PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got a Good 10* I Want to Drop ... Grinding Running Me Bankrupt

Nikoshae
Sep 12, 2013, 11:21 PM
Just have to vent a little about my First World Problem lol ...

I have the worst luck when it comes to rare drops. I always get junk, or I get units I don't need, or I'll use a 250% drop chance and get zilch during it ... the list goes on. Tonight I finally got something worth my while. Something I've been wanting for a while. I got a Yasminkov 9000M. It was something I had to take to get identified, so I even got to choose the element. It happened to already be +3. I was thrilled.

Two million meseta later and while I've managed to get it's potential level 1 unlocked I'm now completely broke with a +1 (which has seen +9 a few times) and will probably be pouring more into this only to hear Dudu give me a pat on the back and a copy of the home game.

Monica can go to blazes.

Help me feel better. Share your grinding woes stories. Tell me it gets better. I hope it does.

Sep 12, 2013, 11:36 PM
Help me feel better. Share your grinding woes stories. Tell me it gets better. I hope it does.

It doesn't; abandon hope...and marathon TAs.

GALEFORCE
Sep 12, 2013, 11:36 PM
I've spent 4mil without even getting a +10 once.

Variant
Sep 12, 2013, 11:55 PM
The only solution is to join me whenever I ask if anyone's interested in TACOs in team chat. This is a problem that can only be solved by throwing more money at it.

Hosaka
Sep 13, 2013, 12:07 AM
2 mil for potential level 1 on a 10* is completely, absolutely normal. Hardly anything to cry about.

Noc Codez
Sep 13, 2013, 12:13 AM
8mill to +10 my falclaws
Then 9.5 to grind them to +10 again after unlocking potential lvl 1..

And people say I was the lucky one..

It is what it is..

Rexob
Sep 13, 2013, 12:22 AM
I usually won't upgrade a Potential until I have at least 5m in reserve and/or a backup weapon just in case...

I kept my set of Fleetmalinca +10 Fang Soul / Shoot 3 in reserve & ready anytime I unlocked a Y9K potential knowing I'd have to grind it back to +10. I have a teammate who has yet to hit +10 once yet and poured over 4m only seeing +9 a few times. When I upgraded my Fleetmalinca I was incredibly fortunate getting to +10 and affixing for under 250k total combined; granted I didn't need its potential, but still, 250k to affix and grind to +10 on a 10* is incredible.

My advice is the next time you get to +8/9, invest in some Grind Risk Reducers; they're pricey, but statistically 6 should cover the last two grinds...I think +9 and 10 have something like a 30% chance...you might need 7, but that's the surest way unless you enjoy risking the -3 Grind chance.

The good news is Y9K gets the biggest bonus unlocking Potential Lv1 > learn to love Messiah Time if you don't already - it's amazing with Y9K.

Zenobia
Sep 13, 2013, 12:53 AM
I've spent 4mil without even getting a +10 once.

^LOLZ......

Anyway I've burned some some meseta on potentials trust me especially Launcher legacy and Aexon

I don't grind anything unless I have at least 15mill on me, but I wont have to worry about that for awhile nothing worth to grind atm.

Z-0
Sep 13, 2013, 12:54 AM
welcome to rng

Chdata
Sep 13, 2013, 01:04 AM
I spent at most 4m 3 potentialing 10stars.

Getting to level 8 on any 10star isn't bad, after that use +1 protect.

SakoHaruo
Sep 13, 2013, 01:36 AM
2 mil for potential level 1 on a 10* is completely, absolutely normal. Hardly anything to cry about.

2mil for one level........ you're doing it wrong. Seriously, what the hell people, you trying to raw dawg +10 or something?

Step 0: Avoid that dumb bitch at all cost, go see Dudu

Step 1: Grind to +7

Step 2: use Grind Protection(+1) from +7 to +10

Step 3: there is no step three, you're done. the average 10* will cost about 200k - 1mil if you follow those above steps. To be honest, I hit the 200k - 400k range more than anything. +1mil is hella rare.

BlueCast Boy
Sep 13, 2013, 01:44 AM
Usually when my weps are on +6 i usually use risk protection and the full one on +9 but since atm risk protections are hard to get on fun scratch and most of them went high bargain on player shop even the full one, so it might take a while to fully upgrade a wep... Grinding your weapons is not an easy task and dudu tends to eats alot (or all)of your moneys & grinders.

