PDA

View Full Version : Going into pso2 with fresh eyes. What are the differences between classes?

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 06:13 PM
What are some of the differences between the pso2 classes?
I hear that they differ gameplay wise so how exacly do they differ.
Also which one would you recommend to a newbe to pso2 like me?

Laga
Sep 8, 2013, 06:23 PM
um well, the classes pretty much explain themselves, Hunter/Melee, Ranger/Ranged, Force/Magic-either ranged attack or support. Fighter/Melee with more weapons, Gunner/Melee Ranged, and Tech/more magic again. its just whatever you prefer to use. game isnt hard at all no matter what you choose. you can even mix and match primary/secondary classes to get more efficiency.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 8, 2013, 06:26 PM
It has been always recommended (crossing my fingers to not get flammed) that Hunter is well suited for beginners to learn the gameplay.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 8, 2013, 06:27 PM
What a familiar username

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 06:32 PM
Oh hi cyron! still, hunter is a recommended class for noobs is it. Thank. Also I havent yet got the answer to if the different classes have different gameplay.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 8, 2013, 06:36 PM
Yes, different classes have different gameplay.
Hunter is focused of melee, such as swords
Ranger is focused on firearms, like rifles and launchers
Force is...magic stuff

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2013, 06:39 PM
Then switch it up for faster combat. Save for techer I guess. Its not really faster than force.

Laga
Sep 8, 2013, 06:40 PM
Yes, different classes have different gameplay.
Hunter is focused of melee, such as swords
Ranger is focused on firearms, like rifles and launchers
Force is...magic stuff

i thought that was what i said earlier... owell

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 06:42 PM
Ah, thanks. I hear that you can swap classes at any time though so maybe i should get to grips with pso2 first then find the class thats right for me both stratigy wise and gameplay wise.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 8, 2013, 06:53 PM
Ah, thanks. I hear that you can swap classes at any time though so maybe i should get to grips with pso2 first then find the class thats right for me both stratigy wise and gameplay wise.

Yes, but before you start feeding your mag (a little pet like unit that boost some of your stats and helps you when you are near death) make sure you decide what class is going to be your dominant, since you will want to boost that class stats with the mag.

Reseting your mag stats, or buying new mags cost real money.

Also, be sure to spend some time on the guide sections to find out what skills adapt better to your class and gameplay stats.
Once again, reseting the skill tree or buying a new one cost real money.

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 07:04 PM
Right. Gotcha. So basicly don't go feeding my mag untill I find the class that im most confortable with. Thanks. I'll make a mental note.

Exiled_Gundam
Sep 8, 2013, 07:44 PM
I would recommend FO to start, since it's the class that has cheaper operation cost :P

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 08:11 PM
Simple run down of every class: () = difficulty in my own opinion.

(freaken easy) Hunter: Melee damage dealer, just stick to left tree and you are good-to-go.

(easy) Ranger: Ranged damage dealer. Simple play with weak bullet and launchers.

(meh) Force: Mage class. More challenging, not recommended for beginners because once you go one tree, you'll likely have to stay on with that tree to maximize it's tech damages. Casting also makes the class bit harder.

(easy) Techer: More on the support/melee Mage.

(moderate) Gunners: Close-ranged ranged attack damage dealers with evasive maneuvers to become immune to damage. Moderate difficult, takes time to adapt to do infinite airborne and dodging everything.

(challenge) Fighter: No defense, relies highly on position for more damage, relies heavenly on dancing/dodging around as defense.

Edit: LOL forgot Braver

(kinda easy?) Braver: Part melee part Range class depending on your weapon choice between katana and bow. Bow deals high range damage and Katana damage are weaker but strikes fast and sparks best during Katana Combat. Class is bet weird since it is a young class with the fact that it came out not too long ago but is friendly to new players.

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 08:19 PM
Ah! Thanks for the summery of classes. Still even picking a class is easier than figuring out that BLOODY sega id capcha code! I was lucky it only took me 2 tries to figure it out (half an hour)

KazukiQZ
Sep 8, 2013, 08:30 PM
@strikerhunter
You forgot Braver :D

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 08:30 PM
Note this:

Lvl 30 Hunter unlocks Fighter.
Lvl 30 Ranger unlocks Gunner.
Lvl 30 Force unlocks Techer.
Lvl 30 Braver unlocks all advance class but you'll need all class-weapons to do the COs to unlock the classes.

@strikerhunter
You forgot Braver :D

Yes LOL I notice and edited in.

