http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2229

Sept 18-Sept 25th Boosts

Wind & Rain will continue with is lv51 enemies and 100% Boost
100% Rare Drop Boosts:

Mech Power Survey: Quarry
Lillipan Colony Defense
Mobile Fortress Destruction
Quarry Exploration
All Advance Quests (18th, 20th, 22nd, 24th)
Both Extreme Quests (19th, 21th, 23rd, and 25th)

Z-0
Sep 17, 2013, 10:23 PM
yay more set EQs that I really don't want to play.

not really a fan of this set EQ system, I feel like it just destroys the entire concept of EQs: something else to do while you're normally playing. especially since I would rather see EQs such as Falz or Lilipa, since they are much more rewarding than Wind and Rain (well ok Falz isn't, but it has better stuff I guess). rankings don't appear at all because of these either.

Don't like how they're doing boosts either. It's like saying "Go play this or you won't get any extras" which is just dumb, but ok.

KazukiQZ
Sep 17, 2013, 10:32 PM
Wind and Rain again? Well, the EQ is nice, but now with too many of them (and scheduled to be precise), it just not feel any Emergency on it, but more like an organized event for PSO2 :p

atm Falz EQ is more like an Emergency, there's one time where I log-in just to do some daily TACOs when suddenly the notification 'Dark Falz appeared!!!' and I was suddenly like, 'change of plan!' :o

Chdata
Sep 17, 2013, 10:34 PM
lilipa isn't rewarding at all ;v

need more haze draal 15 namegid pls

Also it is more of an organized event than an EQ. And look how much traffic it brings to the servers.

Rehal
Sep 17, 2013, 10:34 PM
Time to go play with Mr.Soma. Adds in boss room drop that 10* katana btw. >w>

Zenobia
Sep 17, 2013, 10:35 PM
The thing about these set EQ's is that most wont run a certain EQ over the other which makes it hard to get certain CO's or w/e done.

Not really feeling it myself either I was expecting super Falz or some shit....but more Win in the rain.

Shinamori
Sep 17, 2013, 10:35 PM
On the bright side, Yas9k will go back down. =P But at the same time, it's kind of a downside because it might be harder to sell them.

Coolhat
Sep 17, 2013, 10:38 PM
woa woa this is legit, XQ 100% rare boost!!

Adelheid
Sep 17, 2013, 10:40 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2229

Sept 18-Sept 25th

Wind & Rain will continue with is lv51 enemies and 100% Boost

I am so fucking pissed off right now, I was really looking forward to today knowing that Wind & Rain will be over. I want Dark Falz back, I need the EXP and Pyroxene.

ReaperTheAbsol
Sep 17, 2013, 10:42 PM
I can't even remember the last time I ran Dark Falz.

Shinamori
Sep 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'd rather have ti be random than scheduled.

KazukiQZ
Sep 17, 2013, 10:50 PM
My last Dark Falz is last week ^^;
Also, it happen during my sick day (got fever) but still get up for Dark Falz EQ when it happens (My hope for his rare drops....:ak: WHEN IT'S GONNA DROP?!!)

Adelheid
Sep 17, 2013, 10:51 PM
I've not had a Dark Falz since the Wind and Rain stuff started... is it even running?

KazukiQZ
Sep 17, 2013, 10:54 PM
Now, Falz EQ is also like his super rare drop, its so rare :(

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 10:59 PM
My last Dark Falz is last week ^^;

:P I hadn't ran a Falz in almost 1 1/2 month (closing in on 2 months).

But Really? More set timed W&R? Seems like a plan rather than EQ, W&R just doesn't have that feeling it had way back when it was one of the favorite EQs around because back then it was random for a long period of time.

I really hate these set EQs since it primarily cause a lot of traffic, was barely able to do last weekend's W&R with all the lag during cross bursts and codes.

Would rather have Super Falz or new EQ (good EQs) over old set ones.

