PDA

View Full Version : How possible would it be to mod the character creator...

GALEFORCE
Sep 26, 2013, 09:00 PM
... to show accessories and hairstyles and pretty much anything else ticket-based?

I've been waiting on SEGAC to give us some kind of sensible preview functionality, but it appears to be in their best interest to have us blindly pay for them and use them instead.

Railkune
Sep 26, 2013, 09:09 PM
I'm actually interested in this as well.

Mike
Sep 26, 2013, 09:19 PM
Pretty much all of the tickets and costumes can be previewed on the official site. And while they could probably stick all the ticket based items in to the character creator, it would misrepresent what you actually can start with in game.

Kondibon
Sep 26, 2013, 09:22 PM
I think what people want is to be able to preview them on their own characters. This is something I don't see happening at all though. At least not from a 3rd party.

TaigaUC
Sep 26, 2013, 11:04 PM
I think you still need the encryption code so you can reencrypt stuff.
Exception would be if the character creator executable recognized unpacked data, but I don't think it does.
Character creator uses the same encryption as the full version.
The people who know the encryption won't share it because they don't want everyone hacking PSO2 to bits.

It would essentially ruin the game because it's one of those games that handles a lot of things locally, like Vindictus.
For proof, pull out your internet while you're playing.
You can keep fighting and running around, it just doesn't acknowledge damage and stuff like that.

To allow modding would allow cheating, basically.
For example, with Vindictus, you could pretty much customize anything related to in-battle mechanics.
One shot enemies, custom spells, etc.
Nexon eventually protected against it by making the game especially anal about any kind of modified files.
If SEGA were to do that, you can kiss the English patch goodbye.

moeri
Sep 27, 2013, 03:48 PM
I think you still need the encryption code so you can reencrypt stuff.

So it uses asymmetric encryption? That sounds ridiculously expensive to me.

I thought it would definitely use symmetric encryption.

Gama
Sep 27, 2013, 03:52 PM
if someone interested in code wanted they could easily create a "character creator" that could assemble combinations of images of each accessory with each clothing etc...

as a 2d dressing up app.

moeri
Sep 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
if someone interested in code wanted they could easily create a "character creator" that could assemble combinations of images of each accessory with each clothing etc...

as a 2d dressing up app.

I doubt you even need to do much coding for that... there is probably a program online that you can just throw images into for that.

Emp
Sep 27, 2013, 04:04 PM
I think what people want is to be able to preview them on their own characters. This is something I don't see happening at all though. At least not from a 3rd party.

This. We haven a costume previewer but not accessory. Man dont u regret buying that 3m meseta accessory sometimes?

Zenobia
Sep 27, 2013, 05:06 PM
I never had a problem with that sense I know most of the cool accessories I buy will go good with the hair which are mostly the cool ones and also reg body accessories.

This is why I don't buy those big whacky hairs cause they clip with some of those acc and look bat shit fugly. I guess I really don't understand ppls taste in these hairs sometimes lol.

Guess I am just fortunate Wild pony, Eternal F prime examples of hairs that look good with just about any head accessory.

TaigaUC
Sep 27, 2013, 08:55 PM
So it uses asymmetric encryption? That sounds ridiculously expensive to me.

I thought it would definitely use symmetric encryption.

No, I mean... I think it's the same code to decrypt and encrypt, it's just that there are public tools to decrypt but not to encrypt, and the game won't recognize decrypted files.
The decryption/encryption key is kept secret (as far as I know).
Even if someone created a way to make the executable accept decrypted files, it would likely still open up the game to cheating.

With Vindictus, a guy named Checkbox made a hack called "Good Stuff Lite" that made the game load decrypted models, sounds and textures, but ignored files in almost all other folders.
That way, it prevented people from messing around with the game's systems and cheating. Other people found other ways to cheat, though.

Anyway, from what I've heard, PSO World forum doesn't approve of discussing these kinds of modification.
I still don't see why SEGA doesn't let just let people preview customization tickets in-game.

Darki
Sep 27, 2013, 09:49 PM
I still don't see why SEGA doesn't let just let people preview customization tickets in-game.

Because this game is built to be a n00b-trap so that we fuck things up or make wrong decissions and we gotta fix them with AC. In this case, the idea is to make you spend meseta at fast rate so you require a shop ticket to make better money.

TaigaUC
Sep 27, 2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I mean... from a reasonable considerate person's viewpoint.

It's kind of sad that offline games have vastly superior preview functions compared to most online games.

Darki
Sep 27, 2013, 11:12 PM
This game could have so much better cosmetic functionalities, and it wouldn't even be difficult to pull off.

For example, they could have a "The Sims 3" clothing style. In the makeover shop you'd create an "outfit", including clothing, hairstyle, makeup and accesories, and have them in the customize menu. Whenever you'd change your clothes you'd also change the rest of the things according to the outfit you put together.

They could even have accesories be simply items that you store in the makeover shop and that you can retrieve and trade when you don't like them. But again, that wouldn't be as profitable.

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2013, 03:19 AM
Those would all be way too difficult for SEGA to code.
You can tell by the way they have everything set up.
They couldn't even make the launcher delete old patch data without deleting new patch data, and then wiping people's drives.

Another example is their Bayonetta PS3 port.
They just don't seem to have good coders.

Jim
Sep 28, 2013, 10:10 AM
3m meseta accessory sometimes?

I bought "Cool" hair for like 6,000,000 I think, and when I equipped it...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/5/5c/47321-Felicia-Day-oh-hell-no-gif-Bh6N.gif

NoiseHERO
Sep 28, 2013, 10:14 AM
I bought "Cool" hair for like 6,000,000 I think, and when I equipped it...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/5/5c/47321-Felicia-Day-oh-hell-no-gif-Bh6N.gif

Every time.

And it's always something I thought would look ugly when it first came out too. But then got a new outfit idea and said "fuckit this might look good."

In this case it was bullet belt(Not sure how much it cost me probably somewhere between 1-2 mil)

Jim
Sep 28, 2013, 10:26 AM
Every time.

And it's always something I thought would look ugly when it first came out too. But then got a new outfit idea and said "fuckit this might look good."

In this case it was bullet belt(Not sure how much it cost me probably somewhere between 1-2 mil)

I too bought a bullet belt. We need a fashion completionist who will hang around the forums and post screens of outfit/accessory combinations as people request them.

TaigaUC
Sep 28, 2013, 10:44 AM
I waited until bullet belt dropped to nothing. FUN scratch stuff almost always drops to nothing when people try to get the next set of FUN stuff.

AC stuff, on the other hand... most of the hairstyles start at like 5m and rarely ever go down.
As soon as they're gone from the lottery, they slowly inch up to 9m+.
And they still tend to look shit when you buy and try them out, of course.

GALEFORCE
Sep 28, 2013, 01:03 PM
I like bullet belt with certain outfits. Just make sure it doesn't clip.