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 09:15 PM
Right, thanks. I'll note that. I think I might start with ranger because I want something thats kinda easy but not stupidly easy.

oratank
Sep 8, 2013, 10:02 PM
be warn try not to mess your mag and skill tree both thing can't be undo without ac

tuxdude143
Sep 8, 2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I have been told. I was going to find the best classs for me before I did anything with my mag.

Valimer
Sep 8, 2013, 10:41 PM
Wow, I'm genuinely surprised. It blows my mind people think gunner is more difficult than hunter. Or Ranger for that matter. I guess I just REALLY suck as melee, especially when im trying to solo bosses.

I mean, all you need for gunner is the S-Roll bonus and infinite fire and you basically just beat the game.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2013, 10:46 PM
You can, actually, change your skill tree for free. You simply need to wait until the skilltrees are redone. Normally, the 5% boost you get isn't worth worrying about until the free reset anyway.

Anyway, my suggestion is get all the basic classes to lv10. Or at least, it was when the game was still new. Nowadays, you get to lv10 in a heartbeat, so you kind of don't get as much information as you used to out of it. But the point was to test out all the classes, and see which ones you liked. They do change alot in higher levels, but you got the basic jist of all the classes.

I should note that hunter is the best subclass out right now. So if you want to do any non-tech class, you're going to have to get that class high anyway. May as well try it out and see if you like it. Ranger is almost as good for all the ranged classes, so if you prefer that, there's no harm in choosing it.

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 10:49 PM
Wow, I'm genuinely surprised. It blows my mind people think gunner is more difficult than hunter. Or Ranger for that matter. I guess I just REALLY suck as melee, especially when im trying to solo bosses.

I mean, all you need for gunner is the S-Roll bonus and infinite fire and you basically just beat the game.

It's not that playing Gunner is harder, it's that mastering JAing the S Roll, doing infinite airborne, and timing your dodge to negate attacks is what that makes the class harder.

Generally, any players coming from a specific class style (melee/range/mage) and moving to a new one will always find it hard to adapt to.

If you ask me, all of the classes are easy but it takes practice and that's what I based the difficulty of each class on, the more practice you need would rank it harder (this is my opinion though).

P.S.: Aren't involving skill trees, I'm involving how hard does it takes to learn the class.

Chdata
Sep 8, 2013, 11:06 PM
It's not that playing Gunner is harder, it's that mastering JAing the S Roll, doing infinite airborne, and timing your dodge to negate attacks is what that makes the class harder.

lol, it's actually all easy to do that, coming from a Fo who only started really playing Gu like a week ago.

At some point you get so high that no melee attacks hit you.

I have yet to learn Hunter/Fighter

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 11:09 PM
lol, it's actually all easy to do that, coming from a Fo who only started really playing Gu like a week ago.

At some point you get so high that no melee attacks hit you.

I have yet to learn Hunter/Fighter

As a beginner aka new player >_> duh. For experienced/older players it only takes no more than a day to get use to it changing around (a week if you really......).

Chdata
Sep 8, 2013, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah but beginner players have to deal with learning all the new content like what is VH stand for which makes it harder to focus on practicing a class.

FacelessRed
Sep 8, 2013, 11:18 PM
I'd say gunner is the easiest class, once you figure out what Just attacks are, even without S roll you will basically face-roll anything.

Advanced tactics are a bit more frustrating on gunner. Especially with /ranger. My gunner can pretty much kill any boss that doesn't have ridiculous amounts of HP in 1 Elder rebellion with WB and Chain. Thus eliminating the need to even memorize most bosses move sets. But on the occasion i Miss the combo, it's really really annoying.

As I play hunter, my damage is more steady and not so insane, so I actually have to memorize and learn timing so I don't get clobbered. range of attacks timing of attacks whether this boss is worth using Just guard or mainly dodging, etc etc. So I don't really understand how hunter is considered the easiest.. if anything it's the one with the most problems with survivability vs damage output.

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 11:28 PM
As I play hunter, my damage is more steady and not so insane, so I actually have to memorize and learn timing so I don't get clobbered. range of attacks timing of attacks whether this boss is worth using Just guard or mainly dodging, etc etc. So I don't really understand how hunter is considered the easiest.. if anything it's the one with the most problems with survivability vs damage output.

Actually what you are partly defining is the difficulty of a monster rather than a class difficulty. Understanding the mob/boss is apart of their difficulty, understanding the class is something else.

