PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 This game is easy, lol

Sakarisei
Sep 15, 2013, 04:56 AM
Don't you believe me?

Try this. Without units, only 7* weapons from normal mode (But not vh and red weapons), without partners or any npc class.
[spoiler-box]
Showing my equip:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73518512/pso20130915_025932_000.jpg

Fighting vs a Blu Ringhada (Oh wait, not a blu ones...):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73518512/pso20130915_030004_002.jpg

You think that's impossible? Look it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73518512/pso20130915_033647_003.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Punisher106
Sep 15, 2013, 05:06 AM
How in the actual fuck...

Probably Deadly Archer.

Adelheid
Sep 15, 2013, 05:07 AM
Well known that this game is easy, especially as fighters or gunners. That bosses attack pattern is perhaps the most obvious of any boss in the game.

SakoHaruo
Sep 15, 2013, 05:23 AM
Charge Attack > Ring Attack > Release Rings > Repeat

and yet some people still die :-?

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 05:26 AM
The funny thing is I am not impressed lol.

Lostbob117
Sep 15, 2013, 05:37 AM
Equipment doesn't change the difficulty

Rien
Sep 15, 2013, 05:38 AM
Drill Knuckle o.o

Neith
Sep 15, 2013, 05:39 AM
I don't really think it's a surprise to anyone to know the game is easy. Admittedly Ringahda took me a little bit to recognise when he does the double tornado attack but once you know he does it after charging he becomes really easy. The only attack you have to worry about then is the iai slash (the one that causes injury status) or being run down when you try to heal.

Pretty obvious the game is easy though. Dark Falz, the biggest antagonist in PS games and he's dead in about a minute with a good party. :disapprove:

Lostbob117
Sep 15, 2013, 05:42 AM
Drill Knuckle o.o

Nope, http://arkive.info/weapons/Ridol%20Mauls

http://arkive.info/weapons/Drill%20Knuckles

SakoHaruo
Sep 15, 2013, 06:15 AM

It makes the boss fight really fun, though. I made a 50% Dark 1* Katana just for DragEx. Allowing him to go all out makes me hard. :D

Zipzo
Sep 15, 2013, 06:26 AM
You might just be the first person to ever claim that PSO2 is easy, OP. I can't even begin to comprehend the thought.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 15, 2013, 06:28 AM
The funny thing is I am not impressed lol.
He got hit lol

Ouranos
Sep 15, 2013, 06:32 AM
I was actually expecting to see TC's player data having 4000+ hrs of playtime, millions and millions of monsters kills and having 0 knockouts. jk.

Calling the game just 'easy' is misleading. It's more accurate to say the longer you play the easier the game gets. Knowing how monsters behave will make battles more predictable and therefor easier. Making your character weak doesn't change that, it'll only make boss fights longer but not harder.

SakoHaruo
Sep 15, 2013, 06:47 AM
Hm, A game made by Sega with Ninja Gaiden tier difficulty, does it exist? If it does exist I'm pretty sure it was made before the last generation of consoles, probably something in JP arcades.

BIG OLAF
Sep 15, 2013, 07:14 AM
I wonder if OP has women falling over each other just to have him sign their chests.

TaigaUC
Sep 15, 2013, 07:19 AM
PSO2's base gameplay is simply to do damage while avoiding taking damage. If you can do that consistently over long periods of time, then of course it's easy.
It's one of the many online games that is more difficult in solo, but easy as hell in groups (less risk, less penalty, challenges don't stretch out as long).
They also reward people in many ways for being in groups.

PSO2 also starts out pretty easily, and gets easier when you increase stats. Stats are designed that way.
They allow people with lesser skill to become stronger through virtual progression without bettering their real life selves.
It also allows people with skill to become even more effective.

Hm, A game made by Sega with Ninja Gaiden tier difficulty, does it exist? If it does exist I'm pretty sure it was made before the last generation of consoles, probably something in JP arcades.

Space Harrier?
I remember Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 AI being pretty irritating to deal with.

Shirokami
Sep 15, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mexican OP-kun, you ain't good, not even close to being good.
Also, you used all your damn mates there.
Also, how the fuck long did you take?

Last and most important, weapons don't exactly lower the difficulty, they just turn repetitive 1 hour fights into 2 minutes ones.
Btw, I still remember how you always told me my RA/FO builds were crap because I never got any of the special shots/traps or because I never touched the ice tree, funny days.

Dnd
Sep 15, 2013, 07:39 AM
I came expecting a video of soloing triple boosted forest/snow rare banthers lv56+, left feeling disappointed

Shirokami
Sep 15, 2013, 07:41 AM
I can get online right now and solo any boss armorless with the shittiest 1* weapon in the game.
The challenge? Not getting annoyingly bored during the fight.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 07:41 AM
not a 0 dmg run?

meh

SakoHaruo
Sep 15, 2013, 07:48 AM
I can get online right now and solo any boss armorless with the shittiest 1* weapon in the game.
The challenge? Not getting annoyingly bored during the fight.

Lv60 banshee/banther with a 1*... no damage

have fun o3o

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, the thing with games with invuln frames is a 0 damage run is about the same level of difficulty regardless of your gear level. What matters is your freaking patience.

If you want to spend 45 minutes fighting the same boss because your sword hits for 3 damage by all means, be my guest. I'll be doing something more entertaining with 40 of those minutes. Like maybe 8 more runs, I dunno.

Coatl
Sep 15, 2013, 07:56 AM
Lol, I actually did something very similar to what you did. Frustrated by how stupid easy the new area was, I decided to take on quarry exploration but make it challenging for myself. I started off with nothing. No weapons no units, and I would only kill the boss with whatever I found along the way.

I will tell you why this was a bad idea.

1. You won't get any rares so your weapons will always be a *1 vita by the end of the quest most likely.
2. My Sakura endo could still two-shot mobs with an ungrinded *1 Katana....
3. The mobs in quarry are STILL easy

I was really disappointed with the mobs. The boss fight was pretty fun, but it's obvious you are undergeared when you spend 10mins+ fighting a boss, no matter how easy a boss fight it is.

SakoHaruo
Sep 15, 2013, 08:03 AM
with a 1* Katana (+10 50% Dark) I can kill DragEx in about 6mins.

of course, with gear equiped. I'm sure a fighter can doing it under 3mins

Zipzo
Sep 15, 2013, 08:16 AM
not a 0 dmg run?

meh

I feel the same way.

The way PSO2 works almost demands that if you're proclaiming something be easy or trying to show off at anything in the game, it should be a 0dmg run.

with a 1* Katana (+10 50% Dark) I can kill DragEx in about 6mins.

of course, with gear equiped. I'm sure a fighter can doing it under 3mins

Try 30-45 seconds.

