~Aya~
Sep 4, 2013, 08:55 AM
It's a ghost town atm!

Hosaka
Sep 4, 2013, 08:56 AM
GameGuard is still erroring for me.

Shinamori
Sep 4, 2013, 08:57 AM
Another GG update. At least the servers are up. Try using Tweaker to fix GG issues.
Edit: Actually, gg is fucking for me too..

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
GameGuard is still erroring for me.

Do what Shinamori said and use tweaker to Troubleshooting -> Fix GG issues

It wasn't working about 10 minutes ago, but it seems to work now, so it was probably just a flag that was ticked or something, who knows.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:08 AM
GG is being a dick here too.

Well, it is a dick by nature. It is never not a dick.

Hosaka
Sep 4, 2013, 09:08 AM

It wasn't working about 10 minutes ago, but it seems to work now, so it was probably just a flag that was ticked or something, who knows.

Actually worked. Thanks!

Gama
Sep 4, 2013, 09:09 AM
theres a file on gameguard that bugs up frequently, i usualy create a new gg folder and rename the original one Lameguard.

the game will download gameguard and usually it fixes it.

YIS LAMEGUARD

shachao
Sep 4, 2013, 09:10 AM

And how will you do that?

Shinamori
Sep 4, 2013, 09:12 AM
The PSO2 Launcher seems to have did a automatic file check.

FightFans
Sep 4, 2013, 09:16 AM
The PSO2 Launcher seems to have did a automatic file check.

so far its currently checking at 13k. I don't know when is this going to end.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:17 AM
I deleted gameguard folder and gameguard.des, stupid PSO2PCDESTROYER does a file check and then it redownloads gameguard and works.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 09:18 AM
at 17591 iirc

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:19 AM
Jesus. How many notifications do they have to add to the special storage?
Do they think people aren't picking stuff up from special storage because they don't know it's there?
Or they know and they're trying to annoy us so that we don't use it for free storage?

Hrith
Sep 4, 2013, 09:20 AM
64 MB, ETA six hours. GG.

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 09:23 AM
For any of you who are Having the Game Gaurd error.

Open file location on PSO2.

Delete you game guard folder.

Run the game again as you would normally and let game gaurd do its thing.

Profit.

For proof.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gkBoX2Y.jpg (http://imgur.com/gkBoX2Y)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
Sep 4, 2013, 09:27 AM
About element grinding:

The element on your fodder (if it's not the same weapon) DOES NOT increase the element grind percentage, it is ALWAYS 1%.

For same weapon, you get value of the element on your weapon if the element is the same, but otherwise the element amount doesn't matter, you will get 10%.

NightSun
Sep 4, 2013, 09:28 AM
Glad to see the servers are up.
Would anyone with a working game tell me the current size of the pso2 folder?
Apparently I was missing ~2GBs of data after that whole launcher mishap.

HIT0SHI
Sep 4, 2013, 09:32 AM

Profit.

For proof.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/gkBoX2Y.jpg (http://imgur.com/gkBoX2Y)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Thanks!

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 09:33 AM
Great Segac thanks every time I switch my character I got to...

ENTER THAT DAMN PASSWORD WHEN I WANT TO CHECK THE SHOPS!!

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 09:34 AM
About element grinding:

The element on your fodder (if it's not the same weapon) DOES NOT increase the element grind percentage, it is ALWAYS 1%.

For same weapon, you get value of the element on your weapon if the element is the same, but otherwise the element amount doesn't matter, you will get 10%.

10%? Holy god fuck damn.

They mentioned they were adjusting synthesizer use during element grinding - what's the word on that? Do you use 10 now or something else that's utterly meaningless?

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:35 AM
At least with the shop code I can sleep safe knowing my PC won't be deleted.... wait.

HIT0SHI
Sep 4, 2013, 09:35 AM
Err where do you get your password to able to use the shops? :x

Z-0
Sep 4, 2013, 09:36 AM
You have to use synthesizers for all items involved in the grinding. It uses 1.5x synths for each rarity star involved (so 2 10* weapons = 30 synths). Rounds down I think.

