PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else wondering about how Super Hard tacos could affect the game's economy?

Shadowth117
Sep 24, 2013, 05:11 PM
I mean lets be honest here. Tacoss are the biggest source of income for a lot of people outside random awesome rares. But... what's going to happen if we get another set for super hard.

Going by the current pattern, one would really expect the super hard tacos to give around a million meseta each set. Not to mention previous tacos would still be there if people were so inclined to do them and make even more. It seems like that would really mess up the economy though with so much meseta to bring into the market.

I guess its not entirely possible that they could just wipe out all lower tacos and only have tacos for the highest difficulty at 100k each or something. Or maybe they'll just come completely out of left field and not have super hard tacos for some reason. Hell, maybe they'll just remove all reward from tacos (that would suck by the way).

The point is, based on the current pattern of them, it would seem that the economy is going to change a lot with super hard, probably a fair bit outside tacos as well with the new equipment. But its probably going to change.

Any thoughts on how this is going to go?

strikerhunter
Sep 24, 2013, 05:17 PM
Scenario A:
-We get SH modes for tacos are payout be around 200k each.
-Anything over a mil is too much.
-Prices stay the same but not SH gears.

( Notice the trend from N->H->VH, 65k->200k->500k or 10k->50k->100k, just a thought)

or

-Payout of all 5 totals over a mil and we get huge inflation.

Scenario B:
-We don't get SH tacos.
Why? Because Sega specifically stated the SH boost applies to enemies appearing from Forest to Skyland meaning Sanctum TA gets left out. So until Sanctum, Ruins, Beach, and Quarry gets SH enemy changes it's likely no SH mode.

or

We won't get SH TACOs until Lilipa II comes out.

Scenario C:
-No inflation happens for some apparent reason.

Remz69
Sep 24, 2013, 05:21 PM
to put it simply:

i'm thinking, and i can only hope to be wrong, it would be possible that

what you buy now with 1 VH Tacos cycle, you won't even be able to buy it with 1 SH Tacos cycle
and that would really sucks

as it is H Tacos are 'forgotten' in the economy even though many people run them, i'm afraid SH Tacos wouldn't get the VH Tacos 'forgotten'

strikerhunter
Sep 24, 2013, 05:26 PM
to put it simply:

i'm thinking, and i can only hope to be wrong, it would be possible that

what you buy now with 1 VH Tacos cycle, you won't even be able to buy it with 1 SH Tacos cycle
and that would really sucks

as it is H Tacos are 'forgotten' in the economy even though many people run them, i'm afraid SH Tacos wouldn't get the VH Tacos 'forgotten'

H and N be completely forgotten, new TACOers be left out, VH will become less often depending on inflation, and SH may sore up (may? Duh fak I'm talking bout? It will!)

Z-0
Sep 24, 2013, 05:37 PM
Nothing will happen probably. Things will go up according to what you get from TACOs, but everything will relatively be the same price.

The majority of people only do VH TACOs right now, and a lot of people don't do TACOs at all.

supersonix9
Sep 24, 2013, 05:39 PM
Nothing will happen probably. Things will go up according to what you get from TACOs, but everything will relatively be the same price.

The majority of people only do VH TACOs right now, and a lot of people don't do TACOs at all.

yeah this

it's just going to make it easier to get money for grinding and affixing really

so it's a win basically

Chdata
Sep 24, 2013, 05:57 PM
Lots of gear will potentially become outclassed, and either rise or fall depending on how useless it becomes. Some things might just stay and rise.

Ceresa
Sep 24, 2013, 06:00 PM
It goes up by around 30k meseta per CO per difficulty so far, it just happened to be close to a double payout per difficulty jump due to the low amount of difficulties so far. It's just as reasonable that SH TA pays out 130k x 5, and the game already handled the addition of a 5th TA with a similar inflation rate so I don't see any problems.

But hey it's Sega, so maybe they'll double everyone's meseta for no reason anyways.

Zenobia
Sep 24, 2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah I don't think it will be a problem at all unless YOU REALLY DON'T GRIND OR BUY THINGS!

Lets be real you always grind and you always buy stuff and meseta goes like water so no it won't be a problem at all.

Shirai
Sep 24, 2013, 06:02 PM

This.

GALEFORCE
Sep 24, 2013, 06:17 PM
I don't expect we'll get SH tacos, but if we do I don't think much will happen. I would expect a bit of inflation, but not too much. The new gear from SH and possibly 11+ grinds and additional potentials would impact the market much more.

Railkune
Sep 24, 2013, 06:20 PM
Now I'm curious as to how much they'll hand us, and I should hope it's worth it.

Zenobia
Sep 24, 2013, 06:42 PM
I don't expect we'll get SH tacos, but if we do I don't think much will happen. I would expect a bit of inflation, but not too much. The new gear from SH and possibly 11+ grinds and additional potentials would impact the market much more.

No 11*'s will drop in SH there will still be 10*'s in SH from what they said no 11*s were mentioned so lets not jump the gun.

And if they did drop only thing that would matter next is that 11*'s be made trad-able.

GALEFORCE
Sep 24, 2013, 06:53 PM
I meant +11-+15 grinds, but I don't think that's happening either.

