PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Nova (Ocean)?

ChaosAngel92
Sep 12, 2013, 09:47 AM
Star Ocean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ocean

And then watch at least the trailer of the biggest game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myB_6n6_lFA

*Starts actual post*

I was attracted to the Star Ocean franchise (namely Star Ocean: The Last Hope) back on the days of PSU when the so called "sci fi" games went on decline. It was full of colorful environments, and rocky music, but trough my gameplay I couldn't stop compare it to PSO in so many levels.
Of course, this is nothing like PSO in terms of gameplay, its a more traditional RPG that kinda sits between timed attack and action.

The style, the character design, even races.
There is also an alien evil type of thing that looks awfully reminiscent to the seed.

What this has to be with PSO2? It's actually about Phantasy Star Nova, beign produced by the same company that created Star Ocean.
Now it has been reveled that is Tri-Ace who is going to do the complete game, and that SEGA and Sakai Team will only be the watchful eye to guide them trough the process.

Motoi Sakuraba (one of the most underrated composers in gaming history) is going to do the music, and its a complete different genre to what PS franchise has used all this years. Prepare yourself for good old hard rock with gigantic Hammond organs.

Anyway, the point of this topic is...
Star Ocean team finally stopped trying to copy Coca Cola, and where actually hired by Coca Cola to produce the original product?

The Walrus
Sep 12, 2013, 11:13 AM
>Sakuraba
>Underrated

PFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sp-24
Sep 12, 2013, 11:33 AM
>Sakuraba
>Underrated

PFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah, not on this forum, at least.

TrekkiesUnite
Sep 12, 2013, 11:54 AM
Anyway, the point of this topic is...
Star Ocean team finally stopped trying to copy Coca Cola, and where actually hired by Coca Cola to produce the original product?

There's so much wrong with this comment that it's not even funny.

supersonix9
Sep 12, 2013, 01:45 PM
kinda disappointed with the composer to be honest

not because it's sakuraba, but because it's not kobayashi.

and I thought people were comparing this to monster hunter more than star ocean

Sp-24
Sep 12, 2013, 02:22 PM

Some japanese journalist even called it "Monster Phanter".

Crysteon
Sep 12, 2013, 05:36 PM

Considering Sakuraba has a monstruous trajectory in game music compositions compared to Kobayashi, I honestly bet the first one will do a better job with the music. Having both working together would be nice, though.

Totori
Sep 12, 2013, 05:43 PM
Sakuraba's music sounds too much like the same. I mean listen to some of Golden Sun's Battle theme's and compare them to Tales of Destiny 2. They need Go Shiina or someone better.

supersonix9
Sep 12, 2013, 05:56 PM
Considering Sakuraba has a monstruous trajectory in game music compositions compared to Kobayashi, I honestly bet the first one will do a better job with the music. Having both working together would be nice, though.

eh, I personally find sakuraba's music more generic (not that he hasn't made good music, because he has)

and all you have to do in order to do a 'good job' with music is know how to make music; personally, I just listen to kobayashi's compositions and find them more identifiable and unique than sakuraba's.

i don't know, it's just that I feel like taking kobayashi's style away from phantasy star could seriously change the atmosphere of the game (maybe for the better or for the worse, I don't know)

Lyric
Sep 13, 2013, 04:25 PM
There's so much wrong with this comment that it's not even funny.

I concur. Star Ocean is very much it's own entity.

KitsyLove
Sep 16, 2013, 04:41 AM
I'm kind of happy with Sakuraba though. He does most of the Tales soundtracks and the Star Ocean soundtracks. Having PS Nova with Tri-Ace and no Sakuraba, in my opinion feels a bit off since I'm used to having Sakuraba doing the music for Star Ocean. But yeah, that's just me. x'D