Also I should add if the material has same element and is the same weapon, you get the element that's on the material.

Example: 30% Ice Gunbraver will be made 50% by a 20% Ice Gunbraver.

EDIT: You set the password yourself for the first time.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:36 AM
10%? Holy god fuck damn.

They mentioned they were adjusting synthesizer use during element grinding - what's the word on that? Do you use 10 now or something else that's utterly meaningless?

PSU blog has the actual numbers on the page somewhere.

Err where do you get your password to able to use the shops? :x

Click your heels together three times while saying "you sure have bad luck".

Rehal
Sep 4, 2013, 09:38 AM

Profit.

For proof.

Thanks for this...though my gameguard is downloading itself with like 2kbps ;___;

Mysterious-G
Sep 4, 2013, 09:40 AM
Not sure how to feel about the attribute grinding change yet. I mean, sure, makes it helluva lot easier for me to get my weapons done, but what gives? Everyone running around with 50 element equipment? Enemies dying even faster thanks to the dmg increase?

I was welcoming a change, but the change done is just too extreme for me. I dunno.

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:42 AM
I said to delete Gameguard too, but not like it matters.

Yeah, GJ killing the nice lighting in the lobby too, SEGA.

Houten
Sep 4, 2013, 09:46 AM
Anyone else getting super long loading time going into the lobby?

HanSoto
Sep 4, 2013, 09:48 AM
Anyone else getting super long loading time going into the lobby?

I've been waiting about 10 or so minutes now... >_>;

Still not in.

oOSAROo
Sep 4, 2013, 09:49 AM
Server Overload !!!

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 09:50 AM
Not sure how to feel about the attribute grinding change yet. I mean, sure, makes it helluva lot easier for me to get my weapons done, but what gives? Everyone running around with 50 element equipment? Enemies dying even faster thanks to the dmg increase?

I was welcoming a change, but the change done is just too extreme for me. I dunno.

Not everyone will have 50 element. After the market adjusts (this is significant - the market will change and item prices will fluctuate to meet a new equilibrium, whatever that may be) this will make element grinding what grinding should have been: A properly, reliably damage-scaled and price-scaled investment for someone to improve a weapon they wish to use in the long term.

Grinding right now is a must for most weapons to even be used in the endgame because the last few grinds are so significant. For element grinding though, you pick up a weapon that's already about 24-36 element on average, and that's only ~15% less powerful than a 50 element weapon.

This is probably the single best, most balanced, most intuitive change they've made to the weapon improvement system to date. If they could change grinding to be this good...

The one problem is this is meaningless for tech weapons. That should be changed, and they should be given a different treatment. I'd love to see tech weapons have something like +element% damage to all techs, and then a tiny bonus for using the right element. It'd be hilarious watching fire rods and element changers suddenly and briefly skyrocket in value.

HIT0SHI
Sep 4, 2013, 09:51 AM
Ok nvm, you gotta MAKE YOUR OWN password but it has to be a 5 digit number. These digits every time you press one it fucking scrambles the numbers around <_<

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 09:55 AM
Ok nvm, you gotta MAKE YOUR OWN password but it has to be a 5 digit number. These digits every time you press one it fucking scrambles the numbers around <_<

It's to avoid key loggers. You can still type it out fyi.

FWIW, on Ship 2 it looks like Attribute Change (Light) and (Fire) went up to like 1.4m. They were 400k when I bought one two weeks back. Crazy. Guess the supply is dropping or the demand spiked thanks to the attr grinding change.

MetalDude
Sep 4, 2013, 09:55 AM
The way attribute grinding is done now makes sense. The fact that it's so ridiculously hard to find another copy of a non-pyroxene 10* (that additionally has competitive Atk values) in the first place justifies having it where you should only need one other copy to almost effectively top off your current weapon. Pyroxenes will be piss easy to take care of now (which is great because I otherwise needed 1300 tundra pyroxenes to finish up my three weapons), but it's more so meant to make non-pyroxenes far more desirable now.