Laxedrane
Sep 15, 2013, 08:34 AM

Pretty much this.

Well weaker weapons do not change the difficulty. Weaker armor does.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 08:38 AM
I actually feel the opposite. The focus is to not be hit at all, so a longer fight gives you more opportunities to be hit. Lower level armor doesn't affect the difficulty since you shouldn't be hit at all, but lower level weapons mean a longer fight, meaning more time you can be hit.

Shirokami
Sep 15, 2013, 08:56 AM
I actually feel the opposite. The focus is to not be hit at all, so a longer fight gives you more opportunities to be hit. Lower level armor doesn't affect the difficulty since you shouldn't be hit at all, but lower level weapons mean a longer fight, meaning more time you can be hit.

You can take longer by being more careful as well.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 08:58 AM
Maybe you missed this:

The focus is to not be hit at all
A 0 damage run is fucked after one hit whether you have a billion hp or one hp

When you're playing to not be hit at all you cannot possibly be more careful because one hit will kill you. One hit wrecks the run whether you die or not.

~Aya~
Sep 15, 2013, 09:02 AM
I never take damage~ I just die~

SakoHaruo
Sep 15, 2013, 09:08 AM
Sega should add Falz Hunar and Falz Arms to Super Elder battle, but sadly, the lulz factor is too strong. Imagine trying to avoid Elder double palm strike during Falz Train while Hunar in the background doing stuff. And to make even better.....

add emergency rescue o3o

Sakarisei
Sep 15, 2013, 09:16 AM
Well... because i was seeing many messages while i was having lunch, i'll write a message for making a general reply for every user talking in this topic.

This "challenge" was just for fun, so i hadn't think about making it in 1 minute and non being touched. Furthermore, i'm not a solo player in a MMO so i'm not used to do it, so i can understand Shirokami's opinion about making much better the soloing... but eh, 35 minutes of fight and losing every mates while fighting because my extreme low level of soloing was one of the best fights that i'd seen since months...

With this topic, i'm not saying i'm the best soloer because not. I'm perhaps one of the worst soloers, so don't get surprised about my worst quality in that fight, but at least i've tried.

The true meaning of this topic is... if in any MMO, making it is the meaning of being oneshoted in very few seconds without additional opportunities, why can i beat a rare boss like Nova Ringadarl with just some 7* weapons and no units or gear? That thing should be illegal, or at least fixed because making this game interesting.

Although many people thinks that i'm making "heresy" (Because this proofs of an easy game, in this case, PSO2), i'm sharing this case with yours because i would like seeing some opinions about it. And of course, people in this game should fight for this big issues of game design.

Greetings, thanks.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 09:21 AM
The true meaning of this topic is... if in any MMO, making it is the meaning of being oneshoted in very few seconds without additional opportunities, why can i beat a rare boss like Nova Ringadarl with just some 7* weapons and no units or gear? That thing should be illegal, or at least fixed because making this game interesting.

It's like I've been saying: if you're able to avoid high damage hits you're able to avoid deadly hits.

This is just a fact of games with invuln frames.

Sakarisei
Sep 15, 2013, 09:46 AM
It's like I've been saying: if you're able to avoid high damage hits you're able to avoid deadly hits.

This is just a fact of games with invuln frames.

I agree, gigawuts. And if step, dive roll and even mirage escape were nerfed, i would like seeing more teamwork.

jooozek
Sep 15, 2013, 09:48 AM
you want dive roll nerfed? lol

Sakarisei
Sep 15, 2013, 09:53 AM
you want dive roll nerfed? lol

Dive roll is nothing bad, eh? It's near a step, but slightly more durable. Just know how using correctly, and you can get more invulnerable frames than a hu...

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 09:55 AM
I think if they reduced emphasis on being 1HKOed and killing the boss in less than 1 minute the game would be a lot more enjoyable :/

jooozek
Sep 15, 2013, 10:05 AM
Dive roll is nothing bad, eh? It's near a step, but slightly more durable. Just know how using correctly, and you can get more invulnerable frames than a hu...

oh, you can get more frames? that's cool oh wait it's not because with step you can dash around and with roll you roll, take a shit and stand up :-?
also lel step attack

NoiseHERO
Sep 15, 2013, 10:10 AM
and with roll you roll, take a shit and stand up :-?
also lel step attack

Alright you got me,

I laughed.

Sakarisei
Sep 15, 2013, 10:21 AM
I think if they reduced emphasis on being 1HKOed and killing the boss in less than 1 minute the game would be a lot more enjoyable :/

Lol of course. I would like teamwork in this game, and of course, i would like people being serious cooperating with randoms. The problem of this game is that i thinkg that Sakai is making the same mistakes that PSU had got. You know, making a game which endgame is focused in TAs, a pseudo-pvp of racing in TAs, trying demonstrating who is the king of inflicting damage to every boss, making bosses "normal mobs".

Furthermore, Sakai is not a moron. He's gaining money of people who constantly solo in PSO2, making this game a racing one, instead a MMORPG or Multiplayer RPG ones...

Players should organize themself for preventing it, or at least try changing the game, forcing Sakai to make a nice one with nice quality. Unafortunately, although i know much things about it, i can't do nothing if people doesn't want. However, remember that we're "supposedly" paying for improving game quality, but i don't see it when he's updating. I'm seeing improving more variety of aesthetic character, but not many times improving gameplay, or at least one which fixes and balances classes and subclasses, making much better tanks, healers, supports, hybrids, ect...

Greetings.

MetalDude
Sep 15, 2013, 10:24 AM
The problem is the mechanics in the game create too much of an extreme. To combat player invincibility, they throw enemies at you with stupid hitboxes or attacks that deal way too much damage/cause flinch-lock or juggle deaths. There's no real in-between.

pkemr4
Sep 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Gu/hu and Ra/hu can literally destory every boss in the game with ease

Arkanoid
Sep 15, 2013, 02:07 PM

Shinobi for PS2 on super difficulty, funny because it is their ninja game, and unlike Ninja Gaiden, the camera does not suck at all.

Z-0
Sep 15, 2013, 02:11 PM
Lol of course. I would like teamwork in this game, and of course, i would like people being serious cooperating with randoms. The problem of this game is that i thinkg that Sakai is making the same mistakes that PSU had got. You know, making a game which endgame is focused in TAs, a pseudo-pvp of racing in TAs, trying demonstrating who is the king of inflicting damage to every boss, making bosses "normal mobs".
This isn't really a problem provided the game is properly balanced around it and rewards players for effort put into the game, rather than how lucky one can be, which is what it is now.