Goukezitsu
Sep 13, 2013, 01:48 AM
2mil for one level........ you're doing it wrong. Seriously, what the hell people, you trying to raw dawg +10 or something?

Step 3: there is no step three, you're done. the average 10* will cost about 200k - 1mil if you follow those above steps. To be honest, I hit the 200k - 400k range more than anything. +1mil is hella rare.

It's like 1.2-1.6M on avg (depending on market prices) to grind a 10* to 10. I think they meant potentially once for 2M which is going to +10 twice which for 2M isn't bad at all. I've grinded well over 30 10*s and that's been about the avg amount of money I spend for it. I feel 100-200k is the lucky part honestly. You realize the last 3 grinds are like 20% right? Its fucked.

With the prices of +1s right now on ship 2 if you went avg on the last 3 grinds and didn't go back (cuz of the +1s) you drop 750k minimum lol.

Edit: fuck grinding. RNG is RNG and I'm cool with it but grinding just sucks to do. Its -3 (and -4 shit on 11*s) that makes it a shit festival. Cuz bad luck on a % is on thing but bad luck on 2 very different modifiers that make you face more shitty modifiers is some next level shit. That being said 11*s are less stressful cuz u just lock it. More expensive but man I feel so at peace doing it.

Edit 2: 25M grinding ruins charm to 10 back when they first came out. Never forget.

Alenoir
Sep 13, 2013, 01:52 AM
Doodoo have been pretty uncooperative lately and I burned about 20 +1 grind protects getting something back to +10. Friend mentioned the protects are around 50k (at the time of my grinding). So... Technically about 1mil in protects + whatever it took in meseta to get it to +10?

SakoHaruo
Sep 13, 2013, 01:58 AM
forgot to mention I have over 2000 grinder in storage and collect GP(+1) from FUN. but yeah if you don't have any resources it's going to cost a lot to unlock potential x3. however it you have everything you need it wont cost much.

I swear I get about 20 GP(+1) from each FUN scratch.

25mil for ruin charm lolololololol <- and that's when I would stop playing the game. You did say back in the day, Grinders and GP(+1) are much cheaper now. that's insane.

Variant
Sep 13, 2013, 02:08 AM
forgot to mention I have over 2000 grinder in storage and collect GP(+1) from FUN. but yeah if you don't have any resources it's going to cost a lot to unlock potential x3. however it you have everything you need it wont cost much.

I swear I get about 20 GP(+1) from each FUN scratch.

Note that opportunity cost means that every +1 you use is 50k you've effectively lost.

MetalDude
Sep 13, 2013, 02:12 AM
Sometimes RNG is going to kill you regardless of how many +1's you mash into it. I've had a Lambda Salizania at Lv. 2 drop by -2 on four different occasions at +9 when using +1's with it and I fell back many times at +8 using +1's. It was fucking terrible. Sometimes awful streaks are simply unavoidable. Such is way of this stupid grinding system.

Rien
Sep 13, 2013, 02:32 AM
Note that opportunity cost means that every +1 you use is 50k you've effectively lost.

Screw economy, welcome to RNG.

Cortte
Sep 13, 2013, 02:45 AM
I seem to be on the other side of the spectrum here. I have 10m saved up to get a Baridian Wand fully decked out. I already have the fodder units and Stamina Boost affixes ready to go. However I currently cannot afford to get Premium to buy it, and despite how CHEAP it is in shops. It is still not as common I hoped for. Not even a solid weak of running White Day EQs got me one.

That wand is the one thing that will take my damage further on my TE/HU and it just isn't in the cards it seems. My only other solutions are to hunt Elysion, or get the XQ wand.

Need I say more x.x.

Nikoshae
Sep 13, 2013, 03:13 AM
And 500 more grand, and it's right back where it was at the start of that spending spree.

GALEFORCE
Sep 13, 2013, 04:29 AM
IMO, save up a good chunk of money to the point where you're reasonably sure you can +10 it in one painful sitting. Until then, leave it at +10/+9/+8. I do like to use full protects on +9s right after an AC release as well. Not so much when they're 4-500k...

