PDA

View Full Version : A first glimpse of some of the new critters that will show up in the seabed field

Manta Oyamada
Sep 17, 2013, 09:21 AM
A first glimpse of some of the new critters that will show up in the seabed field, coming to PSO2 in November! This field will be playable at TGS.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1236525_449364408514972_328788452_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/598545_449364425181637_1133787637_n.jpg

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/image-11615784577-12687165803.html

Variant
Sep 17, 2013, 09:24 AM
Oh man, I can already hear it. "YOU KILLED MY GODDESS!"

Coatl
Sep 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
Oooo way cool. Thanks for posting.

Zyrusticae
Sep 17, 2013, 09:37 AM
NOVEMBER?!

Goddamn, we have a wait ahead of us...

Good thing I already have a badass katana to kill shit with.

Coatl
Sep 17, 2013, 09:45 AM
NOVEMBER?!

Goddamn, we have a wait ahead of us...

Good thing I already have a badass katana to kill shit with.

Well how else would they do microtransactioning if they just gave us content faster. ^^

Punisher106
Sep 17, 2013, 09:47 AM
Sheesh, here I was, expecting the seabed to look like the one from PSO1, but this looks like a combination of the inside of Nipper's shell from Banjo-Kazooie and the ruins at the very beginning of PSP2.

SakoHaruo
Sep 17, 2013, 09:50 AM
I wont get my hopes up for this. yup, not going to fall into the same tired hype. nice looking area, though.

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 17, 2013, 09:51 AM
I'll be looking forward to updates on this area. It looks cool.

Rien
Sep 17, 2013, 10:04 AM
Oh god it's a water temple

I hate water temples

yoshiblue
Sep 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
Time to get wrecked by sea beasties. (In November)

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2013, 10:28 AM
I love water temples.

This is like a glowy water temple from Zelda Twilight Princess.

That has me all tingly.

The Walrus
Sep 17, 2013, 10:30 AM
CRABS! FUCK YES!

Emp
Sep 17, 2013, 10:33 AM

I hate water temples

Im guessing ur hate stems from ur frustation with Zelda games?

Thino
Sep 17, 2013, 10:37 AM
No dog reskins?

Arkanoid
Sep 17, 2013, 10:42 AM
No dog reskins?

I'm pretty sure there was an enemy in the data with a name like MARINEDOG. I was thinking it might be more like a Delbiter from PSO seabed, but don't lose hope just yet on a gulf re-skin okay?

The Walrus
Sep 17, 2013, 10:44 AM
>Delbiter

Fuck. No.

Galax
Sep 17, 2013, 10:46 AM
>Delbiter

Fuck. No.

This.

HIT0SHI
Sep 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
It begins...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/001/b/9/Crab_Battle_by_OmalleyFlowers.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Terrence
Sep 17, 2013, 10:49 AM
>Delbiter
Fuck. No.

Fuck. Yes. A cool foe in Pso Seabed with Del Depth and Morfos !
Well, here comes a really nice new zone (Quarry was bad for me).

Ezodagrom
Sep 17, 2013, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure there was an enemy in the data with a name like MARINEDOG. I was thinking it might be more like a Delbiter from PSO seabed, but don't lose hope just yet on a gulf re-skin okay?
MarineDog is Aculpus, from the coast area.
There's an enemy with the internal name AbyssDog, and enemies with the "Abyss" in their name seem to be for Seabed, but it's probably just an Aculpus reskin...

Korazenn
Sep 17, 2013, 11:00 AM
I had a hunch that the next area would be the Seabed. Looks great thus far! Hoping that it will be have better bosses, though. The enemy and stage design are unique; definitely a welcome change of formula compared to past designs in-game.

Z-0
Sep 17, 2013, 11:00 AM
Unless this new map adds anything substantial to the game (it won't), I won't really care.

I've only played Quarry like twice. :/

Arialle
Sep 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
finally a map that looks like its inside a damm building rather than open outdoors......

im surprised that there is no tentacles....yet

Hosaka
Sep 17, 2013, 11:07 AM
God, I fucking hate enemy crabs in video games.

Every other fucking mob in FFXI was a goddamn crab.

Fuck crabs.

Variant
Sep 17, 2013, 11:09 AM
God, I fucking hate enemy crabs in video games.

Every other fucking mob in FFXI was a goddamn crab.

Fuck crabs.

Someone sounds... 8-) crabby. (http://www.instantcsi.com)

Hosaka
Sep 17, 2013, 11:09 AM
...I walked right into that one.

AlaskanKactus
Sep 17, 2013, 11:36 AM
Ooo That looks nice!

