PDA

View Full Version : New skill ideas?

MimiChan
Sep 25, 2013, 01:09 AM
Is it me or PSO2's skills are just bland and boring? It's always +x damage to whatever. Since I main Force, I would share some of my skill ideas.

Any input on it will be good. Feel free to share yours too O3O

Force/Techer

Photon Overdrive
-Probably located deep in the ice tree.
-A stance like skill that can be togged on and off.
-When a Technique is fully charged, after 3 sec, it will drain your pp by 5 per sec.
Each PP drained increases the Tech's power until you released it.

Dual Cast
-Located in fire tree
-A stance skill (can't stack with Photon Overdrive)
-Enables the next same Technique to be charges twice as quick, only works if it's not JA'd though.

Territory Exceed
-Passive skill under Territory Burst
-Lets you charge a supported skill twice for 50% more duration on the field.
-Lets you mash button to keep the effect active at a cost of PP per mash.

Death Pact
-Active skill. Located deep within dark tree.
-When activated, every consecutive JA Tech you do eats 20% of your HP (marks it that unhealable red bar) And adds 15% damage to your tech.
-You can do it five times, each chain lowering your HP further until the last one leaves you at 1hp.
-All tech has to be JA else the pact is cancelled (so you cant heal in between)
-Only works with Offensive skill (You can't resta)

Photon Shield
-Passive skill. Under Light tree.
-Any hit that will other wise kill you, excess damage will be deducted at your pp instead. (so having 500 hp and getting hit by 550 damage lets you survive with 1 hp and -50 pp)
-Max 80% activation at max level.

Wind Walk
-Passive Skill under wind tree.
-Anyone who step on Zanverse will have their movement speed increased for 10 sec.
-Removes movement penalty when charging.

Magnetic Field
-Toggle skill on Lightning tree.
-When activated, all enemy with shocked status near your radius will be slowly pulled towards you.
-Drains 5pp per second (lowers by leveling skill)

Mental Conversion
-Active skill. Located at the lowest most tree, requiring you to invest heavily on all tree.
-Swaps your Half your HP to PP and vice versa. 800 hp 120 pp = 60 hp 400 pp.
-Swaps your S-atk with your T-atk.
-Last for 30 sec.

Fighter

Berserk Rage
-Toggle Stance skill
-Increases attacking animation for every successful JA normal attack.
-So in theory you can attack very fast with just normal attack.

Photon Blade
-Toggle skill
-Increases attack but reduces pp restore by half per hit.

Hunter

Death Bound
-Active stance
-For every successful Just Defend, reflects 3x of the damage done to you to the attacker while you take 1.5x yourself.
-Each level increases reflected damage and reduces damage taken.

Survival Instincts
-Passive
-10% chance of -mate item not consumed when use.

Savage Killer
-Passive
-Increases damage by 1% for every monster killed but reduces the def by the same amount.
-Wears off it you haven't killed anything for 5 sec.
-Caps at 10% damage.

Ranger

Heat Barrel
-Passive
-Lets you fire normal attack indefinitely as long as you are holding the attack button.
-Drains 5 pp per sec.

Reckless Shooting
-Stance
-Will make your damage variance wildly varied by 100%
-So you randomly does 200% damage or 1% damage and anything in between.

Gunner

Chain Combo
-Toggle Stance
-You gain a hit counter. Adds the number of hits you do as a flat amount to any of your damage up to a cap.
-So if you manage to do a 120 hits on enemy, adds 120 damage to your attack.
-Counter resets when out of combat.
-Leveling skills increases damage cap.

Braver

United Spirit
-Passive
-Increases attack for every player at the same map coordinates as you are (A2,C3, etc)
-Doubles if players are of Braver Class.

Revenge Focus
-Passive
-Increases attack for every player who dies at your vicinity.
-Bonus is lost when they are revived.

Last Stand
-Passive
-Increases damage 10% per every party member dead.
-Additional 5% for other people in MPA.

strikerhunter
Sep 25, 2013, 01:16 AM
PO: Be only worth to Ice tree only and Ice is really crappy overall but there are some good techs from it.

