PDA

View Full Version : Matterboard 100% item rate drop?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Sep 27, 2013, 02:47 AM
I remember a while ago when EP2 was released I read on bumped that all of the items from the matterboards of EP1 would have a 100% chance of dropping...However It isn't the case with my new character.

Some of the items still take a forever to drop just like before I don't see any difference.

Anyway's I can't seem to find that article anymore so i'm asking here if anyone knows of this.

Ceresa
Sep 27, 2013, 02:56 AM
Only the stuff on the shortest route to the gold nodes is 100%. You still get to kill Quartz and Vader 40 times in mb6 and 7, they wouldn't want to deprive you of that.

hoangsea
Sep 27, 2013, 03:58 AM
there 's an yellow process bar

Meji
Sep 27, 2013, 04:47 AM
Like hoangsea mentioned, the items that have forced drops have a progress bar which fills in yellow whenever you kill the specific enemy.
If you're not lucky enough to get the item drop before the yellow bar reaches its end, the next enemy of the right kind you slay will be forced to drop the MB item.

Hence, "forced" drops.

PokeminMaster
Sep 27, 2013, 05:07 AM
Well, I can confirm what Ceresa said, and that's how I understood it when the information was announced.

I've done every Matterboard through 12, so I can confirm that all main-route item drops have a 100% droprate on first kill for all of Episode 1... XD

Railkune
Sep 27, 2013, 06:37 AM
Yeah it has been 100% drop for me as well. The only time a specific item won't drop is if one enemy drops multiple story items from different nodes, and I simply get one before the other.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Sep 27, 2013, 05:02 PM
Only the stuff on the shortest route to the gold nodes is 100%. You still get to kill Quartz and Vader 40 times in mb6 and 7, they wouldn't want to deprive you of that.

Ok I understand now.

And only 40 times? Haha that's still way better than before.

Believe it or not I was one of the rare few people who completed those matterboards back in the day (before sega made the matterboards baby mode) I think I've killed like 100+ Quartz's and 100+ Vardhas no joke. Those two items were retardedly hard to get back in the day, but I got them. Still 40 big vardha's is no joke, but atleast it has better odds and you know it will eventually drop =P