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we get ANOTHER gulf reskin.

Shirai
Sep 17, 2013, 11:46 AM
This seems pretty awesome.

@AlaskanKactus: don't jinx it. There mght be a wolf-crab hybrid.

Coatl
Sep 17, 2013, 12:01 PM
Unless this new map adds anything substantial to the game (it won't), I won't really care.

I've only played Quarry like twice. :/

What's more to expect than the regular 3 new arks quests and 1 free explore? 3:
I mean...that IS all we're getting.. >.> no one has their hopes up I hope.

D-Inferno
Sep 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
The only this that interests me is the fact that this will be post SH, which probably means Lv65 enemies.

But Coast/Quarry/Seabed AQs will come out eventually, so lol. Could be interesting, provided bursts get fixed on their release.

Xaelouse
Sep 17, 2013, 12:49 PM
The only this that interests me is the fact that this will be post SH, which probably means Lv65 enemies.

But Coast/Quarry/Seabed AQs will come out eventually, so lol. Could be interesting, provided bursts get fixed on their release.

dont kid yourself

Enforcer MKV
Sep 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
*Eyes glimmer*

ATTACK IT'S WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

[SPOILER-BOX]WATAAAAAAAAAAA! http://imageshack.us/a/img43/9851/agx0.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Smithee
Sep 17, 2013, 01:27 PM
Called it
[SPOILER-BOX]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090524214545/zelda/images/a/a1/Zora_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Sep 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
Screenshots on the first post look nice, better than many of the other areas I think.
But still kind of dull in terms of contrast between light and shadow.
PSO2 in general would look much better if they put more effort into complex lighting.
The lighting is what makes recent games look so good.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 17, 2013, 01:42 PM
Zorafim you must show me around your home

Zyrusticae
Sep 17, 2013, 01:54 PM
Screenshots on the first post look nice, better than many of the other areas I think.
But still kind of dull in terms of contrast between light and shadow.
PSO2 in general would look much better if they put more effort into complex lighting.
The lighting is what makes recent games look so good.
Not just the lighting, but the straight-up washed-out look is really working against it. I actually had the same issue with FFXIV and found that the game actually looks pretty damn good (https://sd4xaw.blu.livefilestore.com/y2p2UcyIWNLHX_IWuc4t0qNjzp0IsXZhYyOjhAwiXPZsvzl_-krsHwguROT8iakVI6PJOzMdPx45PeCsrZkYQGOPwbqZ-uiNx-8yZKEfsK_ZDw/ffxiv.exe_DX9_20130909_034502.jpg?psid=1) when it's got some added contrast and saturation. Unfortunately, I can't do the same to PSO2 because, y'know, Gameguard.

I would also appreciate some terrain normal mapping, but, well...

MetalDude
Sep 17, 2013, 01:57 PM
What's more to expect than the regular 3 new arks quests and 1 free explore? 3:
I mean...that IS all we're getting.. >.> no one has their hopes up I hope.

It's just kind of depressing to see pics of a new area and go "Well, this isn't actually going to change up anything at all is it? Yeah? No? Okay, see you in two months...". The one plus I could give to Quarry is that it feels like some of the drop rates are actually tolerable. Lambda Lacruico is the best Katana out there and it's only 10 mil. They handily fixed up the complete insanity of trying to find a 10* Katana. Boss drops don't feel nearly impossible to find or there's simply enough interesting and somewhat valuable drops that are actually obtainable now.

But besides that item customization thing in December, I really don't know what there is to really be excited for. I'm just playing because I love my GU right now and I have a lot of friends playing. Everything around Dudu is still dumb, quests are still boring, same-y messes, and AQs got effectively nerfed (and still need to fix that 0-2 enemy spawn nonsense).

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2013, 02:06 PM
What you want is an overhaul. That won't come with anything short of massive update, not a map addition.

Railkune
Sep 17, 2013, 02:07 PM
Screw all that extra stuff. I'm excited because it's a Seabed period. I love underwater zones. And it looks to be inside of some kind of facility, which is a bonus. I'm game.

Gama
Sep 17, 2013, 02:12 PM
looks like a fludded caves.

MetalDude
Sep 17, 2013, 02:16 PM
What you want is an overhaul. That won't come with anything short of massive update, not a map addition.

Basically. I'd like to at least see talk of big changes in the future in the likeness of that item customization thing. Area updates have become almost as exciting as scratch updates. Unless Super Hard brings some legitimate changes to the table (and I really doubt it besides whatever they're doing with the enemies), it'll be old hat a month in. I want talk of PSO1/PSU-like questing and whatnot but considering it's a year in, I shouldn't be so hopeful.

