PDA

View Full Version : How to remove "enchants" from weapons?

rippsu
Sep 29, 2013, 01:28 PM
I know it's not called an enchant but I don't know what it's really called. Anyways, how do I remove the thing from my weapon that's either: dark, light, fire, earth, etc...

And where do I buy new ones and how do I add them?

Sayara
Sep 29, 2013, 01:47 PM
Elements cannot really be removed, only changed. You need a weapon type of the same rarity + an element amp thing that is either in player shops (for high meseta) or in AC scratch.. (example, Vrolet + Gunslash Zero)

Grind Eliment -> you'll be given a chance to switch the element if you have the item in your inventory.

strikerhunter
Sep 29, 2013, 01:48 PM
Questions/answers are found here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3048263#post3048263 instead of making a thread.

Regardless: It's called element not enchantment.

You can't remove them, but the hell why would you when it gives you damage bonus regardless of enemy resistance?

You can't change it unless you get an element changer or get another same weapon with different element and just element grind it.
Basically in order to change it, you need to deal with element grinding it with different element of the same weapon and/or with an element changer.

Sandmind
Sep 29, 2013, 01:51 PM
Cannot be removed, cannot be added. You can increase the % for more damage by sacrifing a 2nd copy of that weapon at Dudu. When you do that, you can use an AC scratch item to change the element if you wish.

As far as VH is concerned, having the correct element on strike and range weapon got little impact, unless you got techer with element weak hit in your class combo. It's mostly the elemental % that matter, with 50% acting as a base damage boost of that same %.

Sega did mention that for SH, element would matter more, but they didn't say how yet to my knowledge. (I assume we will start seeing more resistance)

jooozek
Sep 29, 2013, 02:06 PM
Sega did mention that for SH, element would matter more, but they didn't say how yet to my knowledge. (I assume we will start seeing more resistance)

can you link to the source?

Zenobia
Sep 29, 2013, 02:25 PM
Cannot be removed, cannot be added. You can increase the % for more damage by sacrifing a 2nd copy of that weapon at Dudu. When you do that, you can use an AC scratch item to change the element if you wish.

As far as VH is concerned, having the correct element on strike and range weapon got little impact, unless you got techer with element weak hit in your class combo. It's mostly the elemental % that matter, with 50% acting as a base damage boost of that same %.

can you link to the source?

Pls do provide that,

supersonix9
Sep 29, 2013, 03:47 PM

a game mechanic in pso2 working as it should?

Shadowth117
Sep 29, 2013, 03:50 PM

Sauce plx

Lumpen Thingy
Sep 29, 2013, 03:54 PM
a game mechanic in pso2 working as it should?
yes I want it so I have to get a set of 50% double sabers instead of just having one really good one

Jim
Sep 29, 2013, 04:11 PM
I know it's not called an enchant but I don't know what it's really called. Anyways, how do I remove the thing from my weapon that's either: dark, light, fire, earth, etc...

And where do I buy new ones and how do I add them?

Hi, rippsu, the elemental damage system can be a little... different for newcomers. I'll go over the basics really quickly, and if you have more questions, I'll answer them as they come. Also, everyone, please check my facts and correct me on any (inevitable) errors. I don't do a lot of grinding because I'm a lazy prick, so I'm regurgitating shaky knowledge at best.

Like Sayara said, elemental attributes can not be removed, but you can change them. You will need an additional, similar weapon to combine with your existing one. The more similar they are, the bigger the bonus. As UnLucky pointed out...

Same weapon name, same element type: Add the two element values together
Same weapon name, different element: +10
Same weapon type: +1

I'm going to use the PSU element symbols even though we're talking about PSO2, so don't let that freak you out, people!
:ice::fire::light::dark::lightning:

So, for example, let's say you have an Alva Slash+3 (アルバスラッシュ) with 12% Fire on it...

Alva Slash+3
:fire: 12

And another one that's, say, +1 with 11% shock...

Alva Slash+1
:lightning: 11

You can talk to Dudu in the shop area to grind the attributes:

For this example, we'll select the [Alva Slash+3 :fire: 12] first, making it the target. The [Alva Slash+1 :lightning: 11] will be consumed, and your fire weapon will be slightly improved.

Alva Slash+3
:fire: 22

Alva Slash+1 [DESTROYED]

Now, if you have an attribute change device like, say, Ice:

Attribute Change (Ice)
属性変化(氷属性)

You can use that as well when grinding the attributes of a weapon to change the fire attribute to Ice. This would be the result instead: (I think)

Alva Slash+3 [IMPROVED, ATTRIBUTE CHANGED TO ICE]
:ice: 22

[S]Alva Slash+1 [DESTROYED]

Now, a very important note: attribute changes are expensive, so unless we're talking about a [I]really nice weapon, it's definitely better to just find another one with the attribute you want. (or even buy it from a player shop!)

Oh, and whether you're changing the element of not, this process consumes Synthesizers (シンセサイザー), so make sure you have a lot of them.

Synthesizer
シンセサイザー

You can see some numbers on attribute grinding by checking out this bumped.org article (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/#elements).

Also, here is a list of attribute enhancments (http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/enhance_2.php#nav).

And most importantly, watch this thread for corrections to my explanation because I am NOT an expert at this. haha[/SPOILER-BOX]

UnLucky
Sep 29, 2013, 04:53 PM

I believe the amount of synthesizers required is equal to the amount your element will be increased by (which can exceed the amount that it actually gains, since the max element is 50). As Macman pointed out.

So if you've got two Alva Slashes, it will cost 6 synths.

Also weapons with no element at all are practically worthless. There was a time when rares could come without an element, and it was hilarious.

Macman
Sep 29, 2013, 05:36 PM
Same weapon type and rarity: +1

Also the synthesizer cost is equal to the star value of all weapons (target and consumed) added together, and multiplied by x1.5

So element grinding a 10* weapon with one other 10* weapon would run you 30 synthesizers.

MetalDude
Sep 29, 2013, 05:41 PM
And adding another on top would then be another 15. For this reason, if you need more than one material weapon, try to use both in the same run to save you 15.

Jim
Sep 29, 2013, 07:48 PM

I believe the amount of synthesizers required is equal to the amount your element will be increased by (which can exceed the amount that it actually gains, since the max element is 50). As Macman pointed out.

So if you've got two Alva Slashes, it will cost 6 synths.

Also weapons with no element at all are practically worthless. There was a time when rares could come without an element, and it was hilarious.

So, in my example, the resulting Alva Slash should be 20%, not 11%, right?

Just tried out a few attribute grinds and answered my own question. Thanks for the info, people!