PDA

View Full Version : 1 time logging password.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Sep 18, 2013, 07:59 PM
How exactly is this supposed to protect our accounts? I don't see the point of this aside from just being a pain in the ass for us.

It would have been better if this password was meant for selling items to the NPC's.

If i'm not mistaken when people get their accounts stolen/hacked/whatever they usually sell off their good items to the NPC's etc etc.

I'm just a little confused as to how this is supposed to protect us.

Can anyone explain this to me in detail if possible?

Coatl
Sep 18, 2013, 08:38 PM
It doesn't protect your account. It simply stops hackers from getting into your account, and selling all your weapons for real money. But since there is the shop password, they won't be able to profit off hacking you. If they can't profit from it, they will in turn stop hacking.

I think that's the idea anyway.

Alenoir
Sep 18, 2013, 09:14 PM
Do you mean the one time password or do you mean the password you gotta type to access My Shop?

If it's OTP, then unless the hackers actually have your smartphone/OTP token, there's no way they will be able to get into your account, ever.

If you mean the My Shop ones... They can stop them from selling all your things for cheap on player shop and get a buncha meseta for RMT.

Shinamori
Sep 18, 2013, 09:15 PM
Doesn't stop them from taking stuff in our storage though.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 18, 2013, 09:28 PM
If you mean the My Shop ones... They can stop them from selling all your things for cheap on player shop and get a buncha meseta for RMT.

Well that's the thing with the shop password, its kind of silly on free accounts or accounts with expired licenses. At best they would be able to grief you by selling everything to an NPC and the fist full of Meseta they DO make is stuck on your account anyway.

Even IF you have a shop open and they sell your stuff for a good chunk of meseta, how do they transfer it over to themselves? Are the gift boxes capable of taking meseta?

Z-0
Sep 18, 2013, 09:32 PM
Even IF you have a shop open and they sell your stuff for a good chunk of meseta, how do they transfer it over to themselves? Are the gift boxes capable of taking meseta?
get ready for this

they put an item in their shop

Vintasticvin
Sep 18, 2013, 09:38 PM
get ready for this

they put an item in their shop

And they sell it for the amount of meseta hacked account has

Dragon_Knight
Sep 18, 2013, 09:53 PM
And they sell it for the amount of meseta hacked account has

Ok that makes sense to a degree. A few holes in it such as the item they want to sell going for odd amounts of meseta and to the same account over and over, but I guess it is Sega we are talking about, so yea I see your point. Yet I still fail to see how the password will help much though, since if they have enough info on the person to get into the account to begin with how would they not be able to get the secondary password reset?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Sep 19, 2013, 04:40 AM
Ok thanks for the explanation. I actually thought it was so that our stored items and items on our character would be protected.

Sega should have done it like that. Make it so that we input a pass everytime we log in. Otherwise we can't npc things or take things out of our storage.