PDA

View Full Version : Hit Launch, Blue Screened, Is Everything Okay?

Nikoshae
Sep 5, 2013, 03:16 PM
Sorry to make yet another thread about this, but I wanted to convey my situation and see if anyone had some advice.

I hadn't played for the past couple of days (as many others), but I'd downloaded the update during the normal maintenance. I read about people crashing, things not working right in-game, compensation for Windows and Final Fantasy files being deleted, et cetera.

Today I updated the English files, and opened up the default launcher. Distracted, I didn't think anything of it when I didn't have a new update to download, so I hit the launch button. Moments later I get blue screened, and Windows restarts. Everything seems to be okay, but now I'm cautious. I'm running a file check, and will try launching the game again without the English files, but ... is there something else I should do? Does this sound similar to anyone else's experience?

I'm a bit nervous now.

Nuclearranger
Sep 5, 2013, 03:23 PM
Your fine. GG updates and sometimes bluescreens PCs.... sucks but your safe...

Gama
Sep 5, 2013, 03:26 PM
Niko dont install the large files patch. just the regular patch. i would advise you getting AIDAS tweaker since it now displays the status of the patches and if they are compatible or not.

do the file check and instal only the basic patch. if it still crashes or blue screens, if that dosent work, delete gameguard folder and replace it by this.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dvhty6hedfd82lx/Gameguard.zip

if it also fails, update net framework. 3.5 and 4

update or reinstall gfx card driver.

update direct x.

this is what i would do if i had your problem. sorry if it dosent solve any problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but yeah might just be gg acting up. like Nuclearranger said.

Nikoshae
Sep 5, 2013, 04:14 PM
File checked completely, it redownloaded some stuff, and I even deleted Gameguard folder for good measure ... which it redownloaded. Seems to work now. I'll try adding in the English files shortly.

Oh, and I'd downloaded the thing you suggested, Gama, but it turns out I didn't need it. But thanks for that!

Thanks for entertaining my concerns ... maybe this topic will help others :)