Skyly HUmar
Sep 17, 2013, 02:53 PM
Basically. I'd like to at least see talk of big changes in the future in the likeness of that item customization thing. Area updates have become almost as exciting as scratch updates. Unless Super Hard brings some legitimate changes to the table (and I really doubt it besides whatever they're doing with the enemies), it'll be old hat a month in. I want talk of PSO1/PSU-like questing and whatnot but considering it's a year in, I shouldn't be so hopeful.

Super hard will be like vh, we'll get it, the AI's new buff will make people require effort to play people will adapt and it will seem easy, something will be nerfed in 1 week to a month.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Sep 17, 2013, 03:08 PM
Them nerfing the Seadogs makes it adamantly clear that they really don't care about making the game actually challenging in any way. They really weren't THAT bad, and this game was lacking in enemies that made you go "This might get ugly". SVH will just be more HP/Attack and XQ level AI.

Game model won't be changing, if it isn't interesting to you now, it won't ever be.

Anywho, long as the music is cool and the enemies are fun to steamroll it'll be a nice area to run around in for a week.

Xaelouse
Sep 17, 2013, 04:56 PM
it's been already datamined that enemies will be getting new moves, so they're putting some effort in. Lets just pray they actually took it further than throwing random surprises into a mix of sluggish enemy AI.

Railkune
Sep 17, 2013, 05:01 PM
it's been already datamined that enemies will be getting new moves, so they're putting some effort in. Lets just pray they actually took it further than throwing random surprises into a mix of sluggish enemy AI.

I have this feeling the enemies to come are going to get ridiculous. I mean, the game is relatively new. They have plenty of time to crank out some nice stuff later in.

Crysteon
Sep 17, 2013, 05:34 PM
So what's a water temple without gay puzzles and without fighting your own shadow mid way?

Okay, fine. My hopes are too high on this that I expect puzzles! How naive, aaahahaha.

BIG OLAF
Sep 17, 2013, 05:38 PM
I thought I'd be disappointed that it's not a laboratory-type of area, but I'm really digging the sunken temple look a lot more. I'm a huge sucker for 'ancient ruins' areas in games, especially when it involves water/beaches. This is a large plus.

cheapgunner
Sep 17, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hoping that they reduce the flinch rate on enemies and make enemy attack animation speed a lot higher for SVH. As it stands, Dps and full offensive builds are what most ppl use. Making the the next difficulty where u might need a fully defensive hunter and support techer in the party is a start.

jooozek
Sep 17, 2013, 05:49 PM
shit like that won't matter in MPAs
just roll the steamroller :-?
because we all know that enemy scaling to party/mpa size isn't coming ever

NoiseHERO
Sep 17, 2013, 06:00 PM
I find the only area showing signs of civiliaztion being city and lillipian areas being disappointing.

But water temple in OoT = favorite temple

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 17, 2013, 06:06 PM
you know what
itd be nice to swim

Shirai
Sep 17, 2013, 06:13 PM
you know what
itd be nice to swim

So much yes.

Wanted this ever since seeing wopal.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 17, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm really digging the whole underwater temple thing. also that its an indoor field(finally) due to the nature of the area being underwater.

Il Moro
Sep 17, 2013, 07:14 PM
Sheesh, here I was, expecting the seabed to look like the one from PSO1
always good to see new content anyway.

Kondibon
Sep 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
I find the only area showing signs of civiliaztion being city and lillipian areas being disappointing.

But water temple in OoT = favorite temple

What about Amduscia? D:

And the other planets seem to have been fucked up by the darkers, though there's that weird shell headed guy. Maybe we'll get to see where he's from eventually like with the Lilipans.

cheapgunner
Sep 17, 2013, 07:54 PM
shit like that won't matter in MPAs
just roll the steamroller :-?
because we all know that enemy scaling to party/mpa size isn't coming ever

Let Gearbox implement level and character scaling from Borderlands 2 into pso2. :-D

Chdata
Sep 17, 2013, 08:50 PM

I hate water temples

dat majora's mask

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
I think all games need a Great Bay Temple

MetalDude
Sep 17, 2013, 09:02 PM
Used to hate Great Bay Temple until I figured out how everything worked. Then it became my favorite almost solely because Zora Mask has the best swimming controls ever.

Chdata
Sep 17, 2013, 09:04 PM
The water ruins in Megaman Legends 2

.-.

And the water ruins in Megaman Legends, that was scary. Invisible enemies you can walking around or running at you, but they only appear when very close. Can the jump high enough to get to your ledge? Who knows...

