PDA

View Full Version : Affix question

vazzz
Sep 9, 2013, 07:09 PM
well after 2 million blown, and a epic affixing failure "B.P" style, i seek advice on how exactly u go about adding 3 slots onto a weapon that has zero, I have searched and looked at all guides i'm just curious if there is any sure fire way to do it. i have aqito that i want to have quartz soul power 3 and possibly abilty 3, but Id settle with the 3rd slot being shock or pp/hp boost. So how do you make your first 3 junk slots the cheapest and fastest, and how do you make them 3 non junk slots x.x i have tried many times and sick of wasting money for 20% so i seek help from the masters of PSO pleaseeeee

Horo The Wise Wolf
Sep 9, 2013, 07:12 PM
To get Ability III at a good rate, you have to have Power III, Shoot III, and Technique III preset.

For Example: (X being random Abilities)

Main weapon: Quartz Soul / X / X

Fodder 1: Quartz Soul / Power III / Technique III

Fodder 2: Quartz Soul / Power III / Shoot III

The result: Quartz Soul (80%) / Power III (80%) / Ability III (60%)

vazzz
Sep 9, 2013, 07:14 PM
will try thankyou for quick reply!

NeverDT
Sep 9, 2013, 07:18 PM
1. Use junk with 1 slot to get 1 slot
2. Once you have 1 slot, use junk with 2 slots to get 2 slots
3. Once you have 2 slots, use junk with 3 slots to get 3 slots
4. Once you have 3 slots, use 3 slot quartz soul junk to get 3 slots including quartz soul on the target item. If you fail here, repeat 1-4 as necessary until you have 3 slots including quartz soul
5. Buy or make 2 fodders with quartz soul, power 3, and whatever else you want (unless you plan to use spirita or power boost). I forget how to affix ability, be aware that it has a low success rate too.
6. Use a 20% affix boost to avoid terrible catastrophe.

Make sure that the affixes on your junk have 100% success rate or it'll take a lot longer.

GALEFORCE
Sep 9, 2013, 07:28 PM
There's really no great way to do it. The way it's set up, you could spend a fortune trying to increase the slots on your gear. If you have a lot of 10% affix boosters, the 2->3 transition would be the place to use them.

If you're not aware, http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enhance_3.php#nav gives you all the info you need to calculate the rates of the affixing job you're planning to do.

Limbo_lag
Sep 11, 2013, 12:05 AM
Uh, as an aside, does having 2 materials with "power, tech, shoot 3" bring the ability 3 chances up to 80% instead of 60%?

Chdata
Sep 11, 2013, 01:24 AM
Your item: Soul, garbage, garbage

Fodder: Soul, III, garbage

Now you have a guaranteed output of 80% soul, 80% III, and a boost item. 20% boost to make it all 100%.

Dnd
Sep 11, 2013, 01:26 AM
Uh, as an aside, does having 2 materials with "power, tech, shoot 3" bring the ability 3 chances up to 80% instead of 60%?

Nope, ability 3 can only be max 60% without boosters

Sandmind
Sep 11, 2013, 07:00 AM
Question as pretty much been answered, but I'm going to correct some of the info from this post

1. Use junk with 1 slot to get 1 slot from 0 to 1, junk can have any number of affix
2. Once you have 1 slot, use junk with 2 slots to get 2 slots junk need 1 affix actually
3. Once you have 2 slots, use junk with 3 slots to get 3 slots 2 affix junk
4. Once you have 3 slots, use 3 slot quartz soul junk to get 3 slots including quartz soul on the target item. If you fail here, repeat 1-4 as necessary until you have 3 slots including quartz soul
5. Buy or make 2 fodders with quartz soul, power 3, and whatever else you want (unless you plan to use spirita or power boost). I forget how to affix ability, be aware that it has a low success rate too.
6. Use a 20% affix boost to avoid terrible catastrophe.

Make sure that the affixes on your junk have 100% success rate or it'll take a lot longer.

And no one seem to have mentionned it, but using 2 fooder instead of 1 when opening affix slot reduce the affix'ing nerf.

UnLucky
Sep 11, 2013, 08:26 PM
And no one seem to have mentionned it, but using 2 fooder instead of 1 when opening affix slot reduce the affix'ing nerf.
Except when expanding to 1 slot from 0, even using two sacrificial items will be a 20% penalty, same as using only one.

But yeah, make sure not to use status effects or souls, even if they're trash they still have a lower chance to transfer.