Meh least I can praise for XQ boost though >_>

NeverDT
Sep 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
at least W+R is fun (or somewhat fun depending on how you look at it) unlike falz. arm spam is the most boring thing in existence, and if the "LOOK RNG GAVE ME THIS I'M SO COOL" thread is any indication, it actually gives payouts unlike falz's blue moon nonsense. also they had the courtesy to boost the EQ level so it's worth doing unlike everything except vardha

though I think they're scheduling far more EQs than they really need to, 1-2 a day would be fine

running quarry into the ground strikes me as strange, but it's their game

~Aya~
Sep 17, 2013, 11:10 PM
I am so fucking pissed off right now, I was really looking forward to today knowing that Wind & Rain will be over. I want Dark Falz back, I need the EXP and Pyroxene.

Yep, I want P-wand to go with my Motav Prophecy~

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=NeverDT;3042700]at least W+R is fun (or somewhat fun depending on how you look at it) unlike falz. /QUOTE]

W&R is perhaps the best EQ around along with White Day and that's pretty much about it since the update where you can start choosing which EQ to go which made City overall empty and shitty now.

Just doesn't seemed fun (to me) when it is scheduled since servers will likely run into heavy traffic.

Dnd
Sep 17, 2013, 11:12 PM
I actually feel sorry for sega, seesh you people. When falz appears alot, the complaining is endless 'We want something else, too many falzs, booo sega' yet when they give arguably the next best EQ with sexy boosts (More exp then falz/quicker then falz/people actually get rare drops) everyone suddenly jumps on the 'We want more falz bandwagon'

I cannot wait for the next week of super falz, probably in no more then 2 weeks time, to see alot of peoples views swap so quickly again, it really makes me laugh

~Aya~
Sep 17, 2013, 11:13 PM
I actually feel sorry for sega, seesh you people. When falz appears alot, the complaining is endless 'We want something else, too many falzs, booo sega' yet when they give arguably the next best EQ with sexy boosts (More exp then falz/quicker then falz/people actually get rare drops) everyone suddenly jumps on the 'We want more falz bandwagon'

I cannot wait for the next week of super falz, probably in no more then 2 weeks time, to see alot of peoples views swap so quickly again, it really makes me laugh

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I just can't..............

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 17, 2013, 11:14 PM
Im getting so close to buying a crappy 10 star sword to grind my flame brand's attribute to 50. all i need is 4 more proxyene stones! cmon Dark Falz,!!!

MetalDude
Sep 17, 2013, 11:15 PM
I'm pretty sure there's only like one or two people in this thread asking for more Falz. I just haven't seen him around in forever is my issue. Super Falz week was god awful though. I didn't want to see anything of him for a month after dealing with that nonsense. Hell, regular Falz was a beautiful sight because it meant going back to insanely faceroll 20 second arm fights instead of being reminded how annoyingly dumb the fight is with Super Falz.

But my issue with set boosted EQs is that all I'm doing is showing up for 45-60 minutes, running in circles, and maybe making a profit, then logging. Great business strategy I'm sure, but it's boring as fuck. We're only doing it because they're boosted so we don't have to deal with shitty drop rates for just a little bit. Kind of a poor hinge to rely on, don't you think?

Shirai
Sep 17, 2013, 11:18 PM

Yeah, that's nothing new. lol.
I guess after a while, some people just miss their cute little falz.

3 days into super falz, complaint threads/post everywhar.

although, the boosts are nice.
Hope it benefits more people.

Won't benefit me since my luck is complete crap.

RadiantLegend
Sep 17, 2013, 11:23 PM
The boost is a lie. If 500% nets me nothing, then I lol at a mere 100%.

....though I could some XQ stones but aren't they just wanting us to use our current XQ passes before they implement the XQ passes trading? (._.)

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, that's nothing new. lol.
I guess after a while, some people just miss their cute little falz.

3 days into super falz, complaint threads/post everywhar.