Houten
Sep 4, 2013, 09:56 AM
Don't use the Large Files patch, it hasn't been updated and causes infinite looping

Sorry for the noob question, how do I uninstall the large english patch?

TaigaUC
Sep 4, 2013, 09:57 AM
No new AQ weapons, it seems. That would be too easy.

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 09:58 AM
Sorry for the noob question, how do I uninstall the large english patch?

Restore a backup (if you made one), or you'll have to go back to vanilla PSO2 (check for PSO2 updates -> hit 'No' on the dialog that pops up, and it'll redownload everything and set you back to scratch). It sucks, I know, but next time remember to backup when it asks (at least, backup when going from JP -> EN, it'll save you trouble in the long run).

Akitoscorpio
Sep 4, 2013, 10:04 AM
Are we sure it's up? I seem to be permanently stuck in the blue tunnel screen after I get through the login server? Did I break something?

LordShade
Sep 4, 2013, 10:08 AM
I can't even login. all I get is error 603 which is an authentication issue. On the game AND the website.

I'm just going to blame it on the mess that is happening now and wait until tomorrow for it to clear up.

oh, it appears to be working now

gdi sega.

oOSAROo
Sep 4, 2013, 10:10 AM
check ur files again .. im sure u dont have all or current version .. and here btw the new stream pach (movie) http://download.pso2.jp/streampatch/v20101/master/2a3f360c57199a6d2b1584af961f078c.pat

ChaosAngel92
Sep 4, 2013, 10:10 AM
I can't even login. all I get is error 603 which is an authentication issue. On the game AND the website.

I'm just going to blame it on the mess that is happening now and wait until tomorrow for it to clear up.

Yep, the website seems pretty messed up.
Perhaps the number of JP players trying to solve their PC issues.

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 10:13 AM
check ur files again .. im sure u dont have all or current version .. and here btw the new stream pach (movie) http://download.pso2.jp/streampatch/v20101/master/2a3f360c57199a6d2b1584af961f078c.pat
that saves me the shit stuttering which i was just experiencing

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 10:13 AM
just got back from work finishing my update now glad i didn't start the update when the bug happened

wefwq
Sep 4, 2013, 10:18 AM
Been login normally, scratch some FUN, buy some AC stuff, thinking about going to esthe and pickup my gourd, then this message appear:

外見の編集情報に問題が発生しました。

エラーコード[2000]

I can't keep changes at all. What happened?

FoxstepCEO
Sep 4, 2013, 10:19 AM
I tried to look and see if this was already posted, so if I missed it I apologize, but here's the particular issue I'm having.

The game loads fine, but still in Japanese after I got the (NOT large files) Sep.4th update. Haven't had any GG issues but I'm sure that'll pop up sometime for me. Any suggestions on why the English patch isn't working?

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 4, 2013, 10:21 AM
Been login normally, scratch some FUN, buy some AC stuff, thinking about going to esthe and pickup my gourd, then this message appear:

外見の編集情報に問題が発生しました。

エラーコード[2000]

I can't keep changes at all. What happened?

A friend and I are getting the same error.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 4, 2013, 10:23 AM
ugh at 650 of 1844. I'll be on eventually. =/

wefwq
Sep 4, 2013, 10:29 AM
I tried to look and see if this was already posted, so if I missed it I apologize, but here's the particular issue I'm having.

The game loads fine, but still in Japanese after I got the (NOT large files) Sep.4th update. Haven't had any GG issues but I'm sure that'll pop up sometime for me. Any suggestions on why the English patch isn't working?

It's working just fine for me, are you sure your patch applied correctly?

Z-0
Sep 4, 2013, 10:31 AM
All Flame Weapons have JA boost. Dragon Slayer and Jinrai are completely outclassed.
Silica Roses has JA boost. Both Love Phoenix (the 11* rod) and Amaterasu have been outclassed.
Vise Phoenix (The rifle from Coast) has JA boost as well. I assume Iblis Blood might do but not sure.