DC: No point at all.

TE: Interesting.

DP: No just no, penalty is far too much. Not too mention resta as chdata said down below.

PS: Very interesting.

WW: Make it longer and it'll be more interesting.

MF: No because it's pointless for a ranged killer and also lots of arguments will pop up.

Turn Magnetic Field into Magnetic Blade for Hunters and then it'll be of much much more use.

Chdata
Sep 25, 2013, 01:16 AM
Photon Overdrive - Would be pretty neat. A supercharged namegid o;

Dual cast shouldn't have anything to do with JA ;o

Territory exceed, I'd rather see Territory Boost like some people have suggested, that makes support spells last longer in duration.

Death Pact - JA Resta > JA Resta > JA Resta > JA Resta > full HP and a namegid with a 75% damage bonus.

Would you die with photon shield if your PP is also completely drained?

Wind walk seems kind pointless.

Magnetic field sounds more like it'd be something to use as a tech like nabarta, a non-poppable zondeel would be interesting. Perhaps it's as slow as custom guardinanes.

My thoughts on ice tree:

Freeze Charge: Lets you charge ice spells to a second level that increases their AoE or range and freeze chance. Extremely slow casting, but high bursts of damage that almost always freeze things, and they cover tons of space. (Gibarta aiming at 360 degrees and further out, etc).

MetalDude
Sep 25, 2013, 01:18 AM
Territory Burst should straight up provide 100% range extension at 10SP anyways. I don't like the overcharging business because the game moves too fast. Namegid remains an exception because there are obvious risks and rewards to using it.

MimiChan
Sep 25, 2013, 01:21 AM
Dual Cast
-Lets you fire 2 Tech in quick succession, letting it work with JA will be overpowered I think o.oa

Territory Exceed
-We can always add that longer duration option too O3O

Death Pact
-It's a high risk, high reward skill. Making tanking a bit relevant I guess?

Photon Shield
-Yes you die with no PP. It's like a lucky 2nd life thingy.

Wind Walk
-Duration, speed boost is always workable.

Magnetic Field
-Making Nazonde gets a bit of vacuum too = superb mobbing O3O

SakoHaruo
Sep 25, 2013, 01:23 AM
What about the other classes? You can't just start on the force tree and say fuck the rest. Jeez, YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO DEVS EVERYWHERE! I hope you never apply for a job at Sega o3o

inb4 takes it serious

strikerhunter
Sep 25, 2013, 01:24 AM
DC: Not that its OP but that it's useless since who doesn't JA?

DP: Resta Resta Resta Resta and plus making a squishy more squishy.

WW: As I said above, needs to be longer.

MF: No. Useless for FO because they already got zondeel. As said above, rather have it for hunter than FO or TE.

Before throwing ideas, you must acknowledge the others and don't be just one sided suggestions. One class can't be just be getting all the lights. The thread New skill ideas not New Fo/Te skill ideas then OP says FO/Te stuffs only which makes both irrelevant to each other since title is not say Fo/Te and conveys towards all classes.
-Not being mean or anything but just saying to think and check before creating a thread-

MimiChan
Well I haven't play a lot of them to actually fill up stuffs they are lacking. That is why you fill up the rest O3O

MetalDude
The worst part of Iron Will is that it's not even guaranteed. Don't know why people would play around with chance on something that will add a shred more HP (you're not going to be running around with full PP to take those hits).

MimiChan
Sep 25, 2013, 01:26 AM
Edited the skill as per your suggestion. Working on other class skills O3O

cheapgunner
Sep 25, 2013, 01:31 AM
Bloodlust (Hunter Skill) - Active
Duration: 60 seconds
Cooldown: 90 seconds
For each enemy you kill, attack power increases for the duration of the skill. Take extra damage from enemy attacks while skill is active.
Max level - 0.5% per kill, 105% damage taken
Requirements: Lvl 5 Fury Combo Up

How about something like this for hunters?

strikerhunter
Sep 25, 2013, 01:32 AM
Bloodlust (Hunter Skill) - Active
Duration: 60 seconds
Cooldown: 90 seconds
For each enemy you kill, attack power increases for the duration of the skill. Take extra damage from enemy attacks while skill is active.
Max level - 0.5% per kill, 105% damage taken
Requirements: Lvl 5 Fury Combo Up

How about something like this for hunters?

