PDA

View Full Version : block 20

iridesence
Sep 6, 2013, 10:50 AM
about ship 2 block 20.

i awalys notice that whenever i fight to get in the block during prime hours from it being full, once i get in half of the people in the lobby are afk or not playing the game.

it awalys grinds my gears too. if your not going to be playing the game at least switch blocks so that others who want to play the game can access the block and play with others in there.

/rant off/

NeverDT
Sep 6, 2013, 11:04 AM
The logic of most players who play on b20, as they say themslves, is "the lobby is meant for idling". Apparently this is a PSU thing but I didn't play PSU so I can't be sure.

In any case, the fact that most people idle on it makes it a bad block to play on generally. Half the time TACO group leaders ignore people who want to join their parties (even 60/60s) and most of the stronger teams don't use it anymore (most of the stronger players on b20 play in their own groups).

so your best bet is to learn to do JP TACOs, because they can take as little as half the time of the average english TACO, and join a team for all your other grouping needs.

Scale of Judgment
Sep 6, 2013, 11:18 AM
b20 where the laws of physics does not apply.

Akitoscorpio
Sep 6, 2013, 12:04 PM
Block 20, where everyone knows your name (because it's floating over your head)

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 6, 2013, 12:07 PM
I don't see how it grinds your gears when block 20 is a normal block

Akitoscorpio
Sep 6, 2013, 12:09 PM
I don't see how it grinds your gears when block 20 is a normal block

I think it's because it's (to my rather novice understanding) the main hangout for English players.

pkemr4
Sep 6, 2013, 12:19 PM
Half the time TACO group leaders ignore people who want to join their parties (even 60/60s).

this is what grinds my gears in B20..... also unless your party has 50/50 in main and sub then more then likey its gonna be a painfull and moon spamming adventure....

dark maaz
Sep 6, 2013, 12:23 PM
The logic of most players who play on b20, as they say themslves, is "the lobby is meant for idling". Apparently this is a PSU thing but I didn't play PSU so I can't be sure.

In any case, the fact that most people idle on it makes it a bad block to play on generally. Half the time TACO group leaders ignore people who want to join their parties (even 60/60s) and most of the stronger teams don't use it anymore (most of the stronger players on b20 play in their own groups).

so your best bet is to learn to do JP TACOs, because they can take as little as half the time of the average english TACO, and join a team for all your other grouping needs.

B20 is like PSU's Uni 1/2 depending on when you played floor 4. That is where everything went down for Idling. I just wish the Idlers would go to the shop area and then the gate area would be like floor 5 during events; only for missions.

Zenobia
Sep 6, 2013, 12:48 PM
Well I can say there are some assholes there now who actually deny people of TA runs because of there gear. I mean sure you don't semi slow runs but damn they want to make money just like you're and to deny them that much is kind of a dick move.

Me personally when I go there for TA runs I will take anyone who meets the lvl RQ for VH which is lvl 40. Cause I only want to do one thing get dat money lol.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 6, 2013, 12:53 PM
I could name the name of 3 users who I always see them on the lobby, and they do nothing else but chat about the most stupid stuff I have seen.
Also, the name of other 2 users who doesn't do anything else but dance with their skimpy clothes.

The most impressive thing is that all of them have the most expensive clothes and accessories, so it makes me wonder when do they play to get all their money from.

Also it makes me wonder why we haven't took other block.
Why we have to stuck on b20 when there is other 35 blocks?

I propose we designate a new one.
By the way, what happened to block 2?

Vintasticvin
Sep 6, 2013, 01:04 PM
Block 20 is the new 2. I remember declaring that we needed a secondary block but all the piss ants were like go stick your dick in a hive of wasps... So I quitted and met others via block hopping and pso-w meet n greets.

dark maaz
Sep 6, 2013, 01:11 PM
I could name the name of 3 users who I always see them on the lobby, and they do nothing else but chat about the most stupid stuff I have seen.
Also, the name of other 2 users who doesn't do anything else but dance with their skimpy clothes.

The most impressive thing is that all of them have the most expensive clothes and accessories, so it makes me wonder when do they play to get all their money from.

Also it makes me wonder why we haven't took other block.
Why we have to stuck on b20 when there is other 35 blocks?

