PDA

View Full Version : FOmar on PSO2?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 8, 2013, 12:31 AM
Well, I just got a kick in the nuts by the nostalgia and I decided I wanted to create a FOmar.
So, I've decided to go with Duman for no special reason.

What do you recommend for class and mag build?
I cant still figure out if go for HU/FO or FO/HU.

Korazenn
Sep 8, 2013, 12:41 AM

For the class build, I would highly recommend HU/FO for greater versatility. Invest in grinding a Coat Edge to max while you're at it, and you'll be taking down foes while supporting the rest of your party in no time! Remember that HU weapons that boost both your S-ATK and T-ATK are your best friends in this case, so the Madam's Umbrella would be best-suited for your class as far as Swords go. I'd have to look into Rods again to know for sure, but I know the Liberacion is what I use on my HU/FO right now.

For the MAG, invest in an all-out S-ATK / T-ATK mag with S-ATK 100 and T-ATK 75. Reverse the stats, if you so choose, as its your choice there.

It's a really fun class setup to play as, so enjoy! <3

Coatl
Sep 8, 2013, 12:50 AM
A dewman can't be a FOmar.. :I

Sayara
Sep 8, 2013, 12:58 AM
Madams if you want more S-Atk
Coat Edge-D if you want more T-Atk.

The new... eye rod has the potential of becoming an insanely strong Rod for a HU/Fo to equip (its got more T-atrk than my Demonic Fork)

Ordinaryly my way to run with HU/FO is to be a tanky supporter* with bulk HP to sit and enjoy the attacks of enemies when you zondeel everyone and take the pain LIKE A MAN. Though I never played Fomar outsidfe the fact he's the best Atp of the 4 FOs
*Iron Will + Automate Monomate + Guard Stance + Absorption

but your damage output will suffer if you go that route. (and you'll be hated upon alot of folks for being a gimpy)

Sanguine2009
Sep 8, 2013, 01:33 AM
i would recommend te/hu of over the options that have been suggested so far personally...

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 01:39 AM
Well, I just got a kick in the nuts by the nostalgia and I decided I wanted to create a FOmar.

LOL Coati already said it, Dewmans can't be FOmars, they aren't humans :D

HU/FO if you looking to melee but you'll be under par with most other pure melees but hey, zondeel + OE ^^ or FO/HU if you.....................I think this one is easily out of the suggestion box since HU has nearly no benefits for FO other than JA and multiclass weapons.

Can someone help me? If so please go to xat.com/josh so its easier to chat. :/

Enough with the spam already, make a thread instead of post spam.

BlakLanner
Sep 8, 2013, 02:06 AM
I know it isn't Force exactly, but I am growing rather fond of TE/BR as a melee/tech hybrid. Weak stance increases most of your tech damage and Wand Gear is a wonderful thing for melee damage.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05yIb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkjcFI O7bIn0000000lb000009b000009b00000ib000000j4OdK5dfd FI2asIbf4OI20000lOqB4SIkjJIHn0008

UnLucky
Sep 8, 2013, 02:42 AM
This isn't like the old games where the only drawback is the stat distribution on your class and race.

Mixing Striking and Tech classes means you're 2/3 or even half as strong as a pure archetype. And then you also have major equipment limitations on top of that.

If you don't have Hunter as a main or sub, your Striking damage is going to be terrible. However, having Hunter as your main or sub means your Technic damage is going to be terrible. The two classes don't synergize very well at all.

But that said, there are two approaches you can take for this. Do you want to be a Hunter with techs, or a Force with melee weapons? For the first option, Hu/Te isn't so bad. You lose any possible damage multipliers from subbing Fighter or Braver, but you get some extra utility. Unfortunately in this game, Shifta and Deband are crap. They are nice little extras to have, but nobody relies on nor expects to have them since they are very minor (and a PitA to buff people). Resta really isn't that useful since it costs as much as most PAs and takes a second to charge, by which point you could have already used a Di/Trimate. Offensive techs are going to be a terrible idea as Hu/Te, with its lower stats, poor weapon selection, and the damage multipliers simply aren't there, nor PP regen capabilities.