LOL No no no no no, that'll make hunter an even more viable subclass. but not bad though. Better off moved over to the right tree where tanking would benefit it. Then renaming it to Brute Warrior where it'll act like RA's PP slayer, for every enemy death increase damage by x% for duration of 30 sec with a maximum number and raising it would increase that cap with a cooldown of 2 minutes.

MimiChan
Sep 25, 2013, 01:35 AM
Oh wow cheap, I just made a similar skill just now. Except it wears out fast if you are out of combat.

Also new skills O3O

jooozek
Sep 25, 2013, 01:37 AM
how about a skill that let's forces to keep charged up techs during mirage escape? charging techs and having the dash cancel the charging is the shittiest thing about forces in this game

MimiChan
Sep 25, 2013, 01:41 AM
I can do something like that but I think it would be OP. Maybe returns your PP when dash cancelling a charge skill be better?

Inazuma
Sep 25, 2013, 01:41 AM
Force Skill "Shit Force Protection"
Cost 1 SP
Passive
Near the top of the skill tree, easily reached

This skill makes it so your own Zondeels cannot be activated by anyone, not even yourself.

Rakurai
Sep 25, 2013, 01:44 AM
It would be nice if they made more of Ranger and Gunner's skills (Standing Snipe and Zero Range Advance in particular) apply to techs so they could serve as a more viable subclass for Force and Techer.

GALEFORCE
Sep 25, 2013, 01:44 AM
Rod Gear (Force) - Increases the radius of techs with each consecutive cast (4/3 stage 1, 5/3 stage 2, double for max)

Gunslash Gear (All, under just reversal) - Melee hits have a chance to perform an extra r-atk shot (scales w/ gear level). Shooting hits have a chance to perform an extra t-atk shot (scales w/ gear level). Probably 100% at max, or close to it.

Zalure (Techer) - Enemies hit with the Zalure (AB-like cone) take 50% more damage for the next 5 seconds. Level ups reduce cooldown from 30 seconds to 5 seconds.

jooozek
Sep 25, 2013, 01:46 AM
I can do something like that but I think it would be OP. Maybe returns your PP when dash cancelling a charge skill be better?

how would it be op? gunner get a skill that gives them a 2x damage multiplier for just performing a stylish roll and JAing the PA afterwards lol so sega doesn't really care about stuff being op
about dash cancelling, it's a terrible way of shortening the dash and it might be taken out of the game if someone bothers enough to send a bug report that uneven ground cancels the mirage escape, what do you think would happen, they would level all the ground in the game or just fix it so that nothing can cancel it?
you don't build skills around exploits

Imjake
Sep 25, 2013, 01:47 AM
lol at strike hunter. Mr. Nightmare there is sooooo much smarter than everyone else. HE knows how to make a proper thread and what ideas are best. LMAO!

Anon_Fire
Sep 25, 2013, 01:52 AM
You forgot Bravers

strikerhunter
Sep 25, 2013, 02:04 AM
lol at strike hunter. Mr. Nightmare there is sooooo much smarter than everyone else. HE knows how to make a proper thread and what ideas are best. LMAO!

Ok that is just stupidly insulting at me. I never said that what's best, I did gave suggestions of improvements dusche. If your just here to troll and waste post and not support the thread then gtfo the thread. I already said I was not being mean. Also the fact that you trying to say that I am smarter than everyone only makes you look more like a troll and stupidier.

Without any freaken stupid insults by said someone, here are my ideas.

