PDA

View Full Version : "Jaggies" and other graphics quirks

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2013, 02:38 PM
So. I want to play this game without having to deal with so many jaggies. (Meaning obvious edges around models and such.) As PSO2 doesn't really have that great of options for settings, I wanted to know what some of you more technically inclined have done to maybe make the game look slightly better, or make your screenshots better. Please note I don't mean this in photo altering like photoshop, but in software/hardware means during gameplay, such as video card software and such. Anything you guys do to cut down on such things would be great to hear. And yes, I have the game turned all the way up, and we all know it's still not that impressive.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 8, 2013, 02:39 PM
Nvidia Inspector stuff
I'd take blur over jaggy any day

Looks great in motion

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2013, 03:01 PM
I have an ATI card. So you just use the blur then?

Ezodagrom
Sep 8, 2013, 03:19 PM
I have an ATI card. So you just use the blur then?
There's nothing for AMD cards, unfortunately AMD's drivers anti-aliasing methods don't work with PSO2.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 8, 2013, 03:27 PM
..That's a bummer D:

Ezodagrom
Sep 8, 2013, 03:34 PM
AMD's drivers SSAA worked rather well with both PSOBB and PSU, it's a pitty that it doesn't work at all with PSO2... :|

Example from PSU, first has no AA, second has 4x SSAA.
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img854/3147/ymou.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/6236/9gch.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2013, 03:36 PM
That sucks. I'll fiddle with it some and see if I can get anything reproduced like that. The PSU altering looks much better.

Husq
Sep 9, 2013, 04:10 AM
You can try radeonpro, if you are running it on an AMD card, and use post processing AA. However it does blur the whole screen, so 2D parts like the HUD will also be affected.
Actually you can try down-sampling if you want, but make sure you read the guides on them first, and it probably doesn't work with the latest cat drivers, haven't check it myself yet.

Ezodagrom
Sep 9, 2013, 07:46 AM
You can try radeonpro, if you are running it on an AMD card, and use post processing AA. However it does blur the whole screen, so 2D parts like the HUD will also be affected.
Actually you can try down-sampling if you want, but make sure you read the guides on them first, and it probably doesn't work with the latest cat drivers, haven't check it myself yet.
RadeonPro's post-processing AA filters (SMAA or FXAA) are no better than the PSO2 native AA. They also blur the UI, so the native AA is actually better.

I didn't even remember about downsampling though, tried it once but the downsampling tool doesn't work on my PC due to my monitor...

Husq
Sep 10, 2013, 03:03 AM
RadeonPro's post-processing AA filters (SMAA or FXAA) are no better than the PSO2 native AA. They also blur the UI, so the native AA is actually better.

Depends who you ask, but personally I agree with you. But you can set those post filters that strong that screen looks like it is covered with vaseline. Sounds weird but some people cannot stand jaggies and will do anything to cover/get rid of them. Personally I rather have performance than eye candy.
However the option is there, if the OP wants to use it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 10, 2013, 03:04 AM
I like my performance AND eye candy

Nitro Vordex
Sep 10, 2013, 03:19 AM

I didn't even remember about downsampling though, tried it once but the downsampling tool doesn't work on my PC due to my monitor...

Depends who you ask, but personally I agree with you. But you can set those post filters that strong that screen looks like it is covered with vaseline. Sounds weird but some people cannot stand jaggies and will do anything to cover/get rid of them. Personally I rather have performance than eye candy.
However the option is there, if the OP wants to use it.
I had the vaseline problem too. More annoyed me than anything. There was a weird issue with my UI as well. Something I turned on made the UI have somewhat transparent spots. Well, it was more like there was some white pixelation going on. It was really weird. Happened on a lot of the UI, most noticeable on the HP/PP spot. If I can recreate it I'll get a screenshot soon.