Arkanoid
Sep 15, 2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah Ninja Gaiden 2 is kind of dull and repetitive, Black was definitely their masterpiece.

Thino
Sep 15, 2013, 03:54 PM
if anything Aculpus HP nerf proves the playerbase wants dressup more than challenge, and that's what Sakai has been giving us so far.

It doesn't help that the additional difficulties consist in enemies only hitting harder and having more HP.

We are human players, we will always adapt and figure out patterns and finally know every boss every move and everyone here is able to finish a boss while taking no damage, most of the people that take damage, do because we're just doing lazy play most of the time and don't invest the attention or/and the endurance to do so.

This same challenge could be repeated with a 1* weapon it wouldn't be more or less impressive than this one, aka not really that impressive.

Making the game more challenging at this point, would involve making all the enemies and boost better than predicahdas in terms of speed, dodging abilites and damage, give them ranged attack and techs so they don't already die from miles away as they spawn on the screen, that's how I see it.

but Super Hard, everybody know that's an "artificial" difficulty buff most likely, and this challenge will be repeatable in Super Hard.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 04:03 PM
Giving something omgwtf damage and too much health is not a challenge, people. There is no skill to be found in spamming dodge and kiting everything in the game. You want to talk about challenge? How about NOT dying in 1 flinchlock combo and having to use more strategy than placing a weak bullet to kill things faster with a 300% damage multiplier.

You want challenge? Remove or reduce weak bullet, rebalance skilltrees, and allow element respeccing for forces WITHOUT requiring extra skilltree real money purchases. Make elements matter, make melee depend on more than just 5-6 PAs, and nerf the everliving fuck out of hunter as the best subclass for half the classes in the game.

Challenge? You people don't even know what constitutes challenge. Yeah, it's subjective, but it's sure as hell not dying for mistiming a dodge by 1 frame. That's tedious, not challenging.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 15, 2013, 04:11 PM
Want a real challenge?
No units, no weapon.

Bare hands only
Don't get hit and no stepping.
Rely only on dodge

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
The thing is I shouldn't have to gimp myself in order to make the game challenging for me.

The game should be challenging even when I play with my best gear no matter how much exp I have playing my class, and that's the type of challenge I hope for.

Ya know they have ppl who would literally gimp themselves over costumes refusing to affix gear, but hey to each their own....likes its the only reason they do TA's.

BIG OLAF
Sep 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
Ya know they have ppl who would literally gimp themselves over costumes refusing to affix gear, but hey to each their own....likes its the only reason they do TA's.

Well, first and foremost, buying a costume guarantees the costume. Affixing has zero guarantee, unless you sperg it up and build fodders to give you 100%s across the board (and making the fodders isn't even guaranteed in the first place).

As I've said before, clothes are actually a sounder investment, seeing as that weapon you spend 5mil (or a shit-ton more) getting to +10 and "properly" affixing will eventually be outclassed, probably when the next area gets released, or when the next round of AQs comes out. Clothing has no stats, and therefor will never be outclassed. It's an investment that will, ultimately, pay off more; it has no planned obsolescence, as weapons clearly do. Funny, innit?

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 05:08 PM
Well, first and foremost, buying a costume guarantees the costume. Affixing has zero guarantee, unless you sperg it up and build fodders to give you 100%s across the board (and making the fodders isn't even guaranteed in the first place).

As I've said before, clothes are actually a sounder investment, seeing as that weapon you spend 5mil (or a shit-ton more) getting to +10 and "properly" affixing will eventually be outclassed, probably when the next area gets released, or when the next round of AQs comes out. Clothing has no stats, and therefor will never be outclassed. It's an investment that will, ultimately, pay off more; it has no planned obsolescence, as weapons clearly do. Funny, innit?

I am saying you should AT LEAST take a bit of time when you have produced a nice sum of money form TA's to affix you gear 2 slots is good enough and should suffice you.

I am not asking you blow all your shit on affixing like 3 is expensive and honestly 4 is for that little extra damage like ability 3 which is just 15 more raw damage which I don't think is worth THAT MUCH money I just think ppl just follow behind the trend in order to just fit in monkey see monkey do.

What I am saying is should try to at least make yourself stronger for yourself so you don't get frustrated with how weak your damage is cause I know some people like that who regret just buying costumes.

Also some costumes and accessories fall under a supply and demand rule look at Eternal F Hair its in the 9mills now I don't see that getting outclassed no time soon or the lobby actions.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 15, 2013, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't matter if something was hard anyway. The JP playerbase (which is what gets listened to) would complain, and what was hard would get easier in a few updates.

Additionally if something was hard, players would find a way to make it easy anyway.

jooozek
Sep 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
we are all going to die anyway so lets jump down the cliff like lemmings
whos first?

BIG OLAF
Sep 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
What I am saying is should try to at least make yourself stronger for yourself so you don't get frustrated with how weak your damage is cause I know some people like that who regret just buying costumes.

Right, I agree. It's not hard to balance looking good and playing good. I do it quite easily. *z-snap*

Also some costumes and accessories fall under a supply and demand rule look at Eternal F Hair its in the 9mills now I don't see that getting outclassed no time soon or the lobby actions.

"More expensive" doesn't mean "better", with hairstyles, weapons, or otherwise. I don't think you're fully gripping the definition of 'outclassed', but that's honestly okay. You got the point well enough.

Z-0
Sep 15, 2013, 05:12 PM
I thought clothing did get outclassed.

All I ever see people wearing are the latest fashion anyway, and clothes go down when they go out of rotation most of the time because people don't want them anymore, just the latest fashion.

Unless it's cast parts.
Fuck that shit is expensive.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 05:17 PM
we are all going to die anyway so lets jump down the cliff like lemmings
whos first?

dude sometimes I hate you

but my god sometimes I love you

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 05:19 PM
Right, I agree. It's not hard to balance looking good and playing good. I do it quite easily. *z-snap*

"More expensive" doesn't mean "better", with hairstyles, weapons, or otherwise. I don't think you're fully gripping the definition of 'outclassed', but that's honestly okay. You got the point well enough.

No I never said it was better I was using it as an example which was fair sense you would have amass a surplus amount for either a acc or a weapon to even buy it and that true.

Not mention amassing so much just to buy that oh so weapon or acc you wanted just to see it get wait for it.......sniped.

Also some of the 10*'s are cheap now too and are very much affordable looking at you Coast fire weps.

So yeah I got you meant I did.

@Z-0 Yuri still wears the Echo fit WHAT!?

Some of these costumes bore me if it aint Laia repca or anything cooler I wont change from echo no time soon.

BIG OLAF
Sep 15, 2013, 05:21 PM
I thought clothing did get outclassed.

