PDA

View Full Version : Farming XQ stones

fay
Sep 24, 2013, 05:31 AM
So I do the slyvern wyvern mission. No idea if that's how you even spell it. Is this the Forest one?

Anyway, I usually just do full runs of this so I get a guaranteed 3 tier 2 stones at the end, but is there a better way? I mean, is there a set of floors that would give me enough stones to make up if I just spammed them? The full run takes 10 passes and by the end I usually end up with 3-4 tier 2 stones and around 40-60 tier 3 stones, so for the hell of it ill just round up and say I earn maybe 4-5 tier 2 stones per run.
I'm looking to see if there is a set of floors that will give me a better output of stones after 10 passes have been used. If it's not that big a difference then usually I would just do the full run since it has guaranteed tier 2 stones though.

Rien
Sep 24, 2013, 05:33 AM
floor 31-35 I think has a good drop rate

about 20 per run, so in 10 passes = 200 bottom tier stones

You have the skills to go to the end unlike me, so you should probably keep doing full runs.

UnLucky
Sep 24, 2013, 05:47 AM
With +450% Rare Drop, I can get about 90 stones each run through floors 31-35.

Very luck based for tier 2 drops, but I'd say roughly 1/3 of the time I'll get a mystery room, and another 1/4 of those would drop me a stone (or even 2). So probably a good chance to get 11 tier 2 every 10 runs.

But without boosters, I don't really know. Running through the full thing might be better in that case, if you really need to XQ when there isn't an event going.

fay
Sep 24, 2013, 05:48 AM
Ah, if it's only 20 per run there then it might not be worth it.
The only reason I get to the end all the time no problem is because I have a team with 2 others that we communicate on skype with. Makes it easy and so we know everyone's role per level. Downside is we usually need to get a 4th which makes it hard at times.

Unlucky, I do have some boosters, but if I was using boosters, wouldn't they have just as much effect by using them during the full run anyway?

HaxMega
Sep 24, 2013, 05:59 AM
Some floor have higher stone drops. The highest stone drop rate is on floor 31-35. With the boost event that was going on, I was getting 99 stones per run with a 250%. Second best is 1-5 I think.

UnLucky
Sep 24, 2013, 06:07 AM
Boosters would definitely help for any floor, but that specific set of 5 has the most drops out of them all, but you don't get the clear bonus.

Running through to the end is mostly for the clear bonus, which the boosters wouldn't improve, so you would gain less out of their use.

As in, with boosters, spamming floors 31-35 ten times would provide 1000 stones. A full run would give you about 800.
Without anything extra, that set of floors would be 200, with the complete quest giving 400-500.

fay
Sep 24, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hmm, I may see if I can justify it then. What I might do it play until those floors, grind for a bit then finish up later on.

By the way, what are those 5 floors if you can remember?

UnLucky
Sep 24, 2013, 06:28 AM
31: Kill Dagacha - Code completes itself
32: Kill Wolgahda, don't die 3 times (Cyclonehda spawns as well)
33: Kill Dicahdas from behind
34: Kill Micdas - Code completes itself (Kuklonahda spawns as well)
35: Kill Zesh, weakspot, no healing (Caterdra'nsa spawns as well)

Mystery room can be: Falz Arms, Predicahda+weakspot (and a ton of adds), and Elder Falz

Alma
Sep 24, 2013, 06:44 AM
anyone know the best floor to farm stone on glacial machinery (tundra EX) ?
one that as good as 31-35 Forest stone drop?

dejixal
Sep 24, 2013, 06:48 AM
I see most people running 1-5. At rare boost 450% I usually get 99 per run. If the rare floor spawns, I usually get 4 tier two stones.

fay
Sep 24, 2013, 08:07 AM
Cheers unlucky. I think I've had every one of those mystery rooms before actually. Now that I think of it, that's like my favorite 5 floors. I like to be a techer on XQs so my melee takes care of dagacha ones no problem, and zonde obliterates the micda one. Literally one zonde kills every one of them that's close to the blast. In fact , the only real annoying one of the zeshyrada one.