Probably because most gets tired out of it really fast..................

The boost is a lie. If 500% nets me nothing, then I lol at a mere 100%.

....though I could some XQ stones but aren't they just wanting us to use our current XQ passes before they implement the XQ passes trading? (._.)

Boost means nothing for 10*+ except for more stones. If it were to be some boost that dose a +x% fixed boost (not multiplied) then the players would be praying for Falz EQ.

gigawuts
Sep 17, 2013, 11:24 PM
And then when nothing is scheduled and more random EQs pop up, people complain about how the EQs are too random and they'd rather know what's coming.

I wonder how many people say all of these things with each change, though. You're bound to get some people that dislikes something every time they change it up, so that's not a problem. If it's all the same people, yeah, little bit more of a problem.

I'd honestly enjoy weekly or biweekly shifts of good EQs myself. Wind and rain for one week, super falz the next week, etc. Just keep it rotating.

Imjake
Sep 17, 2013, 11:24 PM
So many stupids posting non sense. One has to wonder if some of you are just bads who don't know what they are doing.

Rexob
Sep 17, 2013, 11:26 PM

This...don't get me wrong the XP is pretty nice for leveling, but otherwise just another week of Y9Ks falling from the sky. It would be more entertaining if it was more a series of EQs than one specific one. I'm not upset, but I'm not thrilled either lol.

~Aya~
Sep 17, 2013, 11:26 PM
need falz like I had it in PSO1~ ALL DAY EVERYDAAAAAAAAAAAY~

I love wind and rain.. would just like a balance of falz and Wind and Rain EQ.

strikerhunter
Sep 17, 2013, 11:28 PM
I'd honestly enjoy weekly or biweekly shifts of good EQs myself. Wind and rain for one week, super falz the next week, etc. Just keep it rotating.

Now this, I will love.

Atmius
Sep 17, 2013, 11:40 PM
Super Falz week was god awful though. I didn't want to see anything of him for a month after dealing with that nonsense. Hell, regular Falz was a beautiful sight because it meant going back to insanely faceroll 20 second arm fights instead of being reminded how annoyingly dumb the fight is with Super Falz.

To be fair, super falz week was awful because almost every party consisted of low-ish level bravers, almost nobody with ranger main/sub for weak bullet, and just general poor damage. If super falz came back again, it'd probably be quite similar to what you get for falz arms now, since everybody has gone back to their usual classes.

EvilMag
Sep 17, 2013, 11:42 PM
The only way you would ever get 1 minute super arms fights in was going to the AQ blocks and those were always the first blocks full when Kuna's concerts were announced.

MetalDude
Sep 17, 2013, 11:48 PM
To be fair, super falz week was awful because almost every party consisted of low-ish level bravers, almost nobody with ranger main/sub for weak bullet, and just general poor damage. If super falz came back again, it'd probably be quite similar to what you get for falz arms now, since everybody has gone back to their usual classes.

This is true. Players are getting insanely strong now.

I like giga's idea though. That would actually keep the weeks kind of interesting and the introduction of AQ rdr boosts isn't half bad (given it comes around fairly often). It just seems like padding for everything else (see: dripfeed).

MUDGRIP
Sep 17, 2013, 11:55 PM
I'll be ready in block37 for the 1st instance. Anyone care to join me?

Zenobia
Sep 17, 2013, 11:57 PM

The funny thing is I never wanted WITR from jump street was actually expecting Super Falz only thing WITR is good for is getting some of your rare CO's done and or namegido farming and w/e.

Wish they would have put in Super Falz with same drop rate % and all that jazz.

Now if they rotated between WITR and Super Falz that's okay to.

xxmadplayerxx
Sep 18, 2013, 12:03 AM
I'll be ready in block37 for the 1st instance. Anyone care to join me?

Why block 37 ?

