PDA

View Full Version : How do you fight falz phase two?

KoKuTanLuFi
Sep 29, 2013, 11:57 AM
I wanted to know if there was any guide on now to fight the second form of falz. Secondly is it true that the second phase can only be accessed if you fight the incoming dark arms at least once??? So if I used a ton of boosters could I fight the dark arms and sit out till phase two starts?

jooozek
Sep 29, 2013, 11:59 AM
you need to fight arms just one at any difficulty per emergency and yes, you could sit out with boosters running with the lobby, the time on them is only reduced when you are in field

Sayara
Sep 29, 2013, 12:00 PM
When the first alert begins, fight the arms and stuff.. You have to do 1 arm fight and win. you can continue to fight more arms for extra loot and exp but you only need 1 to move on.

30 minutes later there will be a 2nd announcement, go back to the counter and Falz Elder should be the available quest. You only get ONE SHOT to fight him, so make it count. If you fail; you can't try again.

goldwing
Sep 29, 2013, 12:01 PM
As for fighting falz all you need to do is break his arms. All of them excetp the lower two. They are unbreakable and overall a waste of your time so ignore them

Emp
Sep 29, 2013, 12:06 PM
As for fighting falz all you need to do is break his arms. All of them excetp the lower two. They are unbreakable and overall a waste of your time so ignore them

All the arms are a waste of ur time. The arms only add units to the end loot.

FacelessRed
Sep 29, 2013, 12:16 PM

And they also increase the amount of Meseta he drops. Units + more meseta = Not a waste of time.

Emp
Sep 29, 2013, 12:19 PM
And they also increase the amount of Meseta he drops. Units + more meseta = Not a waste of time.

WOW CHUNK CHANGE. On a good day, it prolly only 30-35k meseta

MetalDude
Sep 29, 2013, 12:24 PM
It's pretty much a waste either way. Most people break arms out of habit and if you're with a smart group, you might as well.

What pisses me off is people who get upset when you shock at the start of phase 2. Either organize better or shut up already, it's not hard to destroy extras right off the bat.

Zenobia
Sep 29, 2013, 12:29 PM

Only in a bad party, but just because breaking arms is a waste of time doesn't mean everyone in that MPA is thinking like you.

So while it would be good to just zerg him and get more accounts or Characters in for a chance at rares that doesn't mean you shouldn't break them cause of the MPA.

Its not all about you.

Rayden
Sep 29, 2013, 12:32 PM
I wanted to know if there was any guide on now to fight the second form of falz.
Yes, there's a guide. Here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204984

Secondly is it true that the second phase can only be accessed if you fight the incoming dark arms at least once???
Yes, it's true.

So if I used a ton of boosters could I fight the dark arms and sit out till phase two starts?
Yeah, you could... But why would you do that? Unless you're only going to play the game during Dark Falz events and can't afford extra boosters, that doesn't make sense. You'll use up the boosts when you do something else anyway.

You can make one 30 minute boost last for an entire Dark Falz event, including Dark Falz Elder. Just wait in the campship each run for somebody to start the teleporter and for the countdown to end. Once the teleporter actually starts, then you can go down to the boss room. That will save you 30-60 seconds on your boosts per run.

Emp
Sep 29, 2013, 12:33 PM
Only in a bad party, but just because breaking arms is a waste of time doesn't mean everyone in that MPA is thinking like you.

So while it would be good to just zerg him and get more accounts or Characters in for a chance at rares that doesn't mean you shouldn't break them cause of the MPA.

Its not all about you.

Unless Im told beforehand, I just do whatever I want. Usually try to shock in both phases.

Skyly
Sep 29, 2013, 12:38 PM
How do you fight him to get the best loot?

Zenobia
Sep 29, 2013, 12:38 PM
Or that.

My only concern really is just for the elder fight to end as fast as possible all arms or no arms broken w/e doesn't matter sense I have 5 chars.

I wouldn't get mad if a FO shocked him on first go+ you can just get the arms that are easily accessible as well.

Jim
Sep 29, 2013, 12:43 PM
How do you fight him to get the best loot?

I'm pretty sure as long as you're fighting him on Very Hard, your base chance (before boosters) to get anything worth having can't really be changed. Unless you lose, of course.

I agree with Zenobia though, some people want the chance at that extra loot, even if it is only units. Breaking the arms is just good form, unless noone seems to care.

Z-0
Sep 29, 2013, 12:54 PM
I usually just break arms to begin, but if progress is slow about 2 minutes in, I will just kill him instead of waiting around.

pkemr4
Sep 29, 2013, 12:57 PM
generally most japanese players frown upon people not breaking the arm iirc.

Zenobia
Sep 29, 2013, 01:09 PM
generally most japanese players frown upon people not breaking the arm iirc.

^That comment hurts as true as it is.