Chdata
Sep 8, 2013, 11:28 PM
Yeah I think hunter is harder just because you're in range all the time of getting hit.

Fo is super easy because you don't have to care about JA as much or flipping everywhere and as long as you hold left/right movement you almost never get hit while casting spells. Heck, the only "Hard" part about Fo is setting your spells into your weapons. Once you've got an all class rod/talis that's no problem though.

Gunner/ranger are next easiest because again, you're almost always out of the way. Though, ranger is much much harder to dodge things because it basically asks you to be a sitting duck.

Also I agree, melee are the only classes where I really have to pay attention to the monster's/bosses attack patterns. Force, doesn't matter. Gunner, matters even less than force. Ranger, I don't play enough of that but you probably do if you use launcher a lot because you will need to know when to be dodging or not.

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah I think hunter is harder just because you're in range all the time of getting hit.

Fo is super easy because you don't have to care about JA as much or flipping everywhere and as long as you hold left/right movement you almost never get hit while casting spells. Heck, the only "Hard" part about Fo is setting your spells into your weapons. Once you've got an all class rod/talis that's no problem though.

Gunner/ranger are next easiest because again, you're almost always out of the way. Though, ranger is much much harder to dodge things because it basically asks you to be a sitting duck.

Also I agree, melee are the only classes where I really have to pay attention to the monster's/bosses attack patterns. Force, doesn't matter. Gunner, matters even less than force. Ranger, I don't play enough of that but you probably do if you use launcher a lot because you will need to know when to be dodging or not.

Ya think hunter is harder? Fighter is by far way way harder, even for players who played for a long time and just wants to test it out.

FacelessRed
Sep 8, 2013, 11:38 PM
Basic Class break down:
Ranger
Ranger will be fairly easy but once you begin to level up into the higher level tiers you will really see a drastic drop off in your ability to kill enemies. So don't let early levels get your hopes up.

Pro's to being a ranger.
-Super long range on some skills and a multitude of variety between PA's that generally all have their uses.
-Though I've yet to see anyone use these skills they do have traps and support skills, which may be useful if you want to make a support character to use as an NPC.
-Launcher has good AOE and Knockdown/knockup properties

Cons of ranger.
-Super low damage in the higher level tiers with assault rifles. And long delay's on animation start up times leaves you vulnerable when surrounded.
-Reload/fire rate on Launcher is insanely slow, and during very busy fighting is near useless. some of the new PA's tried to alleviate this problem.

Hunter
Pro's to hunter.
-Generally tough and High hp Class, even when going as a full DPS build,which everyone around will say is the only thing worth getting, But it's not. Play to win not to please others.
-As a tank build you can pretty much slow-and-steady wins the race for pretty much anything you encounter. you will find it hard to die as a tank build, and even some skills as a dps will help your survivability.
-Almost complete versatility in any situation.

Cons to Hunter
-Early levels are slower compared to other classes as skill tree has the good stuff very late in the levels.
-Generally a medium paced class which can leave you feeling like you're left behind in the more advanced DPS spamalamadingdong playstyles.

Force
Pro's to being force
-Very safe dodge manuevers
-Heal!
-Extreme range on many Techniques, and range extended by the use of talis
- almost absolute versatility in combat.

Cons to force
-Low Hp will likely leave you 1 hit killable from some attacks.
-Fidgety techs leaves you constantly having to change loudout based on enemies to maximize your efficiency. (I don't like constantly switching)
-Some techs are completely redundant and leave you wondering why they're still in the game.

Braver!
Pros to being braver!
-You get to feel like a samurai
-Massive AOE knockdown around player.
-Interesting special Skill to kill faster.
-Early game damage is great!
-Built in just guard on katana
-Super range on Bow, you can literally shoot things you cant even see with it. (you can even shoot dark falz when he flies away and starts throwing bombs)

cons to being braver!
-It's more flashy than actually useful
-why are only 2 PA's really worth using? No really, why? that's just dumb, the other pa's are so terrible. why did you do this Sega? WHY?!
-Once you hit 40 your great damage becomes absolutely crap damage.
-Difficult to get t he timing on Just attacks correct as they're quite spammy.

Ya think hunter is harder? Fighter is by far way way harder, even for players who played for a long time and just wants to test it out.

I'm a Hunter/Fighter 60/60. And yes i think Hunter is harder. Because you require way more strategy as a hunter to actually kill things. As a fighter... backhand - backhand - backhand - fight over. If you have to dodge, then you're likely going to have to dodge as a hunter as well. Not to mention Guard is frontal direction only. and Fighters have t.dagger for a full 360 degree Just guard.