"Outclassed":

People not wanting something because something else is more useful and/or efficient. In a game like PSO2, that's not even up for debate unless you bring latents into it. Example: A Daisy Chain outclasses a Space Tuna. Plain and simple. If someone wants to be better, they use the Daisy Chain (if they can find it, lol).

That does not apply to clothing. If something is 'new' and 'trendy', that doesn't make it 'better' just because more people are wearing it. The Honey Jacket is no better than the Little Prim, or the Neighbor Quartz, or the Bunny Suit, or the Jan Du, or the Crouch Replica, or the anything.

Clothing choice is all opinion, which means it's really not 'outclassing', as everyone is always going to like something different. Someone out there is always going to favor certain outfits over others, even if everyone else has 'moved on' to the newer stuff. A weapon being better is fact; there's no arguing it. The stats say it is, so it is.

So yeah, it's plenty different. I shouldn't have to flesh out simple concepts like this but hey.

The Walrus
Sep 15, 2013, 05:23 PM
but the honey jacket is crap

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 05:25 PM
but the honey jacket is crap

Almost all the costumes are for loli's 8D.

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 05:26 PM
honey jacket is op nerf pls

The Walrus
Sep 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
Almost all the costumes are for loli's 8D.

that's the worst part ;_;

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 05:35 PM
Can you guys imagine if they decided to keep in the bonuses that they were planning to give parts? Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 15, 2013, 05:37 PM
OP got fucked. No mates, and was nearly dead. I lol'd heartily. DIDN'T LOOK VERY EASY FROM MY PERSPECTIVE.

EvilMag
Sep 15, 2013, 05:42 PM
Can you guys imagine if they decided to keep in the bonuses that they were planning to give parts? Oh my god.

Oh my god.

I may be slow but what were the bonuses again? o.o

The Walrus
Sep 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
Wait what, bonuses?

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 05:43 PM
Parts and outfits originally had bonuses, but they removed them very early on. I'm talking alpha/beta stages of development. I don't know what they were, but I'm betting stuff like you find on units right now, set bonuses included.

The Walrus
Sep 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
Oh. I'm glad they didn't go through with that

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
Me too. It would've been really annoying being forced into wearing certain outfits for the bonuses, and watching nice outfits you wanted wind up being that much more expensive just for the 1% extra damage because of all the hardc0re players that would have otherwise not even cared.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 15, 2013, 05:53 PM
Parts and outfits originally had bonuses, but they removed them very early on. I'm talking alpha/beta stages of development. I don't know what they were, but I'm betting stuff like you find on units right now, set bonuses included.

Parts and clothing, in alpha, gave stat bonuses. IIRC, they actually designed units afterwards because people hated the idea of stats on clothing, and therefore removed it.

Shadowth117
Sep 15, 2013, 06:01 PM
Parts and clothing, in alpha, gave stat bonuses. IIRC, they actually designed units afterwards because people hated the idea of stats on clothing, and therefore removed it.

And thank god, because having to wear a stupid slutty outfit because my character used magic like attacks would have annoyed the hell out of me.

I commend them for doing that since so many other games don't. I like being able to customize my character without losing stats because I didn't put on a retarded looking hat.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 15, 2013, 06:03 PM
And thank god, because having to wear a stupid slutty outfit because my character used magic like attacks would have annoyed the hell out of me.

I commend them for doing that since so many other games don't. I like being able to customize my character without losing stats because I didn't put on a retarded looking hat.

Indeed. I like my starter parts, Thank you very much. -w-

Xaelouse
Sep 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
From a discussion about difficulty to a discussion about fashion
we're doomed #PackItUp

gigawuts
Sep 15, 2013, 06:14 PM
It was inevitable, really. To say the two aren't related is to ignore the fact that meseta exists, and its relation to gear, and in turn its relation to survivability and killing power.

jcart953
Sep 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
we're doomed #PackItUp

These were my exact thoughts...

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2013, 06:47 PM
Just making sure. We're all agreed that the game's way too easy? Like, there's nobody contesting it? I mean, it's kinda tough when you're new to a difficulty and you solo, but groups always destroy everything before they can do anything. It's really boring, and why I can't motivate myself to do any sort of grinding.

But, if we're all agreeing, then we may as well switch topics. Fashion's always a good one.

ChaosAngel92
Sep 15, 2013, 08:40 PM
we're doomed #PackItUp

A paradigm of the actual state of the world.

Zenobia
Sep 15, 2013, 08:52 PM
I was glad they removed stats on clothing my damn self cause watching clothing I bought and not wearing because that certain armor had better stats what!?

GTFO!

Sakarisei
Sep 16, 2013, 03:47 PM
You want a good challenge? Try it (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DOMLZVUx9OEA&h=CAQF1MyHb)

EDIT: Yup, unafortunately the quality is low, incluiding no sound, although bgm comes later.

Shadowth117
Sep 16, 2013, 03:57 PM
You want a good challenge? Try it (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DOMLZVUx9OEA&h=CAQF1MyHb)

There's a fine line between general challenge and endurance.

untrustful
Sep 16, 2013, 03:59 PM
These aren't really challenges, it's more like "Spend more time than necessary killing this enemy." The difficulty doesn't really change between uber equips and bare hand.

Arkanoid
Sep 16, 2013, 04:16 PM
These aren't really challenges, it's more like "Spend more time than necessary killing this enemy." The difficulty doesn't really change between uber equips and bare hand.

Come on now, so many people say things like this when something ridiculous like fighting a boss with your bare hands gets mentioned. It may not be fun and you may still be able to dodge attacks like always, but you can't really tell me there is no difference in difficulty between enduring a long fight using only that up-close crappy bare-hand attack against a rockbear instead of standing a few feet away and throwing deadly archer at his face 3 times.

Sakarisei
Sep 16, 2013, 04:17 PM

Lol of course not, but it was just a laughable thing that i had shown some teammates who thinks that PSO2 wasn't easy, lol.

Shadowth117
Sep 16, 2013, 04:22 PM
Come on now, so many people say things like this when something ridiculous like fighting a boss with your bare hands gets mentioned. It may not be fun and you may still be able to dodge attacks like always, but you can't really tell me there is no difference in difficulty between enduring a long fight using only that up-close crappy bare-hand attack against a rockbear instead of standing a few feet away and throwing deadly archer at his face 3 times.

Yeah but endurance isn't an enjoyable kind of difficulty for a lot of people when its like that. And to be fair, rockbear isn't even a real boss according to marker the game uses for him.

Still, bosses in this put in far more effort to kill you than in PSU or PSO for instance. I hope in Super Hard they make them faster and add moves.