Sacrificial
Sep 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
TAco's = best cure against insomnia

TehblackUchiha
Sep 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
Well when i remember when VH was released they released it as a part 1 and part 2 type thing. If they do that part 2 may contain few 11*'s and i see a high possibility of them coming in to SH. The new stages that keep coming out already break the lvl 51 AQ drop table. Those stages in part 2's release may contain lvl 66 or even possibly (most likely not) lvl 71+ enemies which would most likely drop 11*'s (maybe). Then AQ's are probably gonna get a SH difficulty at a later time.

just speculation...

Zyrusticae
Sep 24, 2013, 07:06 PM
No matter how you look at it, two kinds of people stand to benefit most from really high-income TACOs:

1. Market barons who sell high-margin items and rake in players' newly-minted meseta
2. Poor motherfuckers who brute force grind everything and toss all of their money to Dudu/Chick-Whose-Name-Starts-With-M.

As a side-consequence of #2, however, the relative cost of ground items will likely fall compared to how easy wealth is to acquire, UNLESS they add +11-15 grinds or something to that effect. Rares will cost about the same as they do now (because their cost is ENTIRELY determined by supply and demand, the money supply will change their numbers but the actual amount of effort required to make the money to purchase them will not change - it'll just take a bit of time for the numbers to catch up).

I should note that, contrary to popular belief, raising the baseline of wealth does NOT cause massive worldwide inflation, but rather decreases the cost of living to something more bearable and increases overall economic activity thanks to increased perishable income. This mini-rant brought to you by the word INFLATION(tm).

UnLucky
Sep 24, 2013, 07:07 PM
They'll probably be 150k payout if anything.

And I'd like them to only complete with an S rank with real times that aren't shattered on their own.

Like a 10m time limit or you get nothing. Though it could do with some scaling for smaller parties, you would see a lot more recruiting for TAs.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 24, 2013, 07:08 PM
itll make me richer

strikerhunter
Sep 24, 2013, 08:24 PM
Well when i remember when VH was released they released it as a part 1 and part 2 type thing. If they do that part 2 may contain few 11*'s and i see a high possibility of them coming in to SH. The new stages that keep coming out already break the lvl 51 AQ drop table. Those stages in part 2's release may contain lvl 66 or even possibly (most likely not) lvl 71+ enemies which would most likely drop 11*'s (maybe). Then AQ's are probably gonna get a SH difficulty at a later time.

just speculation...

Part 1 is SH enemy changes for Forest, Cave, Desert, Tundra, Tunnels, FC.

Part 2 which is when I don't know will have the remaining maps's enemy be SH upgrade.

So when SH comes out, mobs from Ruins to Quarry will still be overall the same whereas the above mentioned will have the changes.

All-in-all, I say it's a 50/50 chance but all it means is more grinding new gears and buying stuffs without going poor. :D

BIG OLAF
Sep 24, 2013, 08:29 PM
@Original question in thread title-

Nope.

Walkure
Sep 24, 2013, 08:52 PM
Nothing will happen probably. Things will go up according to what you get from TACOs, but everything will relatively be the same price.Not entirely true; NPC-based costs are a fixed cost regardless of inflation.

This means that grinding/adding ability slots to current weapons will become relatively cheaper. The same applies to newer weapons coming out, although they will probably compensate with higher rarity tiers or higher base cost to grind/add abilities.

Cyclon
Sep 24, 2013, 09:26 PM
This will highly discourage solo TA-ing for some time, as the increased difficulty -> better reward will hurt solo players.

Then huge buff from outer space and all will be back to normal.

Chdata
Sep 24, 2013, 09:26 PM
12star units

4-5 level latent abilities

weapons/units that drop with things like shoot IV or tech IV or blow res IV or lightning IV, making those slightly more viable to create.

Imjake
Sep 25, 2013, 02:06 AM
What an post. I mean seriously, what on Earth are you worried about? ZoMg they are going to ruin 'teh' economy with new difficulty level-TACOs ...LUL

jooozek
Sep 25, 2013, 02:12 AM
transfer rates for IV stuff are so shit that no one cares about them already now, even if they are dropping from red containers

UnLucky
Sep 25, 2013, 02:18 AM
Well if you always use three of them, and always use a +20% booster, it's guaranteed transfer rate for IV!

Totally worth it for +5 Atk per piece.

Rank V affixes are just always going to be ridiculous, though, unless they revamp the system entirely.

Shambertin
Sep 25, 2013, 02:30 AM
im one of these players that rarely ta's i only do if my friends ta or i spent a little too much on that day lawl normal ta is a waste imo i could be using that time to mpa grind.

And as far as SH and my thoughts go i wouldnt get your hopes up on the 1mill per run lawl
sh ta won't happen for awhile. as other poster's have said we only get forest to floating continent on SH to begin with. and im more concerned with farmign the new 10* drops 1 good drop is like 10 or more days of ta so you can see why people dont ta. its much easier to find a drop [in my experience] and sell it than do the most boring missions on earth.

but yeah im kinda anti t.a maybe its cuase my character is better suited for aq or xq i like not having to rush and every ta party i have been in all dash and im like slow down its not a race... i know its a time attack but take a chil pill. and im ranting lol sorry