PDA

View Full Version : New Emergency TACO - AQ...?

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 11:49 PM
So, I setup to do Nab2 TA today, and the screen shakes and there's a red siren going off, and I think Koffie said something - I couldn't read it...I enter and transported to a desolate red area filled with Darkers.

I acquired PSE bonuses rather quickly throughout and even had a Burst. While in the zone though I fought almost every darker in the game, including every Darker CO minus Persona:

Gwanahda
Dark Ragne
Wolgahda
Zeshrayda

The zone didn't include any of the winged darkers found on the coastline area or El Ahda, but the rest were in the zone - I did not find any rare variants, but I had the rare enemy PSE almost constantly. The PSE bonuses in the zone are insane, and bursting as a group would be easy.

It ends with you fighting against yourself + Falz Hunar. Solo it was very difficult and I died at the end. The zone is pretty brutal - there are numerous obstacles, and some new things I have not seen before - moving platforms as you step onto them - not a constant conveyor until you're on & platforms that fall like in a Mario game.

It was quite a challenging zone to solo, especially with a new EC where an infected gunship chases you firing homing rockets & a mini-gun until you destroy its infected control center.

Has anyone else done this yet...? I had 1hr to complete it - no stones actually drop, but it's setup very similar to an AQ.

Horosha_Onikage
Sep 4, 2013, 11:50 PM
That strangely sounds like the "Darker's Den" area that occurs if you are abducted when starting a TA quest. Someone with more experience would have to chime in, I have yet to witness my own abduction.

Rexob
Sep 4, 2013, 11:53 PM
Ahhh...that's probably what it was - quite challenging solo, and you better go in with full Mates and a Light weapon. I enjoyed the challenge though - you end up fighting a LOT of different combinations of units & obstacles and many times while fighting a CO.

The infected gunship + Zeshrayda + obstacles was a massive pain...I honestly don't know how other classes would pull some of it off. I play GU/HU and never hit the ground to keep moving and avoiding endless volleys of everything lol...

You can't touch 50% of the ground most of the time...all the while dodging incoming attacks of all sorts.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 4, 2013, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiWANqcWCwE

Rexob
Sep 5, 2013, 07:00 AM
That was it, and my experience is based as a GU 51 / HU 39

Punisher106
Sep 5, 2013, 07:54 AM
Congratulations, you've been abducted. If you beat that quest, you would have been able to have clones of yourself appear throughout the game, attacking other players. I've only been there three times, but it's my favorite thing about this game, tbh.

Rexob
Sep 5, 2013, 09:31 AM
It was fun and quite challenging as a GU 51 / Hu 38, wish the game had more challenging content...with a party I can see it being a LOT easier, but to solo was quite entertaining.

Crysteon
Sep 5, 2013, 10:15 AM
Challenging? Not anymore, sadly, with all those nerfs Den has now. When Lv 50 was the cap, gunships actually had better aim, and fences that blocked your way and making you fight bosses, it was something to be wary of.

CloudChaser
Sep 5, 2013, 10:28 AM
Can you only get abducted soloing a taco?

Punisher106
Sep 5, 2013, 10:30 AM

A full party can be abducted, but it's more likely to happen to you solo, since fewer flags are needed for the abduction to trigger.

Rexob
Sep 5, 2013, 01:07 PM
Challenging? Not anymore, sadly, with all those nerfs Den has now. When Lv 50 was the cap, gunships actually had better aim, and fences that blocked your way and making you fight bosses, it was something to be wary of.

For my first time and only being Lv51/39 it was quite challenging. It was my first time being abducted and had no idea what I was getting into. Going forward I'll be better prepared, and I can see where if my main was 60 and my sub higher it would be easier.

strikerhunter
Sep 5, 2013, 01:09 PM
For my first time and only being Lv51/39 it was quite challenging. It was my first time being abducted and had no idea what I was getting into. Going forward I'll be better prepared, and I can see where if my main was 60 and my sub higher it would be easier.

IMO, den is still the hardest content so far.

No. You can get abducted soloing and grouping.

Rexob
Sep 5, 2013, 01:25 PM
The most challenging part for me was the limited terrain you could actually step on safely...I'm used to very open spaces where there is nearly unlimited maneuvering space, but between the terrain that hurts, mines, traps, & turrets all while dodging a variety of enemies, the combination made it entertaining to say the least.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 5, 2013, 07:16 PM
Happened to me and my buddy the other day, it was quite an intense experience. There really needs to be more stressful quests like that.

strikerhunter
Sep 5, 2013, 07:47 PM
The most challenging part for me was the limited terrain you could actually step on safely...I'm used to very open spaces where there is nearly unlimited maneuvering space, but between the terrain that hurts, mines, traps, & turrets all while dodging a variety of enemies, the combination made it entertaining to say the least.

You are just lucky you are only dealing with modern DD. Before DD was nerfed, those puddles used to be a killer.

For melees, it's going to be tougher since a lot of the mobs spawns/stays on the waters while being aware of the ship/mines/turrets/traps.

Ranged classes has it easier by just avoiding the waters and staying by the bridges or land and just be aware of what's coming at them.

What made DD interesting (for me) is that to advance, you have to complete codes or kill a boss to open up the wall and there were lots of bosses and even more with the optional ones (3 more I think? two Wolgs, 1 ragne). Guess you can say it had some of the PSU/PSO elements in it since it really is actually more dungeon-like-crawler.