Kion
Sep 17, 2013, 09:24 PM

.-.

And the water ruins in Megaman Legends, that was scary. Invisible enemies you can walking around or running at you, but they only appear when very close. Can the jump high enough to get to your ledge? Who knows...

Or something like amnesia and it chances after you foot steps. You could have a massive monster that chances you through the area, and you'd need to cooperate to set traps, operate doors, and use decoys to draw it away while the others work to complete an objective.

Zenobia
Sep 17, 2013, 10:57 PM
>Delbiter

Fuck. No.

Hell yes bring him back.

The Black Hell Hound of doom who rushes across the room trying to kill you had shit tons of HP and did omega damage and shot death lazors.

All my fucking wants.

Also inb4 exploration boss is a Giant enemy crap and we attack its weak point for maximum damage!

I am calling it now.

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 11:06 PM
Also inb4 exploration boss is a Giant enemy crap and we attack its weak point for maximum damage!

I am calling it now.

You mean this guy???

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/psp2i-beach-boss.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

SakuRei
Sep 17, 2013, 11:26 PM
A first glimpse of some of the new critters that will show up in the seabed field, coming to PSO2 in November! This field will be playable at TGS.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1236525_449364408514972_328788452_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/598545_449364425181637_1133787637_n.jpg

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/image-11615784577-12687165803.html

Hmm... Nice... Soooooooo we will breathe underwater or does it function the same as Chrono Cross where we can walk underwater? xD (Chrono Cross Bermuda Triangle Reference) or we will use/convert Photons as Oxygen? (Casts won't have a problem here since they are androids after all...)

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 11:33 PM
^
You're not in water but in an area underwater, so I doubt there'll be anything bout breathing or swimming (crosses fingers for underwater combat).

NoiseHERO
Sep 17, 2013, 11:33 PM
What about Amduscia? D:

And the other planets seem to have been fucked up by the darkers, though there's that weird shell headed guy. Maybe we'll get to see where he's from eventually like with the Lilipans.

I forgot what amduscia even was for a second,

But I meant things that weren't primitive/under-developed/not developed at all. the planets are too empty and lifeless. and sure you could have an interesting setting like this too (but this game failed at it) But I like that PSO and PSU you were learning more about an existing/existed civilization.

But this game's level designs being randomly generated tetris blocks doesn't help one bit.

.-.

I seriously need to pick megaman legends 2 back up.

But if I beat that...

Then I won't have a 3 to look forward to. T_ T)

Coatl
Sep 17, 2013, 11:41 PM
Anyone want to play the re-skin guessing game? Just guess the previous mob you think the new ones will be a re-skin of.

[Spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1236525_449364408514972_328788452_n.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I'm guessing all those will be re-skins of Krabahdas.
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/598545_449364425181637_1133787637_n.jpg
[/quote][/spoiler-box]

The way the left mob is floating, I'm going to guess its going to be a re-skin of the guardines from mines. I'm not sure what the right mob could be a re-skin of. Perhaps Fordorans?

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 11:50 PM
Anyone want to play the re-skin guessing game? Just guess the previous mob you think the new ones will be a re-skin of.

[Spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1236525_449364408514972_328788452_n.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I'm guessing all those will be re-skins of Krabahdas.
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/598545_449364425181637_1133787637_n.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

The way the left mob is floating, I'm going to guess its going to be a re-skin of the guardines from mines. I'm not sure what the right mob could be a re-skin of. Perhaps Fordorans?

1. I somehow get the feeling we'll get a re-skin of Garangos as a slug or warm.
2. Have a dumb feeling that the Free Explore boss may just be Bal Rodus variant or something close to a De Le Ro re-skin(forgot how to spell that warm's name).
3. Mid-way boss probably...............I have no idea yet.

Zenobia
Sep 18, 2013, 12:26 AM
You mean this guy???

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/psp2i-beach-boss.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I can so see this happening.

SakuRei
Sep 18, 2013, 12:48 AM
I forgot what amduscia even was for a second,

But I meant things that weren't primitive/under-developed/not developed at all. the planets are too empty and lifeless. and sure you could have an interesting setting like this too (but this game failed at it) But I like that PSO and PSU you were learning more about an existing/existed civilization.

But this game's level designs being randomly generated tetris blocks doesn't help one bit.

I seriously need to pick megaman legends 2 back up.

But if I beat that...