I propose we designate a new one.
By the way, what happened to block 2?

I have been saying this for the longest! But I said for all the better players to have a secret block or just players that would rather do missions but nobody listened to meh.

Chdata
Sep 6, 2013, 01:14 PM
Why not make B21 our secondary. Seems like an obvious choice.

KazukiQZ
Sep 6, 2013, 01:15 PM
I said this before, but need to say it again.
Let's advertise Block 21 and/or 22 as the English Blocks.

Chdata
Sep 6, 2013, 01:16 PM
Two blocks seems fine to me imo

B21 - Official 'non-idle find a team' block ;p?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 6, 2013, 01:17 PM
I said this before, but need to say it again.
Let's advertise Block 21 and/or 22 as the English Blocks.

sounds like a plan for me.
But I would preffer Vita blocks, since its far away from the b20.

KazukiQZ
Sep 6, 2013, 01:19 PM
Vita? You mean the shared blocks? Sounds good too. Vita players can join too :D

So, what block numbers?

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 6, 2013, 01:20 PM
If you're going to utilize shared blocks hit up B218. English players frequent there.

Inazuma
Sep 6, 2013, 01:52 PM
Block 20 is the Very Hard Coast block. Unfortunately, there are a ton of players there doing anything but VH Coast, which defeats the purpose and the whole thing is ruined for everyone else.

Chdata
Sep 6, 2013, 01:54 PM
Nobody does MPA much anyway unless it's your team or a newly released area. Plenty of people did coast MPA in B7-10 when it was new, as you are seeing with quarry now.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 6, 2013, 01:54 PM
Block 20 is the Very Hard Coast block. Unfortunately, there are a ton of players there doing anything but VH Coast, which defeats the purpose and the whole thing is ruined for everyone else.

I thought English speakers just defy that rule since we are a minority, and hence we play everything in 1 block.

Z-0
Sep 6, 2013, 03:04 PM
You're best using a bottom version of a block type (such アドバンス or プレイスタイル) rather than sticking to one block. My team block changes every time they update the block names so we don't use high-traffic blocks or anything of the sort.

pkemr4
Sep 6, 2013, 04:18 PM

Quarry 10* katana Which doesnt drop from a rare mob > Agito

im suprised people havent realized this xD

Zenobia
Sep 6, 2013, 04:20 PM
Quarry 10* katana Which doesnt drop from a rare mob > Agito

im suprised people havent realized this xD

Hah been noticed sense the new update was in and jp wiki was updated checked it on day 2 of the patch,

Also a bow also drops from that same enemy btw.

Yamishi
Sep 6, 2013, 04:26 PM
I second the motion for block 218, both because it's a place where a lot of EN players hang, and it's Vita-accessible.

pkemr4
Sep 6, 2013, 04:31 PM
Hah been noticed sense the new update was in and jp wiki was updated checked it on day 2 of the patch,

Also a bow also drops from that same enemy btw.

which jp wiki? (iirc there was 2 diferent ones i think)

Zenobia
Sep 6, 2013, 04:52 PM
which jp wiki? (iirc there was 2 diferent ones i think)

I use this one always.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/

Z-0
Sep 6, 2013, 04:54 PM
I am pretty sure people are aware of the new Quarry Katanas, but people want Agito just because its Agito, not for its power.

Zenobia
Sep 6, 2013, 05:00 PM
I dont even want the new quarry Katana and I am still holding onto my Agito cause I feel its going to get expensive in due time.

EvilMag
Sep 6, 2013, 05:00 PM
I am pretty sure people are aware of the new Quarry Katanas, but people want Agito just because its Agito, not for its power.

I get the feeling most want Agito is because they assume you'll be able to upgrade one to Orotiagito.

Gama
Sep 6, 2013, 05:18 PM
ive done tacos with team mates and friends mostly. if someone is a dick, ill just bl them and move on.

no fuss no drama.

dark maaz
Sep 6, 2013, 05:22 PM

Are the new Katanas all class or multi-class? If not that would be a good reason on keeping the Agito.

Macman
Sep 6, 2013, 05:35 PM
I think we're all missing the big issue here: Why the hell was OP trying to get into B20? :-?

