PDA

View Full Version : So, about Falz/Vardha's transporter...

Cyclon
Oct 1, 2013, 03:45 PM
Don't know if it's been discussed around here already or not, but I felt like asking for opinions on the following matter:
What do you think is the best behavior when it comes to activating the 30 seconds timer for transporters in the Falz and Vardha EQs?

I personally tend to rush to them as fast as I can in order to buy everybody time(aka more runs), but then again I hardly see anyone else doing the same, so... do you think it's actually better to wait for people? Do you prefer to let someone else do it? Or is there something else that I'm missing? Opinions please(^_^')

Gama
Oct 1, 2013, 03:46 PM
usually ppl activate them as fast as possible to make everyone else rush.

Sp-24
Oct 1, 2013, 03:48 PM
I usually activate it as soon as I can, because if it's still not up by the time I'm done loading and have restocked on moons, then it means everybody's waiting on campships with their precious boost items on.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 1, 2013, 03:53 PM
I always activate them since the blocks I am on are always full to capacity (including premium); I want to spam as many run as possible and people will always join in regardless. I do understand, however, that there are players who want to be considerate, and therefore will wait until others are ready. I dunno.... may be I'm just a inconsiderate dick... but I want to get as many runs as I can before the Boosters run out (Exp, Rare, Triboost, etc).

HanSoto
Oct 1, 2013, 05:12 PM
I almost never take control over the teleporter. I prefer to just let someone else do it. As long as you're not turning it on and off a bunch of times, or taking an eternity starting, it doesn't really bother me how long you take before activating. If I was going to be in control of it though I would wait until the party would be 12/12 then just activate it.

Chdata
Oct 1, 2013, 05:13 PM
Don't rush to activate them, that's stupid.

Wait till you see 12/12, then rush to activate them. If there's already 12/12, then basically yeah just rush to activate them.

But if you don't see that, let someone else do it and hopefully they did it after 12/12.

KazukiQZ
Oct 1, 2013, 05:37 PM
^This. Sometimes my table didn't get updated yet so it's still saying 7/12 rather than 12/12.

Cadfael
Oct 1, 2013, 05:58 PM
I usually let other people activate it, but if everyone is being shy, I'll start it.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 1, 2013, 06:03 PM
With Falz in particular I've noticed that if you activate it and you don't have 12/12, it may lock out more people from coming in.

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 1, 2013, 06:22 PM
I just wait in campship till its activated therefor saving my boosts, i usually make to the teleporter just before the countdown ends.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 06:32 PM
As soon as I see 12/12, I will rush to activate it.

Chdata
Oct 1, 2013, 06:33 PM
With Falz in particular I've noticed that if you activate it and you don't have 12/12, it may lock out more people from coming in.

It doesn't, otherwise I wouldn't be able to join to see the teleporter immediately start a second after I join.

After it starts though, the party is in a special area.

And yeah, sometimes the table doesn't update and might say 7/12 when you're already full, that's why I let someone else start it if that happens.

strikerhunter
Oct 1, 2013, 07:30 PM
It doesn't, otherwise I wouldn't be able to join to see the teleporter immediately start a second after I join.

After it starts though, the party is in a special area.

And yeah, sometimes the table doesn't update and might say 7/12 when you're already full, that's why I let someone else start it if that happens.

Nope. Once the teleporter time is up and used, it locks others from joining it. Basically when the mission begins no one can join in anymore. (similar to TAs/XQs/AQs after passing the doors)

TehCubey
Oct 1, 2013, 07:41 PM
Rushing made me fight the level 60 Falz Elder at only 8/12. We did it but it wasn't pretty.
I wasn't the one who rushed BTW.

So yeah, always make sure you're at 12/12 first.

TaigaUC
Oct 1, 2013, 08:37 PM
What I'd like to know is why some people wait until 0.1 seconds to teleport with a full party and then cancel. Repeatedly.

pkemr4
Oct 1, 2013, 08:38 PM
sometimes when i load before the rest. and i just stand there at the teleporter and let someone else activate it xD

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 08:44 PM
If you see 5/12 or lower, wait a bit until people show up on your minimap or start it themselves. It can become 12/12 before the number updates, so don't wait too long but do give it a bit. Try to only check the value once you leave the campship, so you know you have a fresh number.

8/12 or more, start it up ASAP.

If the countdown is canceled, check to see if it's 12/12, then start it up yourself. If you're in windowed mode, alt+tab so you don't accidentally cancel the timer. I know some people's game crashes if you alt+tab in fullscreen, though.

People can still join during the 30s countdown, so don't worry about starting a bit early. It's only locked once you first zone into the boss room. A lot of people actually wait for the timer to fully end before they leave the campship, so don't try to count heads or something before starting.