NoiseHERO
Sep 8, 2013, 11:42 PM
Difficulties in my opinion. Not based on learning them but playing all the way through AND being efficient.

FO- Easiest, easiest to abuse dodge next to gunner's and you never have to get up close unless you want to be really agressive, and you have a free heal.

Hunter- Mid but easier than fighter (because you can block and have more AOE moves)
Fighter- Mid (Don't get hit)

Braver- Tricky (You have to be aggressive for your DPS which makes it hard to focus or multi-task for me. And you want to use multiple weapons if you really want to stretch this classes potential, even if using only katana seems cool it only has like 2 useful PAs)

Gunner- Easy but unlike Force you have to get in close, but if you sub a fairly leveled hunter you'll pretty much kill everything in 1 PA

Ranger- Easiest in parties because you'll only really be expected to weak bullet/murk bosses. This class is also super strong if you sub hunter, but I found it tricky to get used to abusing how.

Techer- Literally most useless class because it was mainly just a sub for FO. Because subbing the melee classes is almost mandatory now. In concept being a melee based caster was cool, but they completely fucked it up. Hopefully this class will get more tweaks, additions and buffs in the future. But in terms of difficulty I guess you're just a gimped FO, so technically it's easy, I wouldn't know. I don't have experience with this class, though ironically I was going to main it at some point.

I'm sure within' the last page everyone's already said some/most/all of the things in this post but too busy to read em, but also interested enough to share my own opinion.

strikerhunter
Sep 8, 2013, 11:53 PM
I'm a Hunter/Fighter 60/60. And yes i think Hunter is harder. Because you require way more strategy as a hunter to actually kill things. As a fighter... backhand - backhand - backhand - fight over. If you have to dodge, then you're likely going to have to dodge as a hunter as well. Not to mention Guard is frontal direction only. and Fighters have t.dagger for a full 360 degree Just guard.

hunter: OE OE OE on weak point or WB- fight over.

I guess we have different opinions on both then.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 9, 2013, 02:12 AM
Well i've capped HU and FI 3 times since i've started playing, this is how I view it.

Hunter is the class you want to play if you want to 1 shot enemies with close range AoE, Fi is the class you want for single target DPS. Imo fighter is the easier class of the two though.

As a hunter you have the best when it comes to melee AoE, and with the right setup you can 1 shot virtually any non boss in one form or another, even king yedi and wondas.

As a fighter you are the king of DPS, your weps are great for getting in high amounts of damage and you can spam your PAs because of how fast your attacks tend to be.

Heres why I say hunter is the lesser of the two though. If you want to guard as a hunter youre going to need to waste 5 skill point into just guard, 6 if you want just counter. That alone will prevent you from getting 10% extra damage from your tree. As a fighter you can just skip the guard if you wanna go all out and get all the damage from your hunter sub.

Lets look at backhand and over end for example, sure over end has more total damage than backhand, but you could get 3 backhands in before 1 over end finishes which is much much higher dps, and if your target moves out of the way of your last oe hit you basically just wasted 40PP because about 60% of the PA's damage is in that last hit. And before you say backhand is hard to hit with, sure its got no range but if youre playing fighter you should be used to that, its really not hard to get them in. (also funny thing i noticed, over end's last hit does more than a backhand with no trees, but with skill trees the extra 10% fighters have makes backhand stronger than over end's last hit).

Theres also the choice of weapons that comes into play. Atm there are very few all class weapons other than hunter weapons, and before this last area update there really wernt any good all class fighter weapons. People say hunter has the advantage in AoE, but a lambda patty is still strong enough to 1 shot malmos in aq, and by sacrificing 1% of damage from your tree you can get partisan gear, that alone negates the AoE advantage hunter has and fighter is still left with far better dps. The reverse can't be said though, the only great fighter weapon that hunters can use is the new double saber and even then fighters have acces to better double sabers.

What i mean is that, well, hunter weapons are good at 1shotting, even though the all class hunter weps are weaker than the ones hunter mains carry, as long as they 1 shot the efficiency is the same. If there were good all class fi weps though the reverse couldn't be said, Fighter weps are for DPS, and since they would be weaker than standard fi main weps they would have less over all dps, which would not be as efficient.