Zenobia
Sep 6, 2013, 06:44 PM
Are the new Katanas all class or multi-class? If not that would be a good reason on keeping the Agito.

They aren't.

~Aya~
Sep 6, 2013, 06:47 PM
i like B20 in small doses.. >~>;;;

dkgaby69
Sep 7, 2013, 07:51 AM
sounds like a plan for me.
But I would preffer Vita blocks, since its far away from the b20.

agreed!

ZER0 DX
Sep 7, 2013, 10:02 AM
I get the feeling most want Agito is because they assume you'll be able to upgrade one to Orotiagito.

I just want Agito because Braver is going to be my subclass.

Lostbob117
Sep 7, 2013, 10:15 AM
Only time I go to B20 is to OE Falz Core or give up hope of finding a mission to do.

(protip: Have someone in your party when doing this, just incase you die. They'll will say "Don't revive the troll")

They end up reviving you cause other people die.

KazukiQZ
Sep 7, 2013, 03:39 PM
Hmm just checked a few times, B-218 is pretty empty? :confused:

blace
Sep 7, 2013, 03:44 PM
Block 218 is more of a gathering place to recruit for teams rather than an actual gathering place for english speaking players as most of them are still lingering around the PC blocks.

There aren't that many Vita players around to crowd up the block.

Chdata
Sep 7, 2013, 04:36 PM
Only time I go to B20 is to OE Falz Core or give up hope of finding a mission to do.

(protip: Have someone in your party when doing this, just incase you die. They'll will say "Don't revive the troll")

They end up reviving you cause other people die.

Get a GuHu to chain trig the core while you WB.

Zenobia
Sep 7, 2013, 04:47 PM
Y'all some evil nikkahs the hatred for B20 so strong with you 2 lol.

Railkune
Sep 7, 2013, 04:50 PM
I don't really get the problem with B-20.

KazukiQZ
Sep 7, 2013, 04:59 PM
It's just sometimes the block's full and the EN (and non-premium) players that didn't get in there are pretty much scattered across all blocks.
If another block is considered as English block, the pressure toward entering B20 can't be decreased a little. Well, this is just my opinion :3

NeverDT
Sep 7, 2013, 05:01 PM
I don't really get the problem with B-20.

I think the main points which have been brought up in this thread are

1. it's full too often for new or non-premium players to take the effort to get in, and oftentimes the "full" comes from people who are AFKing anyway
2. groups often have issues forming because of the above and because group leaders sometimes don't notice people who want to join their groups (I prefer the JP method of making party at counter, then leaving it to people who want to join from there)

also there is a lot of animosity within the english community as a whole, but I think that's mostly reserved for people who play privately or infrequently.

I'm not at all opposed to having a primary english block for people who want to play (in fact I would support it), but it's easier said than done and most of the people I know that want to play do so within their teams or are capable of running with JP groups.

yoshiblue
Sep 7, 2013, 05:13 PM
I'm sure this song will cover it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP2dAf3D-VY

Railkune
Sep 7, 2013, 05:20 PM
Ah, I think I get it. I mean, I've only been to B-20 but a handful of times since my team and myself generally play in less populated blocks period. I suppose the times I did go to enjoy B-20 it was a 'refreshing' change of pace, with a few laughs here and there. Maybe I'll try hanging out there every now and again to get a better feel for your concerns lol.

Nikoshae
Sep 7, 2013, 05:47 PM
I rarely go to B20, but when I do it's always the same nonsense at the Gate Area. People shouting things, Symbol Arts of weird things, and lots of people AFK'ing. I understand OP's frustration. Problem is if we say, hey, here's another alternate block ... you're going to see the same crap there as well.

I generally play with teammates, friends ... and I only worry about them lol ... my character may look immature, but I prefer mature company =p

(Mature company ... in my team? wut?)

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2013, 02:54 AM
During the whole Coast rush around release, the MPAs were actually mostly on 21/22 if not the general VH blocks.

Really though, all of those [Difficulty][Area] blocks are empty 90% of the time. They only fill up during an EQ, and only after the general VH blocks fill up, and then only the VH Forest blocks fill, and not even during a Forest EQ :wacko: