PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Getting a Great Photo

DoubleZero
Sep 5, 2013, 08:30 PM
I was perusing the fashion and screenshot threads, and it got me wondering; How do you folks take such nice pictures? I see all these great pictures of poses, and close-ups a lot better than the in-game camera controls allow.

So how do you guys and girls do it? Can you share some of your tips and tricks to better screen-capping?

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 5, 2013, 08:31 PM
- For Zoom in
/ and * to move the camera up and down
Find a place that seems fitting for what kind of picture you're taking

Get close to a wall without getting too close

STRIKE A POSE

As for action shots
Zoom in, get your character centered
Time it right.

BIG OLAF
Sep 5, 2013, 08:35 PM
Try not to get your characters head cut off, either. Not even the very top. Makes the picture look bad, in my opinion. Leave a little bit of room between the top of the frame and their head.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 5, 2013, 08:39 PM
Try for fullbody or waist up if you can't get a close enough fullbody
Head cut-off isn't a big deal unless it's incredibly obnoxious.

Sometimes things look better if you aim for cut-off

Pretty much as long as you can see the face you're good

Lostbob117
Sep 5, 2013, 08:41 PM
You can also use photoshop to make the picture look better.

DoubleZero
Sep 5, 2013, 08:54 PM
Once I can get out of being stuck in the 'tube' loading screens, I'll be sure to give these tips a try. Thanks, everyone!

Ezodagrom
Sep 5, 2013, 09:26 PM
Once I can get out of being stuck in the 'tube' loading screens, I'll be sure to give these tips a try. Thanks, everyone!
Don't use the large files patch from the english patch, use only the core english patch, since the large files patch isn't ready yet for the current version of the game (outdated large files patch usually causes infinite loading screen).

DoubleZero
Sep 5, 2013, 09:52 PM
I've uninstalled the large-files patch, but the problem is still persisting. I guess I could redo the file-check or re-download the update.

Ezodagrom
Sep 5, 2013, 10:00 PM
I've uninstalled the large-files patch, but the problem is still persisting. I guess I could redo the file-check or re-download the update.
Hmm, yeah, doing a file check is probably the best option. After the file check, apply only the core english patch.

Natsu Nem
Sep 5, 2013, 10:21 PM
Take multiple takes of the screenshots and out of all of them, choose the best one.

I recall one moment where I took over 300 screenshots just for one to reach my standards.

Shirai
Sep 5, 2013, 10:33 PM
Don't forget lighting!

supersonix9
Sep 5, 2013, 10:34 PM
just be fabulous

ChaosAngel92
Sep 6, 2013, 02:07 AM
Also, raise the graphic settings of the game to max.

Zysets
Sep 6, 2013, 12:31 PM
Take multiple takes of the screenshots and out of all of them, choose the best one.

I recall one moment where I took over 300 screenshots just for one to reach my standards.

Ah I know that feeling. I take tons of screenshots of the same thing until I find one that I like.

Vintasticvin
Sep 6, 2013, 01:10 PM
just be fabulous

D: But there can only be one Sine!

KazukiQZ
Sep 6, 2013, 01:17 PM
Also, raise the graphic settings of the game to max.

Hope for one day I can achieve this...My current PC is not so top-notch >.<

Lostbob117
Sep 6, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hope for one day I can achieve this...My current PC is not so top-notch >.<

It doesn't take a top notch pc for good graphics on pso2.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 6, 2013, 02:29 PM
Go the extra limit and AO

Sizustar
Sep 8, 2013, 04:51 AM
Go the extra limit and AO

And use at least 1440P resolution