Zenobia
Sep 13, 2013, 06:58 AM

Dunno but Monica and Dudu give me NP raw grinding my weps to +8 then using protect from there.

Don't hate on mah lucky streaks~

~Aya~
Sep 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
It cost around 3.8 million meseta to +10 my Motav Prophecy~

It also costs 40k per try at affixing it~

Zenobia
Sep 13, 2013, 07:39 AM

WTB>Aya's luck factor?

Railkune
Sep 13, 2013, 08:06 AM

Oi... you uh, wanna break me off a piece of that?

gigawuts
Sep 13, 2013, 08:13 AM
And 500 more grand, and it's right back where it was at the start of that spending spree.

Why do you think I keep telling you lot to just buy your 10*s pre-done?

For realsies.

Railkune
Sep 13, 2013, 08:21 AM
Though honestly, I think I'm the only one Monica likes. I haven't had a crushing experience with her yet. But since I've gone and said something about it...

gigawuts
Sep 13, 2013, 08:22 AM
Monica's got no problems with me either. Sure is confirmation bias around here.

TaigaUC
Sep 13, 2013, 08:22 AM
Generally grinding goes somewhat decently for me if I have a large stock of +1 and +10%.
If not, then I usually get screwed really hard and end up blowing tons of meseta.

For 10 stars, I get to around +6 before I start using +1 on every try, then +10% for +10 and sometimes a +5% for +9.
For 9 stars and below, around +7 or +8 before using +1s.

Be warned that +10% at +9 can fail many, many times in a row regardless of rarity.

Rexob
Sep 13, 2013, 08:25 AM
Generally grinding goes somewhat decently for me if I have a large stock of +1 and +10%.
If not, then I usually get screwed really hard and end up blowing tons of meseta.

For 10 stars, I get to around +6 before I start using +1 on every try, then +10% for +10 and sometimes a +5% for +9.
For 9 stars and below, around +7 or +8 before using +1s.

Be warned that +10% at +9 can fail many, many times in a row regardless of rarity.

Some days my 7* are a cakewalk...others, such as today, Dudu & Monica took turns destroying my hopes and dreams of ever seeing +10 lol.

pkemr4
Sep 13, 2013, 09:00 AM
took me 200k-300k to +10 emporor Aexon :3

moeri
Sep 13, 2013, 09:14 AM
Wow... you actually reset it once you got to +10? I don't think I could ever do that, just too high of cost. Then again this is from someone who has never acquired a +10 weapon. I use a +9 stella twinkle I got back during OB.

I don't grind anything unless I have at least 15mill on me

at least 15 mil... I have been playing since OB and if I combined all the meseta I have ever had I would definitely not have 15 mil... maybe 10, 5 of which came from selling a bouquet rifle.

So I really have to ask, is this serious?

UnLucky
Sep 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
I've unlocked lv3 latent in 2m before, though I had all the (+1)s and +10%s in my storage.

Other times it can be 5m just to +10 once, depending on material costs in the shops and personal luck.

But yeah, definitely use some sort of assistance at +7/+8 and up because that's when the penalty becomes total BS (as if it wasn't before). Going from +6->+1 sucks, but it would be more expensive bringing that back up if you used tickets every time.

Definitely don't get any of that ->+7 garbage, though. What a joke.

Fleur
Sep 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
Wow... you actually reset it once you got to +10? I don't think I could ever do that, just too high of cost. Then again this is from someone who has never acquired a +10 weapon. I use a +9 stella twinkle I got back during OB.

at least 15 mil... I have been playing since OB and if I combined all the meseta I have ever had I would definitely not have 15 mil... maybe 10, 5 of which came from selling a bouquet rifle.

So I really have to ask, is this serious?

Yes...? Just because you don't have money doesn't mean other people are just as poor as you.

Railkune
Sep 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
Yes...? Just because you don't have money doesn't mean other people are just as poor as you.

Your words pierce deep like an Odio to my core.

UnLucky
Sep 13, 2013, 04:43 PM
Well you can get like 1m+ daily, so it's not an outrageous sum.

Railkune
Sep 13, 2013, 04:49 PM
Well you can get like 1m+ daily, so it's not an outrageous sum.