The Walrus
Sep 16, 2013, 04:23 PM

It's a minute difference. Rockbear is piss easy no matter what

Arkanoid
Sep 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
Not just looking at the time it takes, or whether or not it's a fun challenge, or whether you think it's hard for you to do or not. Just saying that there is obviously some tangible difference in difficulty between getting on top of a rockbear with that slow bare-hand attack rather than killing him from a distance before he can even do anything.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 16, 2013, 05:30 PM
Not just looking at the time it takes, or whether or not it's a fun challenge, or whether you think it's hard for you to do or not. Just saying that there is obviously some tangible difference in difficulty between getting on top of a rockbear with that slow bare-hand attack rather than killing him from a distance before he can even do anything.

Take it from someone who has killed every boss barehanded out of sheer boredom, the only difference is the time it takes, not the difficulty. (other than hunar since hes kind of a pain to spawn.)

FacelessRed
Sep 16, 2013, 06:00 PM
This thread quickly turned into Elitists bashing on An Elitist for being an Elitist. http://i.imgur.com/ALtbSqT.gif

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 06:18 PM

No you just don't get it and I will say this again.

I shouldn't have to PURPOSELY GIMP myself to make the game more challenging, the game should be challenging even when I wear my best gear and have plenty of exp playing my class.

Like I want to be able to go on a run with 4 players and actually expect to be wiped if we fuck up.

The closest thing we had to a challenge was those shark guys in coast but JP players and some of us on PSO World don't like a challenge we want to be casual about it and have thing so piss easy cause if its hard then we are going to complain.

Arkanoid
Sep 16, 2013, 06:29 PM

I shouldn't have to PURPOSELY GIMP myself to make the game more challenging, the game should be challenging even when I wear my best gear and have plenty of exp playing my class.

Like I want to be able to go on a run with 4 players and actually expect to be wiped if we fuck up.

The closest thing we had to a challenge was those shark guys in coast but JP players and some of us on PSO World don't like a challenge we want to be casual about it and have thing so piss easy cause if its hard then we are going to complain.

No you just don't get that I was never saying anything about what you should have to do or what anyone thinks is fun :/

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 06:34 PM
No you just don't get that I was never saying anything about what you should have to do or what anyone thinks is fun :/

You missed my point what I said was in response to you otherwise dumb post about a ridiculous thing about going in raw against a Rock Bear with fist only therefore setting a other gimp challenge for yourself.

I gave you a perfect example of how the game should be.

So no you don't get it at all and your post are becoming very casual stop it.

Arkanoid
Sep 16, 2013, 06:40 PM
You missed my point what I said was in response to you otherwise dumb post about a ridiculous thing about going in raw against a Rock Bear with fist only therefore setting a other gimp challenge for yourself.

I gave you a perfect example of how the game should be.

So no you don't get it at all and your post are becoming very casual stop it.

I'm not saying anything about this though -_- my post was a response to one point about whether or not something is technically more difficult than something else. I'm not talking about how the game should be, just nitpicking on someone's wording.

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2013, 06:46 PM

The closest thing we had to a challenge was those shark guys in coast but JP players and some of us on PSO World don't like a challenge we want to be casual about it and have thing so piss easy cause if its hard then we are going to complain.Actually I'm starting to realize that the problem isn't just the difficulty in general but the difficulty of relevent content while leveling. There isn't enough variety. You're right, there SHOULD be hard content, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be easy content that's still worth doing. Look at Mabinogi and Guild Wars 2.

Mabi has things like Elite and Lord missions which are much higher end than most stuff but due to the games leveling system you don't HAVE to do them to progress in the game, they help you progress faster but are by no means necessary.

Guild Wars 2 has things like dungeons and Fractals which... aren't necessary at all either. I got to 80 without even touching a dungeon. But they're there, rewarding, and require more coordination than open world content for those who want it.

All the things PSO2 has that could be compared to that have asinine limits on them, and even then aren't that difficult. I still think the sharks needed to be nerfed (probably not as hard as they did), but that's because they were more frustrating than anything else in the game at the time, while being a common enemy in a normal area. I'd rather Sega make an entirely separate game mode (or two, or three) or difficulty aimed at players who want that challenge without having to make the WHOLE game like that, and without some stupid limit like daily passes. That way us casuals get what we want and those of you who want a real challenge can get what you want, and there doesn't have to be any overlap.

I actually do like a challenge every once in awhile, but a game shouldn't be pushing you to your limits constantly without a way to at least pull it back when you want. It's also worth mentioning that anything relying on player skill will get easy if you do it enough. That's just a fact of life.

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 06:47 PM
I'm not saying anything about this though -_- my post was a response to one point about whether or not something is technically more difficult than something else. I'm not talking about how the game should be, just nitpicking on someone's wording.

What he did sure would make the game difficult for himself, which really isn't efficient, that just brings me back to what I said earlier about purposely gimping myself to make it more challenging.

I am dropping the "This how the game should be" thing now.

Actually I'm starting to realize that the problem isn't just the difficulty in general but the difficulty of relevent content while leveling. There isn't enough variety. You're right, there SHOULD be hard content, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be easy content that's still worth doing. Look at Mabinogi and Guild Wars 2.

Mabi has things like Elite and Lord missions which are much higher end than most stuff but due to the games leveling system you don't HAVE to do them to progress in the game, they help you progress faster but are by no means necessary.

Guild Wars 2 has things like dungeons and Fractals which... aren't necessary at all either. I got to 80 without even touching a dungeon. But they're there, rewarding, and require more coordination than open world content for those who want it.

All the things PSO2 has that could be compared to that have asinine limits on them, and even then aren't that difficult. I still think the sharks needed to be nerfed (probably not as hard as they did), but that's because they were more frustrating than anything else in the game at the time, while being a common enemy in a normal area. I'd rather Sega make an entirely separate game mode (or two, or three) or difficulty aimed at players who want that challenge without having to make the WHOLE game like that, and without some stupid limit like daily passes. That way us casuals get what we want and those of you who want a real challenge can get what you want, and there doesn't have to be any overlap.

I actually do like a challenge every once in awhile, but a game shouldn't be pushing you to your limits constantly without a way to at least pull it back when you want. It's also worth mentioning that anything relying on player skill will get easy if you do it enough. That's just a fact of life.

This I can agree with the last part about player skill is a given.

I also agree with that Mabinogi statement PSO2 has some CO's that are needed to actually progress through the game aka Fan Banther CO for Class SP which is locked behind TA which some might not want to do or the EQ.

I could give a few more examples, but I believe we all know them already.

