PDA

View Full Version : What a strange story!!

Nick
Mar 7, 2001, 06:53 AM
Hey...whats goin on in PSO world. It seems like an infestation. Try to read the names of teams...it is plenty of: Dupers, Duping items, I dup items...and so on. Ehy man...this SUCKS!! how is it possible? i cannot believe before since yesterday.This is a true story:
"It was maybe 5 am east and i was trying to find a good team to make EXP in ruins. I am lvl 27 since i lost my first character at lvl 79 ( this is another bad story i will tell u anothertime)...i saw a team but don't remember right name and i join. When i was in the area i saw at least 50 items on the floor!! A guy was standing in front of them and while he was leaving he told me "take what u want...it s for free...they r dupped items"...i thought he was kidding but when he left i saw the true reality. I found everykind of rares: DOUBLE SABER, TWIN BRANDS, STAG, AKIKO,DELSABER, PARASITE, BAZOOKA, SPREAD, MAGICAL PIECE, RARE MAGS and many many others...how could this be possible i ask?...

DarkKnight
Mar 7, 2001, 07:35 AM
did you take the stuff?

Spy
Mar 7, 2001, 07:38 AM
Yeah DK, that's the million $$$ question

Nick
Mar 7, 2001, 07:45 AM
If i took or not is not so much important...the important thing is that dupers r growing. This will kill the real world of PSO. Who cheats eliminate that misterious that is beyond that "SPECIAL WEAPON ?"...i love the moment in which u r waiting to know what u just found. To have everything and in 1 minute is bad...really bad!! so...do u think i dropped items?...I like to find items by myself...it is more gratefull.

DarkKnight
Mar 7, 2001, 08:06 AM
If i took or not is not so much important...

hahaha

very good answer dude!http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_White
Mar 7, 2001, 08:15 AM
After playing for God knows how many hours and finding little of note, I don't know how I would react if confronted with the same scenario. I don't blame people who accept duped items in trades or as giveaways, I blame the dupers who made the copies in the first place. People on this board have been very quick to flame the dupers and cheaters, but I doubt very much that those same flamers wouldn't at least think about picking up that agito, knowing full well how it got there.

Prodigy
Mar 8, 2001, 03:05 AM
Yeah, dupers and cheaters are definitely growing. But, I think that if they want to cheat, then they should feel free to. I fell into the same situation as you Nick, when I first started playing PSO. I don't want to mention her name-she's still a good friend of mine-but she had all these rare (I mean, RARE RARE-everything you listed, and more) items laid out in the principal's office. And all were up for the taking. I didn't take any. I feel that if ppl wanna cheat, then they go ahead. But I prefer not to. I may not have something to boast about, but I can say that I haven't cheated. Oh well, that's my opinion.

Nick
Mar 8, 2001, 06:50 AM
Yeah, u r right PRODIGY!! Cheatin is bad but also losin your character due to server problems is bad too.it happens to me.i was lvl 41 with many rares traded honestly...i lost everything but i love too much PSO and i restarted again.Now i am lvl 27 still lookin for any rares but i prefer to make EXP, reach a high level and find rares by myself...i think this is the real spirit of this wonderful game. If someone want to cheat they can do it...I WON'T.

Prodigy
Mar 8, 2001, 06:59 PM
I totally agree with you, Nick! Not everyone here is a cheater. And if they are, good for them. I'm not going to stop them. It's all their decision. As for us, I'm happy to say we do things our own way. And yep, server crashes are THE worst! I lost my char too but I love PSO too much to just quit. =P

Link
Mar 8, 2001, 11:50 PM
If i where you i would have took all of it. I used to have rares good rares but all stolen i would give anything for a thing like that to happen to me.

Prodigy
Mar 20, 2001, 01:37 PM
I know what you mean Link. I've had my items too many times for me to count. Which is why now I don't usually go into public rooms anymore. I have a set group of friends and I play with them, since I trust them a lot. But even if my items were always taken, I considered duping them for safety reasons-like for when my items got stolen. But then I would be going against everything I was trying to prove here. So, I just have to deal with it. I have a terrible problem with cheaters than I do dupers. Some ppl even consider that stealing is not cheating?! Geez...I'm getting a headache...

SERGE07
Mar 20, 2001, 09:49 PM
Hmmmm?
I`ve played this game from day one.After 100
hours in dupers appeared offering me and my friends every item.I took them all,even a 999
Opa.
But you know only 15 hours after getting them the game lost the magic,there was nothing left to do.
So this is what we did,we created a new game
and systematicly deleted all our rares even opa.
We had a small moment of silence....
And guess what the game is awesome again.
There is a point here,the dupers will get bored.
The game is only so big,whats the point of a
hacked lv 100 guy with god hit points 9000
and a lv 999 mag?
What the hell is he gonna do???

Get bored of course.
The only point to the game now after 250 hours is to find rares on your own.

Prodigy
Mar 21, 2001, 03:53 AM
Serge, that's why I have never duped throughout all of my PSO career. Why play the game when you're going to have the good stuff already? Isn't a major part of the game going out and finding all the good stuff. I mean, I love it when I get that SPECIAL WEAPON from that enemy that so justly deserved his death. Haha. I'm glad you decided to change to a dupe free world. Welcome to the fun, Serge!
Anyway, yesterday I got a private message from a person whom name I shall respect and not mention. But this person told me that I should stop saying all this duping crap and let dupers be. Did I mention that I don't care whether you dupe or not? You do ur thing, I'll do mine-plain and simple, leave it at that. If that person is reading this, then oh well. You can't stop me from an opinion. For all I care, go dupe your troubles away. Lol. And what's even worse, this person said "You're a girl. What would you know about video games anyway?" Argh! If you have time, you anonymous person you, stop by my 'Girl Gamers-What do you think?" topic (located in the Off Topic forum) and read there. Oops... here I go mumbling off again. Sorry....