Hunter:Leader.
-Trigger Skill.
-Reduce damage based on the number of enemy around you at the time of activation.
-Animation will have KC's cloud affect during cast time of 2 sec where it'll determine the number of enemies and damage reduction.
- -3% damage per enemy with 15 being a 5 cap.
-Located under Halfline and halfline needs 5SP.

Ranger: Sniper
-Applies to all head shots of any weapon type. (does not apply if WB is active on the spot or loaded).
-Trigger skill.
-Duration: 15 sec. 1 min CD.
-Attacks to the head has a shot to 1 shot kill an enemy when at certain conditions or health is low enough. 10% at Full 10 sp.
-For bosses, it'll automatically stagger the boss.
-Located under PP slayer? dam stupid RA skill tree. 5 SP requirement?

Force: MegaDrive.
-Passive.
-T-atk attack is based on your PP pool.
-Numbers I have no idea yet.
-No specific tree tied but requires Ligthing mastery 1 and fire mastery 1 both 5SP.

Gunner: Chain Reaction.
-Passive.
-After finishing a CT with a finisher, the next target(s) that gets hit is applied with a CT which lasts 1 minute on each target.
-At 10sp max target is 10.
-Located next to CTF with 3 SP required.

Techer: Lesson Learned.
-Passive which has a 3 minute cooldown before triggering again.
-Any attack that would kill you will leave you at 1 hp and reflect that damage back (damage based on HP lost not hit number).
-more SP means higher chance and more reflect damage: 10% chance and 5% reflect per SP. 10 being maxed.
-No specific location but requires Dark Mastery 1 5P and Resta advance 1 5SP

Fighter: Let Lose.
-Trigger
-For 15 seconds, every target you hit will have chase applied to it but chase advance damage bonus is negated.
-Can manually release the skill before the timer is up to release the target(s) out of chase and set a fear affect on them which makes them run away.
-3 second after the release of the skill, enemies are blown by set detonator during chase which does an AOE.
-Damage dealt is based on number of enemies. 1% of your max damage per enemy but at full 5 SP it'll be 5% of your max damage per enemy. (max is 10 enemies but they'll still recieve the damage)
-CD is 3 minutes and duration is 15 seconds.
-Located under Chase advance and requires 3 into chase advance.

Braver: Hidden Power.
-Trigger.
-Duration 30sec, CD 1 minute.
-Increases S and R atk by x% Dex of your weapon.
-5SP, 10% per SP.

MimiChan
Sep 25, 2013, 02:04 AM
I can't think of any good skill for Braver without it overlapping with Hunter and Ranger classes TwT

*Edit*
I actually taught of something O3O

Braver

United Spirit
-Passive
-Increases attack for every player at the same map coordinates as you are (A2,C3, etc)
-Doubles if players are of Braver Class.

Revenge Focus
-Passive
-Increases attack for every player who dies at your vicinity.
-Bonus is lost when they are revived.

Last Stand
-Passive
-Increases damage 10% per every party member dead.
-Additional 5% for other people in MPA.

Zenobia
Sep 25, 2013, 02:24 AM

If you don't have shit to contribute to this thread then stfu and go run your mouth somewhere else like damn.

Also reading through this thread made my head spin I forgot what this thread was trying to get at at page 1.

Last stand for braver wouldn't work sense you would revive your party members anyway it loses its uselessness.

Same for Revenge Focus and....LOL at United focus I dun even....

Rien
Sep 25, 2013, 02:27 AM
Braver skills:

Name: Counter Wave (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Katana Gear level 1
Max Level: 1
Description: When Katana Gear is active, all counters now fire a wave of purple flaming energy instead of a single slash.

Name: Combat Rush (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Katana Combat level 5
Max Level: 5
Description: Increases Katana Combat duration by (level x 2) seconds and increases all dashing speeds and ranges (Katana Combat normal attack dash, Asagiri Rendan dash, Step and Step Attack) by 50% when under Katana Combat. Also increases running speed by 50%.