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2013, 07:21 PM
I also agree with that Mabinogi statement PSO2 has some CO's that are needed to actually progress through the game aka Fan Banther CO for Class SP which is locked behind TA which some might not want to do or the EQ.
Well I was more referring to how the only measure of progression is which missions you can do, and unlike GW2's Explorable Dungeons, and Mabinogi's Dungeons or Lord Missions (though shadow missions do have this problem as well), the only difference between difficulties is how fast the enemies are, how hard they hit, and how long they take to kill. PSO2 is VERY linear due to the enemy level and exp rates. The Skill point COs are a good point too though.

Because Mabinogi and Guild Wars 2, have a non-existent leveling curve, and level scaling respectively, it becomes plausible for someone to just never bother with the endgame content if they don't want to and still progress their character. That won't work with PSO2 though because there's such an emphasis on killing stuff within your level range, especially at higher levels, you HAVE to do the higher difficulties to level at any reasonable rate, and thus they can't actually make them hard, lest us casual plebs get frustrated and quit.

They need to make some alternate content for those who want a challenge like I said... which they haven't yet. >_> I say they should buff the hell out of enemies in AQs and XQs, for a start, then make them more accessible. though apparently AQs are self sustainable if you're doing good anyway.

The Walrus
Sep 16, 2013, 07:22 PM

Hey now, I like challenge but Sharkwolves were a bad type of challenge :/

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 07:28 PM
Well I was more referring to how the only measure of progression is which missions you can do, and unlike GW2's Explorable Dungeons, and Mabinogi's Dungeons or Lord Missions (though shadow missions do have this problem as well), the only difference between difficulties is how fast the enemies are, how hard they hit, and how long they take to kill. PSO2 is VERY linear due to the enemy level and exp rates. The Skill point COs are a good point too though.

Because Mabinogi and Guild Wars 2, have a non-existent leveling curve, and level scaling respectively, it becomes plausible for someone to just never bother with the endgame content if they don't want to and still progress their character. That won't work with PSO2 though because there's such an emphasis on killing stuff within your level range, especially at higher levels, you HAVE to do the higher difficulties to level at any reasonable rate, and thus they can't actually make them hard, lest us casual plebs get frustrated and quit.

They need to make some alternate content for those who want a challenge like I said... which they haven't yet. >_> I say they should buff the hell out of enemies in AQs and XQs, for a start, then make them more accessible. though apparently AQs are self sustainable if you're doing good anyway.

I didn't state the progression in the game like Mabinogi had over PSO2 cause I would believe that's a known fact given anyone has played the 2.

Also I thought when they buffed Koffies CO's this was to rule out the exp curve on lvling curve?

Also let me get this straight you call yourself a casual but I would think lvling wouldn't mater to you sense a casual would take things at their own pace lvling should be the least of your concern in this case, the difficulty of monsters sure and hard lvl content being to hard yeah.

Well it was as good as it got given there was no difficulty till they came around.

What I think sega should have done was separate how the enemy acts on each difficulty like PSU did with with the S ranks difficulties as enemies grew in aggressiveness and looked different upon each difficulty.

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2013, 07:29 PM

I agree, but things like DMC4's Legendary Dark Knight mode (http://youtu.be/N5LRXL651rE?t=3m23s), or the tribulation mode of the super adventure box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhwMZ07Lhc) in GW2, made me realize some people like that kinda stuff and there's nothing wrong with that... as long as it's not part of the normal content, which was my beef with the sharks.

I didn't state the progression in the game like Mabinogi had over PSO2 cause I would believe that's a known fact given anyone has played the 2.

Also I thought when they buffed Koffies CO's this was to rule out the exp curve on lvling curve?

Also let me get this straight you call yourself a casual but I would think lvling wouldn't mater to you sense a casual would take things at their own pace lvling should be the least of your concern in this case, the difficulty of monsters sure and hard lvl content being to hard yeah.

Well it was as good as it got given there was no difficulty till they came around.I mentioned the progression stuff because I'm an angry nerd. Also I have no idea who else here really plays mabisoyeah.

Koffie's COs stop being useful after around like level 20... It's more efficient to just use them on other classes.

You're right, I do like to level at my own pace... it's just that the level curve is even slower than that. If leveling had no effect on what skills I could use, no I wouldn't give a crap at all. Different people call different things casual. I call my self casual because I don't care about having top end gear, and run TACOs for money, not to get the best time. I auto run everywhere, and I don't feel like investing the messeta, time, and practice to figure out how to triple dagger dash. My builds run on rule of fun and won't be useful at all in the endgame, and use PAs that amuse me more than the ones that are actually effective for what I'm doing. Being casual doesn't mean I don't care about leveling, just that I don't care about being 100% effeciant in what I do, and I'm not interested in content that requires me to be 100% effeciant, unless there's a way to easily switch between being effeciant and being meh (which there isn't). I'd still like to make progress, and I don't mind if it takes me longer than other people, but I'd like to make noticeable progress while just picking a random mission I like and running around.

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 09:13 PM
I agree, but things like DMC4's Legendary Dark Knight mode (http://youtu.be/N5LRXL651rE?t=3m23s), or the tribulation mode of the super adventure box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhwMZ07Lhc) in GW2, made me realize some people like that kinda stuff and there's nothing wrong with that... as long as it's not part of the normal content, which was my beef with the sharks.

I mentioned the progression stuff because I'm an angry nerd. Also I have no idea who else here really plays mabisoyeah.

Koffie's COs stop being useful after around like level 20... It's more efficient to just use them on other classes.

You're right, I do like to level at my own pace... it's just that the level curve is even slower than that. If leveling had no effect on what skills I could use, no I wouldn't give a crap at all. Different people call different things casual. I call my self casual because I don't care about having top end gear, and run TACOs for money, not to get the best time. I auto run everywhere, and I don't feel like investing the messeta, time, and practice to figure out how to triple dagger dash. My builds run on rule of fun and won't be useful at all in the endgame, and use PAs that amuse me more than the ones that are actually effective for what I'm doing. Being casual doesn't mean I don't care about leveling, just that I don't care about being 100% effeciant in what I do, and I'm not interested in content that requires me to be 100% effeciant, unless there's a way to easily switch between being effeciant and being meh (which there isn't). I'd still like to make progress, and I don't mind if it takes me longer than other people, but I'd like to make noticeable progress while just picking a random mission I like and running around.

Nah what I mean when I say casual lvling I meant lvling at your own pace I don't mean being 100* efficient in lvling hell no lets not get that mixed at all.

First off things to mention that are optiional and not really mandatory.

TA's

Doing TA's for fastest time.

Upgrading gear.

Triple dash.

Auto running.

Having your own build.

Using PA's for the cool factor.

being interested in content.

^All of these are optional you don't have to do TA's, you don't have to upgrade you gear or triple dash, you can choose to auto run or not, having you own build or play style is all you go for it. Using PA;s in your way is also your choosing as well as being interested in content.