MUDGRIP
Sep 18, 2013, 12:11 AM
Why block 37 ?

should be wide open. no hassel

Atmius
Sep 18, 2013, 12:20 AM
should be wide open. no hassel
Is that in the sense "it doesn't exist"?

Sakarisei
Sep 18, 2013, 02:54 AM

A full party made of bravers is not the problem. The problem of people is... NO WB = EXTREMELY HARD. People are extremely used to instakill or oneshot DFs, convert fun into a 2nd job which goal is getting 200k-400k per run, and that's one of the main problems of the game.

I've seen how many people have left while fighting rare bosses in wind and rain or other EQs with high probability of rare drop boost because no WB nor could instakill it.

My question is... must we instakill everything for getting fun in this game?

Ezodagrom
Sep 18, 2013, 06:12 AM

Super Falz didn't just happen for 1 week or 2, it happened for 4 weeks, then a break of 2 weeks, and 1 last Falz week in the end.

Also, different people have different opinions. Those saying that they miss Falz are probably not the same as the ones who complained.

Personally I don't miss Falz and I'm okay with 1 more week of Wind and Rain...as long as it's the last one for now... (I think that more than 2 weeks in a row of a specific scheduled EQ is too much, independently of the EQ).

Aine
Sep 18, 2013, 06:28 AM
I am actually really angry at these boosts because instead of trying to fix the underlying problems with AQs and XQs they think throwing a couple of boosts at it will do the job. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why there are no AQ/XQ rooms at all.

Railkune
Sep 18, 2013, 07:02 AM
As long as the rares keep dropping, I'm saying nothing. They are the only reason I do these quests anyways.

Rexob
Sep 18, 2013, 07:09 AM
As long as the rares keep dropping, I'm saying nothing. They are the only reason I do these quests anyways.

Pretty much...and as a GU - Fang Soul fodder is everywhere for practically nothing with all of the Banshee / Banther kills.

TaigaUC
Sep 18, 2013, 07:51 AM
The whole point of these campaigns and events is to bait people into playing by constantly making them feel like "this may be the only opportunity to get items/exp/money".
I think it's kind of sad that they aren't designing the game around letting people relax and play for fun, but instead are constantly pressuring them into trying their luck and getting rich.
But, some people enjoy that, so... whatever.

gigawuts
Sep 18, 2013, 07:52 AM
This is true. Players are getting insanely strong now.

I like giga's idea though. That would actually keep the weeks kind of interesting and the introduction of AQ rdr boosts isn't half bad (given it comes around fairly often). It just seems like padding for everything else (see: dripfeed).

Glad to see some people like it.

I'd ideally want two separate permanent rotations
1. RDR, EXP, and Meseta boost rotations. Think Photon Fortune, except scheduled. You could get 2 (or all 3?) at 50% boost or 1 at 100% boost. Changes every X days, no less than 2. Why 2? To give players more breathing room with the boosts, and to occasionally allow for overlap with different EQs in #2.
2. Scheduled Emergency Quest rotation with boosted droprates. Keep it interesting and keep the flow of soul affixes high. Have every boss in the game in an EQ that's in this rotation. Yes, that means a new Bal Rodos EQ, like Big Vader or Elder Falz EQs (we're going to need a bigger boat). To cover all the bases the Christmas EQ will need to return for de marmoses and snow banthers, etc. Rotate weekly or biweekly (every EQ always available on 1 weekend day, finishing saturday or starting sunday).
2b. Scheduled Interrupt Ranking rotation (boosted or not). Allow IRs to overlap with EQs, always for something found in the EQs themselves.

Why scheduled rotations like this? Why permanent boosts? Because that's the only time that people even play anymore. People are all about the boosted rates. The boosted rates are the only ones that even seem reasonable. So make them permanent. Shift the game from getting one thing to getting many things and watch players feel better about investing time when that actually starts to happen.

Rexob
Sep 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
Glad to see some people like it.