Name: Auto Finish (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Combat Finish level 5
Description: Automatically plays Combat Finish animation when Katana Combat ends. This is optional because not everyone wants to use combat finish.

Name: Chasing Shot (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: I dunno lol
Max Level: I dunno either, probably 1
Description: When targeted enemy is under a status effect, all arrows are homing and Master Shoot's projectile speed increases.

Hunter:

Name: All Guard (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Somewhere down the guard tree, probably after one of the Guard Stance Ups
Description: When Guard Stance is active, you can guard/just guard attacks from any direction.

Name: Army Hunter (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Massive Hunter level 3
Description: Every consecutive hit on you deals (level * 5)% less damage, stacking to a maximum of (level * 15)% less damage. This stacked reduction effect resets (level) seconds after the first hit.

Name: Furious Will (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Fury Stance level 5, Iron Will level 5
Description: When Iron Will activates and you are in Fury Stance, seek revenge against your enemies, unleashing a wave that deals damage in a radius similar to Katana Combat Finish. Damage dealt is equal to the amount of damage you would have taken standing still (damage not reduced by holding guard button).

Name: Fast & Furious (Passive) (lol)
Pre-Requisites: Fury Stance Up 1 level 3
Description: When in Fury Stance, increase in-combat and out-of-combat movement speed by 50%. Stacks with other running speed increases.

Name: Grinding Gears (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Sword Gear level 1, Partisan Gear level 1, Wired Lance Gear level 1
Description: Increases speed at which the gear increases (50%), and decreases the rate at which Sword Gear depletes (50% reduction)

Ranger Skills:

Name: Weak Point Seeker (Active)
Pre-Requisites: Weak Hit Advance 1 level 3
Description: When activated, enters an "Infrared Vision" mode where enemy weak spots are shaded brightly. Lasts 60 seconds, can be toggled on and off and has a 10 second cooldown. This is to help newbies who have no idea what they are doing.

Fighter Skills:

Name: Grinding Gears (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: Knuckle Gear level 1, Double Saber Gear level 1, Twin Dagger Gear level 1
Description: Increases the rate at which the gear increases (50%), and changes Knuckle Gear and Twin Dagger Gear's Heat Gauges to deplete gauge by half instead of emptying whenever the user stops attacking (Knuckle Gear) or lands on the ground (Twin Dagger Gear)

Name: Speed Slayer (Passive)
Pre-Requisites: PP Slayer level 3
Description: When you or any enemy around you has 50% hp or less remaining, all your movement speeds (running, dashing, PAs which travel forwards such as Tornado Dance/Straight Charge/Raging Waltz) increase by 50%.

Gunner Skills:

Name: Bullet Rain (Active)
Pre-Requisites: Twin Machinegun Gear level 1
Description: When your Twin Machinegun gear's heat gauge is at (100 - [level * 10])% or more, all your attacks and photon arts will shoot twice the amount of bullets with little change in animation. (The muzzle flash and sound effect goes off twice)

Techer Skills:

Name: Flash Light (Passive)
Replaces Panic Boost
Max Level: 10
Description: When enemies are hit by your light technic(s), grant a chance to crystallize photons surrounding the impact area, creating a tiny explosion of light where the target was hit. No real AoE (unless mobs are seriously close to each other aka zondeel). Damage has power equal to 20% that of the triggering technic's power. Chance is equal to (level * 8)%.

Zenobia
Sep 25, 2013, 02:31 AM
Braver skills:

Name: Counter Wave
Pre-Requisites: Katana Gear level 1
Description: When Katana Gear is active, all counters now fire a wave of energy instead of a single slash.

Name: Combat Rush
Pre-Requisites: Katana Combat level 5
Description: Increases Katana Combat duration by (level x 2) seconds and increases all dashing speeds and ranges (Katana Combat normal attack dash, Step and Step Attack)

Name: Auto Finish
Pre-Requisites: Combat Finish level 5
Description: Automatically plays Combat Finish animation when Katana Combat ends.