So by all means do what you want just be well aware of the consequences behind them and don't get mad at that person because of said above things you mentioned when he/she decides to well ya know rage or w/e.

Me personally I don't care I keep reminding myself not everyone plays like I envision and I keep that in mind always.

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2013, 09:17 PM
Nah what I mean when I say casual lvling I meant lvling at your own pace I don't mean being 100* efficient in lvling hell no lets not get that mixed at all.

First off things to mention that are optiional and not really mandatory.

TA's

Doing TA's for fastest time.

Upgrading gear.

Triple dash.

Auto running.

Having your own build.

Using PA's for the cool factor.

being interested in content.

^All of these are optional you don't have to do TA's, you don't have to upgrade you gear or triple dash, you can choose to auto run or not, having you own build or play style is all you go for it. Using PA;s in your way is also your choosing as well as being interested in content.

So by all means do what you want just be well aware of the consequences behind them and don't get mad at that person because of said above things you mentioned when he/she decides to well ya know rage or w/e.

Me personally I don't care I keep reminding myself not everyone plays like I envision and I keep that in mind always.That was my point. I don't throw the word casual around unironically as an insult. I just use it to make a distinction between two different types of playing. I have nothing against the people who do those things, I just consider my self casual because I don't.

Chdata
Sep 16, 2013, 09:24 PM
Grab all class squirt gun.

Go to ringahahdaaha.

Float in midair forever and kill him after three hours of shooting.

Easy! Never die!.

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
That was my point. I don't throw the word casual around unironically as an insult. I just use it to make a distinction between two different types of playing. I have nothing against the people who do those things, I just consider my self casual because I don't.

Which is why I further expounded upon it no worries just do your thing and if people can;t respect that then screw them its all good!

Just people who feel like this is the new trend or w/e feels this is somewhat or mandatory when it isn't.

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2013, 09:34 PM
Just people who feel like this is the new trend or w/e feels this is somewhat or mandatory when it isn't.
Eh, yeah I see a lot of people saying stuff like that. Though I'm starting to notice just how bad being poorly geared and having a poor skill tree can treat you. It takes a LONG time for that to bite someone in the butt. This wouldn't bug me so much if skill tree resets were such an exclusive thing. ;;

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 10:02 PM
Eh, yeah I see a lot of people saying stuff like that. Though I'm starting to notice just how bad being poorly geared and having a poor skill tree can treat you. It takes a LONG time for that to bite someone in the butt. This wouldn't bug me so much if skill tree resets were such an exclusive thing. ;;

I hear a lot of ppl say sega messed up by inputting the skill tree system and wish the PSU class lvling system was put back in.

This is what I hear every so often here and there,

Zorafim
Sep 16, 2013, 10:05 PM
I will admit the skill tree system is...lacking. The point of a skill tree is to customize your character. But it turns out that everyone's running the same or similar build, so, it didn't work out that well.

PSU's system, I didn't like either. First of all, it makes it so that you will never be able to enjoy a low level area, even with a lv1 class. But just the same, you can't enjoy a high level area, because you're far too weak for it. It just felt awkward. I would much rather have our current leveling system. Just, with simplified skill or removed skill trees.
Really, just give us all our abilities at lv1.

Zenobia
Sep 16, 2013, 10:20 PM
I will admit the skill tree system is...lacking. The point of a skill tree is to customize your character. But it turns out that everyone's running the same or similar build, so, it didn't work out that well.

PSU's system, I didn't like either. First of all, it makes it so that you will never be able to enjoy a low level area, even with a lv1 class. But just the same, you can't enjoy a high level area, because you're far too weak for it. It just felt awkward. I would much rather have our current leveling system. Just, with simplified skill or removed skill trees.
Really, just give us all our abilities at lv1.

^This having all these useless skills and also having to invest so much sp just to get to this very useful one is a chore. Not to mention sega has no idea where to put them further driving them at the bottom of the list instead of putting them in places more accessible

Zorafim
Sep 16, 2013, 10:32 PM
You know, WoW put a ton of thought into their skill tree. Then they said "screw it" and gave everyone the ability to press one button to be fully spec'd in their tree. Sega just made it too complex to be good.

Kondibon
Sep 16, 2013, 10:39 PM
^This having all these useless skills and also having to invest so much sp just to get to this very useful one is a chore. Not to mention sega has no idea where to put them further driving them at the bottom of the list instead of putting them in places more accessible

Yeah, I wish they'd take the arenanet approach and spend some time tweaking the skills on a regular basis instead of once every blue moon. EVERY update to GW2 has some sort of changes to just about every class's skills and/or traits to make sure they're still balanced. Sure not everything is gonna be useful but at least all the classes have multiple viable (not necessarily optimal), builds.

I could make the same complaint about Mabi though. :/ Some of the skill sets suffer from severe power creep and Devcat is only just now getting around to rebalancing things.

Naizuya Tatzubani
Sep 16, 2013, 11:56 PM
> Checks topic.

>Sees Backhand Smash, Deadly Archer, And Overend.

>Well duh its easy.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2013, 12:03 AM
> Checks topic.

>Sees Backhand Smash, Deadly Archer, And Overend.

>Well duh its easy.

The game is easy in general. People have already stated that even if you go around bare handed and armorless the game is still pretty easy, just more time consuming.

Korazenn
Sep 17, 2013, 12:57 AM
Sega should add Falz Hunar and Falz Arms to Super Elder battle, but sadly, the lulz factor is too strong. Imagine trying to avoid Elder double palm strike during Falz Train while Hunar in the background doing stuff. And to make even better.....

add emergency rescue o3o

Why not throw in a Change Over Code Collect while we're at it? ;p

Vashyron
Sep 17, 2013, 01:37 AM
Obviously it's easy atm with our current difficulty!!! Just wait for:

Hard
Very Hard
Super Hard
Ultimate
Infinity
Bigger Numbers

..In fact it's funny to me cause so far the further it's going the easier the game is getting overall.

SakoHaruo
Sep 17, 2013, 01:51 AM
Why not throw in a Change Over Code Collect while we're at it? ;p

haha I really do believe emergency rescue could buff Falz Elder. it would definitely boost the chance of party wipe. o3o

Sakarisei
Sep 17, 2013, 03:46 PM
Obviously it's easy atm with our current difficulty!!! Just wait for:

Hard
Very Hard
Super Hard
Ultimate
Infinity
Bigger Numbers

..In fact it's funny to me cause so far the further it's going the easier the game is getting overall.

I hope your words are true. Otherwise, i see no future in pso2... even many people were doing the same things in PSU. TAs, TAs, and more, more, more TAs...

