PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Character bugs when performing Lobby actions!?

X117 Impulse
Sep 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
Okay for all those reading this, come here and post some weird bugs involving your character whether its a certain PA move or just simply a weird looking lobby action.

For me, I made a Female Cast called Tachikoma and Ive been trying to find out why is it that when she performs her "sit 2" her hand are not on her knees, instead the arms stop right above the the legs and the hands (with the same folded animation as if they were on knees) just hover over the knees. It has been puzzling me for a few days now and I have done everything I could to fix it.

There are a few factors that may be at play here.
1. The 1st and for me the most probable possibility is that some of the outfits are bugged. Tachikoma is wearing (エミリアスイムウェア Emilia Swimwear) every time I notice the bug clearly, and the spacing between her hands and legs when she sits is also a problem when sitting in one of the seats in the Arks Lobby.

2. Another possibility could be that the character creator could be an issue with this due to the fact that certain changes on the limbs can make huge changes on the final look and perhaps there is a physical motion change that they could impose when actually performing certain actions in game with your character.

3. My last possibility is that it is a bug with the female cast but I have also seen other females with the same issue when sitting (A Newman to be specific)

Well all 3 of the above possibilities are just theories that I came up with, it has really been bothering me as of late and I would love opinions from the community. Hopefully for me the best case scenario is that it ends up being a bug that Sega just hotfixes in a near future patch. All in all its not a big big deal but I'm the type of person where these little things kinda get at me.

In closing, everyone post a possible fix to this and any bug you have possibly encountered. Whether is the same as my glitch or any, I would like to know them all. Thank you for reading and have a great day!

P.S. In the character creator they have a preview option for facial expressions (very good for those who are trying to perfect their desired character's face) what SEGA should add to this is a preview option of all the Lobby actions in order to see what you can change)

P.S.S. I also have tried everything to fix this except going into my dang files and moving something lol. I have downloaded the latest character creator and made her into the best character I could and tried making all the limbs and so ons as not weird as possible, I also have 2 accounts and 1 of them is the one on which im remaking her over and over and over in order to see for myself what the heck I did wrong... oh well I guess :-(

dejixal
Sep 5, 2013, 03:10 PM
My guess that it is most likely due to your character being of small size. I believe most, if not all of the lobby action animations are the same across all characters, so any characters that are on the smaller end or the larger end of the spectrum will see issues such as yours or maybe even clipping issues.

Walkure
Sep 5, 2013, 03:11 PM
Welcome to clipping/character model problems!

Lobby actions have characters going through roughly the same motions with body movements, even if actual models are radically different. Most obvious with rappy costumes, as they have hilarious issues with some animations.

The closer your model is to the calibrated "standard" i.e. loli or average male, the more likely you won't have issues with this.

X117 Impulse
Sep 5, 2013, 03:12 PM
My guess that it is most likely due to your character being of small size. I believe most, if not all of the lobby action animations are the same across all characters, so any characters that are on the smaller end or the larger end of the spectrum will see issues such as yours or maybe even clipping issues.

She is actually 168 tall, so I don't think that is the issue.

dejixal
Sep 5, 2013, 03:28 PM
She is actually 168 tall, so I don't think that is the issue.

It isn't just a matter of height. Ratios, widths, and what-not can each factor into it depending on which animation you are using.

Kondibon
Sep 5, 2013, 03:31 PM
The closer your model is to the calibrated "standard" i.e. loli or average male, the more likely you won't have issues with this.
Why does everyone think "loli" is the standard? They have just as many issues as really tall characters. That's why I remade my newman. x:

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 5, 2013, 03:36 PM
Indeed
Short characters and large characters are bound to have the same problem because the actions are so clearly based on average/default.

And there is more to it than that, such as legs, arms, chest, etc.

If you wide hips, you'll run into issues
If you have long arms, you'll run into issues
If you have big breasts, you'll most certainly run into issues

Inazuma
Sep 6, 2013, 01:55 PM
If you have big breasts, you'll most certainly run into issues
Pros and cons.

Punisher106
Sep 6, 2013, 02:04 PM
How about awkward posing?

[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/4kCJG.jpg[/spoiler-box]