PDA

View Full Version : better quality super hard pv

jooozek
Sep 27, 2013, 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kyunYkoXIU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kyunYkoXIU

update page: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20131009/

Darki
Sep 27, 2013, 03:58 AM
God some of the new infection parasites are just gross. That one that looks like ant jaws in particular.

Zenobia
Sep 27, 2013, 04:26 AM
Those mini briefcase Twin mech looks awesome.

SakoHaruo
Sep 27, 2013, 07:42 AM
What's that Lillipa boss room near the end of the video?

Z-0
Sep 27, 2013, 07:54 AM
Extra Premium Drinks
Auto Pickup Meseta
Increased Set Effects
Defense Buff for 11* units (I think... ?)
Photon Flare, Photon Flare Advance, Photon Flare Afterburst and Ice Mastery 2 will require less points to unlock (they're giving out a skill tree reset because of this)
Partner Characters in Extreme Quests
Partner Commands
Disk Drop Changes (I might be wrong, but I believe it says level 10 is the minimum a rare enemy will be able to drop now, or that all drops will be above 10 (so 11+))

That is what's on the other information page.

We're also getting some sort of event 23rd October.

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2013, 08:00 AM
Extra Premium Drinks
Auto Pickup Meseta
Increased Set Effects
Photon Flare, Photon Flare Advance, Photon Flare Afterburst and Ice Mastery 2 will require less points to unlock (they're giving out a skill tree reset because of this)
Partner Commands
Disk Drop Changes (I might be wrong, but I believe it says level 10 is the minimum a rare enemy will be able to drop now, or that all drops will be above 10 (so 11+))

A forced 11+ disk would be nice considering that's the entire goddamn point for 80% of rare enemies.

If only Sega would balance things properly and make sub-11 disks as useful ;/

Emp
Sep 27, 2013, 09:01 AM
Ok i want new lilipa jumpsuit(recolor), red AC eyepatch(it has like lava glow to it), and my reset pass.

Near the end of the video, they are showing two weps or camos. One launcher and the other rifle. Are they camos or weps? The rifle looks like one of the military machine guns that soldiers prop up with a stand and shoot while laying down.

ANNNDDDD...

LOL CHICKEN DANCE.

jooozek
Sep 27, 2013, 09:12 AM
Extra Premium Drinks
Auto Pickup Meseta
Increased Set Effects
Partner Commands

about the disk drop changes from bumped:
"Disks typically obtained through rare enemies/bosses will now have a low chance at dropping through their non-rare counterparts. The highest level they will drop in this particular situation is Level 10. Furthermore, disks from rare enemies/bosses will drop at a higher rate."

so basically i'm still fucked over with shifta/deband

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2013, 09:17 AM
6* discs off common enemies? Man, finally on that one. They're finally starting to do some things right.

Jooozek: Just look for red boxes and crack 'em open. I've found level 15 shifta on amduscia a couple times, in AQs of course. They may drop in sanctum or lillipa, though.

Kondibon
Sep 27, 2013, 09:51 AM
So no one is going to comment on the fact that the new boosts look like the photon beasts from PBs? Because they do. I'm more interested in the story implications of that than anything else.

Z-0
Sep 27, 2013, 10:02 AM
Near the end of the video, they are showing two weps or camos. One launcher and the other rifle. Are they camos or weps? The rifle looks like one of the military machine guns that soldiers prop up with a stand and shoot while laying down.
They are camos, presumably from level 61+ Cougar NX.

Emp
Sep 27, 2013, 10:06 AM

Are all the other weps shown just camos? Cause I saw a cool looking rod.

pkemr4
Sep 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
give me dem suitcase TMGS *drools*

Zorua
Sep 27, 2013, 10:30 AM
Cougar gets a new quest, new rare enemy, and falz hands can attack you in quests.
This update is going to be fun.

HIT0SHI
Sep 27, 2013, 11:00 AM

Cougar gets a new quest, new rare enemy, and falz hands can attack you in quests.
This update is going to be fun.

Oh defiantly looking forward to this!

It's just a bummer that it's 2 weeks away instead of being this Wednesday iirc. :c

MetalDude
Sep 27, 2013, 11:14 AM
Only two weeks away? Shit, that will be kind of nice since this update was kind of puny (sans Matter Board 14 drops of all things).

Zorafim
Sep 27, 2013, 12:11 PM
Oh, this update seems nice.

And is that a scorpion helmet? Why has nobody mentioned the scorpion helmet?

Emp
Sep 27, 2013, 12:13 PM
Are all the other weps shown just camos? Cause I saw a cool looking rod.

Bump.

TehblackUchiha
Sep 27, 2013, 01:07 PM
On October 9th, Super Hard will be available for quests starting from Forest through Floating Continent.