Emp
Sep 24, 2013, 10:32 AM
31: Kill Dagacha - Code completes itself
32: Kill Wolgahda, don't die 3 times (Cyclonehda spawns as well)
33: Kill Dicahdas from behind
34: Kill Micdas - Code completes itself (Kuklonahda spawns as well)
35: Kill Zesh, weakspot, no healing (Caterdra'nsa spawns as well)

Mystery room can be: Falz Arms, Predicahda+weakspot (and a ton of adds), and Elder Falz

Do u ignore the clear conditions for each floor if ur just spamming that set? 34 would be bit hard to solo/get clear condition.

Alenoir
Sep 24, 2013, 11:24 AM
Do u ignore the clear conditions for each floor if ur just spamming that set? 34 would be bit hard to solo/get clear condition.

You don't. If you ignore all floor orders you can't carry anything back.

34 is actually pretty easy, assuming you go as a FO or go as a GU. It's also the highest stone count floor.

relentless
Sep 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
In fact , the only real annoying one of the zeshyrada one.

WB + Namegid to the head = done.

jcart953
Sep 24, 2013, 12:34 PM
Floor 31-35 is one of the best floors out there however I say if you cant clear that floor in five minutes or less then it isn't worth it to me atleast. I say this because the more time you spend on the floor the less runs you can get out of your boost.

So if you cant do it in that time my suggestion would be to run floor 1-5 as they can easily be run in 5 minutes or less. Giving you more stones per run on your boost. Average in a duo for me is 5 minutes and fastest is generally in 3 mins or less. So if your having issues finding people to always run with then floor 1-5 might be best for you since you really don't need a fourth person. However once again if you clear 31-35 fast then sure go with that.

Emp
Sep 24, 2013, 01:36 PM
You don't. If you ignore all floor orders you can't carry anything back.

34 is actually pretty easy, assuming you go as a FO or go as a GU. It's also the highest stone count floor.

How would u clear 34 as a FO? Been thinking bout solo spam.

Shadowth117
Sep 24, 2013, 02:37 PM
How would u clear 34 as a FO? Been thinking bout solo spam.

I wouldn't recommend that unless you're happy with the supply of boosters you're using (and I'm assuming you're using boosters here) since it will be slower but anyways...

Most AOE's destroy micdas without issue. A simple zondeel spam or gigrants spam will wipe them out with little issue. As for kyuklonadas (or however Eng patch spells that), you can try to take them out the same way or just break and attack their weak area to destroy them. If you're not worried about time whatsoever and you really just want to be safe, you could toss out a talis and zondeel spam, but I find it easy enough avoid damage with a rod.

fay
Sep 24, 2013, 05:55 PM
Well I play force and one zonde guarantees to take out a micda. In fact, it takes out all the micda within it's range. It's not even funny how easy that is for a force. I just run into them and slaughter everything. By far the easiest floor for a force out of all 50, personally.

Aeris
Sep 24, 2013, 08:39 PM
WB + Namegid to the head = done.

2 JAed shifta buffed shots of Namegid with decent gear can take it out very fast since i do over 250k+ damage if its WBed to the head.

Shadowth117
Sep 24, 2013, 08:41 PM
Well I play force and one zonde guarantees to take out a micda. In fact, it takes out all the micda within it's range. It's not even funny how easy that is for a force. I just run into them and slaughter everything. By far the easiest floor for a force out of all 50, personally.

Main reason for zondeel is it just drags everything in and does a lot of AOE. Of course, I'd use zonde for stragglers.

Emp
Sep 24, 2013, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't recommend that unless you're happy with the supply of boosters you're using (and I'm assuming you're using boosters here) since it will be slower but anyways...

Most AOE's destroy micdas without issue. A simple zondeel spam or gigrants spam will wipe them out with little issue. As for kyuklonadas (or however Eng patch spells that), you can try to take them out the same way or just break and attack their weak area to destroy them. If you're not worried about time whatsoever and you really just want to be safe, you could toss out a talis and zondeel spam, but I find it easy enough avoid damage with a rod.

Ah well I could just forget the condition. Id still be able to take the stones home tho. However, my chance for a good mystery room is cut in half iirc. 50/50 for falz body?

Rakurai
Sep 24, 2013, 10:47 PM
Do certain rare rooms seem to have a higher drop rate on the tier 2 stones?