Then I won't have a 3 to look forward to. T_ T)

^Or this! If it's underwater battle @w@ and put on a creepy sound like in MML2 xD

So if it's not an underwater field battle, I'm guessing it might be an Underwater Temple similar to DC Universe's Aqua Man's area/shrine (if anyone bothered to get to that part if they played DC Universe Online)

Skyly HUmar
Sep 18, 2013, 01:34 AM
Hell yes bring him back.

The Black Hell Hound of doom who rushes across the room trying to kill you had shit tons of HP and did omega damage and shot death lazors.

All my fucking wants.

I am calling it now.

I want ill gills with ridiculous dash attack speed and instakill scythe attacks! I do miss delbiter's instadeath mode on ultimate though... nothing worse than struggling to hit something then after a while it goes into ifItouchyouitsgonnakillyou mode.

Shambertin
Sep 18, 2013, 02:09 AM
haha so knew this was coming inb4 olga flow look alike boss/ delbiters return

Skyly HUmar
Sep 18, 2013, 02:28 AM
haha so knew this was coming inb4 olga flow look alike boss/ delbiters return

Dont get your hopes up divine ;p. I cant wait to see the new seabed boss though, its got some pretty big shoes to fill.

Shambertin
Sep 18, 2013, 02:29 AM
Dont get your hopes up divine ;p. I cant wait to see the new seabed boss though, its got some pretty big shoes to fill.

i don't get my hopes up lol if i want to fight olga flow i will play infinity.

i was merely suggesting segac would be lazy and just put them in instead of making new bosses

Skyly HUmar
Sep 18, 2013, 02:50 AM
i don't get my hopes up lol if i want to fight olga flow i will play infinity.

i was merely suggesting segac would be lazy and just put them in instead of making new bosses

oh X.x. Im kinda hoping they put him in at some point. that dak flow man B).

Sandmind
Sep 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/598545_449364425181637_1133787637_n.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Took me until I saw it again this morning to understand this hydra will similar be to Luda Sorcerer, as in both tanky and using techniques, ice from right head, fire from middle head and lightning from left head. It's nice that they are diversifying damage type, instead of making almost everything hit with melee all the time.

Krimson
Sep 18, 2013, 10:38 AM
Now there will be one more area for beach planet, I have a feeling I'll like this area.
Coastal area was too bright and too annoying.
TBH I'm more interested in super hard difficulty the areas are nice and all but I want more sp and easier 10* drops.

strikerhunter
Sep 18, 2013, 10:46 AM
Now there will be one more area for beach planet, I have a feeling I'll like this area.
Coastal area was too bright and too annoying.
TBH I'm more interested in super hard difficulty the areas are nice and all but I want more sp and easier 10* drops.

Quarry's easy 10* katana drops maybe a sign but I wouldn't have my hopes high up.

Heck SVH may even start introducing 11* drops which will be a nightmare.

Krimson
Sep 18, 2013, 11:03 AM
Quarry's easy 10* katana drops maybe a sign but I wouldn't have my hopes high up.

Heck SVH may even start introducing 11* drops which will be a nightmare.

It may be a little too early for 11* drops SVH will prolly drop 10*'s easier like 7*'s now and eq's like Falz will drop same as vh just easier 10*'s no 11* hope.

Sega wants your hours before you get anything 11* [except units cuz 11* units suck compared to 10* -]

untrustful
Sep 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
Too soon for different bird darker types? Cause I'm thinking that's what we'll see in the new area. Probably tankier versions.

Kondibon
Sep 18, 2013, 11:39 AM
Too soon for different bird darker types? Cause I'm thinking that's what we'll see in the new area. Probably tankier versions.

Someone posted some scans from a magazine in another thread and I saw some bird darkers that seemed to have scythes or something. The bird darkers in general don't seem like the tanky types.

gigawuts
Sep 18, 2013, 11:55 AM

There were a couple new bipedal birdy darkers in some other images.

AgemFrostMage
Sep 18, 2013, 01:13 PM

I hate water temples

The one in Ocerina of Time was cool 8-)

pkemr4
Sep 18, 2013, 01:24 PM
something tells me this will take place in that giant temple that you see in coast exploration...

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 18, 2013, 01:48 PM
That was my theory as well

o0Kais0o
Sep 18, 2013, 01:55 PM
That would make sense, (plus I've been wanting an area based off of that), so things are looking good so far. And hey, at least its a nice looking place to be disappointed in.

gigawuts
Sep 18, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yes, the towers probably leads to a larger underwater area.

I hope one of the areas will be the tower itself, though. I miss CCA and its claustrophobic fighting with a view. Hopefully we get an area on a tropical island (jungle, obviously) and then something like XQs inside the tower without an XQ pass requirement.