PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis leading the Church in a positive direction

Nitro Vordex
Oct 1, 2013, 02:47 PM
“The most surprising thing he told me was: ‘God is not Catholic.’ I asked him what he meant, since he is the leader of the Catholic Church, and he told me that ‘God is universal, and we are catholic in the sense of the way we worship him.” (worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/01/20769734-pope-francis-digs-at-vaticans-narcissistic-nature-calls-for-change?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=2)

Pope Francis is continuing to show that he really is there to represent the faith in a good way. The fact that he's continually attempting to bring everyone together, rather than go after things that separate, really makes me respect him. I'm not personally Catholic, but I still find this great. Anyone who's been following, any thoughts on this?

ShinMaruku
Oct 1, 2013, 02:51 PM
I think he is the right person for the job. Although Benedict was not too shabby either just he never understood how to engage the public. I think Francis is a good sucessor to John Paul II.

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2013, 02:55 PM
I think he was chosen to reverse the negative & self-destructive image the church has created for itself because it would be the end of them in public opinion, which is all that really matters to them despite what they say シ

ShinMaruku
Oct 1, 2013, 03:01 PM
He's doing a masterful job at it. He's also a bit of a troll. I like him. I want to see what things he really takes a intrest to. Because some people make the mistake to think the Catholic church is still not a political organization.

Atbar
Oct 4, 2013, 10:47 AM
All I see is another guy that does his business in the woods.

Sinue_v2
Oct 9, 2013, 10:31 PM
I think he was chosen to reverse the negative & self-destructive image the church has created for itself

I think he was chosen because Catholicism is spinning it's wheels in North America and Europe over the whole sex abuse and other scandals... and Protestantism (especially Evangelicalism) is starting to make major in-roads into Latin America... one of Catholicism's last major holdouts.

Charisma and other attributes aside, he's a happy medium between giving Latin Americans a home-team player on the Papal throne to rally around while still seating an Italian at the head of the Church.