PDA

View Full Version : does 250% boost really give 250%?

pkemr4
Sep 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
i was doing a XQ and someone told me that you only get 25% or 75% instead of 250% when using the 250% rare drop boost item. is that true?

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 23, 2013, 12:47 PM
I don't know the accurate scale

But it's still a shitty boost

Sizustar
Sep 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
i was doing a XQ and someone told me that you only get 25% or 75% instead of 250% when using the 250% rare drop boost item. is that true?

No, it's 250%, but let's say, if a item's drop rate is 1%, after using it, it'll now be 2.5% chance to drop.

MetalDude
Sep 23, 2013, 12:57 PM
And considering they're more than likely less than that...

Yeah, it's pretty much garbage. Save them for XQs if you're trying to get stones for an 11*. You'll see a far bigger difference there.

Jungo Torii
Sep 23, 2013, 12:59 PM
It does exactly why it says. The problem is that drop rates for a lot of good items are so abysmal that you won't notice the difference anyways.

Basic math: multiplying .00001 (give or take a few zeroes) by 250% doesn't really do much for you.

EDIT: However, they are useful for other items such as AQ or XQ stones as mentioned above. I was just speaking in the context of rare stuff.

Rexob
Sep 23, 2013, 01:22 PM
AQs and XQs are about the only places worth using boosts...I used to use mine on a lot of different things, but quickly learned the futility lol.

Shinamori
Sep 23, 2013, 01:23 PM
250% is basically, 2.5. You're increasing an items drop rate by 2.5
0.01% = 0.025%
1% = 2.5%
5% = 12.5%

P51mus
Sep 23, 2013, 01:33 PM
Aren't there 50% and 100% boosts? Shouldn't it be more like increasing a hypothetical drop rate of 1% to 3.5%?

Granted, the point still stands. Boosting a small % still results in a small %.

Shinamori
Sep 23, 2013, 01:35 PM
You can't use a boost on top of a boost unless it's a tri-boost.

100% Tri Boost + 250% RDR boost = 350% RDR, 100% EXP, and 100% Meseta.

Chdata
Sep 23, 2013, 01:42 PM
Where you partying with me lol?

Because during an AQ I was explaining why 100% and 250% drop boosts increase the amount of rare stones you get so much.

In a normal AQ, lets say the drop rate of a rare stone is 1 in 4 enemies or 25%. It might actually be around that much or so I'm not sure.

During a 100% rare boost day, this makes our drop rate 50%, or 25% + 25% because 100% of 25% is 25%.

If you use a 250% boost ticket and it's not a 100% boost day, then 250% of 25% is 62.5% which makes your drop rate 25% + 62.5% = 87.5% drop rate. I'm fairly certain that the 100% drop boost and boosts from tickets are separate and based on the base drop rate, which means if it were a 100% boost day, and you also used a 100% triboost, then you would have another +25% for the boost day and another +25% for the triboost which altogether means a 137.5% drop rate of rare stones.

For the drop rate of actual 10star rare weapons, you'd do similar math, but with their 0.01% drop rate instead of 25% drop rate.

(Reason for thinking RDR boosts apply separately is cause I do have certain data that exp boosts are like that, at least with a weapon that has Another History on it, you get 10% of the base EXP and not the EXP after your tickets).

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think there might be a drop ceiling for stones in XQ. Since Unlucky mentioned somewhere that during a 100% day with 250% boost and 100% triboost, you should get 80 stones per XQ, and I was consistently getting around 80 on what wasn't a 100% boost day with only a 50% boost, maybe. But I'm really not sure if the 100% boost day was active or not and I only have like 5 XQs of data where 3 of them we failed some of our trials.

jooozek
Sep 23, 2013, 01:43 PM
abyss x placebo = pso2

Terrence
Sep 23, 2013, 02:11 PM
The Rare Drop rates are low indeed. But I think Rare Items should remain... Rare. So, I have to agree with those microscopic rates (but not with the RNG).

MetalDude
Sep 23, 2013, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't mind them if hunting wasn't damn near impossible in this game (and if bosses and rare enemies didn't have absolutely pitiful drop rates).

Terrence
Sep 23, 2013, 02:37 PM
Hunting a very specific weapon you want so much is near impossible indeed. But there's MyShop. You use TriBoost 100% + Rare 250% during a Rare Boost Event as I did (I gained 5 10⋆ weapons thay way but you only need one to get a 10⋆ Pass) and then you run Marathon Trainings to gain around 1.000.000 Mesetas each day in order to afford the desired item at the Visophone (yeah, I know you have to be Premium to buy a 10⋆ Pass and that sucks). It won't help you hunting for your wanted items but that's a way of doing...