I'd ideally want two separate permanent rotations
1. RDR, EXP, and Meseta boost rotations. Think Photon Fortune, except scheduled. You could get 2 (or all 3?) at 50% boost or 1 at 100% boost. Changes every X days, no less than 2. Why 2? To give players more breathing room with the boosts, and to occasionally allow for overlap with different EQs in #2.
2. Scheduled Emergency Quest rotation with boosted droprates. Keep it interesting and keep the flow of soul affixes high. Have every boss in the game in an EQ that's in this rotation. Yes, that means a new Bal Rodos EQ, like Big Vader or Elder Falz EQs (we're going to need a bigger boat). To cover all the bases the Christmas EQ will need to return for de marmoses and snow banthers, etc. Rotate weekly or biweekly (every EQ always available on 1 weekend day, finishing saturday or starting sunday).
2b. Scheduled Interrupt Ranking rotation (boosted or not). Allow IRs to overlap with EQs, always for something found in the EQs themselves.

Why scheduled rotations like this? Why permanent boosts? Because that's the only time that people even play anymore. People are all about the boosted rates. The boosted rates are the only ones that even seem reasonable. So make them permanent. Shift the game from getting one thing to getting many things and watch players feel better about investing time when that actually starts to happen.

This would be nice...hopefully you've suggested something similar on the actual Sega forums, because proposing here won't help. The idea is great though. If they increased the base drop rate for items, that alone would be a nice change...people are all about the boosts, because with them the chances to find something go from royally sucking to moderately sucking.

Coatl
Sep 18, 2013, 09:48 AM
The whole point of these campaigns and events is to bait people into playing by constantly making them feel like "this may be the only opportunity to get items/exp/money".
I think it's kind of sad that they aren't designing the game around letting people relax and play for fun, but instead are constantly pressuring them into trying their luck and getting rich.
But, some people enjoy that, so... whatever.

You took the words right out of my mouth. ;x

Z-0
Sep 18, 2013, 10:00 AM
Boosts make me feel obligated to play, which in turn makes me not want to play at all.

gigawuts
Sep 18, 2013, 10:08 AM
Boosts make me feel obligated to play, which in turn makes me not want to play at all.

I share the sentiment. Boosts make it feel less like you're better off now, and more like you're worse off the rest of the time. They only serve to highlight the fact that the game is intentionally choked full time, unless they grace us with an apology for doing something like deleting random files on your computer.

Which is why I say it should be completely standard.

Aine
Sep 18, 2013, 10:17 AM
Boosts only work because they are temporary. You feel obligated to play because you don't want to miss out on a limited opportunity. If you make them permanent, they lose that pulling power - we can already see it happening with the weekly boosts which by this point have pretty much become a non-factor in deciding when and what to play.

Z-0 sums up concisely my point about boosts being bad for the game in the long run. They're a band-aid solution, they don't create 'real' activity, and the price is a fall in general motivation. How many people feel like doing Soma runs now, after having experienced the boosted ranking runs? The same goes for scheduled EQs, which creates an EQ lobby waiting game.

Rexob
Sep 18, 2013, 10:24 AM
Boosts only work because they are temporary. You feel obligated to play because you don't want to miss out on a limited opportunity. If you make them permanent, they lose that pulling power - we can already see it happening with the weekly boosts which by this point have pretty much become a non-factor in deciding when and what to play.

Z-0 sums up concisely my point about boosts being bad for the game in the long run. They're a band-aid solution, they don't create 'real' activity, and the price is a fall in general motivation. How many people feel like doing Soma runs now, after having experienced the boosted ranking runs? The same goes for scheduled EQs, which creates an EQ lobby waiting game.

Very true, I find myself arranging my playtime around when the boosted EQs occur. When playing, if I don't think I could be done in time to get to a VH lobby, I just sit and wait. Although, I mostly spend my time grinding items or waiting watching movies on my Kindle so it's not as "annoying". Random boosts & EQs are more exciting. While occasionally annoying, when I see Falz announced I immediately rush to finish what I am doing, or just cancel out. I enjoyed a week of White Day and a week of Wind & Rain, but I don't like doing them two weeks in a row. Gigawuts has a great idea where boosts & EQs are done where players know which ones may occur, but it's still and random rotation.

