PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Subpalette Glitch

gunlocksp
Sep 14, 2013, 06:07 AM
So I am wondering if others get this too... cause frankly it's getting really annoying when it disappears halfway during a quest.. making me not only unable to bring my map out, it also prevents me from switching weapons too! I can't bring out any menu out (I have to log out using alt+f4). The only thing I can do is do emots, switch to "shoulder view", and use my items.

Not sure if this is related to the above but during Amduscia TA, for some weird reason I get stuck at the beginning of the long corridor (at the end of which, one have to fight a vol dragon) unable to move and have to forcefully log out. T.T

Nikoshae
Sep 14, 2013, 06:23 AM
Are you using the English patch? Specifically the story patch? I had a similar issue, and had to finish a TA without being able to switch my weapons at all. Fortunately I was on my 'usual' weapon/skills at the time, and I knew my hotkeys well enough where it wasn't an issue finishing but ... it was a bit inconvenient.

If you're using the English patch I recommend updating it, or simply wiping it out completely for now. If this has nothing to do with the English patch then I dunno what to tell ya :D

jooozek
Sep 14, 2013, 06:50 AM
it's not related to english patch, sega fucked up something again (they announced they are aware of this bug)

TaigaUC
Sep 14, 2013, 09:50 AM
Great.

Korazenn
Sep 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
it's not related to english patch, sega fucked up something again (they announced they are aware of this bug)

^ This.

All of the English patches (English Patch / English Large Files / English Story Patch / Item Translation Patch) are fully functional. These issues with the sub-palette locking up is all SEGA's doing. As a matter of fact, it has been an on-going issue with the game. Switching between the Log Window and gameplay can sometimes cause your sub-palette to lock-up as well.

SEGA really needs to fix these issues now. They're completely inexcusable to have in an Action RPG like PSO2.

TaigaUC
Sep 14, 2013, 10:21 PM
Hey, let's be a bit more sympathetic of their circumstances!
It's really difficult to code properly and fix bugs when you're drowning in cash.

Seilan
Sep 15, 2013, 04:36 AM
So I guess the issue I've been dealing with (since I started a few days ago) is due to this same glitch? In my case, I can't even get through the beginning tutorial, because when I get to the part where I'm hit with the trap and then asked to use a monomate, after I use it, my sub-palette disappears and the only thing I can do is move the camera around (can't move, use items, access menu, etc.) Funny enough, after I alt + tab out, it then brings up the "Do you wish to logout?" window, and lets me do it...

Is there someway to get around this for the time being, or do we play the waiting game with SEGA?

jooozek
Sep 15, 2013, 05:18 AM
when you start the tutorial it asks you whether you want to skip it

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 05:52 AM
I never heard of the glitch happening on the tutorial which is a first for me, but I have seen and heard ppl say the glitch also happens after they run Nab 2 TA don't ask why this is just what I have heard and witnessed.

It never happens to me YET, but yeah seems to be a random thing that just happens.

Seilan
Sep 15, 2013, 09:10 PM
when you start the tutorial it asks you whether you want to skip it

Well, I tend to be a completionist type, so I really didn't want to skip it. Plus, I figured it would probably just happen again not long after. If it doesn't normally ever happen in the tutorial though, it might be something on my end. I may try re-installing later and see if that helps.

gunlocksp
Sep 16, 2013, 10:34 AM
So... I think the issue is fixed since it didn't rear its ugly end again (or at least I think it is... =.=")

Not sure if this works for those facing the same issue, but what I did was use the PSO2 tweaker to "Check for PSO2 Updates", > chose "No" when a pop-up appears asking if PSO2 was running fine yesterday bla bla bla.. wait for the updates to finish, and the problem's fixed! (You can then re-install the English Patch)

o0Kais0o
Sep 16, 2013, 11:09 AM
I've had this a couple times, usually in a TA seemed to fix itself though.

dejixal
Sep 16, 2013, 08:39 PM
Are you sure it isn't mouse mode being enabled? Something similar has happened to me many times before in the past and all I do to fix it is by clicking on the screen once and then pressing escape.

Seilan
Sep 18, 2013, 03:47 AM
So... I think the issue is fixed since it didn't rear its ugly end again (or at least I think it is... =.=")

Not sure if this works for those facing the same issue, but what I did was use the PSO2 tweaker to "Check for PSO2 Updates", > chose "No" when a pop-up appears asking if PSO2 was running fine yesterday bla bla bla.. wait for the updates to finish, and the problem's fixed! (You can then re-install the English Patch)

Just wanted to update and say that this solved my issue :). I also downloaded the latest story patch (the 9-11-2013 version), so that might have also contributed.

