PDA

View Full Version : Patching is so annoying!

loool
Sep 7, 2013, 05:32 PM
Patcher keep failing and doesn't save. I have to keep downloading everything all over again... Is there a mirror site for patch release or something to save if it fail? Anything at all!?

PokeminMaster
Sep 7, 2013, 05:42 PM
I believe the PSO2 Blog (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/) has links to manual downloads, but they're fan-uploaded...

Otherwise, you could try using the Tweaker, but you may already be doing that or not want to do that...

loool
Sep 7, 2013, 05:51 PM
The Tweaker guide is confusing... *sigh* Guess I'll give it another try.

Vandread
Sep 7, 2013, 05:52 PM
Filepacks linked on bumped are the precede files only. That won't really dent patchsize by that much, I think.

PokeminMaster
Sep 7, 2013, 05:53 PM
Actually, I hear people say the Precede Files are worth getting, but I could be wrong... Idunno

As for the Tweaker, all you have to do is download the File and open it, it will set itself up. From there, it's simple to update the Tweaker itself, and the game, as well as install any English Patches, if you use them

Vandread
Sep 7, 2013, 05:56 PM
Depends... if its a fresh install, I don't think it'll matter that much since there's a ton of files you'd have to get. If it's an update from before 4th of August, then yes, it'd be worth it cause then it'd only be 60 megs.

Kondibon
Sep 7, 2013, 06:03 PM
Patcher keep failing and doesn't save. I have to keep downloading everything all over again...

It does infact save and doesn't start over, the bar only shows how much you've downloaded of what you have left, so if you cancel the download or it fails then when you start it back up then it starts from where it left off. You're still better off using AIDA's tweaker though since it's more stable. Especially after that last HD wiping debacle.

loool
Sep 7, 2013, 06:03 PM
Alright, thanks guys. Looks like the Tweaker is working nicely. 2686 files to download... :(

HanSoto
Sep 7, 2013, 06:08 PM
You're still better off using AIDA's tweaker though since it's more stable. Especially after that last HD wiping debacle.

Pretty much this. I've used the tweaker since I've started playing the game, and I've never had any kind of serious issues with patches or updates. It seriously simplifies your life.

gigawuts
Sep 7, 2013, 07:51 PM
you literally download it and click "check for updates"

or is there more to it, and if so am I a wizard? because that's all I had to do

I guess you have to click to check for the patch's updates too, so maybe that's where all the work is

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 7, 2013, 07:53 PM
Even if you use tweaker, I'd still suggest downloading the precedes
When it comes time to update, paste em into the data folder and I assume tweaker won't download them

Korazenn
Sep 7, 2013, 11:51 PM
There's a Tweaker guide?

Sounds like something a certain helper bot may need to work on. :whip:

KazukiQZ
Sep 8, 2013, 06:09 AM
^lol

Also, does the latest update had been treated as regular update now? Or still in precede form?
If it's the former, AIDA's Tweaker can download the update just fine.