MetalDude
Sep 23, 2013, 02:41 PM
That's pretty much what I've done for a majority of my equipment. I own literally one useful 10* that I actually found (Lambda Lacruito). The remainder are otherwise pyroxenes (which I would have quit the game if they didn't exist considering the rates) or bought in the shop (Silica Roses, Rikalbari).

I don't mind paying for shop as it's optional but incredibly nice way of making money. Putting a paywall on a critical gameplay aspect (hunting and finding rares, but is discouraged due to RNG spawns and bad rates, mostly the former affecting the latter a lot) is pretty lame though.

TaigaUC
Sep 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
People keep saying they want rares to stay rares.
I don't care about the rarity of rare weapons. I don't feel achievement in getting lucky.
I just want good equipment.

Good equipment = clear TA faster = get richer faster = more time to do something else.

Most of the rares look terrible, anyway.
Weapon camos are a must for most rares, which also defeats the purpose of showing them off.

I've been wondering if the customization update coming in December will allow us to customize weapon colors.
Would be nice.

Goukezitsu
Sep 23, 2013, 09:34 PM

Because during an AQ I was explaining why 100% and 250% drop boosts increase the amount of rare stones you get so much.

In a normal AQ, lets say the drop rate of a rare stone is 1 in 4 enemies or 25%. It might actually be around that much or so I'm not sure.

During a 100% rare boost day, this makes our drop rate 50%, or 25% + 25% because 100% of 25% is 25%.

If you use a 250% boost ticket and it's not a 100% boost day, then 250% of 25% is 62.5% which makes your drop rate 25% + 62.5% = 87.5% drop rate. I'm fairly certain that the 100% drop boost and boosts from tickets are separate and based on the base drop rate, which means if it were a 100% boost day, and you also used a 100% triboost, then you would have another +25% for the boost day and another +25% for the triboost which altogether means a 137.5% drop rate of rare stones.

For the drop rate of actual 10star rare weapons, you'd do similar math, but with their 0.01% drop rate instead of 25% drop rate.

(Reason for thinking RDR boosts apply separately is cause I do have certain data that exp boosts are like that, at least with a weapon that has Another History on it, you get 10% of the base EXP and not the EXP after your tickets).

Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think there might be a drop ceiling for stones in XQ. Since Unlucky mentioned somewhere that during a 100% day with 250% boost and 100% triboost, you should get 80 stones per XQ, and I was consistently getting around 80 on what wasn't a 100% boost day with only a 50% boost, maybe. But I'm really not sure if the 100% boost day was active or not and I only have like 5 XQs of data where 3 of them we failed some of our trials.

There is a drop ceiling. From doing the runs i needed to get my 11* then the ones after i started to notice it and its the same in AQ w/ stones. Basically, every enemy has a max amount of stones they can drop and @ a certain point if u boost high enough you can actually make stones drop 100% of the time on trash mobs. The variance comes from stones off bosses which is why you see 15 stone difference sometimes. So there is such a thing as over boosting for stones. Seems on some missions a regular 250 with the 100% rare boost from boost days is enough which particularly tower 1 1-5 you still get 90-100 stones whether you are 450 or 350.

Also the 250 ticket math here (not the person im quoting but in general in this thread). I dunno if I'm going crazy or not but. How is 250% 2.5x? Wouldn't that make 100% tickets 1x? You have to remember the baseline for rare drop is 100% meaning you get 100% of the .01% drop rate kind of like how fury stance boost is 120% which means you get 20% more or 1.2x not 0.2x more cuz say you had 1000 s attack you now have 200 instead of 1200 (edited: better example). That means 250% is actually 3.5x when you do the math not 2.5x. 2.5x would be a 150% ticket.

The max boost is +904% or 1004% which is 10.04x which in theory if you had a lv 3 infected rare boss (added onto that 904%) you could actually force some 10*s to drop 100% of the time that way.
Refer to this: http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/02/130203a.html

Chdata
Sep 23, 2013, 09:38 PM
250% is 2.5x

I'll use exp as an example because it's easier to understand.

Lets say I 2.5x boost a 10,000 EXP drop. That's 10,000 EXP + 25,000 EXP = 35,000 EXP. (The difference is I am saying +2.5x instead of 3.5x)

If I use a 100% triboost, then my 10,000 EXP becomes 10,000 + 10,000 = 20,000 EXP.

strikerhunter
Sep 23, 2013, 09:44 PM
Here is the confusion: it's +250% or whatever the boost of the base rate. Key symbol was "+" so it is, as Chdata said actually it is 2.5x but to be more specific 2.5x + drop rate = new drop rate so basically it still results in 3.5x overall.

So whatever the rate is, multiple it by the booster then add it to regular rates and that's your new drop rate.

Shadowth117
Sep 23, 2013, 09:46 PM
250% is 2.5x

I'll use exp as an example because it's easier to understand.