ArcaneTechs
Sep 29, 2013, 01:22 PM
Shock on phase 1, I set bit and watch the show :3

Emp
Sep 29, 2013, 04:25 PM
Just a note: If the Elder run is going bad, and you're going to fail, just abandon before the timer reaches 0 - You can do it again.

This. But idk why u would be soloing him.

UnLucky
Sep 29, 2013, 04:46 PM
Also, regular (lv50) and boosted (lv60) Falz have separate credit, so if you do one arms run for the unscheduled Falz, you can't sit on it for a scheduled one.

And yes, you can ignore an Elder and catch the next one if you've got time constraints. Usually not that helpful since you can just do the arms the next time, but it can at least save you from switching characters.

As in, "I have to go in 20 minutes, I can't do Elder" so you just do the quest once on all your characters and quit. Next time Falz pops up, you can go through the full 30m with a single character, kill Elder, switch chars, and kill him again since you had credit from last time.

As for breaking parts, whatever it's extra loot. Plus they take bonus damage since they're weak points, so it can be faster to break the arms than not. Only time it sucks is if you're all waiting around for Shock, but a good party weaves that in during the breaks as much as possible to avoid that.

Inazuma
Sep 29, 2013, 11:49 PM
The most important thing is to kill Elder asap. If that means not breaking all arms, so be it. The best way to fight Elder is to have multiple chars so you can fight him multiple times. Even if you don't have multiple chars, many people do, so don't stand around doing nothing and slow down their run. Many people use boost tickets as well, so don't waste them. Keep attacking at all times. If you can attack a breakable arm, go for that. Otherwise try to shock and/or do as much damage as possible.

Krimson
Sep 30, 2013, 04:16 PM
I've seen Falz just get core attacked he still dropped a lot of loot, Sega devs are troll.

ThePendragon
Oct 1, 2013, 03:00 PM
Aim for the chest/eye and lower arms exclusively. If you're a force, use nothing but lightning. Kill as quickly as possible and avoid breaking any arms. That is the correct way.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 1, 2013, 06:49 PM
Aim for the chest/eye and lower arms exclusively. If you're a force, use nothing but lightning. Kill as quickly as possible and avoid breaking any arms. That is the correct way.

Hmm what you said is quite interesting, but i think a lot of people would disagree with you there and say your method is not correct .It is the wrong way.

But please enlighten me how is your method the correct way?

Emp
Oct 1, 2013, 07:04 PM
Hmm what you said is quite interesting, but i think a lot of people would disagree with you there and say your method is not correct .It is the wrong way.

But please enlighten me how is your method the correct way?

It isnt the wrong way. If ur with ppl who dont CARE ABOUT the arms, this is in fact the fatest/best way to kill it. Breaking his arms only units and slightly more pocket change.

-Shock it
-Other ppl target lower arms
-lvl 60 falz dead in 3 min.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 1, 2013, 07:19 PM
Ah I guess everyone has there way to defeat Falz Elder, which fair enough, as long as your not in my MPA, but 3mins to kill lvl60 falz Elder without breaking its arms?

FTW It usually takes a good MPA 1 - 2 mins to break all of the arms and kill Elder. So it makes your point invalid to me.

Emp
Oct 1, 2013, 07:24 PM
Ah I guess everyone has there way to defeat Falz Elder, which fair enough, as long as your not in my MPA, but 3mins to kill lvl60 falz Elder without breaking its arms?

FTW It usually takes a good MPA 1 - 2 mins to break all of the arms and kill Elder. So it makes your point invalid to me.

What u mean not in your mpa? You hate early shockers? Or when all arms arent broken?

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 1, 2013, 08:03 PM
What u mean not in your mpa? You hate early shockers? Or when all arms arent broken?

No i wouldn't go to that exttent and say i hate it, but im Just saying that is unfair to an MPA that is intentially going to break all the arms while someone is attacking the core , unless it is organized with the MPA first, such as a team.

Also from my statistical experience it seems everyone tries to break all the arms no matter what.

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 08:36 PM
the core/eye take less damage than hands or exposed arms, though...

Emp
Oct 1, 2013, 08:54 PM
It may be unfair but he still dies and u get drops. Dont be mad.

the core/eye take less damage than hands or exposed arms, though...

Everything is fine if u hv someone wb the lower arms. Only ppl that should attack those spots are shockers.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 09:04 PM
If you want to break arms or not, whatever you do, just don't stand around doing nothing. I see many people doing this all the time and it pisses me off. Especially because I have 6 chars and I use rare boost tickets.