The last day or two of Wind & Fire I didn't even bother doing it.

gigawuts
Sep 18, 2013, 10:32 AM
Boosts only work because they are temporary. You feel obligated to play because you don't want to miss out on a limited opportunity. If you make them permanent, they lose that pulling power

Well, yes, that's the point in and of itself. The boosts lose the pulling power, and the game itself gains the pulling power. By standardizing better rates on a rotation you create an opportunity to plan for specific times if you want to do something.

The goal is to break away from spamming to get 1 single item and instead promote getting multiple items with the better rates. If getting a Holy Ray becomes feasible I would actually try for it. I have ZERO intention of trying to get a Holy Ray because I know the odds are against me without overlapping boosts. I tried for 4 months to get a Demolition Comet, burned through over 300 gwana neros, and came up empty handed. So did every single other person I ran with during those runs. That's over a thousand neros worth of drops with no results. Why the fuck would anyone ever play that?

Do I feel like doing runs after the boost? The better question is whether or not I felt like doing them before the boost at all.

renji84
Sep 18, 2013, 01:03 PM

exactly how I feel

pkemr4
Sep 18, 2013, 01:18 PM
i serouslly doubt +100% will do anything with the games abyssmal 10* drop rates for weapons. (i got lucky once with emperor aex which will never occur again more then likey) also anyone notice the drop rates for 10*'s in quarry got nuked?

Railkune
Sep 18, 2013, 02:23 PM
i serouslly doubt +100% will do anything with the games abyssmal 10* drop rates for weapons. (i got lucky once with emperor aex which will never occur again more then likey) also anyone notice the drop rates for 10*'s in quarry got nuked?

Say it isn't so... I JUST started hunting for a Lambda Lacruico.

Shinamori
Sep 18, 2013, 02:51 PM
also anyone notice the drop rates for 10*'s in quarry got nuked?

I doubt it did.

Aine
Sep 18, 2013, 03:02 PM
Do I feel like doing runs after the boost? The better question is whether or not I felt like doing them before the boost at all.

The drop rates aren't the main reason why there's barely any activity on the servers at the moment. AQ blocks went from full capacity to completely empty after the burst nerf. XQs were dead on arrival when they were first implemented because of the idiotic mechanics.

SEGA is so worried about players blazing through content and getting bored of the game they've put so many restraints that there might as well be no content in the first place. In fact, there are plenty of things to do even after you've hit the cap and fixed up all your gear, it's just that SEGA won't let us do them. We've got a bunch of endgame players sitting around in the lobbies because there's no endgame content.

My solutions:

EQs - Seasonal quests should be limited-time regular quests like Border Break, instead of EQs. Let people actually play the goddamn game when they want to, not at a scheduled time by the developers or if they're lucky enough to be there when it happens randomly.

AQs - I won't say bring back exit bursts, but at least return the spawn interval and distance to they way they were before (the nerfs affected normal bursts as well, to the point that people are just ignoring crystal ETs when they come up in Wind & Rain).

XQs - Add passes to the NPC shop like capsules. This also acts as a money sink which is good from the developer's point of view, and encourages activity in other quests as well like TAs and AQs to earn money to buy passes.

If they deal with the fundamental problems and get activity going on the servers, they won't need to keep throwing boost events every week to try and get people to play.

Arkanoid
Sep 18, 2013, 03:07 PM
AQs - I won't say bring back exit bursts, but at least return the spawn interval and distance to they way they were before (the nerfs affected normal bursts as well, to the point that people are just ignoring crystal ETs when they come up in Wind & Rain).