Safety is debatable between the two, but ill say this. Just guard is 1 direction only, and partisan is the only wep that can dodge cancel anytime. Fighter weps on the other hand... well, twin daggers have an omni-directional guard that can cancel any PA, knuckles have a dodge action that works in every direction (albeit very little invincibility) and can cancel any PA, and double saber PAs are so fast that you can easily dodge away from just about any attack in time anytime (some are even cancel-able by dodging) unless youre using illusion rave.

Another reason fighter has an edge is weapon gears. Dagger is the only fi weapon that needs gear to be good (Knuckle gear is great though and DS gear is good because you get good damage for no PP) but other than that double saber and knuckles are still amazing without it. Hunter on the other hand feels crippled without gear. Sword without gear means you're missing around 30-60% of your PA's total damage in one form or another. WL without gear is missing 30% damage from it's strongest attacks, and partisan without gear is pointless unless you only use it to move faster since the whole reason partisan is there is for AoE.

Now dont get me wrong, hunter is still a great class, those are just my reasons for saying fighter is a little better when you compare them and how they play.

Pros of HU:

High hp will make you pretty sturdy even with an all attack build.
Strongest melee AoE
Generally this class gives you more total damage for less PP.

Cons:
Needs to sacrifice 5 SP to use weapon action, 6 if you want to JA out of a guard.
All the really strong PAs take a very long time to do and leave you wide open, all that HP may not always help.

Pros of Fi:

Best single target dps when theres no WB involved.
Weapons provide excellent safety to compliment the offense.
Can get more out of the hunter tree than a hunter main.
If you use a partisan you will be as efficient as a hunter in AoE.

Cons:
HP is the best defensive stat in this game and you dont have alot, you wont take hits too well.
You have to be right in an enemy's face to hit it in most cases because of the tiny range.

Dam this was a long post.

Sanguine2009
Sep 9, 2013, 02:32 AM
Techer- Literally most useless class because it was mainly just a sub for FO. Because subbing the melee classes is almost mandatory now. In concept being a melee based caster was cool, but they completely fucked it up. Hopefully this class will get more tweaks, additions and buffs in the future. But in terms of difficulty I guess you're just a gimped FO, so technically it's easy, I wouldn't know. I don't have experience with this class, though ironically I was going to main it at some point.

blatent lies
people need to stop comparing force and techer because they dont play anywhere close to the same. while a force can sit back and basically hold 1 button a techer should be right in the middle of the fray and has a much more active style of combat. the only similarity is that they have access to the same techs even though aside from the support techs you should be using completely different ones
techer is really closer to a melee class than it is to force despite what the skill tree might suggest and what many people seem to think
you would think that its most effective sub being hunter would tip people off but...

jooozek
Sep 9, 2013, 02:38 AM
hunter is the easiest class in the game thanks to iron will, halfline automate and flash guards, add techer as sub and with deband cut it gets even easier

NoiseHERO
Sep 9, 2013, 02:41 AM
blatent lies
people need to stop comparing force and techer because they dont play anywhere close to the same. while a force can sit back and basically hold 1 button a techer should be right in the middle of the fray and has a much more active style of combat. the only similarity is that they have access to the same techs even though aside from the support techs you should be using completely different ones
techer is really closer to a melee class than it is to force despite what the skill tree might suggest and what many people seem to think
you would think that its most effective sub being hunter would tip people off but...

I can't lie about my opinion on something that I already said I don't have much experience in.

Sorry about my self-aware ignorance.

But what I am sure of is that this class is blatantly subpar compared to the other classes. Maybe even making it trickier/harder to play than I said it was, playing it the way you imply it should be played that is. Again, compared to the other classes. So it may as well be the most useless class other than some buffing elements.

Sanguine2009
Sep 9, 2013, 03:10 AM
hmm yep being about to buff the entire mpas damage by large amounts without being restricted to cooldowns like RA is with weak bullet is totally subpar (zanverse+wind masterys+windmills latent)
being able to out dps hunters(mind you they still hit for higher single numbers) and match the dps of anything short of fighter, pp convert enabled nafoie, or full dark spec namegid with demonfork latenton bosses and larger mobs is totally subpar(wand reactor+zan boomeranging again with masterys and latent)
being able to gather all the mobs in the room to 1 spot and kill them in a swing or 2 of your wand have no net pp loss is totally subpar (territory bursted zondeel+ wand gear and reactor)
i will agree however that playing them efficiently is much harder than most other classes due to them having a completely different and less intuitive approach than other classes do to dealing damage

Kilich
Sep 9, 2013, 03:23 AM
This might be oversimplifying things, but:
Hunter = OverEnd spam and a great subclass for all melee and ranged, because of Fury.
Ranger = You get Weak Bullet, the most broken debuff in the game.
Fighter = choose the weapon you like the most and use its strongest PA only for maximum DPS.
Gunner = Alternate dodge and Heel Stab. Skill tree build is insignificant as long as it has the Roll branch.
Force = Zondeel and Nafoie are your friends. Also, throw away potions, you have Resta
Techer = You get Territory Burst for Zondeel, I guess? Also higher PP regen and Weak Element Hit for your wand melee needs.