Windmill boosts wind techs, Fish talis boosts darker damage, and others that I dunno.

I seriously just got the 11* rod to be told something far cheaper is better. -_-

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 10:37 AM
All Flame Weapons have JA boost. Dragon Slayer and Jinrai are completely outclassed.
Silica Roses has JA boost. Both Love Phoenix (the 11* rod) and Amaterasu have been outclassed.
Vise Phoenix (The rifle from Coast) has JA boost as well. I assume Iblis Blood might do but not sure.

Windmill boosts wind techs, Fish talis boosts darker damage, and others that I dunno.

I seriously just got the 11* rod to be told something far cheaper is better. -_-

Still nothing on the brule fluid, dies lieu, and azurkokaksdfj;sf I assume?

HanSoto
Sep 4, 2013, 10:43 AM
Are we sure it's up? I seem to be permanently stuck in the blue tunnel screen after I get through the login server? Did I break something?

English Large Files aren't working just yet with this patch of the game; It's what's causing that infinite loop.

Here's your Fix.

Restore a backup (if you made one), or you'll have to go back to vanilla PSO2 (check for PSO2 updates -> hit 'No' on the dialog that pops up, and it'll redownload everything and set you back to scratch). It sucks, I know, but next time remember to backup when it asks (at least, backup when going from JP -> EN, it'll save you trouble in the long run).

martinmeegan
Sep 4, 2013, 10:45 AM
JA Boost, as in just a boost, or JA Boost is their potential? Either way I can't wait to 50% my Flamme revolvers when i get home from work.

Akitoscorpio
Sep 4, 2013, 10:46 AM
English Large Files aren't working just yet with this patch of the game; It's what's causing that infinite loop.

Here's your Fix.

Ah bloody hell, I guess I don't be playing this week then at the speed that the patcher rushes to crash when I download updates.

Bellion
Sep 4, 2013, 10:49 AM
Silica Roses outclassing the Phoenix? What kind of JA Bonus percentage boost are we talking about here?

MetalDude
Sep 4, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'm curious myself. The overall T Atk plus the latent would seem to have a larger increase over Silica (although having a 10* alternative for a really powerful rod pleases me at least).

jooozek
Sep 4, 2013, 10:51 AM
i see it on shops and its only 5% at lv3 potential

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 10:57 AM
so gameguard issues......what do i cant find the post with this anymore .-.

jcart953
Sep 4, 2013, 10:57 AM
all the fuss over 5%?

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 11:01 AM
so gameguard issues......what do i cant find the post with this anymore .-.

Here.

Profit.

For proof.

Shambertin
Sep 4, 2013, 11:03 AM
thanks yuri i deleted it and its doing x/12 download hopefully it wont fail to update now

Z-0
Sep 4, 2013, 11:08 AM
Silica Roses outclassing the Phoenix? What kind of JA Bonus percentage boost are we talking about here?
It's 5%, but Phoenix only has 92 T-Atk over Roses. I've been playing with Phoenix for a while, and weather is up 80% of the time or something, meaning the 12% weather boost is almost always turned off (you cannot rely on it).

Phoenix will be better for boss rooms, Nab2/Altar TA, but otherwise you're better using Roses for better consistent damage. I suppose that the damage increase wouldn't be much more from Roses, but what annoys me is that I just invested so much into Phoenix to be told that Roses will be better for cheaper...

Also, the water weapons have Oceanid damage up.

Mysterious-G
Sep 4, 2013, 11:11 AM
So instead of having Coast only drop the second best equipment for almost every class, it now drops the best? Oh boy. Splendid area drop balancing as usual, SEGA.
Now to wait and see what drops the new area has to offer.

Kayurin
Sep 4, 2013, 11:13 AM

Here's your Fix.

I started the update around 20 minutes ago, should I stop it and go back to vanilla or I can just proceed normally with the update and then install the new files?

Shinamori
Sep 4, 2013, 11:15 AM
Soma drops
ドリルナックル (knuckles)
Drill Knuckles

ベリアルソー (Twin Daggers)
Belial Saw?

