PDA

View Full Version : Fixing GameGuard after latest update

Ledo2013
Sep 4, 2013, 10:11 PM
I don't know if everyone had the same problem, but after the update GameGuard always download a new version, then failed to verify the game and PSO2 failed to start.
You could try as often as you want with the same result.

If you had this very problem my solution may work for you as well:

I got it working again after going into the gameguard directory (pso2_bin\GameGuard) looking for all new modified files by sorting by date and removing them (actually I moved them to a sub folder).
Essentially I removed all *.erl files and the GameGuard.ver, all in all 10 files. After that you can start the game as usual and gameguard will download new versions of those file and everything worked after that.

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 4, 2013, 10:17 PM
Where can i find this gameguard directory (pso2_bin\GameGuard)????

EDIT: NVM found PSO2_bin by using the same patch link...ok so...all *.erl files and the GameGuard.ver, all in all 10 files?

EDIT:!!!! YES IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! KISSESS!!!1111

Ledo2013
Sep 4, 2013, 10:22 PM
Of course in the PSO2 installation directory.

The English patches go into pso2_bin\data\win32 and GameGuard directory is pso2_bin\GameGuard. That is you go up 2 directories from the one you are placing the patch files into to see it.

BTW, if anyone can tell me how to access the player shops item search after the update I would appreciate this.
There now is a new dialog popping up and I can't make any sense of it. :-(

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 4, 2013, 10:29 PM
Yes what is this item password thing??? :o

EDIT: Ok heres the password thing, you need to hit the left button below then on the two spaces they provide u use the number pad to the right and type in a 5 digit password then again below.

Careful once you press a number the order of the number changes, so keep an eye on each number you press! then hit the left button below.

FoMarlBorough
Sep 4, 2013, 10:31 PM
Confirmed.
Removed 10 files dated for 9/4/13 EST.
Started PSO2, GameGuard downloaded 2 files, started as normal.

Works, Thanks!

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 4, 2013, 10:50 PM
Gives me an error when I try to change my appearance :(

外見の編集情報に問題が発生しました。

エラーコード[2000]

Also some items are missing from my accessories!!!

TaigaUC
Sep 5, 2013, 01:24 AM
Ironically, the only way to fix Gameguard is to delete it.

If only SEGA would do that too! Permanently.

Hucast-Kireek
Sep 5, 2013, 04:01 AM
last stupid question, when u get a room ticket how do you go to your big room? it only sends me to mini room. :/

EDIT: NVM found it, its on change rooms lay out.

yoshiblue
Sep 5, 2013, 04:54 AM
No question is a dumb one!

But be sure to ask anymore in our QQ:QA thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)!

BGO
Sep 6, 2013, 02:34 AM
just wanted to say this worked for me. GG was pointing me to some error website. rather then try to figure out what it was telling me I just did what the OP did and it was fixed the next time I loged on. word.....