Te/Hu is actually very similar, only you have no weapon PAs. Offensive techs are still generally a bad idea, so your main method of attack is Zondeel+wand melee. What makes this viable is that for every target struck by your wand, a separate explosion triggers, which hits every nearby enemy. That means if you swing once to hit 5 enemies, each one will take 5 additional hits from Wand Gear, for a total of 30 overall.

For the second option, I would fully recommend Fi/Fo. Fighter's stances work for all damage, so they're perfect for a hybrid spec. In fact, the reverse (Fo/Fi) is actually a totally viable pure DPS build, so your skill tree will not be any weaker. With this setup, the biggest penalty will be your equipment limitations since Fighter actually has moderate T-Atk. Your Striking damage, however, is going to suffer (a lot) but you'll have all the weapons available to a Fighter main class. The only consolation here is that you can more easily take advantage of Chase Advance by inflicting status ailments with techs instead of affixing one to your weapon(s).

Honestly, you're much better off choosing between the two. Pure Striking or pure Tech, not both. You can switch any time you'd like between missions, but not during.

Rien
Sep 8, 2013, 03:06 AM

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080902204344/aceattorney/images/3/3b/Holdit.gif

FOmars are human forces, not dewman forces!

Sanguine2009
Sep 8, 2013, 03:36 AM
a wind spec te/hu is only marginally less effective at casting than a te/fo is at it (and still better than a fo/te at wind techs due to the latent on windmill) so i would hardly say that techs are useless. the only thing you really lose from te/fo is a small amount of t att and regening pp during the charge. the t att is barely noticeable and the pp loss is not that big a deal when wind techs are among the cheapest in the game(only beaten by lightning with the pp cost reduction skill) and you gain more than enough pp back with your wands melee, your other main source of damage. not to mention the charge time on your techs is about the same as many of the PAs used by melee classes
i would go with this tree personally http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05eAb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0jeb kIqoGXcBdqInfcAfGA000007b000009b000009b00000ib0000 00jkbdqHXfdsI2cFIbfkbI20000lb00000f

your best damage source would be your wands melee+ zondeel but when you need a ranged dps you can break out zan and your windmill to do wide spread aoe damage or boomarang it to do large amount of damage to bosses
i would advise staying as far away from namegid as you can as with this class combo it is quite horrid
you can also support very well with wind mastery and windmill boosted zanverse(33% extra damage to everyone inside the radius) + territory burst as well as shifta+deband and resta
razan and sazan are also both great, not for the damage they deal, but for their ability to control and disable mobs movement from a long range although gizan and nazan are decidely awful
additionally hunter has a number of decent all class weapons so you can use them add some more variety to your gameplay
overall if you looking for an effective mix of melee and techs this is your best bet

the previously mentioned fi/fo on the other hand, plays as either a MUCH weaker fi/hu that can cast support techs(poorly) but lacks the all class weapons and damage mods of hu or an inferior fo/fi that cant use any of the good rods and has lower base stats depending on if you favor melee or techs more and unlike te/hu it does little to combine the two types of combat basically forcing you to favor 1

Link1275
Sep 8, 2013, 12:26 PM
To be frankly honest, Techer actually plays a lot like FOmar if you think about it. It uses a lot more melee than techs, but still uses a lot of techs.

Jim
Sep 8, 2013, 03:30 PM
A dewman can't be a FOmar.. :I

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080902204344/aceattorney/images/3/3b/Holdit.gif

FOmars are human forces, not dewman forces!

^ These. "FO-" means Force, and "-mar" means human. If you want to play Force Deuman, it would be something like FOdeum. (or FOdewm if you prefer to spell it "Dewman")

That being said, I also prefer Techter for a HU/FO build, so could be a good thing to consider.

Sayara
Sep 8, 2013, 03:39 PM
It really will depend on what they want to do.
If striking is more important HU/Te (or TE/hu) would probably do better. As an actual wartecher.

If teching is more important and want to be tankier then FO/hu is probably the better route.

Link1275
Sep 8, 2013, 05:17 PM
^ These. "FO-" means Force, and "-mar" means human. If you want to play Force Deuman, it would be something like FOdeum. (or FOdewm if you prefer to spell it "Dewman")

That being said, I also prefer Techter for a HU/FO build, so could be a good thing to consider.