Ringa drops
アメン・ラー (Partizan)
Amun Ra
アメン・トゥム (Partizan)
Amun-Tum (?)

Zenobia
Sep 4, 2013, 11:18 AM
So instead of having Coast only drop the second best equipment for almost every class, it now drops the best? Oh boy. Splendid area drop balancing as usual, SEGA.
Now to wait and see what drops the new area has to offer.

These already have been found.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/f2zySSy.jpg (http://imgur.com/f2zySSy)
http://i.imgur.com/R29WT25.jpg (http://imgur.com/R29WT25)
http://i.imgur.com/q6UcqLI.jpg (http://imgur.com/q6UcqLI)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 11:18 AM
Ugh...hoping I can play this when I get home lol...

Bellion
Sep 4, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm okay with a 5% JA boost from the Silica Roses. Something like 8%+ and I would've gone on a table flipping spree as I did invest a decent amount into the Phoenix as well.

~Aya~
Sep 4, 2013, 11:33 AM
PSO2.JP got 504'd. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Akitoscorpio
Sep 4, 2013, 11:41 AM

Here's your Fix.

Okay rerunning the patcher and having it recheck for pso2 updates cleared out the english patchs and let me back in.

Houten
Sep 4, 2013, 11:47 AM
wow... first thing server comes back up and Falz shows up.

Here to see how his handy work turned out? maybe he will have a shot this time

HanSoto
Sep 4, 2013, 12:07 PM
I started the update around 20 minutes ago, should I stop it and go back to vanilla or I can just proceed normally with the update and then install the new files?

I believe when you update with the Tweaker it puts you back at Vanilla anyway and you have re-apply all the patches. Just don't apply the English Large Files patch, and you should be good to go. I don't really know how to do it NOT using the tweaker as I use the tweaker for literally everything. ^^

Kayurin
Sep 4, 2013, 12:11 PM
I believe when you update with the Tweaker it puts you back at Vanilla anyway and you have re-apply all the patches. Just don't apply the English Large Files patch, and you should be good to go. I don't really know how to do it NOT using the tweaker as I use the tweaker for literally everything. ^^

Thank you very much, very appreciated.

Kharix
Sep 4, 2013, 12:13 PM
Gameguard is being a dick for me as well.. How do I fix this -.-

Kamekur
Sep 4, 2013, 12:16 PM
All Flame Weapons have JA boost.

Brb I'm gonna cry in a corner for choosing fossil blower instead of Icarus ;_; .

Variant
Sep 4, 2013, 12:16 PM
Gameguard is being a dick for me as well.. How do I fix this -.-

Tweaker: Orb -> Troubleshooting -> Fix GG Issues, launch PSO

Or, rename your GameGuard folder and launch PSO.

FoxstepCEO
Sep 5, 2013, 05:04 AM
It's working just fine for me, are you sure your patch applied correctly?

I have no idea what I did, I felt like I just repeated the same steps I did before and now it works fine. I must've derped somewhere previously. False alarm on my end. And now to catch up and see what everyone's talking about. Darn dim-lit lobbies making it all dark and stuff.

Shayuna
Sep 5, 2013, 05:38 AM
sure server are up ? i loading and loading and loading to the lobby ....

Kondibon
Sep 5, 2013, 05:49 AM
sure server are up ? i loading and loading and loading to the lobby ....

That's likely because you're using the outdated english large files patch. If you backed it up restore the back ups and try the game without it. If not then run a file check.

Shayuna
Sep 5, 2013, 05:51 AM
then the large files...

Kondibon
Sep 5, 2013, 05:54 AM
then the large files...

Yes the LArge Files for the english patch are out of date, you're using the english patch right? You'll have to play without them untill they get updated. You should be fine with just the core english patch.

Railkune
Sep 5, 2013, 06:01 AM
As long as you don't run across the Emblem issue...

Zenobia
Sep 5, 2013, 06:02 AM
As long as you don't run across the Emblem issue...

Just switch your emblem then go back to it if you're getting the error 2000 message.