Zyrusticae
Oct 1, 2013, 09:07 PM
I always hit it immediately. I don't even bother looking at the number of people in the room because I KNOW it will fill up in the massive 30-second window they have to jump in.

If you're worried about it starting within the 30 seconds before the room is full, you're in the wrong block, plain and simple.

HaxMega
Oct 1, 2013, 09:25 PM
I always hit it immediately. I don't even bother looking at the number of people in the room because I KNOW it will fill up in the massive 30-second window they have to jump in.

If you're worried about it starting within the 30 seconds before the room is full, you're in the wrong block, plain and simple.

This applies to Falz arms and maybe the first 2 or 3 elders. If your on your 4th-6th elder, it will probably take a bit longer for people to join.

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 09:38 PM
I've started it immediately in like block 12 when non-premium space was full up.

Was only 4/12 when I started (my party) and it was only 9 or 10 after the cutscene.

9/12 is the worst since you know that one person flying solo stopped a full party from joining your MPA.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 09:41 PM
I've started it immediately in like block 12 when non-premium space was full up.

Was only 4/12 when I started (my party) and it was only 9 or 10 after the cutscene.

9/12 is the worst since you know that one person flying solo stopped a full party from joining your MPA.

Many people do Falz solo because they have more than one char and it's a huge hassle trying to play with others and change chars constantly. I go so far as to lock my parties so no one can join, otherwise it would slow me down.

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 09:54 PM
In arms? Just put like "50m disband / 50分解散" in your comment or something so they know you're leaving.

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 10:17 PM
In arms? Just put like "50m disband / 50分解散" in your comment or something so they know you're leaving.

I have 6 chars. I change chars fucking constantly for Falz.

UnLucky
Oct 1, 2013, 10:30 PM
Most people only have 2, and I've easily made it by switching at :58. I see a lot of people dropping out at :53 or :55.

15 minutes in should be enough time to switch between 6 characters, but I'm pretty sure you're among the minority here.

If you're chaining Arms runs for EXP, you'd want to be in a full party with no deserters. Doesn't matter for Elder, though.

Courina
Oct 1, 2013, 11:14 PM
-run to transporter
-press esc
-see if 12/12 or not
-if 12/12 kick the can, i mean , hit the button
-tele-ed

Aine
Oct 1, 2013, 11:35 PM
People can still join during the 30 second countdown, and the player count doesn't update in realtime. Generally if you activate it as soon as you leave the ship it'll be 12/12 by the time the countdown finishes.

TaigaUC
Oct 2, 2013, 12:02 AM
Many people do Falz solo because they have more than one char and it's a huge hassle trying to play with others and change chars constantly. I go so far as to lock my parties so no one can join, otherwise it would slow me down.

Yeah, I don't want to waste other people's time with my character switching.
I either run solo or two box, or with one friend. It's amazing what one can do with two hands.
I always make sure I play well to make up for the difference. I've two boxed XQ Elder before, back when the XQ time limit was 30 minutes. Nothing dropped, of course.

Nowadays, I use the second or a third box to run my other accounts through normal Arms at the same time, just so that they can do Elder.
It's a waste of electricity though, so I avoid doing it unless I really need to.
I think a lot of people are doing the same kind of thing, because the normal block always empties after the first Arms run.

For the record, I still haven't seen a single 11 star in all of my 600 to 1000 Elder kills (rough estimation based on number of crystals and characters).

landman
Oct 2, 2013, 02:02 AM
I always stay in the campship waiting for someone else to activate it, so I can save some seconds of my boosts, sometimes I even wait for the mission to start :P

Cyclon
Oct 2, 2013, 02:34 AM
I should probably have pointed out that I was referring to Falz hand, not elder, which is a slightly different case.

In any case, even though I didn't voice my question as well as I should have(I didn't want to know how to rush properly, which I'm fairly aware of, as much as to make sure people thought it was the best thing to do), I got my answer anyway.

Thanks everyone:)

Alenoir
Oct 2, 2013, 10:55 AM
I always just activate it as soon as possible if I'm in a full block. For high speed(?) cycling emergencies like Falz Arms and Varder, you will almost always get 12/12 by the time the countdown ends. There's no reason not to do it. </late>

Rexob
Oct 2, 2013, 11:44 AM
I always just activate it as soon as possible if I'm in a full block. For high speed(?) cycling emergencies like Falz Arms and Varder, you will almost always get 12/12 by the time the countdown ends. There's no reason not to do it. </late>

QFT - when these ECs are going on, I'm on servers where the Premium space is also maxed - just get it done ASAP to get in as many as possible imo