Yeah, that's true.

BIG OLAF
Sep 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
Using +1 Protects works like a charm for me. Usually only takes about 1mil or less to get a 10* to +10. Sometimes it takes 1mil to get it to +30, ufufu.

Dnd
Sep 13, 2013, 05:56 PM
8mill to +10 my falclaws

It is what it is..

I'd quite happily suffer 17.5mill cost to grind a falclaw, considering ya know, I'd actually own one finally..

Grinding is grinding, you can spend 1mill to get 4 +10s on a 10* then the next day it could be 6 mill for 1 +10 on a 10* - even with all the booster items in the world nothing is assured at succeeding.. its a fun game really

MetalDude
Sep 13, 2013, 06:13 PM
Both grinding and affixing seriously need some overhauls soon. It's becoming clear that all the adjustments aren't stopping it from being terrible.

Sacrificial
Sep 13, 2013, 07:02 PM
Monica tends to be nicer to me than dudu lol.
and use those +1 protects I don't know why but it almost looks like it also gives a grinding buff with that 1 protection level thats better than any 20%/30% item out there.

Nikoshae
Sep 13, 2013, 08:33 PM
Why do you think I keep telling you lot to just buy your 10*s pre-done?

For realsies.

Yeah, I was just so excited to actually have something drop for me that I'd actually use lol

UnLucky
Sep 13, 2013, 09:05 PM
Finding your own rares is a death sentence

guanhian
Sep 13, 2013, 09:18 PM
My advise would be using grind risk protection (full) and a 10% increase after +8

Lostbob117
Sep 13, 2013, 10:19 PM
I cannot remember a time I used even 1mill to grind a 10* to +10.

HCO
Sep 13, 2013, 11:02 PM
I actually took the advice of this thread just now and got my first +10. Thank you, thread.

Punisher106
Sep 13, 2013, 11:12 PM
I have an avenger. 660k later, only got to +2.

Time to do the HELL out of TACOs, again.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 13, 2013, 11:38 PM
Mmmm....I just wouldn't bother with 10* in the first place. Doesn't seem worth the [S]rage effort put into them, to be frank.

/dons armor[/SPOILER-BOX]

As for actual advice... I'd invest in that item that automatically boosts your grinds to +7, then continue buying full protects until it clicks. I mean, I've never tried it, but hey, seems like the 'safest' way to go about things...

[Then again, I don't have to check prices for those, so that may be more expensive]

Edit2: Apparently it is. Carry on.

Z-0
Sep 13, 2013, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't do that, costs way, way, way too much.
Even with bad RNG, you will +10 way cheaper than spamming items like that.

UnLucky
Sep 14, 2013, 12:00 AM
Chances are you'll get to +7 ten times for the same price as a ->7. Those are the easiest grinds, so I wouldn't even suggest using anything more than grinders.

If you have no shop, use whatever boosters you have at this point, otherwise sell them and buy (+1) risk reduction in bulk for anything +7 and up. +5%/+10% for +9 or +10 only.

(+2) or Full protection and +10/+20% are for 11* or 12* weapons. Don't waste them on 10*s, seriously, they're not worth it over simply trying more times. If you have that much meseta to blow, you could have already had a lv3 latent unlocked instead of failing that +10 once a day.

Macman
Sep 14, 2013, 12:34 AM
Today I +10'd a Satellite Riser going through a massive 300,000 meseta in the process.

Oh wait...

Nikoshae
Sep 14, 2013, 12:43 AM
I actually took the advice of this thread just now and got my first +10. Thank you, thread.

I feel I have done good this day lol

MetalDude
Sep 14, 2013, 01:18 AM
I swear this game fuckin' hates me when it comes to grinding. It took 100 attempts just to reach +7 and I went down after 4 attempts with +1's. I realize that isn't the worst streak ever, but holy shit it's demoralizing.

Exiled_Gundam
Sep 14, 2013, 05:08 AM
8mill to +10 my falclaws

It is what it is..

Haha 5m in my case for my Flame Visit. After that case, for 11s and above I got afterwards (Motav and Ely Sion), I used Grind+7, and from there onwards I used grind risk protection. Buying 20 scratch items from player shop costed 2m at most, and u might get to +10 by using 5 grind risk protect.

