PDA

View Full Version : Was crystal farming nerfed as well?

Chdata
Sep 7, 2013, 04:08 AM
I remember a few threads back that crystal farming would be nerfed too.

Has it been?

(From what I read, crystal farming was where a 12 mpa would be set up where everyone goes into separate MPAs until a crystal Etrial appears and everyone joins that MPA).

Was that even what crystal farming was?

Do note this is a yes or no question so if you must argue over facts, at least try to be receptive to figuring out what's true or false.

edit: jsyk, energy crystal Etrial upon completion increases chance of PSE occurence, basically guaranteeing a very, very long PSE burst.

I'll speculate that it was "nerfed" by PSE bursts being nerfed in general and that they didn't make some sort of change to the actual Etrial.

Was going to ask in other thread, but closed <.<

Kamekur
Sep 7, 2013, 04:13 AM
I remember a few threads back that crystal farming would be nerfed too.

Has it been?

(From what I read, crystal farming was where a 12 mpa would be set up where everyone goes into separate MPAs until a crystal Etrial appears and everyone joins that MPA).

Was that even what crystal farming was?

Do note this is a yes or no question so if you must argue over facts, at least try to be receptive to figuring out what's true or false.

edit: jsyk, energy crystal Etrial upon completion increases chance of PSE occurence, basically guaranteeing a very, very long PSE burst.

There's no omen for the crystal code. Players that join after the omen won't count as additional players for the burst. IE. if 4 players are in the area when they find crystals, when all 12 players burst, they get spawns for 4 players. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not entirely sure.

Moocast
Sep 7, 2013, 08:11 AM
There's no omen for the crystal code.

Yeah there is one. The omen pops up as a flash of colors across the screen with a specific sound effect. Now, back when I used to hunt them with an old team anyone who got the omen would stand completely still in the area, allowing the remaining players to join up before the crystal code triggered. However, I'm fairly certain that as long as you make it into the area AND trigger the code before it finishes, it will still qualify that person for the burst spawns.

Conversely, anyone who joins the area after the code has finished will not "qualify" for the burst spawns (In past games, I've had it where the cburst counter doesn't even show up on my screen if I join after the code finishes :-( )

Honestly, it really feels like crystals don't show up as much though

Z-0
Sep 7, 2013, 08:52 AM
He knows about the omen, what we're thinking is that the omen will not appear in quests where people can freely join, such as free field.

BlankM
Sep 7, 2013, 09:03 AM
Yes I haven't had it happen in an MPA since the patch.

Link1275
Sep 7, 2013, 09:24 AM
They made it so that you couldn't do crystal farming anymore by making it so that you have to have everyone in the MPA, because the Crystal Omen doesn't show up in advance anymore.