I've been hoping for a failure on that code every time since this quest started, I'm playing that EQ for the tons of rare bosses you can easily get, not to fight a pack of respawning monkeys xD

Railkune
Sep 18, 2013, 03:12 PM
not to fight a pack of respawning monkeys xD

I lol'd.

Anyways, yeah I usually just go there to hunt 10* stuff so I can change em into passes or ExCubes.

gigawuts
Sep 18, 2013, 03:36 PM
The drop rates aren't the main reason why there's barely any activity on the servers at the moment. AQ blocks went from full capacity to completely empty after the burst nerf. XQs were dead on arrival when they were first implemented because of the idiotic mechanics.

SEGA is so worried about players blazing through content and getting bored of the game they've put so many restraints that there might as well be no content in the first place. In fact, there are plenty of things to do even after you've hit the cap and fixed up all your gear, it's just that SEGA won't let us do them. We've got a bunch of endgame players sitting around in the lobbies because there's no endgame content.

My solutions:

EQs - Seasonal quests should be limited-time regular quests like Border Break, instead of EQs. Let people actually play the goddamn game when they want to, not at a scheduled time by the developers or if they're lucky enough to be there when it happens randomly.

XQs - Add passes to the NPC shop like capsules. This also acts as a money sink which is good from the developer's point of view, and encourages activity in other quests as well like TAs and AQs to earn money to buy passes.

If they deal with the fundamental problems and get activity going on the servers, they won't need to keep throwing boost events every week to try and get people to play.

100% agreed on all counts. There's really not much else for me to say - you nailed it.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 18, 2013, 03:41 PM
Seems like they're doing this based on what other companies do = statistics. I've seen this scenario far too many times in my mmo career, and companies keep repeating it cause they just look at numbers.

strikerhunter
Sep 18, 2013, 04:59 PM
Seems like they're doing this based on what other companies do = statistics. I've seen this scenario far too many times in my mmo career, and companies keep repeating it cause they just look at numbers.

I can't actually name some that does do this tactic..........mind naming some?

GALEFORCE
Sep 18, 2013, 05:45 PM

That one Emperor Axeon is worth more than everything I've ever found combined, yo.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 18, 2013, 05:45 PM
Quite a few free mmos have done such things Dungeon Fighter Online//Dungeon & Fighter, I think Elsword has done it (or the previous version that I can't remember the names of), Dragon Nest and some others.

Every now and then you'll see some bonus exp or bonus this and that event for a limited time to get people to get on and play.

MetalDude
Sep 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
100% agreed on all counts. There's really not much else for me to say - you nailed it.

Also, if I had to add one thing to XQs: Consolidate all the stones into one type please. People are completely avoiding XQs knowing it's a complete waste of time, money, and effort when working towards a stone shop 11*, especially where the new ones are concerned. No, catalysts are not a good solution at all. They force you to waste passes on a suboptimal choice of XQ towards getting the stone you actually want. People should be able to play the XQ they want without fretting over dumb details like this.

pkemr4
Sep 18, 2013, 06:54 PM

this. so freaking much.

Railkune
Sep 18, 2013, 07:07 PM
Also, if I had to add one thing to XQs: Consolidate all the stones into one type please. People are completely avoiding XQs knowing it's a complete waste of time, money, and effort when working towards a stone shop 11*, especially where the new ones are concerned. No, catalysts are not a good solution at all. They force you to waste passes on a suboptimal choice of XQ towards getting the stone you actually want. People should be able to play the XQ they want without fretting over dumb details like this.

And this is why I appreciate the conversations on this site. Saves me from trotting off merrily just to waste my time.