Lets say I 2.5x boost a 10,000 EXP drop. That's 10,000 EXP + 25,000 EXP = 35,000 EXP. (The difference is I am saying +2.5x instead of 3.5x)

If I use a 100% triboost, then my 10,000 EXP becomes 10,000 + 10,000 = 20,000 EXP.

That's not 2.5x then. That's 1x + 2.5x. Aka 3.5x, if you'd like to think of it that way.

You have to remember, this is an additive multiplier guys. Otherwise, how would things like 50% or 75% boosters make sense? Don't even take my word for it, just use any kind of booster and examine the numbers. Meseta boosters are probably the absolute best example as it shows exactly what's being added right when you're looking at it on the ground.

As for drop ceilings, yeah a creature has a set amount of certain items it can drop ie stones and capsules in AQ. However, I'd like to think the % is still being calculated in a similar way. And overall, the advantage is, even if you don't have the chance for multiple stones from one creature, that you're more likely to get stones from every creature. While I obviously don't have any videos or such I can show as example of this, I can say from past experience there is a difference between the number of stones you'll see in AQ and XQ's based on the boosters that one has on. 50% definitely does less than 250%. This is particularly noticeable in XQ's wherein one tends to see a sort of average if spamming one particular floor set if they watch their inventory after their runs.

strikerhunter
Sep 23, 2013, 09:50 PM
As for drop ceilings, yeah a creature has a set amount of certain items it can drop ie stones and capsules in AQ. However, I'd like to think the % is still being calculated in a similar way. And overall, the advantage is, even if you don't have the chance for multiple stones from one creature, that you're more likely to get stones from every creature. While I obviously don't have any videos or such I can show as example of this, I can say from past experience there is a difference between the number of stones you'll see in AQ and XQ's based on the boosters that one has on. 50% definitely does less than 250%. This is particularly noticeable in XQ's wherein one tends to see a sort of average if spamming one particular floor set if they watch their inventory after their runs.

This also reminds me that there is a limit of items that can be on the ground on the map on your end.

Chdata
Sep 23, 2013, 09:57 PM
That's not 2.5x then. That's 1x + 2.5x. Aka 3.5x, if you'd like to think of it that way.

You have to remember, this is an additive multiplier guys. Otherwise, how would things like 50% or 75% boosters make sense? Don't even take my word for it, just use any kind of booster and examine the numbers. Meseta boosters are probably the absolute best example as it shows exactly what's being added right when you're looking at it on the ground.

Did you not even read the post you just quoted <_<

Shadowth117
Sep 23, 2013, 10:02 PM
Did you not even read the post you just quoted <_<

Forgive me, I've a bad habit of misinterpreting people at times and skimming over posts a bit.

Macman
Sep 24, 2013, 04:19 PM
People keep saying they want rares to stay rares.
I don't care about the rarity of rare weapons. I don't feel achievement in getting lucky.
I just want good equipment.
Unfortunately this community as a whole does, and uses their winning lotto tickets as their defining trait to who they are in order to maintain their special-snowflake status and God be damned if anyone happens to share the same equipment as them!

MetalDude
Sep 24, 2013, 04:33 PM
Which is largely because of how the weapon system works. It's very rare that you're looking for a weapon with good utility, but rather something that deals the most damage possible. There's no tier of weapons to choose from (merely chasing after the best options feasibly possible) and you don't hold on to any weapons for the unique purposes they serve.

So the bitching about everyone having the same weapon (which isn't necessarily true because of the sheer quantity now) is stupid. Eventually your precious, stupidly lucky find becomes easy to find and dirt cheap as it slowly becomes invalidated by the new influx of weapons. This in turn also makes it rather demotivating to hunt the damn thing in the first place knowing that it's just going to become obsolete in 2-3 months. The bad rates just aren't justified when this is how their framework operates.

Exiled_Gundam
Sep 24, 2013, 05:06 PM

Actually maybe there's no drop ceiling for XQ stones. During the XQ boost day, when I went in with 250%+100% ticket activated, and with Lucky Raise unit and weapon equipped, I got 99 XQ stones from each run of Forest XQ 31-35. When I used only 250% ticket, I get between 90-99.

UnLucky
Sep 24, 2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah, when I ran out of +100% Tris on +100% event day (with +250%), I started getting 60-70s per run. Mobs can start dropping multiple stones per kill, and I'm not sure if that's determined by overflow above 100% drop rate.

But in any case, the only real cap is 99 since there'll only ever be one stack to claim.

And all boosters are additive on the base rate. So +250% +100% +100% = +450%
If you're being discouraged that a 0.001% chance only becomes 0.0055%, consider it like a 1/1000 chance becomes 1/182! Way better, see?