Thanks for the help!

Korazenn
Sep 18, 2013, 03:56 AM
I also downloaded the latest story patch (the 9-11-2013 version), so that might have also contributed.

It was a combination of SEGA changing the triggers with Hilda's dialogue during the Naberius II TA and the previous story patch being behind. The issue for this was fixed in the 9-11-2013 story patch, so yes, it was the outdated story patch that was causing this issue for you from before. :-)

Seilan
Sep 19, 2013, 04:25 AM
It was a combination of SEGA changing the triggers with Hilda's dialogue during the Naberius II TA and the previous story patch being behind. The issue for this was fixed in the 9-11-2013 story patch, so yes, it was the outdated story patch that was causing this issue for you from before. :-)

Ah, well that explains it. Thanks for the clarification :).

On that note, I actually had a somewhat off-topic question for you guys -- is there any way to tell if the translations are working fully after you've installed them? I ask because I've just finished the first quest (after the tutorial) and I couldn't help but notice that some of the stuff (like NPC pop-up dialogue, instructional messages, etc) isn't translated. Is that normal, or is it possible one of my patches isn't working properly?

I imagine it would be really difficult to translate all the little instructional messages and whatnot that pop-up from time to time, so I figured this was normal, but I wanted to ask just to be sure.

Thanks for any info.

Amakuni
Sep 19, 2013, 07:48 AM
nab 1 is fine , but nab 2 got the same problem , in lilipa too same problem as nab2, in amduscia in a3 i just can't move :/ and in sanctum same problem as nab 2 for the last 3 boss ;

when i got these issue i can not do anything in lobby without complete freez :/

this is getting pretty annoying , .-.

Korazenn
Sep 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
On that note, I actually had a somewhat off-topic question for you guys -- is there any way to tell if the translations are working fully after you've installed them?

If the text in story-related quests and events, menus, items, and other things are translated to English, then everything is working fine on your end.

I ask because I've just finished the first quest (after the tutorial) and I couldn't help but notice that some of the stuff (like NPC pop-up dialogue, instructional messages, etc) isn't translated. Is that normal, or is it possible one of my patches isn't working properly?

It is normal. :)

If it is not directly related to the story, you will notice that NPC dialogue, for the most part, is still untranslated. It is not a priority for us at the moment to tackle translating anything that the NPCs say because a lot of what they say (like the Arks Road Admin, Astarte, for instance) is just mindless blabber. Other parts of the game, such as Player Shops, may be untranslated in certain windows (the Item Details windows should not be untranslated for Item Titles, though) because those are server-side.

Chances are if you go to talk with an NPC for Client Orders or the like, the description of the order itself would be left untranslated, but the objective(s) and other pre-requisites displayed at the bottom of the order would be translated.

I imagine it would be really difficult to translate all the little instructional messages and whatnot that pop-up from time to time, so I figured this was normal, but I wanted to ask just to be sure.

The issue is really a matter of length than difficulty when it comes to getting these translations out. Our current focus is finishing up the English Story Patch and continuing work on translating the in-game Tutorials once done with that.

Seilan
Sep 20, 2013, 10:02 AM
If the text in story-related quests and events, menus, items, and other things are translated to English, then everything is working fine on your end.

It is normal. :)

If it is not directly related to the story, you will notice that NPC dialogue, for the most part, is still untranslated. It is not a priority for us at the moment to tackle translating anything that the NPCs say because a lot of what they say (like the Arks Road Admin, Astarte, for instance) is just mindless blabber. Other parts of the game, such as Player Shops, may be untranslated in certain windows (the Item Details windows should not be untranslated for Item Titles, though) because those are server-side.

Chances are if you go to talk with an NPC for Client Orders or the like, the description of the order itself would be left untranslated, but the objective(s) and other pre-requisites displayed at the bottom of the order would be translated.

The issue is really a matter of length than difficulty when it comes to getting these translations out. Our current focus is finishing up the English Story Patch and continuing work on translating the in-game Tutorials once done with that.

Ah ok, that's completely understandable. Thanks for the thorough clarification, and also for all the work you guys have done for the game in general. I'm sure it's no easy feat and I think I speak for everyone when I say the effort is infinitely appreciated :).