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 09:23 PM
If you want to break arms or not, whatever you do, just don't stand around doing nothing. I see many people doing this all the time and it pisses me off. Especially because I have 6 chars and I use rare boost tickets.

lol some of these ppl might be wb-ers
which is all some of us need anyway.
u can slack all u want if u are doing wb job for all i care.
but there are also cases where animations are not shown due to lag,
frame skipping x.x
so all i can say is "meh i aren't got no time to notice for these ppl"
and just do ur part to make things work.
there are bound to have leechers.
u can't run away from it :P
and no one would know how many runs u are intending to do anyway ;P
so ur chars = u make things work haha
that is the rule u will have to face :o

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 09:28 PM
lol some of these ppl might be wb-ers
which is all some of us need anyway.
u can slack all u want if u are doing wb job for all i care.
but there are also cases where animations are not shown due to lag,
frame skipping x.x
so all i can say is "meh i aren't got no time to notice for these ppl"
and just do ur part to make things work.
there are bound to have leechers.
u can't run away from it :P
and no one would know how many runs u are intending to do anyway ;P
so ur chars = u make things work haha
that is the rule u will have to face :o

Well, WB users wouldn't normally hold swords. But yeah, the mpa is random people. Just like everything else in the game, it's all RNG.

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 09:34 PM
Well, WB users wouldn't normally hold swords. But yeah, the mpa is random people. Just like everything else in the game, it's all RNG.

zzz ok those are definately leechers >:(
and i can guess it's that sword with the exp boost -.-"

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah, my boosters ran out once starting with 12m. I don't use RDR for the arms since I need to start the next run ASAP, but it kinda sucks if I'm running a triboost or something.

Waiting around for Shock sucks, but that's why so many people affixed those squirt guns. At least be useful, people.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 09:44 PM
zzz ok those are definately leechers >:(
and i can guess it's that sword with the exp boost -.-"

It's not the exp boost. It's people who refuse to attack unbreakable arms and also refuse to try to shock the arms themself. They will wait around for minutes, until someone else shocks the arms. It's really annoying when half the mpa does this. Usually the first Elder fight has this problem. People who only have one char and don't realize or care that they are slowing down the people with multiple chars/using boost tickets.

pkemr4
Oct 1, 2013, 09:48 PM
tbh is pisses me off when people dont break the arms in the elder fight or dont shock him at all.

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 09:50 PM
lv50 Elder is like impossible to break all the arms. He just doesn't have enough health to survive the overflow on his parts.

Might as well just zerg him down ASAP wgaf yolo

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 1, 2013, 10:02 PM
It may be unfair but he still dies and u get drops. Dont be mad.

I am Mad though. xD I am MadPlayer

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 10:07 PM
lv50 Elder is like impossible to break all the arms. He just doesn't have enough health to survive the overflow on his parts.

Might as well just zerg him down ASAP wgaf yolo

lol then u must be in a very bad mpa o.O
most of the time .the arms are broken so fast in JP block that u totally have no time to use slow charging skills (yes i am using a FO lol)
they just go "boom boom ...ore no ....argh...!!!"
maybe it's just that u are in a bad mpa :/

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 1, 2013, 10:11 PM
lol then u must be in a very bad mpa o.O
most of the time .the arms are broken so fast in JP block that u totally have no time to use slow charging skills (yes i am using a FO lol)
they just go "boom boom ...ore no ....argh...!!!"
maybe it's just that u are in a bad mpa :/

Unlucky Said its 'like' impossible to break all the arms, big difference between 'is' and 'like' , and i agree most of the MPAs i have played with break all the arms, 'but' on the odd occasion 1 arm is left.

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 10:33 PM
It's called Backhand Smash. If you unleash that bad boy on a WB arm right before it breaks, Elder's body takes the full amount of damage.

Meaning he is going to be dead long before his last arm can even come close to breaking.

I usually try to use quick small hits so this doesn't happen, but as you said there are bad MPAs with idiots smashing the hell out of Elder with hard hitting single attacks.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 10:48 PM
idiots smashing the hell out of Elder with hard hitting single attacks.

You just described a good player. More important than breaking arms, is killing Falz asap. The 10 star units are worthless. Finding 11 and 12 star weapons, on the other hand is a good thing, so the faster you kill Falz, the higher your chances.

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 10:57 PM
You just described a good player. More important than breaking arms, is killing Falz asap. The 10 star units are worthless. Finding 11 and 12 star weapons, on the other hand is a good thing, so the faster you kill Falz, the higher your chances.

of cos 11-12* would be good XD
but i guess u gotta put ur foot into those who wanna farm the units to use them.
and also to those who dont have multiple characters,but just wanna enjoy breaking arms for the sake of achievement to enjoy the game.

not everyone is all out to just farm.
so i think the best thing for us is to look on the general view of the mpa
and where they are heading lol.

if u see a lot of core atkers,go for it then.
if u are most ppl going for arm breaking,
just dont be the odd one out and spoil it haha.
that's my 2cents to this

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 11:09 PM

No, the good players start off with a strong hit to get it close to breaking, follow up with quick small hits, then switch targets and do it again

With early Shocks, you can continuously hit the arms until they're all broken.

It's no faster in a good party to intentionally avoid breaking the arms.

It's extra loot that can be exchanged for photon spheres. And once you're on your last character, ending the fight ASAP does not help your chances at all.