Greetings.

Vashyron
Sep 17, 2013, 03:55 PM
Sorry if it wasn't obvious enough that it was sarcasm as much as I wish it wasn't.

Railkune
Sep 17, 2013, 03:59 PM
One time... I got jumped by a pack of seawolf things. They did that deathroll strike back to back. I died.

Zyrusticae
Sep 17, 2013, 05:11 PM
Funny thing: The ridiculously long wind-up time followed by the extremely quick follow-through really throws off my JG/step timing and I frequently get hit despite how obvious the attacks are.

I actually have an easier time dodging Banther attacks because they actually just swing at you instead of having that insanely long wind-up. I don't understand how people deal with that, because psychologically it's a lot easier to react to things than to anticipate things...

Railkune
Sep 17, 2013, 05:15 PM
Funny thing: The ridiculously long wind-up time followed by the extremely quick follow-through really throws off my JG/step timing and I frequently get hit despite how obvious the attacks are.

I actually have an easier time dodging Banther attacks because they actually just swing at you instead of having that insanely long wind-up. I don't understand how people deal with that, because psychologically it's a lot easier to react to things than to anticipate things...

Yeah, I've come to realize that the kitties are actually really easy to defend/dodge. I'll admit at first they caught me off guard for being so quick, but once you learn their attacks it's a breeze.

MetalDude
Sep 17, 2013, 05:18 PM
Especially once you figure out the distance conditions for whether they'll do swipe or jump in their sequences. Then you just bait appropriately and get to work. Only thing I still hate is the dumb hitbox on the lunge repetition. It's a really stupid hitbox.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2013, 07:45 PM

I just move to the side if I see them about to attack, I did that even when they were faster.

Funnily enough if I fight a VH banter and then fight one in normal, I do worse because it's slower and I try to JG too soon. XD So yeah, I know what you mean.

Zenobia
Sep 17, 2013, 10:29 PM
I just move to the side if I see them about to attack, I did that even when they were faster.

Funnily enough if I fight a VH banter and then fight one in normal, I do worse because it's slower and I try to JG too soon. XD So yeah, I know what you mean.

Also keep in mind they nerfed the Exploration bosses so they wont do all there special moves in Normal and Hard anymore only VH will they use all there AI skills.

Like ow Vol doesn't do his death from above move anymore in normal and Hard that we all know and love.

~Aya~
Sep 17, 2013, 10:32 PM
need more megid spitting flowers of doom~ like 10+ of them in a single room, popping up to surround the players as they reach the center of the room~ AHAHAHA... MAYHEM~

Chdata
Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 PM
Also keep in mind they nerfed the Exploration bosses so they wont do all there special moves in Normal and Hard anymore only VH will they use all there AI skills.

Like ow Vol doesn't do his death from above move anymore in normal and Hard that we all know and love.

Are you sure? A friend of mines blindly started the game and I was talking to him about his first Vol Dragon fight and apparently he actually did do his death from above fireball in N mode.

Afin
Sep 17, 2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I've come to realize that the kitties are actually really easy to defend/dodge. I'll admit at first they caught me off guard for being so quick, but once you learn their attacks it's a breeze.

teach me your ways, aibou!

last time I defeated the banshee + banther combination it took me 1000AC worth of scape dolls T_T

I have to fight them for the current story quest I'm on, and I can manage up until the banther joins the banshee
then they end up stomping me to oblivion :(

HeyItsTHK
Sep 17, 2013, 10:40 PM

He still does it on hard, but it only ever killed me (when I did get hit by it) on VH, so it's a non issue really.

Zenobia
Sep 17, 2013, 10:43 PM
Are you sure? A friend of mines blindly started the game and I was talking to him about his first Vol Dragon fight and apparently he actually did do his death from above fireball in N mode.

He dosen't do it at all on Normal fought him on my Cast today and got him weakened nothing.

Your friend might be talking about when he jumps back then lands to shoot a fireball straight at you not the one where he floats in the air and charges that big ass nova fireball that 1 hit KO's you.

He still does it on hard, but it only ever killed me (when I did get hit by it) on VH, so it's a non issue really.

Whether its a non issue or not that's you, but I felt I should point that out sense this is about game difficulty thank you.

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 17, 2013, 11:23 PM
Using crappy gear = slow , end of story really

Imjake
Sep 17, 2013, 11:27 PM
Make a video instead of this. Liar.

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2013, 11:27 PM
the funny part is all of this stems back to the fact that all weapons are functionally identical

when all you do is give weapons bigger numbers, the gameplay doesn't actually change

give more interesting and more active latents (oh and make them automatically unlocked) then make different enemies weak in different ways to specific weapon abilities - bam interesting and challenging content

how many different topics can I validly say this exact thing about? I stopped counting at 10

SakoHaruo
Sep 18, 2013, 12:17 AM
too bad none of you work for Sega o3o

NoiseHERO
Sep 18, 2013, 12:20 AM
too bad none of you work for Sega o3o

I remember when this game was coming out, I was like...

"Man I'm really glad you guys aren't making this game, because ya'll would make this shit horrible."

But now...

Pretty much ANY new idea would be better than what PSO2 team did.

Sakarisei
Sep 18, 2013, 12:29 AM
the funny part is all of this stems back to the fact that all weapons are functionally identical

when all you do is give weapons bigger numbers, the gameplay doesn't actually change

give more interesting and more active latents (oh and make them automatically unlocked) then make different enemies weak in different ways to specific weapon abilities - bam interesting and challenging content

how many different topics can I validly say this exact thing about? I stopped counting at 10

Yeah, i appreciate your idea, but what's the matter with it? While people wants soloing bosses in 1 minute because they can do bug numbers, what type of interesting things can you offer him? Just ask it yourself.

A great variety of latents is nice, of course, but what type of latents do you use? Only the ones which increases your damage? I haven't seen weapons with defensive or support latents, excepting Elder Pain, Guld Milla and P-Wand ones which the two first weapons gives you health stealing (lol wtf?!) while the last one reduces pp consumption...

I haven't seen FOs with latent's rubiascient, latent's milky twinkle or latent's Dual Gaze activated. But eh, i won't say people how should they play this game because they're free of choosing it. Just, people in this game should organize if they want changing the game, because they're the responsible (Incluiding me) whom buying AC for supposedly making PSO2 a better game. Unafortunately, i haven't seen serious updates since May, and that's a real problem for this game.

Oh, and finally, i won't be saying people about organizing themselves for changing the game. But eh, i'm giving an advice about it. I aprreciate your ideas, yep, but people, incluiding japanese ones, should see the real problems of the game, making a player assembly for trying making efforts for improving this game.

Greetings.