I knew it, just like the vh update. Hopefully ruins through quarry increase enemy levels to 66+ for 11*'s (not that i'll find any). I just hope aq rares will be easier to find.

Alisha
Sep 27, 2013, 01:21 PM
i saw nothing worth coming back from FF14 for :/

Z-0
Sep 27, 2013, 01:25 PM
There's nothing worth coming back for, you're right.

Golto
Sep 27, 2013, 01:49 PM
I think in that video only 3 were cameos and not new weapons. The last two at near the end of the video and the one that looks like another zodiac cameo.

Vent
Sep 27, 2013, 02:02 PM
I am surprised nobody mentioned the super speed punching/slapping and the flying-kick/step-on-foot lobby actions. Those look hilarious.

Emp
Sep 27, 2013, 03:07 PM
I am surprised nobody mentioned the super speed punching/slapping and the flying-kick/step-on-foot lobby actions. Those look hilarious.

Not as funny as the,

Chicken dance

otaku998
Sep 27, 2013, 06:05 PM
So it is confirmed that there is actually no forced level 11+ disc from Rare mob/bosses? Just higher drop rate? Oh well my Assbuster level 11+ still get fucked then.

darkfalz16
Sep 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
lol i doubt this game could do anything to make me come back from ff14 arr for

Darki
Sep 27, 2013, 10:00 PM
Photon Flare, Photon Flare Advance, Photon Flare Afterburst and Ice Mastery 2 will require less points to unlock (they're giving out a skill tree reset because of this).

Stop trying to make Photon Flare happen, SEGA. It will not happen (though anything that gives a skilltree is welcomed).

lol i doubt this game could do anything to make me come back from ff14 arr for

It can uninstall your FF14 game. :)

otaku998
Sep 27, 2013, 10:02 PM
It can uninstall your FF14 game. :)

I laughed more than i should, given that i was one of the victim of the HDD bug

gigawuts
Sep 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
Stop trying to make Photon Flare happen, SEGA. It will not happen (though anything that gives a skilltree is welcomed).

Actually depending on the skill levels required this may be a good thing for everything involved.

I mean, reducing required SP isn't going to make Photon Flare happen...it's going to make things below photon flare happen. Hasn't that always been a pretty big issue? If I want to make an ice build with freeze keep I'm looking at throwing tons of SP into Photon Flare, even if I don't even want to use it.

Then when they see people still not even doing that they might actually do something about it, like the fury stance rework.

Inazuma
Sep 28, 2013, 12:24 AM
The biggest problem with Photon Flare is the short duration and long cooldown. There are other problems and some are being fixed, but it still might not be enough to make Photon Flare worth using.

Anon_Fire
Sep 28, 2013, 01:38 AM
The biggest problem with Photon Flare is the short duration and long cooldown. There are other problems and some are being fixed, but it still might not be enough to make Photon Flare worth using.

So you want Photon Flare's durations reversed? Short Cooldown, long duration?

cheapgunner
Sep 28, 2013, 01:49 AM

Basicaly Photon Stance. I wouldn't mind it either. As deep as it is currently, you can't get all the boosts like ja/technique advances and its boost isn't as big as fury stance and its ja skills offer atm.

Darki
Sep 28, 2013, 03:09 AM
The problem with Photon Flare is similar to what happens to the buffs. They require too much 'micro-management' for the fast-paced nature of the game.

People would be more eager to run around with Photon Flare if it lasted more, even if it had weaker effect. For a while, I tried to make a "balanced" skilltree with Bolt PP Save, Photon Flare and Flame S charge, and the result was that most of the times I activated Photon Flare I'd waste the time dodging enemies or being on the floor for being hit.

The idea of the skill is supposed to be a quick boost to burst damage with a weakening payoff, but in the end, the time it takes is too little and the health-lowering effect is not really that threatening.

If you wanna make the skill very limited, but still useful, instead of a time restriction it should have worked like Weak Bullet: with hit count. Instead of lasting 30 secs, make it work for the next 3~5 casted techs, and maybe make the health risk more threatening to counter the fact that you'd be able to keep the skill on for long as you keep the techs charged. For example, make it so getting hit automatically deactivates Photon Flare effect.

While a "Photon Flare stance" would be cool, I think it would defeat the purpose of the skill. The idea is to boost your damage a a lot for a few hits, not to create a stationary boost to your overall damage.

MetalDude
Sep 28, 2013, 11:36 AM
Territory Burst on the other hand should seriously be a Stance. Why take a FOmarl passive ability and then just trash it like that? The whole point was to provide a near-constant support advantage over FOFI players.