Correction, mar means Male Human. Marl is Female human.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 8, 2013, 05:32 PM
Can someone correct me on something?

I choosed Duman because I thought they excel on all kinds of damage in exchange for their poor defense.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 8, 2013, 05:40 PM
This isn't like the old games where the only drawback is the stat distribution on your class and race.

Mixing Striking and Tech classes means you're 2/3 or even half as strong as a pure archetype. And then you also have major equipment limitations on top of that.

If you don't have Hunter as a main or sub, your Striking damage is going to be terrible. However, having Hunter as your main or sub means your Technic damage is going to be terrible. The two classes don't synergize very well at all.

But that said, there are two approaches you can take for this. Do you want to be a Hunter with techs, or a Force with melee weapons? For the first option, Hu/Te isn't so bad. You lose any possible damage multipliers from subbing Fighter or Braver, but you get some extra utility. Unfortunately in this game, Shifta and Deband are crap. They are nice little extras to have, but nobody relies on nor expects to have them since they are very minor (and a PitA to buff people). Resta really isn't that useful since it costs as much as most PAs and takes a second to charge, by which point you could have already used a Di/Trimate. Offensive techs are going to be a terrible idea as Hu/Te, with its lower stats, poor weapon selection, and the damage multipliers simply aren't there, nor PP regen capabilities.

Te/Hu is actually very similar, only you have no weapon PAs. Offensive techs are still generally a bad idea, so your main method of attack is Zondeel+wand melee. What makes this viable is that for every target struck by your wand, a separate explosion triggers, which hits every nearby enemy. That means if you swing once to hit 5 enemies, each one will take 5 additional hits from Wand Gear, for a total of 30 overall.

For the second option, I would fully recommend Fi/Fo. Fighter's stances work for all damage, so they're perfect for a hybrid spec. In fact, the reverse (Fo/Fi) is actually a totally viable pure DPS build, so your skill tree will not be any weaker. With this setup, the biggest penalty will be your equipment limitations since Fighter actually has moderate T-Atk. Your Striking damage, however, is going to suffer (a lot) but you'll have all the weapons available to a Fighter main class. The only consolation here is that you can more easily take advantage of Chase Advance by inflicting status ailments with techs instead of affixing one to your weapon(s).

Honestly, you're much better off choosing between the two. Pure Striking or pure Tech, not both. You can switch any time you'd like between missions, but not during.

Excellent points you have in here.
Actually that was one of my main concerns, the fact that beign 2/3 of what a full class is, making you horrible at striking and horrible at your teching.
Honestly I cant say that FOmar on PSO was different. It had decent damage on both but never excelled in any damage, no matter what kind of bonus you decided to applied.

In the end what I'm trying to avoid is beign the supportive Force, where everything you do is resta the party and casting the now uselss shifta deband.
Whenever you are ready to attack after all this process, your friendly pure BR or HU has taken out all the enemies.

Kondibon
Sep 8, 2013, 05:47 PM
In the end what I'm trying to avoid is beign the supportive Force, where everything you do is resta the party and casting the now uselss shifta deband.
Whenever you are ready to attack after all this process, your friendly pure BR or HU has taken out all the enemies.

If that's all you're worried about, then you'll be happy to know that no one really expects that kind of stuff of forces anyway.

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2013, 05:54 PM
People keep saying that the game is too easy for the need of tanks and supports. DPS the game!

Link1275
Sep 9, 2013, 09:52 AM
Can someone correct me on something?

I choosed Duman because I thought they excel on all kinds of damage in exchange for their poor defense.

A Dhuman can not be a FOmar at all. They are not human. A FOmar is a Force, male, human.

Kondibon
Sep 9, 2013, 10:29 AM
A Dhuman can not be a FOmar at all. They are not human. A FOmar is a Force, male, human.

As amusing as semantics are, it's obvious the OP meant playstyle, not class/race/gender.

gigawuts
Sep 9, 2013, 10:45 AM

FOmar's race and gender was less important than its stat distribution, base abilities, and weapon access.

The race and gender was merely to differentiate the visuals and justify the differences relative to the other classes.

Go ahead and play FOmar as a male human without a sub in PSO2. Let me know how good your striking is, how much larger your S&D range is, and how good your gi-level tech bonuses are.