Though I only used this method for 11* and 12* weapon. It's too expensive to be used for 10*, since u can get to +7 for much lower cost for 10* weapon

PokeminMaster
Sep 14, 2013, 06:50 AM
After reading some of these stories, I'm starting to wonder if I was blessed with some kind of ultimate luck? I got a Rikalbari (10* Bow), and grinded it to +10 in about 15 attempts...It was the first weapon I tried to grind past +5, so it was my first struggle with the RNG, I guess, so I'm really not experienced with it... XD

But, I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this much luck? I mean, it probably cost me just under 150k all-together O.o (Now, ability grinding is a whole other story, just getting Shoot III and Fang Soul >>)

Project Astral
Sep 14, 2013, 07:20 AM
^
Diving blessing or not RNG has no favorites! I got my Fossil Bower (フォシルバウアー) to +10 in literally 15 grinds (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3039758&postcount=4296) while I've also had a couple 9*s now that just would not get past the whole +4 -> +7 hump. (Seriously I hate that hump. +7 -> +10 no biggie but +4 -> +7 just ugh, shoot me now.)

So definitely be happy when you get lucky but also be ready for it to bite you in the butt next time because there will be a next time whether it's after a grinder pit stop or a whole year later Dudu and Monica will be waiting... always waiting...

Rakurai
Sep 14, 2013, 07:31 AM
After reading some of these stories, I'm starting to wonder if I was blessed with some kind of ultimate luck? I got a Rikalbari (10* Bow), and grinded it to +10 in about 15 attempts...It was the first weapon I tried to grind past +5, so it was my first struggle with the RNG, I guess, so I'm really not experienced with it... XD

But, I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this much luck? I mean, it probably cost me just under 150k all-together O.o (Now, ability grinding is a whole other story, just getting Shoot III and Fang Soul >>)

That was more or less how it turned out for mine, as well. Affixing went smoothly, as well.

My biggest nightmare with grinding was my Umblla Stick, which took around 200ish grinds and over 20 risk reducers before it got to +10.

Nikoshae
Sep 14, 2013, 07:46 AM

I generally don't have a lot of issues with grinding something to +10, but this was my first time grinding up a weapon with a special ability to unlock and level. It's a bit of a pain when you have to take something to +10 not once, twice, three times... yeah.

Ordy
Sep 14, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm not even mad (and not even done yet)

My Sweet Eru Tron Grinds (http://pso2.comuf.com/)

Nitro Vordex
Sep 14, 2013, 11:57 AM
I got my Aurava Core to +8 without much trouble, or any assists.

Then I just want to grind a 7 star all class bow. Fuck me, right?

PokeminMaster
Sep 14, 2013, 04:17 PM
^
Diving blessing or not RNG has no favorites! I got my Fossil Bower (フォシルバウアー) to +10 in literally 15 grinds (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3039758&postcount=4296) while I've also had a couple 9*s now that just would not get past the whole +4 -> +7 hump. (Seriously I hate that hump. +7 -> +10 no biggie but +4 -> +7 just ugh, shoot me now.)

So definitely be happy when you get lucky but also be ready for it to bite you in the butt next time because there will be a next time whether it's after a grinder pit stop or a whole year later Dudu and Monica will be waiting... always waiting...

That was more or less how it turned out for mine, as well. Affixing went smoothly, as well.

Well, good to know I'm not the only one it went well for XD

My biggest nightmare with grinding was my Umblla Stick, which took around 200ish grinds and over 20 risk reducers before it got to +10.

I generally don't have a lot of issues with grinding something to +10, but this was my first time grinding up a weapon with a special ability to unlock and level. It's a bit of a pain when you have to take something to +10 not once, twice, three times... yeah.

Both sound like real nightmares O.o

I don't think I'll ever be grinding again, tho, as my Katana is already +8, and I only ever use it for Katana Combat anyway... My Vardha Set is also +10, but Units seem a lot easier to grind anyway. As well, I main Braver/Techer, which is currently level 56/41, so I think I'm good-to-go XD

And to anyone having bad luck, I wish thee luck of the good, regardless of how helpful that actually is :D