionals

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 02:31 AM
posting in a sega goon thread

Dionne
Sep 4, 2013, 02:31 AM
I have a question. So can I cancel the update my launcher is installing? The current update is broke right now right? So would it be logical to cancel the "update?"

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:32 AM

I hate SEGA.
I love Sakai.

Radical Dreamer
Sep 4, 2013, 02:33 AM
The guy who said "so sega once again proves they are incompetent fucks" does nothing except complain and troll on these boards. You shouldn't let what he says bother you.

Yeeeeeeeah, I guess he's bothered by what you said, though.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:34 AM
The guy who said "so sega once again proves they are incompetent fucks" does nothing except complain and troll on these boards. You shouldn't let what he says bother you.

Yeeeeeeeah, I guess he's bothered by what you said though.

I'm glad he/she noticed it.
But yet I have nothing close to a discussion or debate.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 02:35 AM
if i only complained and trolled on those forums i'd be banned months ago
next please

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2013, 02:37 AM
Some people are angry/annoyed, because they didn't get any early warning of this happening.
This might be annoying to westerner, due to the server time down at their night time, and to Eastern player, it's usually set after school, so people that just got off class, want to have fun on PSO2, can't because server is still being fixed.
But if you've played other MMO, or online game(RO, Pangya, Elsword, etc) then it's something you're used to, and just wait.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:37 AM
I have spent 0 money on this game and I haven't found a single error or bug in the game.
Thanks for AIDA team for that honestly, but they cant have all the credit.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 02:38 AM
I cant stand the whiny, self entitled little pukes these days. Everyone always bitching about how everything should be free and how they are entitled to free stuff for something like an extended maintenance. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

I know it's hard to believe, but there are plenty of people paying for this game, which hardly fits the definition of "free". They wouldn't be providing a service if they weren't earning from it.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:39 AM
All right, but PSO2 isn't a finished product.
It's and MMORPG, let alone free.
It constantly keeps growing with every minute we decide to spend our time in there.

I don't know but, does S4, Raganrok Online, or League of Legends (kids love that these days) go flawlessly on their updates?

Didn't League of Legends just got hacked and they compromised personal data?

S4 league and some of those you mentioned aren't even finished games KR s4 still ahead of NA anyway yes I do play on both of these sevrers.

Regardless though you expect mmo's not to have push backs or bugs.

If anything it would have been even worse if they had the servers up and we had came in contact with these bugs and they could have messed up anything like your char info, account info, and many other etc.

Like I said before I would rather they fix the bugs now rather than give it to us and we come in contact with it.

Anyway sega says there will be a 4hour delay it doesn't mention if the update is going to be there so we don't know.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2135

ChaosAngel92
Some people are angry/annoyed, because they didn't get any early warning
But if you've played other MMO, or online game(RO, Pangya, Elsword, etc) then it's something you're used to, and just wait.

Glad to know other games have the same issues.

supersonix9
Some people are angry/annoyed, because they didn't get any early warning of this happening.
This might be annoying to westerner, due to the server time down at their night time, and to Eastern player, it's usually set after school, so people that just got off class, want to have fun on PSO2, can't because server is still being fixed.

hey I played pangya, was fun

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:40 AM
Anyway sega says there will be a 4hour delay it doesn't mention if the update is going to be there so we don't know.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2135

So people is complaining because of something they don't know yet?

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:41 AM
Like I said F2P games...

They all have their shitty weekly botches.

It's just funny that bigger company's online games are comparable.

I'm actually disappointed that it's not a day or two long postponing on update. the longer we would've had to wait the more free stuff we would've gotten that we "didn't deserve."

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:43 AM
Like I said F2P games...

They all have their shitty weekly botches.

It's just funny that bigger company's online games are comparable.

I'm actually disappointed that it's not a day or two long postponing on update. the longer we would've had to wait the more free stuff we would've gotten that we "didn't deserve."

Wait what?
Free sutff? Like, MORE FREE?!
I didn't knew this...

My head is going to explode.

TaigaUC
It's more like. SEGA obviously has an internal version of the game to test. The version they play in the broadcasts is probably internal.

They announced this update months ago. They had plenty of time to make sure it didn't have bugs. If they weren't sure, they could have given themselves extra time for maintenance. But they didn't. This implies they didn't even bother checking whether the update was stable, and didn't even consider that it might have problems. This creates inconveniences to people who want to play and had planned ahead based on the announced time.

Whether or not the game is "free to play" or not is completely irrelevant. Even if I was providing a free service, I would not go around giving half-hearted bad estimates of time that might negatively affect others.

TL;DR = They have months to plan ahead, test and iron out bugs, and we still get delays almost every update now. They inconvenience people if they give bad times, so they should just always give an extended time and people would be happy if it ends early.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Venting about people who are venting doesn't allow a room to air out, it just creates this unbearable steam of rage that is only released once the doors of instigation are sprung open until the next update failure comes around.

NoiseHERO
Sep 4, 2013, 02:44 AM
Wait what?
Free sutff? Like, MORE FREE?!
I didn't knew this...

My head is going to explode.

grinders/prem tickets/tri-boosts/excubes

Are their usual compensation handouts and they're actually pretty useful (minus grinders)

Sizustar
Sep 4, 2013, 02:47 AM
Glad to know other games have the same issues.

If you want a terrible issue, go check EA's simcity "Online" launch on PC and MAC.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 02:48 AM
Venting about people who are venting doesn't allow a room to air out, it just creates this unbearable steam of rage that is only released once the doors of instigation are sprung open until the next update failure comes around.

Your anology is so god damn perfect. That im going to stop posting on this topic and hopefully avoid the time bomb to explode.
TaigaUC has provided me with a satisfying answer I can chew for the rest of the week.
And Rock Eastwoood just gave me a boner by mentioning free premium passes.

I guess I did got some fresh air for myself.
Hope that it didn't cost too much.
Im a selfish bastard.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 02:50 AM
If you want a terrible issue, go check EA's simcity "Online" launch on PC and MAC.

^LMFAO good times!

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 02:51 AM
everyone already forgot how my rooms were being wiped and support partner chars reset?

Limbo_lag
Sep 4, 2013, 03:01 AM
everyone already forgot how my rooms were being wiped and support partner chars reset?

Not to mention the possibility of core system files and other important stuff being possibly affected.

Chdata
Sep 4, 2013, 03:05 AM
Oh no! They found a bug and are doing the responsible thing and fixing it instead of releasing broken content! I am angerey!

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 03:17 AM
Is there a way to summon the mod godly powers and delete this topic of the plain of existence?
I've just read last topic by AIDA, and my face is now the face of a donkey.