Braver = Gear up for PP and damage to weave endless combos using all of your PAs and Katana Combat. You also have bow to deal with enemies that are annoying in melee.
Don't expect a lot of damage though, because Braver doesn't have any broken PAs, or Skills yet, like other classes.

Sakarisei
Sep 9, 2013, 03:25 AM
hunter is the easiest class in the game thanks to iron will, halfline automate and flash guards, add techer as sub and with deband cut it gets even easier

Yep, but because SEGA nerfed def stat requirements for units, defensive players in this version is not profitable, only because they can carry the same armours than the defensive one. But of course, i understand you.

NoiseHERO
Sep 9, 2013, 03:58 AM
hmm yep being about to buff the entire mpas damage by large amounts without being restricted to cooldowns like RA is with weak bullet is totally subpar (zanverse+wind masterys+windmills latent)
being able to out dps hunters(mind you they still hit for higher single numbers) and match the dps of anything short of fighter, pp convert enabled nafoie, or full dark spec namegid with demonfork latenton bosses and larger mobs is totally subpar(wand reactor+zan boomeranging again with masterys and latent)
being able to gather all the mobs in the room to 1 spot and kill them in a swing or 2 of your wand have no net pp loss is totally subpar (territory bursted zondeel+ wand gear and reactor)
i will agree however that playing them efficiently is much harder than most other classes due to them having a completely different and less intuitive approach than other classes do to dealing damage

None of those things sound great at all.

I don't know how buffing an entire MPA(why are you running MPA's near end game other than falz hands and a couple ultra rare EMQs, though?) is better than weak bullet, something used to kill bosses, which will cool down by the time you see your next boss, which in terms of support the boss should be dead in 30 seconds after said WB and you really won't see another before your cool down is done.

Even if it's falz hands it just means your MPA sucked if it's not dead within' a minute, nothing to do with there not being enough techers maybe anyone with zondeel in general but yeah I wouldn't compare any buff to weak bullet basically. At least not just because of it's cool down, in terms of what weak bullet's uses are.

Speaking of cool downs one of your points included territory burst, that thing that has a cool down.

Also you need to stack a latent, a mastery and a support tech just to out DPS the melee classes? Instead of just using two PAs on a red weapon?

On top of that unconventional gameplay mindset you agreed on.

I can take back "useless" but right now subpar, at least for all around gameplay and use of the class compared to other classes definitely still fits, to me at least.

Zenobia
Sep 9, 2013, 05:38 AM

If you 2 think Hunter is hard to play then you Obv DO NOT USE JG=Just Guard cause lol with JG you pretty much don't get hit at all.

tuxdude143
Sep 9, 2013, 04:46 PM
Well it looks like it may be longer than I thought to get into pso2. Mainly because 1, I still need to patch the game (thats probably gonna take a few hours) and 2, MY SOUND CARD DIED ON ME!!! It was working fine before then one hour later "poof" it just stopped. I have found a way round it at least (involving an ipad and remote desktop software)

FacelessRed
Sep 9, 2013, 07:02 PM
If you 2 think Hunter is hard to play then you Obv DO NOT USE JG=Just Guard cause lol with JG you pretty much don't get hit at all.

Wrong... I do have just guard. And yes I do use it. However a lot of problems arise. Warping enemies can hit around my guard for example. and this doesn't negate what I said: having to memorize enemy attack animations

strikerhunter
Sep 9, 2013, 07:36 PM
Wrong... I do have just guard. And yes I do use it. However a lot of problems arise. Warping enemies can hit around my guard for example. and this doesn't negate what I said: having to memorize enemy attack animations

Memorizing attacks/animation is difficulty of the monsters, not class just to let you know.

Timing JG is "difficultly" part of the class.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 9, 2013, 07:41 PM
Honestly just guard is easy once you get to know it and it does improve your dps if you invest in just counter, but its easier to dodge than to guard so i would agree that it isnt something that makes the class easier.