PDA

View Full Version : Enemy made of Meseta?

Xarioth
Sep 23, 2013, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen anything posted on this, and have encountered this ONCE when I started back playing PSO2. On one of the first missions I ran into a meseta monster! I haven't seen the picture of this monster or even any info on it anywhere! Since I have fought this monster (It doesn't seem to attack you), I'll tell you what sort of goodies you're looking at acquiring. Whenever you hit the monster, it drops A LOT of meseta, and you can get a certain amount of hits in before it "vanishes" I guess. Let's just say that after that one monster, I had over 100k meseta. Each meseta you knocked out of him was 1-2k or so, and he dropped TONS. Note I was doing this while I solo'd and had NPCs with me on an Easy difficulty mission. I don't know how rare this is, but I have not seen it since. I also didn't get any pictures sadly because well... too preoccupied with acquiring all that money! I'll describe the monster for you though - It's a GIANT floating meseta (around character height) with like 4 smaller (regular sized) meseta floating around it. No emergency codes popped up, so don't go looking for those. So I was wondering if anyone else had an encounter with this awesome money making monster!

Anon_Fire told me it was a Mesetan! Thanks to him!

The mission I found it in was the same one with pictures posted, so I have no clue if area has anything to do with it. :)

Anon_Fire
Sep 23, 2013, 02:11 PM
A new rare enemy! :)

Congratulations! You encountered a Mesetan! ^^

Xarioth
Sep 23, 2013, 02:13 PM
Yes omfg thank-you! I couldn't find ANYTHING on it when it searched it. On the EXACT same mission with the photos on it. XD

jooozek
Sep 23, 2013, 02:24 PM
this thing?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8VPv6bD.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
its really rare, if you encounter it in AQs on top of meseta it drops stones and capsules (iirc)

Xarioth
Sep 23, 2013, 02:26 PM
Yep that thing and all of its pure glory! I saw one at level 6 or so? Haha, must of had a very lucky day back to PSO2! :)

NexusAZ
Sep 23, 2013, 03:46 PM
I've only encountered Mesetan twice. The first time was on the coast, second was in tunnels.

pkemr4
Sep 23, 2013, 03:48 PM
just ecountered him in forest AQ during a PSE burst. this is my second to time seeing him

kaoskitteh
Oct 29, 2013, 10:27 AM
I just saw one for the first time as well. Was playing on the first quest for the Desert, and I had an NPC playing with me (Azanami). No PSE's active, had been grinding the zone for about 30 minutes or when I found it. Dropped 40k O.O

Zyrusticae
Oct 29, 2013, 01:54 PM
I've never met this guy even once, despite running into the lightning wolf (whatever its name is) twice since the patch that added him.

Kind of frustrating, really.

Neith
Oct 29, 2013, 02:06 PM
Never seen Mesetan or the new rare enemy; I've heard they only appear in single party missions/emergencies though which might explain it.

DeathDragon2332
Oct 29, 2013, 03:20 PM
I have encountered this guy a ton of times since I started (only lvl 47 and 31) it's a nice find for free players since it drops anywhere from 50-200k depending.

AzureBlaze
Oct 29, 2013, 05:25 PM
It does attack you.
The thing is actually a tiny goblin man of some sort in a big hat. He rides around inside that large central crystal. It is a disguise. Eventually, the crystal opens up and he looks out / around. He will throw a meseta at you , and it will fall on the ground. (not floats) It is sparkling because it is a grenade / firecracker. It will explode and do damage to you/things near it.

I found this mesetan (sounds like satan!) in the quarry, but all I had was PM & NPC with me.
The harder you hit him, the more he drops. I started Over Ending like a fiend (he's not that mobile) and probably got 200K+. The harder the hit, the more money comes out. Eventually, those surrounding crystals spin up and it vanishes.

I found out because I thought you were supposed to chase it and it would throw money for you. Nope he tries to kill you. But that's ok because code of honor says if it's trying to harm you it's ok to murder his face off. Unlike that rappy.

It IS rare though. I've only found it once. Just when you see it be prepared to launch absolutely the most damage possible in the shortest amount of time. Going 100% overboard with attacks and damage is the key to maximizing the money, I think.

Shinamori
Oct 29, 2013, 07:40 PM
I got 5 during a AQ once, back to back. I never saw the thunder cat though.

Akakomuma
Oct 29, 2013, 09:06 PM
I've ran into it once on a lower difficulty. I think I ended up getting like 100k. I carry meseta boosts on me just in case I run into it again.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 29, 2013, 09:23 PM
Darn.... You guys are lucky... I've been playing all this time (and not casually by the way) and haven't run into a Mesetan once. Perhaps may I will in the future. I have, however, had the fortunate incident of encountering the rare white-lightning-wolf named "Taku....something" (sorry, I forgot how to spell it) during "Trick or Treat 2" so that was cool. Also, I have only been abducted into Darker's Den about 3 times only... darn...

Topic Cheese
Oct 29, 2013, 09:24 PM
These things must be rare. I never ran into them ever since I started playing.

xervah
Oct 30, 2013, 07:39 AM
close look.... (encountered during tunnel exploration VH)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/EvannGeostrem/pso20130921_161359_001_zpsf21dd60d.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

and yea.... he does wear a crown, throwing all of his meseta when you defeated him.. i got 150k+ something

Code-red
Oct 30, 2013, 08:18 AM
The only rare enemy that pays you for beating him up,the more damage you do to his outer shell the more he pays you. A nice way to make money if you are lucky enough to find him.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 31, 2013, 09:13 PM
*rolls eyes at OPer for a fake monster/bad creepy pasta...watches entire board back him up with pics*

Wait...WHAT?!

Incidentally never encountered it myself but would explain some of the SA's I do see spammed occasionally.