I ran into maybe 12 of them while doing the forest XQ floors 31-35 with boosters active, and didn't get any stones, but I recently encountered the one on floor 1-5 twice, and got three tier 2 stones out of it.

strikerhunter
Sep 24, 2013, 11:02 PM
Do certain rare rooms seem to have a higher drop rate on the tier 2 stones?

I ran into maybe 12 of them while doing the forest XQ floors 31-35 with boosters active, and didn't get any stones, but I recently encountered the one on floor 1-5 twice, and got three tier 2 stones out of it.

No but it just has it as the loot table. I notice that the final floors has a better chance than rare floors.

Basically, you'll just have a chance to get one if you get rare floor.

Done around 20 Prehicda/Diginutts rare floors on 31-35 forest XQ and never gotten a tier 2 stone whereas I did zesh and regular floors and gotten more.

fay
Sep 25, 2013, 06:26 AM
I've found 4 tier 2 stones before randomly. 3 of them were within the floors 1-5. The other was somewhere around the 20-30 mark I think.

Goukezitsu
Sep 25, 2013, 08:04 PM
1-5 wyverns rappy room drops more tier 2 stones on avg. Much much more (I've personally gotten 5 and have seen 6 drop) because they all drop them twice where as 31-35 ??? floor dignutts dont drop as many and theres less of them (This is on average too based upon the 250ish runs of XQ i've done. Also remember ??? floors on 31-35 take over the floor that give the most stones so if you DO get a ??? floor on stage 4 you actually lose out on the bulk of your stones which on average getting a mid there is rare. Rappy floor gives you atleast 1-2 on avg if boosted). 1-5 wyverns consumes less ticket time and stone avg is nearby w/ better ??? floors. On avg I get more stones in large sets w/ ??? floors (but do it more for quicker ticket time.) Floor 1-5 glacial machinery is the best of both worlds. Lowest ticket time (due to insanely easy bosses like tranmizer which I can 1 shot) and you can basically cap 90-99 stones w/ a 250% boost only.

In short dont XQ without 250s on non boost days (unless you have 300 350 already from tri boosts) its a waste of a pass.

Emp
Sep 25, 2013, 08:39 PM
1-5 tower 2 rappy room drops more tier 2 stones on avg. Much much more because they all drop them twice where as 31-35 ??? floor dignutts dont drop as many and theres less of them. 1-5 tower 2 consumes less ticket time and stone avg is nearby w/ better ??? floors. On avg I get more stones in large sets w/ ??? floors (but do it more for quicker ticket time.) Floor 1-5 tower 1 is the best of both worlds. Lowest ticket time (due to insanely easy bosses like tranmizer which I can 1 shot) and you can basically cap 90-99 stones w/ a 250% boost only.

In short dont XQ without 250s on non boost days (unless you have 300 350 already from tri boosts) its a waste of a pass.

Tower 1, tower 2? Easier to understand if you identify using machines/tundra, forest/caves, ect. bro

Goukezitsu
Sep 25, 2013, 09:21 PM
Tower 1, tower 2? Easier to understand if you identify using machines/tundra, forest/caves, ect. bro

Edited for you. I just went by the order of which the towers were released. Glacial Machinery being tower 1 and Slyvanian Wyverns being tower 2. Aka Machines/Tundra, and Forest/Dragons

Smithee
Sep 25, 2013, 09:51 PM
So since I don't want to make a thread for it. What would be the best way to go about getting the new DS and should I take into consideration that I already have 8 crimson ores?

Coatl
Sep 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
So since I don't want to make a thread for it. What would be the best way to go about getting the new DS and should I take into consideration that I already have 8 crimson ores?

I'd say run the new XQ from floor 1 until the end for the catalysts, so you can convert the ores into the stones you need for the Doublesaber.

fay
Sep 26, 2013, 05:39 AM
I think I'm spam floors 1-5 today for a bit then with as many boosters as I can get my hands on. Think I've saved up around 7 or 8 100% tri boosters and lots of 50s and standard rare boosters

FireswordRus
Sep 26, 2013, 07:47 PM
always do full run 1-50 350% drop
442 fragments + 4 ore + 1 free pass now. In all 10 tickets=802 stones and you get back 1 ticket
after adding 50 floor it is best choise.

http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/2995705
1 or 2 fails