MetalDude
Sep 18, 2013, 07:37 PM
I would honestly play XQs a hell of a lot more if there was no pass requirement and if they all dropped the same stones. Hell, I'd be inclined to do them even if no one was on. You know why? Because the stone shop 11* rares are the only huntable rares in the game (well, and any 10* pyroxene if you want to put it that way). You are guaranteed to get some number of stones that are directly affected by dropping rare boosts on them. You play XQs knowing that you will almost certainly obtain an 11* after playing them enough. It's crazy that they don't do this seeing how long it takes to obtain one in the first place.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 18, 2013, 07:56 PM
I've yet to do XQ's but seeing from how people talk it does remind me of another f2p mmo hold over. There was a term for this, but the name escapes me.

The DFO/DNF example would be Otherverse. You could only do one Otherverse map per day. These were brutally hard, gimmicky maps in which specific gear and drops showed up in. Each piece of gear would be part of a set for a class (and there were multiple sets per class mind you), and there were specific drops you could get that you trade into an npc for a piece of gear.

They were designed so you spent, days, weeks, months trying to get the set you want (especially since you couldn't trade em). XQ seems to be a very similar concept.

Now you didn't have to these maps, optiminally the Otherverse gear let you Otherverse better mostly (although with the right set your character could be insane), they were a nice way to skinnerbox end gamers into doing something and play.

MetalDude
Sep 18, 2013, 08:48 PM
If you want a full explanation of XQs:

-Entree requirement is 1 Extreme Pass per person (or Leader pays all); you can only acquire 1 pass a day.
-You fight through 5 floors with Lv. 60 enemies while trying to complete an objective.
-All these enemies have a chance of dropping the 9* pyroxene weapons while bosses have a chance at dropping an 11* unit or weapon (and good fucking luck on the latter).
-All enemies in general have a tendency to drop stones which be exchanged in quantities of 90 for a second level stone that are exchanged in quantities of 30 for the highest level stone, 5 of which are needed to buy an 11* weapon (or 3 for each unit).
-Each quest takes about all of 5 minutes to run (yep, seriously).

pkemr4
Sep 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
just did rain and wind EQ.... my god so many boss's and rare boss's....

Maninbluejumpsuit
Sep 18, 2013, 08:56 PM
Just an FYI for ex quest units, you can find about 4 units before you farm the stones to buy one. The drops are somewhat reliable compared to any other rare that isn't red-colored/ 10 star unit from bosses.

Not sure about weapons, but now that the JP wikia has apparently confirmed daisy chain drops from rockbears on floor 5 on sylvan wyverns, let's just say I know what I'm doing on the 20th.

HeyItsTHK
Sep 18, 2013, 09:54 PM
If you want a full explanation of XQs:

-Entree requirement is 1 Extreme Pass per person (or Leader pays all); you can only acquire 1 pass a day.
-You fight through 5 floors with Lv. 60 enemies while trying to complete an objective.
-All these enemies have a chance of dropping the 9* pyroxene weapons while bosses have a chance at dropping an 11* unit or weapon (and good fucking luck on the latter).
-All enemies in general have a tendency to drop stones which be exchanged in quantities of 90 for a second level stone that are exchanged in quantities of 30 for the highest level stone, 5 of which are needed to buy an 11* weapon (or 3 for each unit).
-Each quest takes about all of 5 minutes to run (yep, seriously).

Didn't know it stops after 5 floor intervals. I thought you just ran it all the way through until you lose or quit or something. That's kinda butt for an attempt to give end game people something to do.

MetalDude
Sep 18, 2013, 11:55 PM
Nope, you run only 5 floors of the 50 within a quest. It was probably the biggest gripe people had when they were released and I really think it's a total joke for that reason. I'd be okay with spending 1 pass if it meant allowing you to push all the way to the end.

jooozek
Sep 19, 2013, 11:05 AM
so first day of aq boost is over and gotta say, jesus christ the drop tables in city are about as shit as in coast with even normal mode shit dropping (lol braver weapons requiring 1 DEX i don't even)

Rexob
Sep 19, 2013, 11:08 AM
just did rain and wind EQ.... my god so many boss's and rare boss's....

Yup...makes farming Y9K almost stupid easy too...I have two already :D