Zyrusticae
Sep 28, 2013, 12:23 PM
If you wanna make the skill very limited, but still useful, instead of a time restriction it should have worked like Weak Bullet: with hit count. Instead of lasting 30 secs, make it work for the next 3~5 casted techs, and maybe make the health risk more threatening to counter the fact that you'd be able to keep the skill on for long as you keep the techs charged. For example, make it so getting hit automatically deactivates Photon Flare effect.
Ooooh, I like this. Make the damage boost 300%+ instead of the near-useless T-Atk boost and I'd take it for sure.

It'd need a really short cooldown (like 30s maxed out) to be worth it, or alternatively a 1000%+ damage boost if it's gonna have a WB-esque cooldown, however, since unlike Weak Bullet it only affects you and doesn't last over multiple attacks over a long duration (seriously, you can get a LOT of hits in on a single WB).

Of course, Chain Trigger suffers from the same issue... that one really needs a rework.

gigawuts
Sep 28, 2013, 12:39 PM
I was actually thinking about how the new talis skill should work exactly that way. I was thinking about using it with namegid, and how the +50% damage bonus duration is probably just short enough to exclude namegid from ever qualifying (what is namegid's full charge time, 6.5 seconds? the buff duration is probably exactly 6 seconds or something, restricting namegid's use to uncharged shots or unbonused shots, which would be better suited by a rod).

So a better fix would be to always bonus the first tech you cast and any techs cast in the following 6 seconds. But...then fire has a sort of unfair advantage due to the nature of casting delays, letting you get relatively more fire tech castings than other elements.

So the better fix would be exactly 3-4 techs, or something. Fire would actually be a bit more challenging than other elements there, due to the extra throws you'd have to do and how unwieldy talis nafoie can be on a lot of hitboxes.

re: Chain Trigger

Chain Trigger has a skill in the files right now called One More Chain. It gives you a chance for, well, a free chain after you finish the last one. 1 sp for 10%, or 10 sp for 100%. Yes, really. It's even better than the free trap skill. Don't ask me, I don't know either. The problem is...that's not what's wrong with chain or gunner at all. I'd much rather see Chain Trigger turned into a passive skill centered on each enemy you damage, not a specific hitbox. You get a much smaller counter and the damage caps at 50%, probably with 25 count. Add a second Chain skill to stand in for what CT is right now, but less effective since it would work with the passive CT.

I'd have a lot more fun with Gunner that way tbh. Then remove or nerf the everliving fuck out of the sroll JA skill ;/

Enforcer MKV
Sep 28, 2013, 03:07 PM
That rifle camo....

IT WILL BE MIIIIIIIIINE! CHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHE~

Chdata
Sep 28, 2013, 03:14 PM
I just realized what the new cores remind me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKzKiPChc-Q
Skip to 8:33

The future: Change over::Code duel - Defeat the infection core spawn!

After beating a boss or enemy that has one of these new cores, the boss dies, but not the core, allowing the core to become a whole enemy on its own.

strikerhunter
Sep 28, 2013, 03:18 PM
That rifle camo....

IT WILL BE MIIIIIIIIINE! CHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHE~

Not unless I get it first!!!!!!!
But dang, those camos.....and the TMGs (1st one shown probably SH drops not camo ones)

Inazuma
Sep 28, 2013, 05:58 PM

When I first got my ice tree, I tried using Photon Flare. This is what happened:

- We enter new Caves block and a huge pile of enemies spawn in front of us.
- *Activates Photon Flare*
- Party members kill all enemies while I'm waiting for the Photon Flare activation animation to finish.
- End result: Thanks to activating Photon Flare, I did absolutely nothing to help kill those enemies.

OK, so I should use Photon Flare in between enemy spawns, right? Nope! That doesn't work either. Waiting for the activation animation to finish means my party members get way ahead of me, so when I eventually catch up, all of the enemies are dead.

The only time I can activate Photon Flare and actually get to attack enemies is if I do it during a fight, so I am able to run to the next area with the party. But this has a few problems of its own. I wasn't contributing for that fight because I was activating Photon Flare. And by the time we get to the new enemy spawn, the 30 second duration is almost up.

And even if everything happened to work out and I got to use Photon Flare for the entire 30 second duration, the tech boost was so small it pretty much made no difference. Instead of spending a few seconds standing still activating Photon Flare, I'm better off attacking and/or running to the next area instead.

Long story short, you can clear the quest faster if you never use Photon Flare. If you try to use it, it will slow you down overall.

This was with lv 5 Photon Flare and Photon Flare Advance, since they are requirements for Ice Mastery 2. Things may change with the next update, but I still have my doubts if Photon Flare will be worth using or not.

I think Photon Flare should be passive, always active, and the tech attack boost should be enough to make it worth using. Same thing for Territory Burst.

Chdata
Sep 28, 2013, 06:25 PM
Use photon flare for PSE bursts. It's like trying to use Heel Stab: Use it for PSE bursts.