Name: Chasing Shot
Pre-Requisites: I dunno lol
Max Level: I dunno either, probably 1
Description: When targeted enemy is under a status effect, all arrows are homing and Master Shoot's projectile speed increases.

I like those skills but I guess auto finish will be passive? Sense you may or may not get the KC off in time so it JA's for you auto ehh....not bad.

Rien
Sep 25, 2013, 02:42 AM
Oops, forgot to state if they are passive or active.

Arada
Sep 25, 2013, 03:12 AM
Techer:
Wand Gear Drive
- Passive skill
- The Wand Gear Drive can trigger the Tech set on the PA button instead of Wand Gear. This takes 1/2 off the Wand Gear meter. The Tech is charged and comsumes PP normally.
- Maximum 5 Skill Points.
- 5% trigger chance per skill point (at level 5, this means a 25% chance of triggering at each swing)

KazukiQZ
Sep 25, 2013, 05:27 AM
For Ranger:

Assault Rifle Gear
-3 Gear level. Each level require you to shoot enemies 9 times (max 27 for max level). Do bonus 10/20/30% damage and a 10/20/30% chances for stunning enemies when shooting. Does not vanish overtime, but using Rifle PA that hit a enemy will empty the bar, but strengthen the PA damage, and the stun chance (usable by PA only on 3 full bars).

Launcher Gear
-Fill the Gear gauge by doing damage to enemies. 3 levels of the gauge, increase the fire rate of launcher attack by 15% for each level. Does not vanish overtime, but will lose all Gear when switching weapons.

Cannon Laser
-Active
-Cooldown 90 seconds.
-Load special barrels into your Launcher. The number of barrels are according to the level of Launcher Gear (max 3 level= 3 barrels).
-Pressing the PA button while using Cannon Laser will shoot out....laser beam! Animation is similar to Stark Gun's laser attack.
-Using this skill will clear out Launcher Gear.

MoronSonOfBoron
Sep 25, 2013, 06:21 AM
Force, under Ice tree
Absolute Zero: Enemies frozen by ice techniques no longer lose frozen status when hit by normal weapon attacks. Critical hits with weapons still break frozen status, and add +% damage.
Cold Fusion: Ice techniques PP cost reduced heavily.
Fire Fusion, Lightning Fusion: Requires Cold Fusion. Reduces Fire/Lightning technique PP cost slightly.
Conductivity: Enemies frozen by ice techniques take increased % damage from Lightning, Dark element
Sublimation: Enemies frozen by ice techniques take increased % damage from Fire, Wind element
Shatter: Increased % damage and Crit % against enemies frozen by ice techniques.

Gunner, under Chain tree
Auto Stance: Rifles only. Attacks fire six bullets instead of three.
Chain Weak Hit: Ranged attacks against your Chain Trigger target gain +% damage.
Rifle Gear: Grants access to Rifle gear.
Stylish Defense: Gain a bonus to all DEF based on DEX.

Ranger
Trap Reversal: When using Just Reversal, deploys an explosive trap from your original position.
Bind/Jellen/Panic/Stun/Mirage Load: (each replaces their respective bullet/grenade skills) Launchers only. Adds % chance to apply status effect to enemies. Overwrites other Load active skills when activated.
Load Gear: Grants access to Load Gear. Launchers only. Gear builds up only when attacking with an active Load. Gear increases DEX and chance to inflict status effect.
Trap Gear: Traps gain Load Gear bonuses. Adds gear when traps hit enemies.

Techer
Hex: All status effects have increased chance.
Hex Ignition: Ignites all foes with a status effect.
Inspire Burst: Add Shifta/Deband on self and allies inside wand explosions.
Inspire Reversal: Gain Shifta/Deband on self when using Just Reversal
Muscle Wizard: Adds % TATK depending on base SATK.
Tempest Stance: Increases TATK and SATK % damage while active. DEF decreased while active.
Tempest JA Up: Increases JA damage while Tempest Stance is active.
Tempest Charge Up: Increases power of charged techs while Tempest Stance is active.